Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you still buy GC?

Yep. 0.33812949640288 33.8% [ 94 ]
Nope. 0.41007194244604 41.0% [ 114 ]
Only once in a while; <$10 in the last month 0.25179856115108 25.2% [ 70 ]
Total Votes:[ 278 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Smitten Lover

DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR BASHING GC USERS. DO NOT ATTACK GC USERS THAT POST IN THIS THREAD

After a lot of controversy surrounding the changes to the TOS, the summer sales, inflation, etc., I want to poll the population of Gaia to see who is still buying cash. I see that a lot of people are officially refusing to buy it any longer, but obviously Gaia is still making money.

GC users, you don't have to post if you're worried about being flamed, just please vote in the poll. But if you do post, please tell us why you're continuing to buy GC, and also if you buy Gold Generators or not.

EDIT WITH NEW FOLLOW-UP QUESTION:
A common sentiment I've read in this thread is that it's practically impossible to get ahead in the MP without Gaia Cash. Most users who say this also follow that up by acknowledging that this is what Gaia wants: they want the only way for you to be able to do well on this site is to buy GC. If that is the case, why do you still buy Gaia Cash? If a majority of users refused to buy GC for a long time [not even permanently!], it could affect the way Gaia is marketed towards us users.

Man-Hungry Bear

I'm a proud club verge member
I buy it when I can afford to do so. But darn it, by the time I do, the cash items I want are gone.

Mewling Kitten

hushla
I've always wondered how that worked. Is it like another Loyal's where everything costs gold, but you can only access to if you have enough GCash purchased?

Buggy Punk

I came back from hiatus and immediately dropped 5 bucks during the sale because I ******** love the Briar Rose dresses. lol Impulse control, what's that

Man-Hungry Bear

Darlingchann
hushla
I've always wondered how that worked. Is it like another Loyal's where everything costs gold, but you can only access to if you have enough GCash purchased?
everything costs g cash in club verge and you have to at least spend $100 dollars on gaia a year to get in

Anxious Bookworm

I've slacked off on purchasing Gaia Cash since they stopped releasing deflation RIGs. I used to spend quite a bit on those things. It's...embarrassing really. sweatdrop

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

`.Sometimes I wonder if they might intentionally be forcing rarity by selling super-nice items right when most everyone is maxed out on their GC spending for whichever month.

We just had that humongous Summer Sale, but they've been relentless with Quality items regardless.
My first reaction was "How is anyone supposed to afford this?"
And then I realized... what if the whole idea is that most of us aren't supposed to?

//Conspiracy Hat.

Crumbly Codger

I really want to just to keep up with some of the new awesome items (for example: why the hell is Tough Talker ALREADY 17bil?! Who has that kind of gold?). Buuuuut even if I had that spare cash, Gaia is shoving all of the GC stuff down our throats so much that I'm being spiteful and not buying anymore. Childishly spiteful.

For now, getting things sloooowly through the offers.

Buggy Punk

AIbino Bat
they stopped releasing RIGs.
Whaaaat, when did that happen? .__.

Shy Receiver

I still buy GC. I mainly buy items that I like and/or want.

Crumbly Codger

AIbino Bat
I've slacked off on purchasing Gaia Cash since they stopped releasing RIGs. I used to spend quite a bit on those things. It's...embarrassing really. sweatdrop

Hold the phone, there's no more RIGs? Didn't they just do one for June?

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Mereluna
AIbino Bat
they stopped releasing RIGs.
Whaaaat, when did that happen? .__.

They still have the monthly RIG, but they used to have item/gold generators. You pick either item, or gold or choose a surprise. They had names like Spot On, Crystal Ball, Formal and Royal Invitation etc. And the projects where you could win a special ticket also used to have the option of either pure gold or items.

Kawaii Trash

I have a small addiction when it comes to buying GC. Though I refused to buy GG's so it's
made it easier with the scarcity of RIG's in the shop. Of course I still buy items from the shop
when they catch my eye. This past month alone I've spent more money then I care to admit
on limited edition items but I'm going to try to pull back this month until they make more GG's
choice RIG's instead, especially with the project bundles.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I buy once in a while

but

gaia has to make something interesting for me to drop spare cash

I don't buy because majority of items released look all the same

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers