12,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Takarashi
User Image
User Image

Gᴜɪɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇ Aᴍᴀʀʏʟʟɪs Bʟᴀᴋᴇᴡᴏᴏᴅ
                                    Tʜᴇ Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ Sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴᴇʀ & Iɴᴋ Mᴀɴɪᴘᴜʟᴀᴛɪɴɢ Fᴀɪʀʏ

It was, rather quiet so to say with the cool air and the sun beating down softly. Though it was a little bit too quiet, yes she heard every now and again the soft chirping of birds. It was just the fact, was she really the first one there? She half hoped it was so because she wanted to read for a while longer. The Mana scroll had so much information about the spirits and it always fascinated her. However it was the fainted thought the other half hoped that she wasn't. She didn't like the idea of loneliness, yes she quite liked being alone but feeling it was terrible. For her whole life always had someone by her side. When she was young it was always one of the spirits and then later on it was Ouranos. Though at the moment where she never lifted her gaze from the faintly shimmering scroll, is where she felt faint loneliness. Her fingers shivered slightly at the thought of it, maybe she made a mistake where she wasn't sociable. She couldn't ever tolerate the thought of mistakes like that.

Then Guinevere's ears picked up on the soft squeak of the gates opening. She glanced up for only a second to witness a figure of a blonde male walking through. These amethyst eyes quickly looked down once more where they reread the symbols on the scroll. Her ears however listened to the soft sounds of the boy's feet going across the cobblestone walkway along with his little trolley. Then the sound quieted. 'He's gone inside. I wonder what got him sent here. I hope he enjoys himself here.' Her pale lips mused into a small smile as she focused once more on the scroll. So far, she could only summon one of the spirits. She mostly summoned the Mana Spirit, Shade for his supportive skill of "Invisibility" which got her out of tight pinches. The purple-golden locks swayed and framed her face as she listened to the silence. The subtle sounds of tweeting and the sound of the old mansion breathing in and out, releasing creaks and squeaks. It was amazing how such an old mansion still breathed so much life. 'Oh the ways of the headmistress... She is a witch if I recall correctly. Very skilled to keep everything alive.'

Then after a long while it happened again. The sound of pitter and patter, where the creaks cried warning to her delicate ears. 'Was he out again? Do not mind him, he's here for school. He must be looking around, Goddess that would be smart. However I have today and tomorrow to examine and learn my surroundings.' The amused smile played down to a straight line which showed how focused she was. Yes, focused. On the faint sounds around her and trying to decide on how to move. Too late though, here he was now. He had cleared his throat before questioning her quietly if she was a student as well. Ever so carefully she laid one end of the scroll on her lap to brush her hair behind her ear. She smiled kindly and said, "Salutations. Yes I am actually, I'm rather glad I'm not the only soul here." A pale hand was outstretched to him now as she tilted her head to the side. "Greetings to you fellow royal. I'm Miss Guinevere of the Blakewood family. Yourself might I ask?"

▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇
                                    my spirits & my ouranos
                                    location-- company-- ooc--

"Speaking" #F4D044
                                    'Thoughts' #D75252

Lightbringer

11animefan

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Glave Orion Carson, at your service."

[[Location: Outside, on the school grounds. | Company: Her Highness Princess Guinevere.]]

____Glave's face brightened a little upon learning of the lady to be a student as well. Though would have been content to meet an instructor as well, he would likely spend most of his time in company with the other learners. And the sooner he did that, the easier it would be to get along with them. So he hoped, anyway. She sounded to be pleasant, and at least glad for company.

When the woman stretched out her hand, Glave's wasn't instinctively certain of what he was supposed to do. Did he shake it, or kiss the back, as was the trend of old nobility? Even if it was a sign of grace and respect of sorts, he wasn't much of a fan of the latter. Not to mention, that seemed like something that someone of lower ranking did to try and appeal to a higher up. They were supposed to be equal, right? The reasoning was solid enough in his head, so he reached his own hand out to grip and shake it. "Nice to meet you..." Glave paused. What was he supposed to address her as? "Princess Guinevere. I'm Gl- er, Prince Glave Carson, of Gallanen."

Glave paused once more. Now what? What do people normally talk about? He had received only some tutelage about conversational etiquette. He usually only spoke to his family, workers, and spirits, and there weren't really any rules to follow with them. Ah, but what did it matter? He would learn by doing, or as some might say, winging it. He glanced at the scroll in her lap. "Oh, what're you reading? It looks pretty."

MewMewMocha's Princess

Devoted Muse

12,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Takarashi
User Image
User Image

To say the least she was taking extreme observation of things. She just knew how to hide it with a kind smile. She noted that this boy had hesitated when she had outstretched her hand. She mused to herself, 'Was he afraid? No it couldn't be that, if anything perhaps he was just wondering. As students here we're supposed to be seen as equals. It was a question of what to do, I probably would have done the same. Maybe, not really I don't think.' It was a little bit funny seeing him try to work things out in his head. Her lips curved into a more delighted smile as they shook hands. She nodded to him quietly as he introduced himself, it was rather... What was the word, cute? The little stutter and reprocessing of what to do, it was cute to her but she was sure that if the roles had been switched. Oh goodness she would break down quite a bit on the inside. The fairy couldn't hold it in any longer and gave out a soft giggle, she tried her best to stifle it but it was much too hard.

"Oh please forgive me for laughing! I couldn't really help myself. I must have confused you! If I did I do apologize, I just really have the tendency to talk proper almost all the time." Guinevere pulled her hand away from his to cover her mouth, to finally silence such a rude laugh. She cleared her throat before she could finally speak again with ease, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Prince Glave. Though... I do recall that once here it's better to treat each other as equals yes? If anything call me... Gwen, it's much easier don't you agree? If you'd like I can do the same for you." it was a truly sincere offer from her. As overly proper and uptight she sounded, she didn't really mean to. She had built herself up like this to become the image of the queen her father desired to raise, 'Perhaps,' she thought idly to herself. 'if my powers bloomed on time then I wouldn't have become the way I am. Even the spirits have said that I've changed quite a bit since I was a child...'

Miss Blakewood couldn't really help but think of the past. About how perfectly childish she was back then and now, comparing the two time frames. It almost made her shiver to know that the difference between then and now was so drastic. However thankfully Glave's voice took her out of her trance. Oh, he was asking about the scroll. It was a routine she knew, people asked and she answered their questions. "Oh this. This is part of my studies to enhance my abilities. This is specifically for summoning the Mana Spirits, so far I can only summon one at a time. Pity isn't it?" the girl shifted to the side to make more room for the fellow. Silently she patted the seat beside her and rolled the scroll up a bit to make sure it wasn't in the way for him to sit. "if it's alright that I ask, what brings you here?"

my spirits & my ouranos
                                    location-- company-- ooc--

"Speaking" #F4D044
                                    'Thoughts' #D75252

Lightbringer

11animefan

User Image

[[Location: Outside, on the school grounds. | Company: Her Highness Princess Guinevere.]]

____Admittedly, Glave was a little bit confused. Did he do something funny, or wrong? Even if he did, it seemed like she was being good-natured about it. He put on a somewhat awkward smile of his own. Once she explained it to him, though, it started to make sense. He supposed his lack of formal speech training would make him stand out amongst the royalty who were more sociable and worldly. But what could he do? It wasn't really his fault that he had been locked up in a castle for most of his life, and saw a new face maybe once every few months. That aside, though, it sounded like she was content to toss away the formalities as well. He let out a small breath in relief. If everyone else would be like that, this would be a lot easier. "I'd like that a lot. Glave is fine for me."

He listened intently as she talked about the scroll, and about what she was capable of. He had known that the other students would have some manner of abilities, but the idea was still so mysterious and fascinating to him. Even having had a supernatural sense all his life, Gwen's talk of summoning Mana Spirits sounded far more like something out of a fantasy book. And if there was anything he liked, it was something extraordinary. "That's better than me. The only thing I can summon is a servant when something breaks." He replied in a lighthearted tone.

At her invitation to take a seat, Glave thanked her and did so. He rested an elbow on the arm of the bench, and laid one of his legs across the other, choosing the one that would have his foot pointing away from her, just in case he bumped her and got dirt on her clothes. He had a slight tendency to wiggle his foot in this position. "I came out here because I didn't want to get stuck in four walls and roof again right away. I didn't get to go out much when I lived at home, so I want to be outside as much as I can. Oh, or did you mean why did I come to Veneficus? I'm able to speak with spirits. Er, not your kind, I think, I mean like people or creatures. My parents thought I was just pretending for a long time, but a few weeks ago I helped a man and his deceased daughter forgive each other in front of them. They finally believed me and figured it was time I did something more with my life than sit around the castle all day. So... where are you from? And what's it like?"
User Image

ANTHER GLRIOUS DAY,
THE AIR AS DELICIUS THE LUNGS,
AS NECTAR THE TNGUE

i▇

What were clouds? Were they little pieces of a place called heaven. Pieces of a place so perfect as to make these wonderful examples of sculpture? The Savants of Jingzua would argue passionately that they were nothing more than water molecules. The Savants would argue that there was nothing miraculous nor magical about them. How wrong they were to judge so quickly that which they had so little experience brushing against or surfing upon. How wrong they were to judge so quickly that which could take on a number of transformations and forms. How pittied the minds of those with out imagination were by people of freedom, of wonder and a desire for exploration. From here high among the clouds one surely achieved a different perspective of these heavenly objects. Light skinned hands brushed up against the fluffy objects even though they couldn't be truly felt touching back. The sun shone mildly on his back as he flew blissfully in this lofty place, bluish green eyes speaking tales of happiness and freedom. Damante looked down below him at the many clouds, some in noticeable shapes and others in forms that seemed to only belong in a dream. Often times flight did feel like a blissful dream for the light skinned male. The freedom flight provided had ways of setting the soul and mind free, liberating it to new heights.

The blue hued eyes were lifted along with the head they were set in to look forward. Upon seeing no object to cause concern Damante smiled and closed his eyes, his body beginning to fall. He fell through an innumerable amount of cloud towers and bodies, each one feeling cool and refreshing. His breathing remained even and steady on his tripped down from the lofty heights. Exhilaration filled him as he finally opened his eyes to see tree tops coming ever closer and the clouds that he enjoyed release him from their grasp. Damante looked and observed the surrounding areas of this upside down world. In the distance he could see a vividly blue lake, the lake that surely imbued in its observers a feeling of liquid cool. Right next to the body of water was the object he came for. Upon seeing the four story building the still plummeting male let out an excited laugh. Three previous years had he come to the boarding school and all the years had been memorable in the most positive of ways. How excited was he to get one final opportunity to produce a year of merrymeant and growth. A pair of green and blue eyes appeared in the darkness of his mind. These were eyes that could wipe the smile from his face with their oppressive gazes. No, they weren't relevant right now. With a easy shake of the head they were gone, a smile returned and the feeling of excitement.

Peering down to see the tree tops far closer than they should have been the male quickly flipped in the air so his feet and palms were pointed towards the ground. With a concentrated gaze he continued to plummet to the earth. The tops of the trees swayed and their leaves blew softly at first and then hard as Damante approached. The sound of rushing air could be heard pouring from his palms and feet as they stayed ever pointed downward. Eventually he came in for a soft landing atop a large tree, his strong hands and feet became well secure on branches. From this perch he looked all around in a circle as memory both good and dull came back. No bad events came. That was something he thought a luxury as he always had after returning from his home of Jingzua, a place where many bad memories blossomed to his attention. He enjoyed the luxury, enjoyed this sanctuary that was provided to all attending the boarding school of Veneficus. Damante disappeared into the sea of green below with a graceful jump from the tree he had landed on, disappearing from all observing eyes.

Quite some time had passed when the male appeared again from a tree line. He walked out onto the cobbled stoned road that he knew would lead straight to Veneficus. A few minutes had passed of walking and finally the gates came into view. The lake below reflected bits of sunlight up on the gate and buildings, giving it a almost glowing look. Damante smiled at this observation. He now neared the gates and as such they did their usual routine of beginning to creak open. Damante couldn't wait for the gates to open, he never could. In one instant he was on the entering side, then gone completely from sight, and finally he reappeared from seemingly nowhere on the school grounds. The light breeze picked up to a quick gust of wind as Damante seemingly teleported onto the school grounds.

As he made his way towards the large double doors that would've provided him entry to the school Damante could hear faint talking. He turned to observed the familiar yet refreshing environment and could see two bodies moving slightly in the distance. A blonde male and a red hair female, they both looked considerably younger than his self. The male could only reason they were quite new to the grounds of this place. His eyes glanced back at the building he was going to enter only moments ago as he backed away, reasoning all matters he needed to handle were light enough to be placed on hold. Similar to the event at the gates Damante disappeared from all visible sight and the speed of the wind picked up considerably.

"Welcome to Veneficus. I hope you enjoy your time here." The disembodied voice would have reached their ears surely enough though it would sound like every bit of it running over and repeating its self. That was the nature of words when in this form. Shortly after speaking Damante faded back into sight in front of the two with his hands behind his back. He smiled at the two of them and waited a response. For only a moment his eyes glanced at the shimmering scroll the female had. The item was surely one of interest.
                                                  11aimefan
                                                  Takarashi

Made by 11aimefan Made by 11animefan
-- : Location | School Grounds. Very close to entrance gate
-- : Company | Gᴜɪɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇ | Glave
-- : OoC | Hello all !
"Speaking" #00CED1
'Thinking' #00D075

MewMewMocha's Princess

Devoted Muse

12,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Novice Mage 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
Shape-Shifter of Muir
Takarashi
User Image
User Image

"Glave it is then," Guinevere said the to blonde boy sweetly. Although it was rather nice so far, she was having a conversation with someone! Well, someone that wasn't a specific feathered dragon. She rested her eyes on the scroll for a brief second before she heard his reply. It brought a smile to her face and made her giggle a bit. She had a bit of humor thankfully or else it would've gotten awkward. She watched as the boy took the seat beside her and propped himself up in a fashion that was comfortable for him. For her it was "criss-cross applesauce" but that was very ladylike really, so she was more suited in the proper fashion. The girl listened very thoughtfully, not hunching over for a second and kept her back straight so it was more proper. She had gotten used to making herself look sophisticated and mature, plenty of people believed she had dyed her hair with goldenrod yellow. That wasn't really the case, she was born with it but not like people believed it so it was better to have a sophisticated air instead of explaining herself to them.

Although it was like she wasn't like she wasn't listening to Glave, that wasn't the case. She found it rather fascinating to be precise. He spoke with spirits of the soul sort. Those that haven't moved on pass this resent life into the next, or so she believed. "Is that so? Rather unfortunate that they didn't believe you for such a long time. At my home or castle I suppose I was outside often, it was better than staying inside. I studied often though...." She thought in a spiteful manner, 'Rather than be watched under the eyes of a man that is my father that assumes that I am unfit because of a slight abnormality of my late blooming!' Though such spitefulness, she tried not to let it show on her face. Although it was apparent that her grip on the scroll had become obviously tighter. Then his voice rang in her ears again, taking her back and loosening her grip. "Myself? Oh it's.. Well it was rather free to an extent till one receives their powers in the royal family where I reside from. Then it's important to begin your studies once you do. To be fairly honest this wasn't the skill I bloomed with. More so passed down to me."

This skill of summoning Mana Spirits you see, is only because she's able to read the scroll. Although, if she thought back she came to a slow realization that perhaps she was one of the few that could read it. She recalled seeing her mother read it before she had... well before she had her end. So it was passed down to her for her use now. Guards would peer over her shoulder while she studied from the multicolored scroll and ended up scrunching up their faces in confusion. 'Maybe it is a skill..' the girl thought idly. She puckered her lips a bit before she dazedly replied with, "Either way it's a pleasant place. Happy sort." The wind blew around them though it was no surprise since it was September, fall will be coming before they knew it. However it was what her ears picked up that was rather peculiar. It was a welcome to the academy. When she tired to locate the source of the echoing voice it took some time until she had found it. A boy. "O-Oh. Greetings and salutations fellow student. Thank you for your welcome, it was rather... shall I say surprising to say the least." She breathed out a laugh as she tilted her head, "Might I ask you name?"

my spirits & my ouranos
                                    locationGarden companyGlave&Damante ooc--

"Speaking" #F4D044
                                    'Thoughts' #D75252

Lightbringer

Shape-Shifter of Muir

11animefan

User Image

[[Location: Outside, on the school grounds. | Company: Princess Guinevere, Prince Damante ]]

____As was his habit, Glave began to bob his foot in a slow manner. He did not know if could be referred to as a twitch or some such thing, but he did it unconsciously. Perhaps it was Gwen's talk of how she seemingly had her freedom taken from her when her ability came into fruition that spurred the sign of restlessness. The boy had always thought himself to be a somewhat unlucky case, given that he lived in a dangerous place, but was it the fate of almost all sons and daughters of royalty that they would have duty thrust upon them? Did being born to a crown simply mean a gilded prison? "Why do so many people desire nobility? Don't they know how horrible it is?" He thought.

Glave realized that he, too, had allowed his mind to wander. He blinked once and his senses seemed to return to normal, at least in time to catch the end of her description. "I see." He responded simply. It would be wise to avoid drifting while talking to someone, he thought, as it was likely quite rude. Thankfully, there was a small break in the conversation to draw his attention from those thoughts in the form of a new arrival. A man, perhaps close to Gwen's age in appearance, had seemed to appear as if from nowhere. Even though they had been immersed in conversation, it was impressive that neither himself nor Gwen had noticed him before. For that matter, what if this individual was an instructor? He thought it best not to chance it, and thus Glave rose from his seat to offer a courteous bow. "Thank you for your welcoming. It's a pleasure and honor to be here." That sounded formal, right?
User Image

ANTHER GLRIOUS DAY,
THE AIR AS DELICIUS THE LUNGS,
AS NECTAR THE TNGUE

i▇

Introductions, what pretty little lies and made up distractions they were. The nobility (no matter the nation) was sure to have the nicest and most dazzling introductions with their long titles, achievements, and other unneeded garbage. Interesting things to note was that these noble people, these people who lead the world, were the most clever, cunning, and devilish people there were. To say the wise man or woman disregarded the introduction, or the formal introduction rather, was a true statement. Damante knew full well he was an intelligent person. The immortal hadn't known he was intelligent because he showered himself with such praise but because of life experiences of people praising his intelligence. His parents had noted several times the males ability to strategize a defense, it was about the only attention they'd give him. Whatever the introduction looked like from these two Damante would be sure to give it little credence.

The red/yellow hair female was the first to speak up to the suddenly appearing Immortal. Damante took a observation of her whitening knuckle around the scroll she held. The item was clearly a special one to her but in what way Damante could not gleam just yet. Arkurixsu shook his head slightly to each side as she went through the usual thank yous. Surely it was most likely the pretty little lessons in etiquette which taught her to say it, even when she didn't mean it. Damante thought that surely the thank you wasn't heart felt and as such he paid it little attention. He smile at her comment of his surprising appearance. Ahh yes! The air was a surprisingly invisible and quick traveling thing. Damante smiled at her for the observation. Suddenly the blonde haired male rose and bowed as he spoke pleasures and what a honor it was being here. If someone could observe quickly enough they would've saw Damante's upper lip into a slight sneer at this.

This blonde male was certainly a noble taught to have a certain appearance, greeting, and probably even way of speech probably. In Damante's eyes he already had no depth. The Immortal turned his head back to the female and started to speak, his voice quite deep. "My name is slightly irrelevant. Call me A." Damante had some serious trust issues and as such kept information close to say the least. "But where are my manners! You are both first years here correct?"
                                                  11aimefan
                                                  Takarashi

Made by 11aimefan Made by 11animefan
-- : Location | School Grounds. Very close to entrance gate
-- : Company | Gᴜɪɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴇ | Glave
-- : OoC | Good morning all !
"Speaking" #00CED1
'Thinking' #00D075

Otherworldly Gatekeeper

16,965 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Ӓlexander sel Ќyrios

User Image
profile: @ ___ ﹥﹥ location: dorm room > dorm hallway ___ ﹥﹥﹥ with: no-one

_____For some incoming students, attendance at Veneficus may well have been a relief, a freedom from rules and strictures that they found all too restricting. For Alexander, however, Veneficus might as well have been a hostile land, and he could not help considering himself as a hostage for the goodwill of the world. Both of his parents had insisted that their children receive their schooling within the Empire, for if they didn't, how would they ever become men worthy of serving the Empire itself? But they had finally given in to the diplomatic pressures of co-existing with the rest of the world, and so Alexander found himself in one room of many, steadfastly ignoring the view out of the fourth-floor windows as he unpacked his relatively-few necessities, hewing instinctively to his side of the room. That the side opposite him still stood empty made no difference; at some point, he'd been told, his roommate would arrive, and Alexander didn't want to bother moving anything once that moment came. Truth be told, he wasn't interested in bothering with a roommate at all, but as Alexander knew that he had little choice, he intended to make things as painless for himself as possible.

_____"Remember, Alex," his brother had said, taking time from his perpetually-overfilled schedule to see Alexander off to school. "You aren't just there as an average student, no matter what they might say; you're going to the Academy as a representative of Imperial Eidenn. Clasping his younger brother on the shoulder with a smile, Demetrius had given Alexander a reassuring smile. "I have faith in you, little brother. After all, you're a Prince of Kyrios, aren't you?"

Yes, Alexander supposed that he was. That being the case, he had resolved to make his tenure at the famed international campus pass as quickly as possible... if that were possible... and had wasted no time unpacking upon his arrival. It had been strange to arrive with the escort that usually accompanied the Second Prince, but he had traveled relatively light; had he remained in Eidenn, Alexander would have been continuing his training as a military officer, and as such, most of his possessions had been removed. In Eidenn, even an officer could rarely count on luxuries in the field... and, as most people with any grasp of international politics could tell you, there was rarely a year when Eidenn wasn't waging war, and successfully, at that.

_____'Just look at this as though it were another test,' Alexander told himself, closing the last drawer on the sharply-creased clothing, simple yet obviously worthy of royalty in their cut and make. 'It's just another kind of war. Keep your eyes open, and your guard up, and give no-one the advantage.' Such went the mantra of the House of Kyrios, and Alexander had no intention of doing otherwise, regardless of the casual setting and explicit refutation of rank that Veneficus espoused.

______Sensing, perhaps, her charge's suppressed unease, the strange figure at Alexander's side brushed the tip of one phantasmal wing against his cheek. Alexander smiled, if you could call the flicker that crossed his face a smile, but he couldn't help feeling a slight sense of relief; at least he still had Atropos, and beyond the comfort of her protection, the Time Spirit's presence was reassuringly familiar. Many might have found the sight of the being unnerving, to say the least, and it was likely for the best that only those who could see into the spirit-realm could witness Atropos' form when the being was at rest, but Alexander had grown up with the strange creature as his guardian and considered it as fondly as one might a childhood toy.

_____From behind finely-made bars of enamel and gold came the irritated caw of a bird of prey, and Alex hastened to open it, reaching in and allowing the snow-white hawk to perch on his arm as he withdrew the gyrfalcon from its cage. "Yes, yes, go and explore," Alexander said, stroking the falcon's feathery crest as he crossed the bare floor. "Be careful." The falcon bobbed its head as though it understood, and Alexander set it out through the dorm room's open window, the large avian flapping its wings as it took to the air above the manor's grounds. Alexander watched Rime dip and dive into the distance, and regarded his spartan quarters with a look of resignation before he decided that he might as well do something useful with his free time. With Atropos trailing idly behind him, undetectable and unseen, Alexander left his dorm looking barely-furnished and headed out into the hall.

rince of Ѐidenn

Desirable Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
User ImageUser Image
                                          SO LETSSAY I⋯❛AM NOTWHO I SAY I A˟M,
                                          toffeerenthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?toff× × ×toffthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?
                                          t
                                          t···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···
                                          B.ECAUSEWHENYOURailHEART* BREAKS
                                          tfi n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l etoffeereni n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l e
                                          tfi n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l etoffeereni n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l e

t*WILL!YOU³ BE ABLE TOPICKTHEM UPNE BY ˟NE

She wanted to go home.

The moment she stepped off the space ark, there was a wave of dread that washed over the Axion, invading her thoughts and making her paralyzed. It was too late to turn back now, the ship had already left after checking that Aeryn had everything, and she didn’t want to bother the coordinators by telling them to turn around and pick her up before she even stepped on school grounds. Plus, that would mean her breaking the deal, a scolding from her parents, and a month’s time wasted. None of those sounded like nice consequences for returning so early, and so, reluctantly, the freshman began to walk towards the large, imposing mansion, thankful for the shade the trees gave against the blinding sun.

Earth wasn’t ugly, in fact, it was a rather beautiful planet—but a different kind of beautiful. Where she came from was dark, covered with translucent stones that glowed dimly with the planet’s core. Earth, on the other hand, was brimming with life. It was so vastly different from Axiom that it made half of Aeryn wish to retreat and half excited to be in such an unfamiliar place, the world around her dancing with bright colors, making Aeryn’s eyes squint a little bit (Axiom was a darker kind of planet, and since her race could see more kind of rays than humans, you can bet it made the blonde a bit dizzy) as she looked around. A sky with a shade of blue, dotted with collections and puffs of water vapors (clouds, they were called in English), trees and plants nearly everywhere she looked, and the sound of bird chirps invading her ears. All in all, it looked just as her parents described it, give or take a few details that Aeryn was willing to add to her knowledge of the strange planet.

Well, she was willing, until she tripped on absolutely nothing and landed flat on her face. It was bound to happen sooner or later, anyway, but Aeryn wasn’t expecting herself to fall so fast. After years of tripping and falling excessively, you would have thought she might have gained some reflexes to prevent injuries or at least soften the fall, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case for the female. On Axiom, the gravity there was relatively weak, and so falling wasn’t too big of a problem. But here, the gravity was… strange. It pulled at you without a second thought, bring you down—though at least it didn’t feel like an oppressing weight.

As she stood back up and dusted herself off, grabbing her shoulder bag once more, the blonde realized the doors to the academy came quicker than she would have thought, considering how slow her pace was earlier. It should have been something to be happy about, it meant she didn’t somehow get lost on the way here—but all it gave her was that same previous feeling of dread. Who knew what kind of beings were behind these wooden doors, and how long she’d be here? Her parents claimed that she’d be back once the year was over, for a break, but then she’d come back as soon as another year began, surrounded by other people who were probably stronger than her and every way possible—

She was irritated.

But even so, the liveliness of Earth was rather intriguing. Beings mingled with other creatures, not kept in solitude like her planet. It was rather refreshing, actually, and from opening the doors, the freshman couldn’t help but blink at the interior design. It reminded her of the older times that Earth had gone through (what was it called? The Victorian Era?). She would have expected it to look like the time the planet was in already, with gadgets (not as advanced as Axion technology, but still) and all that jazz, but nothing was always that predictable.

Upon entering, a lady greeted her with a smile and waved to her, her hand making a motion that meant ‘come here’. Assuming the desk she sat behind and how she dressed, Aeryn thought she was probably someone in charge of entering present students in a database, or some kind of office staff. She wasn’t quite sure, but this was a school, and so it was likely. Going with the order, the “fifteen” year old made her way over, aquamarine eyes staring blankly at the woman.

“Welcome,” she said, and Aeryn’s brain had to work in order to understand. Right, English. Convert to the English language. “What is your name?”

“...Aeryn,” the said girl replied, and she could see the lady’s smile fall slightly. Did she do something wrong? She said her name, right?

“Yes, your highness, but I mean your full name,”

Oh.

“Aeryn Ilse Laeyius,” she replied, cheeks flooding with heat as she realized her mistake. “…I a-apologize.”

That was how you say sorry, right?

The secretary simply smiled before rummaging through a box and pulled out a small metal object. ‘A key,’ Aeryn thought, grasping the cool object and taking it from the woman’s hands. “Thank you,” she said, putting her hands and tilting them to the left while lowering her head briefly. The blonde girl wasn’t sure if she’d know what it’d mean, as back on Axiom it was a sign of appreciation. Nevertheless, the lady quickly dismissed her with another welcome and directions to her room, and soon Aeryn was left to her own devices.

psy⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ { TIMESKIP } ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                                              psychokineticlovepsyto about ten minutes later

After unpacking and claiming the bed closest to the window for herself (so she could see the stars at night), the “fifteen” year old decided to explore the academy. Earlier, she had seen a small group chatting with each other, consisting of two men and one girl with ombre hair, but she wasn’t exactly ready to meet others yet and headed out. To others, she may have seemed like someone who greeted people, for she was standing by the entrance of the school.

Maybe she should go visit that lake nearby.

*a bit awkward?ey*school entraceey*no oneey*attire is full body picture on leftey*not proofread, sorry

Lightbringer

User Image
"I'm Charlotte! Oh, you meant someone else, erm..."

[Location: The Ballroom | Company: None ]

____Charlotte took a moment to observe her work after she finished mopping the floor of the grand ballroom. The thin layer of water gave the already glossy floors an even more brilliant shine. As she slowly glanced around, her eyes eventually fell to her own reflection. Her appearance had not particularly changed since her late teens, and thus it felt a bit odd to think that she was now 24. She would sometimes be mistaken by newcomers as a student, which she, admittedly, found quite flattering. Not as a testament to her youthful appearance, but because those future leaders of countries, even for a brief moment, would look upon her as a true equal. To a certain extent, at least.

She exhaled, shook her head, and gave the hint of a smile to herself as she pushed those daydreams from her mind. Royalty simply did not flow in her blood. She fancied the idea from time to time, but as she tried to lose herself in the fantasy, the memories of her time working within a noble house shook her from her daze. High society was not as magnificent as it was made out to be in her eyes. Even with its own form of hardships, she was glad to live the life she had been given. Simplicity and a caring family was all she needed.

The floor dried quickly enough, and once more it had its proper, presentable cleanliness. Charlotte set her mop and bucket on her cleaning trolly, then headed for the door to see what other tasks had to be finished before the new students settled in.

Canny Bookworm

9,775 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
    User Image

╔════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  xxфяρђ϶ʊʂ Ѧℯɖɐɳ яσωʆℯɤ
                                                                                  ╚════════════════════════╝
                                                                                  Profile

ℒ: Entrance ℭ: Aeryn & Sep ѺѺҪ:Fixed it ^^

Orpheus sighed good-naturedly as his mother rushed around his bedroom, packing last-minute items he probably wouldn't need into his luggage; Estelle caught his eye from across the room and rolled hers, twirling a lock of curly red hair around her finger in a not-so-subtle gesture of, "she's insane." Stifling a grin the dark-haired teen stepped forward and grasped her hands, gently tugging the heavy winter jacket from her grasp.

"Mother, please, I've been packed for a week now," he said, voice soft. The queen sighed and nodded, squeezing his hands. "Besides, it's my last year--I thought you would be excited."

"That means nothing, you know; I will still fret just as much as if it were your first year all over again. But," Elizabeth sighed and ran a hand over her hair, tucking stray, greying auburn strands back into place, "I suppose you have a point. Well then, get your things together, it's time to send you off." With a nod towards his bags the queen left, a few servants entering the room to take then away. Estelle glanced over at Orpheus, biting her lower lip before rushing over, throwing her arms around his middle.

"I'll miss you, Phe," she mumbled into his chest, the childhood nickname used only in private making Orpheus grin.

"I'll be back before you know it, Stell, you'll see--and it's my last year, so I won't need to leave anymore. I can chase off suitors like a good big brother," he teased, hugging her tightly for a moment before gently easing out of her grasp. "C'mon, let's go downstairs so I can say goodbye to Father." The two walked to the entrance hall hand-in-hand, chatting and making plans to write the other--plans that were made since his first year and never deviated, but still comforting to reaffirm. They stopped before the king and queen, Estelle moving to stand beside her parents as Orpheus gave them each a lingering hug and promised to write as soon as he was settled. Goodbyes out of the way, Orpheus called to his large hound and best friend, Septimas; he came trotting over, ears perked up and eager to begin the trip. With one last look towards his home Orpheus gave a small wave before setting off for the school.

׺°”˜`”°º× ׺°”˜`”°º×

It wasn't a particularly long journey and, having made it three times before, Orpheus held no interest in the scenery; if he truly wished, he could simply close his eyes and recreate it perfectly from memory. Instead, he pulled out a book on genetics and soon lost himself in the science.

Upon arriving at the school Orpheus was greeted by the same woman who had been seeing to the students for years. She smiled widely as Septimas bound over, scratching him behind the ears. "Lovely to see you again, Mr Crowley; I trust your journey was pleasant?" she asked with a gentle smile.

"Y-yes, it was...fine. I had a new book," he held it up awkwardly so she could see the title; with a small nod she glanced down at the paper in her hands.

"Always such a smart boy," she replied fondly. "You're in dorm five, dear, in the East Wing; I'll leave you to get settled, alright?" With a reassuring squeeze to his shoulder she left Orpheus to bring his things to the room; barely glancing around he claimed the bed by the window, the better to see the stars, and decided to bring Septimas out to the lake to roam around.

"Come on, Sep, I know you like to run around--let's go to the lake, eh?" The dog's tail wagged gleefully at the prospect and the two made their way to the entrance hall. Orpheus stopped when he caught sight of a blonde girl standing by the doors. "Well, maybe this is the year I'll make a friend..." he muttered before taking a deep breath and walking forwards. "H-hello, I'm Orpheus...Orpheus Crowley." He held out a gloved hand, inwardly cursing his awkwardness.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxSleep, sugar, let your dreams flood inxxxx
xxxxLike waves of sweet fire, you're safe withinxxx
xxxSleep, sweetie, let your floods come rushing inxx
xxxxxAnd carry you over to a new morning
xxxx

╚════════════════════════════════╝

toffeeren

Desirable Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
User ImageUser Image
                                          SO LETSSAY I⋯❛AM NOTWHO I SAY I A˟M,
                                          toffeerenthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?toff× × ×toffthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?
                                          t
                                          t···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···
                                          B.ECAUSEWHENYOURailHEART* BREAKS

t*WILL!YOU³ BE ABLE TOPICKTHEM UPNE BY ˟NE

So far, today wasn’t that bad.

The receptionist seemed nice enough, though that didn’t guarantee anything about the rest of the people here—be it staff, or student. However, considering that everyone here was royalty, or had connection with some sort of royalty, Aeryn assumed that they must have been taught manners at some point or another. At least, she hoped so. She really wasn’t too sure when it came to Earth and their cultures, but from what she had gone through so far it couldn’t be as bad as she thought, or what the books said. Seeing the planet Earth was far better than looking through holograms and stimulations back where she came from. Actually being here, you could breathe the air, talk to the people, feel the ground, and listen to the breeze through the tree branches. The “fifteen” year old wanted to do so many things, but for now, she relished in the feeling of sunlight on her face, something she didn’t get to have back on Axiom.

Lost in thought, Aeryn nearly didn’t notice another student making his way over, a canine padding alongside him as he began to speak, if not slightly hesitant. At this, the blonde was pulled back to reality as she snapped her head towards the raven haired male, her eyes that were multiple shades of blue blinking owlishly. He was holding out his hand. He was holding out his hand for her. Right. Realizing she was staring, the Axion sputtered and blushed slightly before raising an opposite hand (just as awkwardly as he did, if not more) and grasping his lightly, smiling softly.

“Hi!” she said, maybe a bit too enthusiastic. She really needed to get used to this, she was doing a horrible job. “Hello, um, Or… Orpheus,” Aeryn didn’t quiet catch his name, mostly because she was lost within daydreaming land. Hopefully she didn’t butcher the pronunciation, that would be been a bad first impression. Ah, but wasn’t everyone here royalty, the letter had said? She couldn’t call him on a first name basis yet, that would be strange. That made it even more of a bad start. “Er, Prince Orpheus! S-sorry… I’m Aeryn Laeyius,” Aeryn smiled gently again, tilting her head to the side as she glanced up at Orpheus. He was a good few inches taller than her, and physically looked older as well. He also didn’t look nearly as lost as she did; perhaps he had been here before? It would be the only logical reason, unless he was just good at hiding emotions and such. That would have made some sense too.

Averting her attention from his face for a brief moment, she finally took a look at the (rather large) dog next to him, and for a moment she just started. But in the blink of an eye Aeryn’s smile grew a bit larger and she knelt down, level with the dog. It was a real one, not like some Axion just shifting into the said animal for transformation needs. Half of her wanted to just wrap her hands around the canine and cuddle it (or as much as she could cuddle it, it was, as stated, pretty big), but that would be kind of embarrassing, especially right in front of its owner. And for all she knew it could attack her right then and there if it wasn’t friendly.

But that didn’t enter Aeryn’s mind at the moment.

“Puppy!”

A beat.

“Aaahh!” she exclaimed, standing back up and shaking her head. “No, no, sorry, not a puppy, a grown dog,” Aeryn let out an awkward chuckle before looking at Orpheus. “Is he—or she—yours? What is its name?”

*excited (?)ey*entranceey*orpheusey*attire is pic on leftey*so sorry for the delay, arya

AryaElric

Lightbringer

User Image

[[Location: Outside, on the school grounds. | Company: No one.]]

____"Yes! I just arrived here a few minutes ago." Glave piped up. The young man held his polite demeanor as he stood up straight once more, but he lived long enough and been in the presence of enough aristoracry to know when someone treated him a lesser manner. Not out of ill intent, per say, but because everything within the royal court seemed to revolve around superiority in some fashion; money, land, military, anything that could be used a measurement. All the same, Glave wasn't fond of it, and though Gwen seemed nice enough, he didn't particularly want to get caught up in that sort of mess so early into his arrival. The boy pardoned himself with the implication of seeking the restroom, then departed.

After entering the academy once more and waiting for a few minutes to pass by, Glave found another way that would allow him to exit unseen. He could have played it safe and simply returned to his dormitory, but he really wanted to make the most of his time outdoors. He found a path and, not having much else to do, he decided to follow it. The short walk took him to the lake that bordered Veneficus, but, unbeknownst to him, a fair distance away from another pair of students. For the moment, it was just the water, the wind, the youth, and his thoughts.

((i r good at short filler posts.))

Canny Bookworm

9,775 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
    User Image

╔════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  xxфяρђ϶ʊʂ Ѧℯɖɐɳ яσωʆℯɤ
                                                                                  ╚════════════════════════╝
                                                                                  Profile

ℒ: Entrance ℭ: Aeryn & Sep ѺѺҪ: He's so awkward, omg

I think I may have startled her... Orpheus thought, watching as the blonde's head suddenly turned to him. She stared at his outstretched hand; the seraph blushed and was about to pull it back when she seemed to realise her staring and shook it. He returned her smile shyly, thinking that her blushing was honestly rather adorable.

"Hi!" Her enthusiasm was surprising to Orpheus--he'd never thought someone other than Estelle would greet him so warmly, especially someone he'd just met. "Hello, um, Or… Orpheus. Er, Prince Orpheus! S-sorry," she corrected quickly. Oh, that's right...etiquette exists. "I’m Aeryn Laeyius," she introduced with another soft smile, one that the dark-haired prince realise he could quickly get used to seeing. Aeryn stared up at him for a long moment, Orpheus shifting under the unusual amount of scrutiny, before turning her attention to the dog at his side. The blonde jumped slightly and Orpheus held his breath; Septimas, being so large, tended to frighten a good many people, and he desperately hoped she wouldn't be afraid of him. His prayers, it seemed, were answered as she smiled brilliantly and knelt down to Sep's level.

"Puppy!" She said enthusiastically, and paused a moment. "Aaahh! No, no, sorry, not a puppy, a grown dog." Orpheus held back a chuckle at this intriguing girl's words; he didn't want to offend her at all. Perhaps English isn't even her first language; you don't want her to think you're a d**k right off, now do you? he scowled inwardly. Come on, Crowley, you could actually make a friend here. Don't blow it. Aeryn spoke again and Orpheus had to think a moment to recall her words.

"This is Septimas, and he's not so much m-mine as I am his," he said with a smile, kneeling down beside the great beast of a dog. Septimas leaned into his side, giving a low whine. Chuckling Orpheus scratched at his ears and looked back to Aeryn, warmth evident in his dark brown eyes. "You ca-can pet him or something if you want, trust me; he's just a big, loveable idiot who couldn't hurt a fly." Orpheus felt it better not to mention that, if threatened--or if 'his boy' was in any perceived danger--the big, loveable idiot turned into the most vicious attack dog he'd ever seen. No, probably shouldn't tell her that. I really don't want to scare her off. Running a hand through his shaggy black hair Orpheus glanced at Aeryn again; she was interesting, to say the least, and for once the prince wasn't uncomfortable in another person's presence. He found himself vaguely attracted to the girl, which was definitely a strange feeling for the seraph--not sexually attracted, necessarily, though he honestly doubted he'd know what the felt like if her were; simply put, he found her aesthetically pleasing and pleasant to be around.

Curiosity overwhelming his usual shyness Orpheus decided to question the blonde. "So Aeryn--I can call you just Aeryn, right?--where are you from? You don't s-sound like English is your first language." He frowned, listening to his own words; I really thought I had that under control...maybe it's because she's so pretty. Eyes widening as he realised how that sounded, Orpheus hurried to correct himself. "N-not that you aren't good at...you kn-know, speaking," he stammered, "it's just...I can tell. Languages are m-my thing, sort of." Wow, way to sound lame. "And by that I m-mean I've been studying languages since I was very young, and I'm fairly fluent in nearly every one. I-if it's not your first, and you ever wa-wanted some help with it...well, I'm available." Orpheus smiled again and tugged at a black glove. "And you can just call me Orpheus--I'm not really a prince, and I've never liked all the 'social expectations' much anyway," he offered with a chuckle.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxSleep, sugar, let your dreams flood inxxxx
xxxxLike waves of sweet fire, you're safe withinxxx
xxxSleep, sweetie, let your floods come rushing inxx
xxxxxAnd carry you over to a new morning
xxxx

╚════════════════════════════════╝

toffeeren

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff