Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
In Search of an Ace Literary Editor

My name is Joe if you haven’t figured that out already. It’s nice to meet you. 3nodding I am a writer and aspiring full-fledged author, but for now, I write for Wattpad. What I am looking for is a reliable, trustworthy, semi-experienced editor. Not a professional of course. It’d be ace if you had a Wattpad account yourself. But if not, that is quite alright as well. I would like it to be long-term with no payment. I will of course edit anything you have as well, dedicate a few chapters to you when my friends are not the first to come to mind as well as read, vote, comment and add anything you may have on Wattpad. smile I have a few books, but my main focuses are my Mischfit Chronicles series and my JUDD series. Here are the descriptions of each;
Quote:
User ImageThe Mischfit Chronicles: Blood Moon is the first volume of this series, I’m not sure how long it might be but so far, I am only working on the fourth chapter. It is a Wattpad rating of R, there is (will be) sexual content (boyxboy, boyxgirl, girlxgirl and even polygamy), drug use, explicit language, Satanism (not… really but some might think so), Wicca, witchcraft, and pretty much any fantasy creature you can think of. The genre is Supernatural/Horror and the chapters are long, I strive for twenty pages on Word with a size twelve Ariel font.

Quote:
User ImageThe JUDD series (First volume finished, twenty chapters just needs editing) is my take on a good coming out story. The main character is gay, in the first one, he’s struggling with keeping his secret and with that, he does not get his powers… more info on the books “mythos” when we discuss. It’s pretty much a superhero book, Action/Teen fiction. The second book, JUDD II (working on chapter five) is him dealing with what people he knows thinks of him now, not all of it is bad of course, but this is not meant to be a fairytale so there are those characters who react negatively, of course. The page numbers very, I strive for ten but sometimes I go over which I see as a good thing, I don't think I've ever reached twenty pages. Its Wattpad rating is PG-13; Light sexual content (no explicitly sexual scenes), making out, flirting at the most, maybe some heavy making out… I don’t know about that yet. There is some drug use, but only weed and alcohol in JUDD II and maybe on, who knows, comedic nudity, explicit language… that’s about it on JUDD I think.

Mainly, what I am looking for is a good editor that can correct grammar, help with descriptions, beef up sentences, even if it means changing words or taking out the sentence entirely, of course some edits will have to be discussed first before deletion or heavy changes. Have confidence in your editing skills as I have confidence in my writing skills, everyone needs an editor though. I use Google Drive for editing, I do not trust sending my work off via e-mail, if you don’t know how to use Google Drive, I shall show you, and it’s easy to get the hang of. First step, you’ll need a Gmail/Google account. You may either PM me or reply to this, that is of course welcome. Thank you for taking the time to read this, those of you who did.

Toothsome Elder

ShadowWolfJoe
What I am looking for is a reliable, trustworthy, semi-experienced editor .... I would like it to be long-term with no payment.

I would like a unicorn, a glass of ice water, and a bridge.

You're looking for the services forum.

... But people who are good at things seldom offer them for free.

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
What I am looking for is a reliable, trustworthy, semi-experienced editor .... I would like it to be long-term with no payment.

Well... I'm hoping for semi-free... I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.

Feral Loiterer

JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

You should be for-warned that what you are asking for is short of a miracle.
You are asking for a lot of work and commitment for dirt cheap and anyone even mildly confident in their skills would offer them for more than that, and the people who do offer it for free are probably not someone you'd want editing you work. You might get lucky and find a bored professional who is willing to help you, but in reality thats probably not going to happen.

Also, even if you were willing to pay, you are asking for a lot of qualifications. Gaia isn't really the place for that, but even if it was, you'd be wanting to go to the services forum like the user above me suggested, rather than the writer's forum. You should really take a more serious look at Gaia's rules and forum regulations before posting if you want other people to take you seriously.

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

You are asking for a lot of work and commitment for dirt cheap and anyone even mildly confident in their skills would offer them for more than that, and the people who do offer it for free are probably not someone you'd want editing you work. You might get lucky and find a bored professional who is willing to help you, but in reality thats probably not going to happen.

Also, even if you were willing to pay, you are asking for a lot of qualifications. Gaia isn't really the place for that, but even if it was, you'd be wanting to go to the services forum like the user above me suggested, rather than the writer's forum. You should really take a more serious look at Gaia's rules and forum regulations before posting if you want other people to take you seriously.

I've posted it in Services before, and I was told to post it here. I've known a few who get free editors who are really good and their writing turns out amazing. I'm pretty sure how seriously I'm taken won't be effected by posting something having to do with writing and editing in a forum about writing. I've read the rules many times as well, this is not going against any rules.

Toothsome Elder

JohannFKNFaust
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

I've posted it in Services before, and I was told to post it here. I've known a few who get free editors who are really good and their writing turns out amazing. I'm pretty sure how seriously I'm taken won't be effected by posting something having to do with writing and editing in a forum about writing. I've read the rules many times as well, this is not going against any rules.
Go ask those people who "got free editors" if you can borrow theirs.

Feral Loiterer

JohannFKNFaust
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

A person's writing turning out well may or may not have anything to do with the editor. If you are expecting them to make your writing beautiful, you might be looking for the wrong thing. My understanding is that editors mostly find and fix spelling and grammatical errors and offer the occasional critique. They don't rehash anything....at least they shouldn't.

Anyway, I second what SoupDumpling suggested above me. If indeed you know someone who has found a miracle, track them down and see if you can borrow them.

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

A person's writing turning out well may or may not have anything to do with the editor. If you are expecting them to make your writing beautiful, you might be looking for the wrong thing. My understanding is that editors mostly find and fix spelling and grammatical errors and offer the occasional critique. They don't rehash anything....at least they shouldn't.

Anyway, I second what SoupDumpling suggested above me. If indeed you know someone who has found a miracle, track them down and see if you can borrow them.

My writing is perfectly fine, it just needs slight improvement, very slight, but still needed. Writers don't like to share their editors, f you were one you've understand that writers, all of them are a very stingy lot of people and your negative attitude toward me is completely unnecessary as this is doing nothing to hurt or effect your life so the fact that you're here is quite pointless.

Toothsome Elder

Quote:
Writers don't like to share their editors.

No.

Feral Loiterer

JohannFKNFaust
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
defineunique
JohannFKNFaust
Soup Dumpling
ShadowWolfJoe
Quote:

My writing is perfectly fine, it just needs slight improvement, very slight, but still needed. Writers don't like to share their editors, f you were one you've understand that writers, all of them are a very stingy lot of people and your negative attitude toward me is completely unnecessary as this is doing nothing to hurt or effect your life so the fact that you're here is quite pointless.

With all politeness, my stingy attitude is in your head. I'm offering my insight on editors to help you find one and to maybe direct you to a place where you'd fare better in your quest.

So yes you are right, writers don't like sharing their editors, but a free editor is likely to share the same services with other people. And this is Gaia, not the professional world, so even if they are writers they are still likely to direct you to an editor.

And for your information I am a writer. One who has been trying to help you and point you in the right direction. So in fact, your stingy attitude isn't helping you.

Good luck finding an editor, I truly do mean that with honest sincerity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff