Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I went to see Transformers: Age of extinction yesterday and to me it was a nice and action packed movie, showing that Bay can actually make a decent Transformers movie. But what I simply can't accept is his habit of changing the names of some of the bots because I could have sworn that the black n blue one was in fact Prowl but he changed the name to Drift. I really wish Bay would stop doing that. Anywho, what was your impression of this movie?

Valiant Jackling

Eh. Every continuity depicts the characters different. Prowls was a samurai in Animated, but deftly was NOT in G1.

Drift. from what I can remember in his dedicated comic, was a turn coat. He went from 'Con to 'Bot after discovering a sense of honor and chivalry within those Cybertronians who claimed neutrality as their side (and left Cybertron to live in peace).

Maybe your thinking of Bludgeon? He kinda always had a Samurai armor type appearance

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Erailea
Eh. Every continuity depicts the characters different. Prowls was a samurai in Animated, but deftly was NOT in G1.

Drift. from what I can remember in his dedicated comic, was a turn coat. He went from 'Con to 'Bot after discovering a sense of honor and chivalry within those Cybertronians who claimed neutrality as their side (and felt Cybertron to live in peace).

Maybe your thinking of Bludgeon? He kinda always had a Samurai armor type appearance

Yeah, you're right about that. I remember reading that he was a patrol car of some sort in G1.

Valiant Jackling

xSahri
Erailea

Drift. from what I can remember in his dedicated comic, was a turn coat. He went from 'Con to 'Bot after discovering a sense of honor and chivalry within those Cybertronians who claimed neutrality as their side (and felt Cybertron to live in peace).

Yeah, you're right about that. I remember reading that he was a patrol car of some sort in G1.

yep wink

Robotic Exhibitionist

You know, I was just talking with my SO about how they never put Prowl in the movies. Any reason for that or am I just not remembering something right? I never got too into Bayverse.

I highly recommend the IDW comics and picking up Complete Drift if you want to know more about him though. He's one of my favorite characters.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Erailea
xSahri
Erailea

yep wink

Did Drift always come with a samurai outfit or did they copy Prowl's outfit a bit from Animated? It wouldn't be the first time that Bay changes the Bots' designs. And the reason I thought it was Prowl was because him and Bee didn't always got along with eachother, just like Prowl and Bee in Animated.

Robotic Exhibitionist

xSahri
Did Drift always come with a samurai outfit or did they copy Prowl's outfit a bit from Animated? It wouldn't be the first time that Bay changes the Bots' designs. And the reason I thought it was Prowl was because him and Bee didn't always got along with eachother, just like Prowl and Bee in Animated.

Drift is the bot in my signature, so the movie design (which I dislike) is new for him. I'm pretty sure the movie design was inspired by traditional Samurai, like Animated Prowl's.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Bampot
xSahri

Drift is the bot in my signature, so the movie design (which I dislike) is new for him. I'm pretty sure the movie design was inspired by traditional Samurai, like Animated Prowl's.

He looks pretty rad surprised

Robotic Exhibitionist

xSahri
He looks pretty rad surprised

He is pretty rad. Despite everything, I'm pretty happy that he's in the movie. I really wasn't expecting him to be a main character outside of the comics.

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
All of them are so interchangeable I can't tell who is who in those movies, besides Optimus and Bumblebee.

Robotic Exhibitionist

Mix Master Maha
All of them are so interchangeable I can't tell who is who in those movies, besides Optimus and Bumblebee.

Have you seen the new one? It's way easier to tell them apart.

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bampot
Mix Master Maha

No, I gave up after Dark of the Moon. Grimlock and the Dinobots have me curious but I'm still iffy on going to see it.

Robotic Exhibitionist

Mix Master Maha
Bampot
Mix Master Maha

No, I gave up after Dark of the Moon. Grimlock and the Dinobots have me curious but I'm still iffy on going to see it.

It's a lot better than the last two, take my word for it. But don't get too hyped up for the Dinobots. They only show up for 10 minutes at the end.

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bampot
Mix Master Maha
Bampot
Mix Master Maha

It's a lot better than the last two, take my word for it. But don't get too hyped up for the Dinobots. They only show up for 10 minutes at the end.

So is it to make room for another sequel? Are they actually the Dinobots or just purely robot dinosaurs?

Robotic Exhibitionist

Mix Master Maha
So is it to make room for another sequel? Are they actually the Dinobots or just purely robot dinosaurs?

Yeah, I think they're planning on doing a separate trilogy with these. They're Dinobots. They have a different origin than all the other continuities, but they do transform.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff