Welcome to Gaia! ::

Writer

Hi there. I am strongly considering buying an Asus Transformer Book T100. This tablet has a keyboard dock and comes with Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013. Part of the reason I want this tablet is the keyboard dock, and the other is that it has a USB port and I don't have to save on cloud space -- I prefer old-fashioned data storage over cloud.

I was hoping to know if MS Office Home & Student 2013 requires some sort of yearly fee like Office for iPad does, or if it's just like normal Windows programs and can be used as such.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Went to Microsoft.com, searched for Office, found a fairly big button that says "get as a one time purchase", clicked that, followed a one click trail to this page:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/buy/

Note that prices are in pounds because I'm British and the MS site geotracked me to the UK. You will probably get your local currency.

So yes you can get it a single purchase old school style.

Generous Giver

You have options for both a one-time buy or a monthly/yearly fee. However, it looks like the tablet edition might be subscription-only.

Writer

Thanks, ladies.

I went in the store to confirm, and was told the tablet I'll buy comes with this software installed and I don't need to pay a subscription for this particular software.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces