9,750 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Jacob 100
fairy-phoenix
Red Eyes 1994
Yuki_Windira
London bridge is falling down...~hums song and cranks box~

Just curious, was that a Black Butler reference?
Yup it is.

Yay. Drossel Keinz was the first thing that came to mind when reading the article.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Can be Criminal if something happens to said girls. Hopefully it not that. It can be one way a person gift people especially lost the giver's child passed away and this is how they been filling their brokenness.

Divine Muse

How exactly do the dolls resemble the girls? They look like old fashioned clothing to me.

Regardless, it reminds me of that game "Mad Father" where the guy transfers the souls of young women into dolls.

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Creepy but sorta neat!

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Called it
Well, close enough, anyway. What I meant was there was nothing to worry about. And that turned out to be true.
Quote:
While the porcelain dolls to look much creepier than the wooden dolls, the entire situation is just quite unpleasant, and likely scarring for the little girls. But police now consider the matter closed.
they're just friggen dolls, geez.

So I gotta ask what was the actual issue here? Is it just because the style of doll is perceived as creepy? Would that be from people watching too many horror movies?
Do you actually think someone would announce that they were targeting a bunch of little girls with probably-expensive dolls? Criminals do not work that way. If they were being targeted there likely would have been something disgusting done to the dolls. And then it would've happened like one at a time, not all in one week without anything happening to the other girls.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
fairy-phoenix
crownvetch
the doll in the blue dress is super cute
I second that.

I third this. Adorable blue dress must be mine.
....that should be a Gaia item.

Kawaii Shoujo

My mother told me that the mystery has been solved, it turned out that an old woman who went to the same church as the eight families was cleaning out her porcelain doll collection, decided that she would each give one to the daughters of those families, and since she didn't leave a note did the mothers began panicking stating that the dolls looked like their kids.

Shy Fairy

19,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Timid 100
It was a sweet gesture, but I kind of don't blame the parents for freaking out a little once they saw dolls by their front door that resembled their daughters. I would have worried there was a ***** in the neighborhood if I had a daughter receive a doll out of nowhere.

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
fairy-phoenix
Red Eyes 1994
Yuki_Windira
London bridge is falling down...~hums song and cranks box~

Just curious, was that a Black Butler reference?
Yup it is.

This is what I heard in my head.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
A mali
Creepy.

Perpetrator needs a cool name. Dollstalker? Doll Man/Girl?

The Porcelain Porchfiend

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Guess it's a good thing no one dismembered them and hung the pieces like wind chimes from a branch since it was an old lady...
MemoriesOfGreen
I watched too much "Criminal Minds" to be okay with this. gonk

gonk The moment I saw the title I thought about criminal minds gonk I'v watched to much also.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
HowlWhiteWind
MemoriesOfGreen

gonk The moment I saw the title I thought about criminal minds gonk I'v watched to much also.

Did you see the episode where the mentally handicapped woman kidnapped other women and turned them into living dolls to replace her missing toy dolls?
MemoriesOfGreen
HowlWhiteWind
MemoriesOfGreen

Did you see the episode where the mentally handicapped woman kidnapped other women and turned them into living dolls to replace her missing toy dolls?

Yes gonk that's the one that stuck out when I saw this thread. I was seriously thinking "Oh god, it's that criminal minds episode all over again"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff