Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I was in a crew today that unfortunately didn't go well with me. We entered a yellow room with big dog and down goes our tanks, no even 30 seconds in. I proceeded to leave the crew. I was then cussed at for calling her a bad tank. She told me it was my fault because I had not r4'd my buffs. I tried telling her that I had in fact buffed up my Iron to r4 and my Ghost to r1. My ghost was r1 because she told us to finish buffing in the next room. I'm pretty sure a tank that calls herself an expert should survive with a buff being at r1.

TLDR: I had a bad experience with a tank.

Any bad experiences of your own with tanks that either didn't know what they were doing or were just rude in general?

Katschi's King

Clockwork Bat

32,440 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Fornicaters
I was in a crew today that unfortunately didn't go well with me. We entered a yellow room with big dog and down goes our tanks, no even 30 seconds in. I proceeded to leave the crew. I was then cussed at for calling her a bad tank. She told me it was my fault because I had not r4'd my buffs. I tried telling her that I had in fact buffed up my Iron to r4 and my Ghost to r1. My ghost was r1 because she told us to finish buffing in the next room. I'm pretty sure a tank that calls herself an expert should survive with a buff being at r1.

Any bad experiences of your own with tanks that either didn't know what they were doing or were just rude in general?

LOLOLOLOL Her name suits her pretty well if you ask me xD

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
l--Clock--l
Fornicaters

I literally didn't know what to do, it was so trashy.

Friendly Friend

I am not on gaia a lot, and I have the issue where I am not very social online. So I will go on zomg to dms for a bit, and there are so many people who know each other. Just groups of friends everywhere. People pointing out blue dots, and shouting to their friends. Well this doesn't bother or effect me in the slightest...until I join a crew of 5 friends.
For some reason one of the worst experiences I ever had in zomg included a leader who was 'popular' and would just start a lot of drama. I have no idea what really happened, or what I did wrong, but she hated me and made everyone in the group hate me as well.
I had no idea of this until I tried to join her crew the next day, and no matter what I said she told me she would never crew with me ever again.

....?!??! Just because I am not one of your groupies? Sorry I am intruding in your tight group of best friends...

I can guarantee I am not the only one who feels like a loner on zomg.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
Archaic Lullabies
I am not on gaia a lot, and I have the issue where I am not very social online. So I will go on zomg to dms for a bit, and there are so many people who know each other. Just groups of friends everywhere. People pointing out blue dots, and shouting to their friends. Well this doesn't bother or effect me in the slightest...until I join a crew of 5 friends.
For some reason one of the worst experiences I ever had in zomg included a leader who was 'popular' and would just start a lot of drama. I have no idea what really happened, or what I did wrong, but she hated me and made everyone in the group hate me as well.
I had no idea of this until I tried to join her crew the next day, and no matter what I said she told me she would never crew with me ever again.

....?!??! Just because I am not one of your groupies? Sorry I am intruding in your tight group of best friends...

Yeah I get so uncomfortable when I'm in a crew like that, and it happens a lot. It's a bit weird also seeing everyone screaming out different usernames in Bill's Ranch and chatting it up while also excluding people that aren't friends with them from their crew.

Friendly Friend

Fornicaters
Yeah I get so uncomfortable when I'm in a crew like that, and it happens a lot. It's a bit weird also seeing everyone screaming out different usernames in Bill's Ranch and chatting it up while also excluding people that aren't friends with them from their crew.

Mhm, it happens so often nowadays. I always made sure not to do that, even if I was crewed with friends. Usually what happened was I would become friends with everyone in the crew xDD
Luckily the one crew I joined today didn't feel like that ^^

It makes me feel like I should come to the forums looking for a crew, but that doesn't really happen...
I want to dms, but not feel like I'm back in high school.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
How the hell do you die to Big Dog in under 30 seconds? Even a DPS'er with no heals/meat could easily kite a BD.

Back in the day, I was leading an smeb crew, and this one guy kept running ahead and yelling at the rest of the crew for not following him when he died. Somebody had to go when we hit the Robofish cave, so I suicided to get a sixth crew member. When he proceeded to flat-out insult one of the crew members, I took the opportunity to also find a replacement for him. He tried to start an argument with me on shout, but I didn't respond to anything I said; we got two crew members within a few minutes and finished the rest of the run smoothly.

Katschi's King

Clockwork Bat

32,440 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Fornicaters
l--Clock--l
Fornicaters

I literally didn't know what to do, it was so trashy.

If she is an expert, she wouldn't even say she is one. She has to show it, not say it. "Pro" Tanks don't brag, from what I have seen. They know they are good but don't rub it in other's faces. The moment the tank says they are really good, i expect them to fail. Because generally, they do.

Fuzzy Noob

10,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Archaic Lullabies

Same tbh like everyone knows everyone due to the small amount of people even remotely interested in zOMG and it gets p awkward. I know that feel. redface

Friendly Friend

XAngelic_MistX

Same tbh like everyone knows everyone due to the small amount of people even remotely interested in zOMG and it gets p awkward. I know that feel. redface

Yaaah, it's rough. I want to dms so bad...but I want to do so much more, like bl, crypt, and yah, just stuff like that. It's basically impossible if you don't have a bunch of friends.

iiNikki's Husband

Pure-hearted Bloodsucker

A tank should be able to adapt to such an easy situation quickly, ghost isn't the most important buff for YM (even at r1 there should be wiggle room) so there is no real reason to die to BD. To me it sounds like the tank just tried to blame you because they were a bit careless.

Peaceful Dabbler

9,725 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
******** yeah i've had bad experiences.
One time this tank was trying to be all pro and didn't bring meat. In each room she died and nulled. We all told her to bring it but she ignored us and continued being a shitty tanker. After the third room I obviously left.
In your situation, not having a buff cast should not have made her lose the bd or kill the crew, the tank was just shitty AND WHY DO YOU HAVE IRON GHOST rofl (if you have that assigned to you next time, its a very good reminder to leave the crew asap!)

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
[******** yeah i've had bad experiences.
One time this tank was trying to be all pro and didn't bring meat. In each room she died and nulled. We all told her to bring it but she ignored us and continued being a shitty tanker. After the third room I obviously left.
In your situation, not having a buff cast should not have made her lose the bd or kill the crew, the tank was just shitty AND WHY DO YOU HAVE IRON GHOST rofl (if you have that assigned to you next time, its a very good reminder to leave the crew asap!)I've learned my lesson gonk

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Fornicaters

This person was clearly not experienced or even well informed enough to tank. The tank almost always carried Iron, and that's something you need to notice too, because if you see that the tank is passing iron off to someone else, it's kind of an indication that they might not really know what they are doing.... 3nodding

But I personally wouldn't have just quit in the middle of the run, because that's kind of unfair to the other people in the crew.

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
My worst tanking experience - Probably would have to be the one time I tried to do it. xd .... I was doing ok for the entrance room, and then the second room was Neffy in the toilet. I panicked, couldn't reset him, and told everyone to come in anyway... And we all died. I swore never to tank again...

sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces