Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Bookworm

Events that are run by fellow Gaians tend to be one of my favorite things about this site! Sometimes, they wind up being just as much fun (if not more so) than the official events! Many Gaians spend a lot of time and gold to host events for others. It's such a kind thing to do!

This week is Spirit Week! It's been ongoing since 2008. The idea is to dress your avatar according to certain themes. The themes change daily. More information can be found here. This is one of my favorite community run events! I spent tonight planning several of my outfits.

Have you participated in any community run events? If so, did you enjoy yourself? Which ones have been your favorites? Are you going to dress up for Spirit Week?

Stubborn Gifter

*looks at the Spirit Week theme*

... You know, I think I'll participate for the Spirit Week. Of course, for the Clutter Day, I kinda need Masquerade so I can dress up as an old woman. That way, I can start waving my cane around, telling those bunch of whippersnappers to get off my lawn full of my junks. >>;

EDIT: For those curious what are the themes for Spirit Week. July 13th - July 20th

Shameless Streaker

It actually looks like a lot of fun 3nodding I may try participating, even though I avi will look damn-terrible on the 15th lol I couldn't make a nice clutter avi if my life depended on it xd

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i've never heard of spirit week ;o
but i hope you have fun
user-run events are things i mainly see occurring during events
things like the heartbreak cafe and masquerade balls during prom season etc.
there was that week where people went nude for............some reason
i've kinda forgotten but i think it was important....
i also like the nyx and gaia support threads here in gcd; they're kinda like user-run events because theres spying and plotting and discussion etc. etc.
all in all, user-made events are pretty gosh darned rad

Fashionable Vampire

Have you participated in any community run events?
Unsure.

If so, did you enjoy yourself?
I forget, but not quite so much.

Which ones have been your favorites?
N/A

Are you going to dress up for Spirit Week?
Nope. Not taking part.

Wheezing Bookworm

I think one of the other events that really touched me was when VO's dad passed and we all wore daffodils in support. I think that event was one of the most widespread I have seen too. I believe it was 2006.

Buggy Punk

Jisen Meizuki
*looks at the Spirit Week theme*

... You know, I think I'll participate for the Spirit Week. Of course, for the Clutter Day, I kinda need Masquerade so I can dress up as an old woman. That way, I can start waving my cane around, telling those bunch of whippersnappers to get off my lawn full of my junks. >>;

EDIT: For those curious what are the themes for Spirit Week. July 13th - July 20th
I really like the themes this year. yum_puddi So of course I can't figure out what to do for any of them lol.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Slumbering Tengu

Spirit Week is probably the one user made event that I actively look forward to
User created events are fun but when they include dressing up it's even better
usually I'm too shy to go in and talk to people, you know, participate
so if I can participate without needing to post I have even more fun

I had some fun though during the Heartbreak Cafe too
admittedly I enjoyed it more before it became swamped with people
after that happened it was hard to talk with people as your posts
were swept away in mindless bumps and dice rolls

I just subscribed to the spirit week thread
all the themes look fun!

Alien Sweetheart

I LUUURVE user events. I try to go to them when people have them but sometimes I miss them. emo

Mwuahahaha, I am TOTALLY cooking up something right now.... ninja

Wheezing Bookworm

Pengaana
all the themes look fun!

I am so glad that you are going to participate and I can't wait to see what you come up with! I totally understand the shyness. It took me YEARS before I would post much on Gaia except to the people that I new IRL. Then they all left and I hung around, so I had to force myself to "get out there."

Meushi
I LUUURVE user events. I try to go to them when people have them but sometimes I miss them. emo

I can't wait until the details can be made public! And if you need a hand, I'd love to help! But if you need the secrecy I also understand and will totally butt out (like Twinkle the Space Goat).

Alien Sweetheart

Brenzie
Pengaana
all the themes look fun!

I am so glad that you are going to participate and I can't wait to see what you come up with! I totally understand the shyness. It took me YEARS before I would post much on Gaia except to the people that I new IRL. Then they all left and I hung around, so I had to force myself to "get out there."

Meushi

I can't wait until the details can be made public! And if you need a hand, I'd love to help! But if you need the secrecy I also understand and will totally butt out (like Twinkle the Space Goat).

LOL Thank you, it'll be an open event so I'd love to see you there when it's done LOL

Slumbering Tengu

Brenzie
I've been known to pop in meet-ups when I remember them
I guess that's another thing that's fun about spirit week
you can just show up for the group pictures if you want to
no matter how big it gets it's always just as fun seeing what people make

I still have some screenshots back from some odd years back
they had a Pokemon day; I went to a legendary meet-up as Shaymin
and then a separate meet-up for Eeveelutions as Vaporeon
Then last spirit week Pokemon day I dressed up as Emmet (one of the subway twins) from B/W

Honestly any excuse to play with the items in my inventory is a good excuse

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
While I don't think I'll be able to dress up for all the days, I have very good ideas for the ones I can do haha. I really hope that NPC or Kawaii wins for unknown day. emotion_bigheart

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
I've participated in a few user run events before. They're hit or miss, but then, ALL events are. Even the s**t sanctioned by Gaia. So, y'know, can't let a bad apple spoil the bunch.

Hell, I even plan on participating in Spirit Week now that you mention it. Any excuse for me to dress up in themes is something I'm instantly on board with, being the item whore that I am. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff