Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Man, I know that feeling. Even after I started taking great care of my teeth it was hopeless. They just kept falling apart. But mine seems to have been due to a hormone deficiency, as now that I'm on hormone therapy they feel a fair bit stronger and the decay has slowed.

I've had three of my teeth taken out. They had to be shattered and then the fragments yanked out. Actually wasn't too bad. The sounds were worse than anything. I suppose the taste was pretty bad too. But no pain at all. Still waiting to get my implants though.
Tuah
Man, I know that feeling. Even after I started taking great care of my teeth it was hopeless. They just kept falling apart. But mine seems to have been due to a hormone deficiency, as now that I'm on hormone therapy they feel a fair bit stronger and the decay has slowed.

I've had three of my teeth taken out. They had to be shattered and then the fragments yanked out. Actually wasn't too bad. The sounds were worse than anything. I suppose the taste was pretty bad too. But no pain at all. Still waiting to get my implants though.

I hope you're doing okay, quiet honestly now that after today I'll be im the hospital I'm relieved the waiting is over. That alone was the hardrst and tiday even more so hard, I can't eat.
I can only have liquids under doctors orders, I shpuld be able to get my dentures in a week after my gums heal up. For now I'm drugged on hydrocodones to keep me relaxed.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Brilwen
Tuah

I hope you're doing okay, quiet honestly now that after today I'll be im the hospital I'm relieved the waiting is over. That alone was the hardrst and tiday even more so hard, I can't eat.
I can only have liquids under doctors orders, I shpuld be able to get my dentures in a week after my gums heal up. For now I'm drugged on hydrocodones to keep me relaxed.

Ugh, I had the same thing. I had to take half doses, and after three days I just quit taking them and bore the pain.

Don't worry though, it'll all turn out fine.
Tuah
Brilwen
Tuah

Ugh, I had the same thing. I had to take half doses, and after three days I just quit taking them and bore the pain.

Don't worry though, it'll all turn out fine.

I take them when the pain starts up and to help me relax. I'm eager to not have to deal with them anymore, now I can just brush my dentures every night before bed and rinse my mouth out and brush my gums.

Since it's getting closer to monday now? I'm relaxing instantly, my nurse and Doctor BOTH talked to my Mom and he said he'd be the one doing the surgery. So at least I know my doctor.
Are they putting you to sleep or happy gas/numb medicine?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Honestly? It'll hurt. Not during, but afterwards. During, it's mostly going to just feel weird. I don't know if they'll put you completely out, or just numb your mouth. When I had teeth pulled, they just numbed my mouth. It just felt like... well, like pressure. I could feel them doing something in there, but it wasn't painful or anything.

Afterwards, it'll hurt. Honestly. But they should give you some drugs for that, and just follow their instructions.

It's okay and totally normal to be nervous. You'll be alright, though heart
yeah, i'd say it's normal.

you'll be okay <3

Adorable Fisher

You'll be okay. The important thing is to relax. More than likely somebody nice will put you under and you'll be introduced to them beforehand. You can ask them exactly what they're going to do and they should explain easily to you to ease your nerves. Afterwards you'll wake up and might be in some pain, but you can express to them about your pain and they'll help you with pain management (if you can't talk, you can write it down). Since its oral surgery, you may be held overnight in recovery. This is fine, too. Treat it like a hotel. You'll do fine. If you have an IV, I suggest getting it put on the wrist of the hand that you don't write with because this makes it very manageable, better than any other position in my experience since its out of the way and not miles up your arm.

Questionable Sex Symbol

I had my wisdom teeth removed under anesthesia and it was actually a nice experience.
I don't remember anything and I woke up so relaxed and numb that I didn't even need pain killers until the next day. I hope all surgery is like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff