Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Quote:
Please note that this will be the last GCash discount we'll be offering for a while, as we will be limiting this feature for special occasions only!

Special occasions..... as in?
Every holiday??

TGIF?
Every random goldsink you make?
Site events no one really wants?

What else?

I don't believe that a measly 15% off is the LAST DISCOUNT 5EVA.

Can you be more clear as to what is a "Special Occasion" please?

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
How do they go from constant cash sales for three months + spamming people's inboxes with them for a week straight to... nothing?

It's like they're crack addled or something.

Stone-cold Loiterer

Special occasions = when they haven't filled the quota yet. lol
Considering it was literally all of a week ago that it was the "last chance to nab Gaia Cash at a discount for a while!" I can only conclude that "a while" = one week.

But hey, maybe they'll surprise me and I'll get to look forward to less flash sale announcements.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Adnama Lavode
How do they go from constant cash sales for three months + spamming people's inboxes with them for a week straight to... nothing?

It's like they're crack addled or something

SO THAT'S WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING!

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Remember the "we won't be offering any more discounts for $25 and under"? Neither do they.

impostor cat's Waifu

Tricky Heart

27,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Adnama Lavode

they're doing it to spite us for complaining about so many sales, IMO

Thirteenth Rogue

Every day is a special, of course. wink

Dapper Noob

Oh, they'll keep spamming up with 5% off deals, because those aren't REALLY a discount as far as anyone is concerned.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Adnama Lavode

Think of it this way. They were planning for 2 things the gold sink and the summer sale in the same week. It's obvious that people would be shelling out cash for the gold gens for the sink and then would yet again shell out cash for these supposed exclusive sale items and bundles. So my guess is they will be back once the sink event ends.

Hallowed Phantom

I was going to post about this, and then I saw this thread. XD Yeah, I don't believe them either.
Sounds more like an attempt to get people to impulse buy since they don't know when they'll get a chance again.
Either way, I don't believe it. rolleyes

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

I'm kinda happy about that
it'll stop me from spending so much money lol

if they stick to what they're saying of course is entirely another story

Magical Noob

Even if "special occasions" and "a while" mean about a week between each GCash sale,
I think it's an improvement from the spam that has been. Not that I'll be buying until they get their stuff together.

I still wish they'd come forth with an apology for the PM part of said spam, though...

However, it's ridiculous to make an announcement about how sales are going to be special occasions only.
That should be a given, considering how it's actually illegal to have something constantly on sale (as it's not really a sale then)...
Who knows, maybe they got a warning somewhere... I wish.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
faerie graveyard
Adnama Lavode

they're doing it to spite us for complaining about so many sales, IMO

i love how doing sth people asked for, i.e. don't make so many gc cash sales all the time, they're not special anymore, so gaia moves them to 'special occasions' now equals spiting and punishing us

how dare they like, be sensible and save sales for special occasions

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces