Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Quote:
A fast-acting 3-year-old came to an elderly man’s rescue in Tennessee after he spotted the man trapped inside a hot car as temperatures inside the vehicle reached over 120 degrees.

While waiting for his wife to come back from an event at the Vestal Baptist Church in Knoxville last Saturday, Bob King, 68, found himself trapped in his car after the doors automatically locked.

“We’ve been having trouble with the door on this car since we bought it,” King told ABC News.

After numerous cancer treatments and having suffered from two strokes in the past six months, Bob King was described as “in very bad shape” and “could barely see anything” by his wife, Jenny King.

He frantically grabbed the car door, but was too weak to push it open. King panicked.

Without a car key, he couldn’t turn the air conditioning on. It was 91 degrees outside that day -- and the temperature inside the car had reached over 120 degrees.

That’s when King spotted 3-year-old Keith Williams walking past the car. King knocked on the car window repeatedly and Keith stopped.

“I hollered at him and he just looked at me kind of funny and I said ‘Get help, get help,’” King said.

Coincidentally, Keith’s mother, Jessie Williams, had educated him about hot car safety just days before this happened. The toddler, who was barely three feet tall, was not strong enough to open the car door by himself. So he ran over to Pastor Jack Greene, who was volunteering at the benefit event, to get help.

“I was talking to someone and little Keith came behind me and kept saying, ‘Locked, locked, locked,” Greene told ABC News.

Greene didn’t sense something was wrong, but then Keith started patting and pulling his hand, and kept saying “hot, hot.”

“I told the gentleman: ‘Excuse me for a minute’ and I followed him [Keith] out,” Greene said.

“When I saw Bob in the car, I said to myself: “Oh my Lord,’” Greene said.

After a few tries, Greene finally opened the door. As soon as the door opened, King fell out of the car seat and almost hit his head on the pavement.

“His whole body was raining sweat. His face was red like a pickled beet,” Greene said.

“I asked him three times: ‘Are you OK Bob?’” Greene said.

Scared that King would get a stroke, Greene asked if he needed an ambulance.

“Just give me a minute,” King told Greene.

Greene brought King inside the church where there was air conditioning, fed him water and fanned him until King looked better.

King said he would have had waited for another 20 minutes before his wife came back, and he is thankful that Keith, or “little preacher” as Greene lovingly called him, came to his rescue.

“I am very impressed and I’m proud that he would know what to do,” Keith’s mother, Jessie Williams told ABC News.

“He [Keith] said: ‘I saved life’ after I brought Bob inside,” Green said. “He is such a good kid. He is an inspiration and blessing to us."

Source

Wonder if they're going to get that problematic car door fixed now so it doesn't happen again.

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
All I can say is thank god, the kid was around at the right time.

recklingturtle's Husband

Tiny Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Millionaire 200
I wonder if it's a factory defect- guy could sue.

and seeing things like this gives me hope for the future generations. maybe they won't be lil' shits, like what I've been seeing in my public schooling experience

Kawaii Shoujo

BeanieBaggie

and seeing things like this gives me hope for the future generations. maybe they won't be lil' shits, like what I've been seeing in my public schooling experience
If it is than that guy will most likely win, and I must agree with the latter... since these days kids are acting out BIG time and no one be it parent or teacher is doing anything to correct their behavior.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
fairy-phoenix
BeanieBaggie

If it is than that guy will most likely win, and I must agree with the latter... since these days kids are acting out BIG time and no one be it parent or teacher is doing anything to correct their behavior.

That's a gross generalization, don't you think? confused There are plenty of kids who don't act out and parents/teachers out there who correct children's bad behaviors.

Kawaii Shoujo

Teabo Milk Tea
fairy-phoenix
BeanieBaggie

That's a gross generalization, don't you think? confused There are plenty of kids who don't act out and parents/teachers out there who correct children's bad behaviors.
I know it is a rather gross generalization, but it seems all you here on the news these days is about kids vandalizing property, severely attacking others, bringing firearms to school, and even plans to murder their fellow classmates stare .

recklingturtle's Husband

Tiny Explorer

8,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Millionaire 200
Teabo Milk Tea
fairy-phoenix
BeanieBaggie

Listen, in my "0 tolerance" schooling, I was bullied from 1st grade to 7th, and was pushed to self harm and suicidal actions by ruthless kids and adults who didnt give a ********. There are kids who werent lucky enough to have a gramma that cared, and end up dying from the bullying they get. I've seen a bunch of my bullies being shits infront of their parents at events- noone stopped them or pulled em aside. it was always "boys will be boys" or "theyre just kidding". Hell, for an example of how little the teachers believed me, one of my past ones joined in the name calling-bullies were calling me "sabrini the weenie" and just ******** mocking me with it. The teacher thought it was a nickname and called me by that.

Even as a junior in highschool, in another "0 tolerance" school, I see kids getting harassed in the halls, and horrid things being said- not only sexist, homophobic and racist s**t, but stuff that is just.. no one would say it. Not even ******** daniel tosh or seth green- sometimes in-front of security, or adults- and no one stops them. or does anything. but god be damned if you have long legs, and you're following the dress code. The adults will make you put on sweats on a hot day because you're "distracting the boys". and this is from a ******** top 10 school in my state.

I don't think it is a "gross generalization". If a school that is supposed to represent some of the best in the state is like this, it is too damn much- And, I know other schools are much worse.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
BeanieBaggie
Teabo Milk Tea
fairy-phoenix
BeanieBaggie

Listen, in my "0 tolerance" schooling, I was bullied from 1st grade to 7th, and was pushed to self harm and suicidal actions by ruthless kids and adults who didnt give a ********. There are kids who werent lucky enough to have a gramma that cared, and end up dying from the bullying they get. I've seen a bunch of my bullies being shits infront of their parents at events- noone stopped them or pulled em aside. it was always "boys will be boys" or "theyre just kidding". Hell, for an example of how little the teachers believed me, one of my past ones joined in the name calling-bullies were calling me "sabrini the weenie" and just ******** mocking me with it. The teacher thought it was a nickname and called me by that.

Even as a junior in highschool, in another "0 tolerance" school, I see kids getting harassed in the halls, and horrid things being said- not only sexist, homophobic and racist s**t, but stuff that is just.. no one would say it. Not even ******** daniel tosh or seth green- sometimes in-front of security, or adults- and no one stops them. or does anything. but god be damned if you have long legs, and you're following the dress code. The adults will make you put on sweats on a hot day because you're "distracting the boys". and this is from a ******** top 10 school in my state.

I don't think it is a "gross generalization". If a school that is supposed to represent some of the best in the state is like this, it is too damn much- And, I know other schools are much worse.

Well I'm sorry that you were bullied and that teachers at your schools were useless, and even I was bullied myself in 5th-6th grade with kids throwing incredibly racist comments at me (I'm Asian, you can guess what the typical racist comments were), throwing basketballs and soccer balls at my head, and insulting me whenever they could. However, that doesn't mean all schools with a zero tolerance policy are like that, or that all kids are horrible. So yes, it is a gross generalization if you think it's the norm for all schools to have that level of bullying or for teachers/parents to not care. When I moved to a different elementary school during the second half of 6th grade, due to my mom relocating for her job, I no longer experienced bullying. I went from an elementary school where no one cared if you were bullied and the only advice given was "ignore them" to a school where the teachers actually cared, and this went on up until I graduated high school. Now that I think about it, I find it funny how the elementary school I moved to after the bullying incident is in one of the top school districts in my state, while the elementary school where I experienced bullying was one of those underperforming schools.

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
This boys vocabulary seems small. My Great Nephew is saying sentences to paragraph and he's barely 2. At least the video show him talk more.

Winter ChiIIs's Spouse

Lupine Wolf

11,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
Good job on the kid

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Teabo Milk Tea
Wonder if they're going to get that problematic car door fixed now so it doesn't happen again.

Well, it sounds like the problem really isn't the door lock.
"He frantically grabbed the car door, but was too weak to push it open."

Lock problems or not why would his wife leave her ailing husband in the car in 90 degree weather with the windows rolled up? If the windows were down this would not have been a near medical emergency.

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
how about we leave nobody in a hot car . not baby ,not a dog, and certainly not old people now.

Dapper Lunatic

13,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
Wait... who was supervising this kid? If he had to 'run and get someone', he clearly wasn't being watched. Isn't 3 years old a little young to be that independent? :S if someone was with him, the old man could've gotten help faster.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff