Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
I could sit here and list every reason that gold gens are a bad thing for this website (the marketplace is now broken beyond repair, newbies who can't buy a crapton of GC are discouraged from using this site before they can even begin, and all of that wonderfully awful stuff). I could pull out some statistics about how an item that cost 100k a few years ago now costs 1b. I could show you a graph to validate that point, even, if I really feel like being fancy and persuasive.

But I'm not going to do that. Why? Because everyone else has tried that, and it's gotten us nowhere.

I'm not angry about the state of the gold economy like everyone else is. I was angry about it, but I'm beyond that point now. Anger now would lead me to be even angrier in the future, once I realize that you hear me but you're still not really listening. I'm just a pest that's buzzing in your ear.

So, no, I'm not mad. I'm disappointed, and I'll continue to be disappointed for a while. After that, I'll just become hollow and indifferent to this site as a whole. And everyone who's mad now will reach that point in the future. It's beyond the breaking point; it's the point where you expect to just be broken even further, so you just give up trying to save yourself that humiliation.

I will ask you this, though:

Staff, why AREN'T you listening to us? Our complaints go in one of your ears and then out the other. To the greedy, money-minded people who flash ads in front of us every couple minutes or so, is our opinion (collectively and as individuals) worth less than nothing? Personally, I believe everyone's opinion should count for something. I think we owe it to each other to listen, even if we don't agree. I think you should be guaranteed that right to be heard just because you're a person and you're alive and you deserve to be treated like you're a part of the world.

So are we less than human to you? You don't care what we think as long as we're valuable to you? If everyone just stopped buying gold gens, and stopped being valuable, would you just treat us like flies and swat us away?

I don't want you to answer, because I know your answer already. We aren't users, we're not people with lives who might need money for non-pixelated reasons, we're your personal gold gens. We enter a password or a credit card number and put the money straight into your pocket.

Gaia staff, my request is this: treat us like we're really people, not utilities to you. Listen to us. See us as more than your potential paychecks.

I feel like you're not going to reply to that request.

Enduring Gaian

We are insignificant to the staff. If elitism was present anywhere, it'd be in the higher up staff and the people at Gaia Interactive. So arrogant to believe that their methods are the best without consultation from the very people they provide for.

We are a herd of mindless sheep to them, those that become intelligent to their surroundings just get abandoned by the Shepard.

Enduring Shapeshifter

The answer to your question is a simple one.

The only thing we are to Gaia's higher staff are a bunch of dollar bills, those that do not give them the monies have no voice or say.. those that speak against them shall either be ignored or silenced.

Thirteenth Rogue

The big guys' job is to make money at all cost. Community and user experience hold no value by themselves as long as money keeps on flowing in. For all we know, their strategy works well enough for them to continue, else they would: a) change, b) close the site down. Period.
What makes you think you're NOT being heard?

My theory is that lots of people ARE buying gold gens/recolours/whatever else they sell these days. So then you have some people who complain about it, and some people who obviously enjoy it because they keep buying, and Gaia has the stats on both. Maybe they hear you, but see that people like it more

So I ask you again, why do you think you aren't being heard as opposed to them hearing you, but deciding that they know better

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
x-Garethp-x

My theory is that lots of people ARE buying gold gens/recolours/whatever else they sell these days. So then you have some people who complain about it, and some people who obviously enjoy it because they keep buying, and Gaia has the stats on both. Maybe they hear you, but see that people like it more

So I ask you again, why do you think you aren't being heard as opposed to them hearing you, but deciding that they know better

The question is which one of those options is worse.
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

I'd say the first one. Gaia is their business, and it is a business. I expect a business to use it's sales metrics to make business decisions. They have a more complete view of what does and does not work, and what the people want based off of their actions. So of course it'd be better for them to be acting based off of those than just to be shoving us in this forum to ignore it

And considering that we do in fact get admins and mods replying to us now and then, it does imply that they are listening. But that doesn't mean we're right

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

I'd say the first one. Gaia is their business, and it is a business. I expect a business to use it's sales metrics to make business decisions. They have a more complete view of what does and does not work, and what the people want based off of their actions. So of course it'd be better for them to be acting based off of those than just to be shoving us in this forum to ignore it

And considering that we do in fact get admins and mods replying to us now and then, it does imply that they are listening. But that doesn't mean we're right

Well, there are some matters where there really is no 'right'.
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

I agree, but I'd still rather them make a business decision based off of their sales stats, rather than them just ignoring us all together

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

I agree, but I'd still rather them make a business decision based off of their sales stats, rather than them just ignoring us all together

But even if they do that, half the site will feel as though they've been ignored

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I'm starting to wonder if Gaians think their worth is only the amount of gold or cash they pay. Basically if Gaia makes one of their features aka "marketplace" not usable anymore, it's not my issue. It's Gaia Interactive's decision to narrow down their user base in order to make more money. I figure it will continue to happen under Gaia's current head-honcho is around. All I can do is try to enjoy games like zOMG! while playing with friends. I'm just tired of hearing that just because people can't dress their avis in premium items anymore their whole experience on the site is ruined. There is still gold shops and games and forums and chatting and guilds and art to enjoy. I wish Gaians would just suggest ideas to make the social, games, and forum aspects of the site fun again. Like will we get another developer like Uncle Kenny to work on fun events again? Will the marriage, pet system, guild event page, and inventory arranger get done? Maybe instead of suggesting just gold and items all the time, we can get Gaia to work on features again. Anyway Gaia does listen. If they didn't then a shop that is accessible to everyone GOFusion and having Loyal's counter fixed for me at least wouldn't have gotten done. Gaia doesn't want to fix inflation otherwise gold generators wouldn't be sold anymore, but what can we do as a community do make this site fun again?

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
Scobre
I'm starting to wonder if Gaians think their worth is only the amount of gold or cash they pay. Basically if Gaia makes one of their features aka "marketplace" not usable anymore, it's not my issue. It's Gaia Interactive's decision to narrow down their user base in order to make more money. I figure it will continue to happen under Gaia's current head-honcho is around. All I can do is try to enjoy games like zOMG! while playing with friends. I'm just tired of hearing that just because people can't dress their avis in premium items anymore their whole experience on the site is ruined. There is still gold shops and games and forums and chatting and guilds and art to enjoy. I wish Gaians would just suggest ideas to make the social, games, and forum aspects of the site fun again. Like will we get another developer like Uncle Kenny to work on fun events again? Will the marriage, pet system, guild event page, and inventory arranger get done? Maybe instead of suggesting just gold and items all the time, we can get Gaia to work on features again. Anyway Gaia does listen. If they didn't then a shop that is accessible to everyone GOFusion and having Loyal's counter fixed for me at least wouldn't have gotten done. Gaia doesn't want to fix inflation otherwise gold generators wouldn't be sold anymore, but what can we do as a community do make this site fun again?

That is the question.
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

But even if they do that, half the site will feel as though they've been ignored

Well then half the site is no longer talking about being ignored. Ignored means that they didn't even read your comments. There's evidence that they are reading our comments. No, what people who say they're being ignored are talking about is that they're upset that Gaia isn't doing what they tell Gaia too. Which is a whole other thing altogether

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x
Ichigo Arerugi
x-Garethp-x

Well then half the site is no longer talking about being ignored. Ignored means that they didn't even read your comments. There's evidence that they are reading our comments. No, what people who say they're being ignored are talking about is that they're upset that Gaia isn't doing what they tell Gaia too. Which is a whole other thing altogether

People are always going to be upset if others don't do what they want. But even with the amount of people who are deeply unhappy about the gold gens, it seems like Gaia hasn't even CONSIDERED eliminating/reducing them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff