Welcome to Gaia! ::

acyfaust's Husbando

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
I got the same thing. Got the same response when I reported it as spam. I do not appreciate getting pms about cash offers in the slightest, and I, personally consider it spam and want it stopped. If I wanted to buy GCash, I would do so without the damn pms. =__=
Adorkable Monster
Wosi
And was told to come here instead. This isn't cool. It's spam so it should be reported accordingly :/

it should. I finally got mine after telling people to report so this is what i wrote:

I Do Not care what the color of your name is, so don't send me that bullshxt auto response telling me what forum to make a thread in. Do not invade my space and don't ever contact me again outside of MP sales. This is spam, and will be reported as such per your TOS rules.

If they continue invading space like this I might have to boycott gaia, which is not something I want to do, but them ignoring their own TOS is just more than I can take. Hopefully they listen to the backlash of the community this time.

Bitching at the mod about this is like yelling at the guy who bags your groceries over the price of milk. They can't help you, they're human too, and it's not doing anything but shitting on someone who has nothing to do with the problem.

Devoted Member

Just got the pm for the sales pitch, I thought they stopped with the PMs and pop ups.
Purrly
Adorkable Monster
Wosi
And was told to come here instead. This isn't cool. It's spam so it should be reported accordingly :/

it should. I finally got mine after telling people to report so this is what i wrote:

I Do Not care what the color of your name is, so don't send me that bullshxt auto response telling me what forum to make a thread in. Do not invade my space and don't ever contact me again outside of MP sales. This is spam, and will be reported as such per your TOS rules.

If they continue invading space like this I might have to boycott gaia, which is not something I want to do, but them ignoring their own TOS is just more than I can take. Hopefully they listen to the backlash of the community this time.

Bitching at the mod about this is like yelling at the guy who bags your groceries over the price of milk. They can't help you, they're human too, and it's not doing anything but shitting on someone who has nothing to do with the problem.

That's why I removed the mod's name from the PM I received and I'm going to edit my post to not encourage people to keep reporting it :/ It's not mods' fault but I'm not happy about this and I won't push the issue by reporting it again. I posted here because that's what I was suggested to do.

Salty Pirate

Demonic Sex Symbol

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I reported it also and got the same message. Nice to see I'm not the only one who thought it was spam and reported it as such. I also added the Admin to my ignore list. Didn't even knew I could do that.

Sivartur's Honey Bun

Sparkly Kitten

I asked before reporting it and was told I couldn't... That is BS.

Lavish Lunatic

Adorkable Monster
Savage Royal
Everyone should report it at least once.

This. They can say that only usermade accounts can be held to the TOS (and thus, admin may spam as it pleases)

but according to the TOS, we are suppost to report and delete any spam messages. That's on our end. They can't rightfully say reporting Admin is abusing the report system.
^^^ good point. Our job is to report. Theirs is to manage. And they have mismanaged the issue.

Friendly Citizen

Savage Royal
Adorkable Monster
Savage Royal

This. They can say that only usermade accounts can be held to the TOS (and thus, admin may spam as it pleases)

but according to the TOS, we are suppost to report and delete any spam messages. That's on our end. They can't rightfully say reporting Admin is abusing the report system.
^^^ good point. Our job is to report. Theirs is to manage. And they have mismanaged the issue.

Oh TRuck this. Did you see the 'personalized discount' announcement bullshat they are pulling to justify the spam?

Lavish Lunatic

Adorkable Monster
Savage Royal
Adorkable Monster
Savage Royal

Oh TRuck this. Did you see the 'personalized discount' announcement bullshat they are pulling to justify the spam?
Lmao personalized my nuts. I get those offers twice a day regardless.

Otherworldly Gatekeeper

16,965 Points
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
I didn't try to report it; I just deleted it immediately. Like I do with spam. BECAUSE IT IS SPAM.

What the hell, Gaia? I mean it: What. The. Hell. Isn't it bad enough that we see the endless stream of GCash 'sales' in our announcements? Not only is this a drastically more intrusive form of marketing on a site where the push for GCash sales has only become increasingly relentless, but I'm doubtful as to whether it will actually convince anyone who wasn't already making use of the frequent GC Flash to shell out for Cash. Is the stated purpose the actual purpose, or is it just an excuse to flood our Inboxes with BUY GCASH NOW!!! spam the same way it floods our announcements?

I'm not mad at the mods, of course; as has been said, it's not their fault. I'm pretty sure they have no say in how company policy is being set, for better or for worse. But this is just ridiculous, and that's coming from someone who's tried to take Gaia's push towards monetization more-or-less in stride.

There has to be a way to opt out, as a bare minimum of courtesy towards, you know, the goddamn userbase! In my opinion, the fact that an opt-out function wasn't included with the initial rollout speaks volumes.

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Reported as well and got the same B.S. IT's spam no matter how you look at it. The announcements are spam and the mail is spam. This site just keeps getting worse and if it wasn't for the B.C. I'd have left AGES ago. Even now it's still tempting and becomes increasingly so over time.

Magical Cat

13,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Balmaur
I reported it also and got the same message. Nice to see I'm not the only one who thought it was spam and reported it as such. I also added the Admin to my ignore list. Didn't even knew I could do that.

Did not know that was possible. I shall get on that immediately.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Agree it is spam, and we should be able to report it as so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff