Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Ever since Marketplace Outfits came out, I never really looked at it at all. Today out of boredom, I decided to check out what kind of outfits people have been putting up for sale. I noticed that almost all of the outfits seem way overpriced according to the items I see on them. In most cases, it seemed like they were priced 2-3x as much as it would cost to just go buy the items individually - based on my quick estimations and the info on the Maketplace Average when you click on an outfit. I'm sure some of those averages are wrong due to huge fluxuations on the MP, and perhaps there is a valuable item you can't quite see on the avatar, but some of them are most definitely overpriced.

So I was wondering, how many of you actually use this feature? Do you sell outfits, do you buy them? What do you think of the prices of outfits currently listed, do they seem like they are right? Do you think something should be done about outfits priced way higher than the value of the items included? Is overpricing an outfit something that should be considered a scam?

EDIT: I ask if overpricing should be something that is more moderated or considered a scam since its a little too easy to overlook the actual value of the items involved on the outfit as it is now. In my head, I just picture people buying these things and then realizing it was a mistake, much the same way people mistakenly misprice items - it is their own fault of course, but maybe the item list should also include the LMP ( or store gold value for items from the gold shops ) and a sum of those prices right on the list.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I don't use it at all for that very reason. People over price a lot of the stuff. But I'm glad they include item lists now xD

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Why buy something somebody else has designed when you can design something yourself?

Seems lazy to us.

Magic Spirit

I use the outfit marketplace all the time, but I never actually buy the outfit. with the abundance of items these days I normally forget about a lot of them, or forget certain poses exist. when I go on the outfit marketplace it's easy to be like "hey! I like that item" then I buy it from the mp. it kinda sucks for the person selling the outfit but half the time I already have 90% of the items on there anyway and I'm not really interested in buying someone else's idea.

I'm like, half asleep so I'm not sure any of my reply made sense.

Valiant Jackling

They usually are overpriced but, to be fair, it did take time to come up with them.

Yeah, some are really stupid and don't look like they took much effort but say I was selling the outfit I had on now, I don't see why it's wrong to tack on an additional fee for my time and creativity to make it. If you don't want to pay the surcharge, then it's within your right to go buy the items one by one yourself.

dancing_ice's Fangirl

I used to sell outfits comprised of fail rig items before. I haven't bought one tho.^^
It was one way of getting rid of hard to sell items, 'bundle' it in a group. smile

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
A lot of people make "outfits" by equipping every pose of an item. It's lazy. But when I find an outfit or a pose I like, I do check into it. But no. I don't buy or sell outfits.

Stellar Succubus

I think I design my own outfits nicely enough for my taste at least ^_^

I'd use it to bulk buy or sell probably, but not to buy actual outfits really.

Though I'd like to try it once... XD

Magic Cleric

12,300 Points
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
i used to always browse the marketplace outfits to see if i could pick up items in bulk. I managed to get the spirited 2k9 "green"no idea what its called hhh set and the spirited 2k9 snowflake set IN FULL for about 20k each
too bad they are all usually overpriced nowadays
main reason why i stopped

Tiny Shapeshifter

I didn't care much about the outfit MP at first, but lately, I've been using it as a way to dump my extras, especially ones I have many duplicates of.

You see, rather than selling duplicates one at a time, or list multiples of them at the same time, you're likely going to deal with undercutting wars or not have your items sell at all. Instead of doing that, you can just sell them in bulk via outfits MP. Have the outfit be made up of a "set" or "multiple sets" first, and then price the outfit slightly lower than ABP value too. Someone is bound to buy it, I'm sure (based from my experience), and this option is 10x faster than if I were to sell un-desire-able items one by one.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I check it every now and then, because sometimes you can catch a really expensive item lumped in with everything else, so the end deal is pretty impressive. But that's quite rare these days. Normally I just look to check item lists and then buy the individual items off the MP.

Shirtless Fatcat

AterAliquis
Why buy something somebody else has designed when you can design something yourself?

Seems lazy to us.

s gold generators show us, there are always people who take the easy way out,
they've devoted an entire subforum to people looking for others to make them outfits, maybe some find it just easier to buy them all at once,

Space Witch

37,750 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
VVhip
I think I design my own outfits nicely enough for my taste at least ^_^

I'd use it to bulk buy or sell probably, but not to buy actual outfits really.

Though I'd like to try it once... XD

Oh wow I think you design them nicely as well! I love your current avi.

I think the people here mentioning using it to browse nice poses for items have the right idea. I don't think I would ever buy an outfit from there even if if was priced fairly. Most of them aren't much to shake a stick at. One person is even selling a full set of a gold shop out with with a hair from lost boy for like a billion or some s**t.

Sorry I can't reply to every single person I'd like to at the moment, I'm on my iPad so it's a bit hard to coordinate multiple replies but I am definitely reading into everyone's outlook :3

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm too attached to some of the things I design for me to sell them. Most of my avatars revolve around my character and what I think she'd wear or how she'd look so I don't want to sell that off.

I hardly ever ask people to tektek me though on occasion, I will be amused to see what people can come up with while they play in my inventory. I never use the tekteks they make, but sometimes I do take bits and pieces of it for inspiration such as things they used or combos I never thought of.

I have bought just a few outfits because I happened to catch deals for specific items lumped in with the rest. I usually just dumped the rest into the DD if it was an item I had no interest or gained in selling.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
It's an easy way to sell multiple items. I have several in there now, for some of the less expensive items I have. I have several Lidless and Leviathan items up for alchemist looking to make the items that require multiple of the item. I haven't sold any outfits yet but that's what I'm doing with it. I don't think posting a "look" would sell well, BUT I could reasonably do it to sell sailor senshi cosplays, I suppose. (I run a guide for sailor moon items).

Edit: Hooray! One of my outfits just sold. 14mil more for my quest and for the sink!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff