Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Grabber

I swear it's only been 6 months (max 1 year) since I last logged into Gaia. Just thought I'd check on how some of my old items were selling and WHAT THE HELL how are items being sold at several hundred million/billion gold?! I swear it wasn't like this the last time I was around... Clearly I've missed out on something here that's seriously driven up market prices.

I don't wanna make it seem like I'm lazy (last time I was here, GCD hated on all the "I'm back, what's new?" topics), but can someone explain, even just a little, what happened to the economy? It just seems like the currency has inflated dramatically over a such short period of time. This is like Zimbabwe on steroids.

Also apologies if this doesn't belong here. It's been a while sweatdrop

kuma's Problem

Generous Bunny

Gaia released Random Item generators that also gave out ******** tons of gold. And some RIGS that are entirely gold prizes. In the high millions!

Shameless Grabber

Sir Twitty
Gaia released Random Item generators that also gave out ******** tons of gold. And some RIGS that are entirely gold prizes. In the high millions!

What... I don't even... gonk

Seriously, I've been a consistently poor Gaia in the entire (wow, only realising this as I'm typing it) 10 years I've been on Gaia. I can barely comprehend paying 1mil for an item, let alone several billion.

Shameless Grabber

Does everyone just have millions/billions handy in their accounts right now?! How can anyone think this is normal? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. gonk

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
SunsetFlare
Does everyone just have millions/billions handy in their accounts right now?! How can anyone think this is normal? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. gonk
some people have trillions! eek

Shameless Grabber

Paro-Daryl
SunsetFlare

Cannot... comprehend... burning_eyes

This must be what it feels like to be in a time machine.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Why you can't buy anything.

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
SunsetFlare
Paro-Daryl
SunsetFlare

Cannot... comprehend... burning_eyes

This must be what it feels like to be in a time machine.

I put 50,000,000,000 into the gate gold sink ninja

Shameless Streaker

Long story short: Gaia started selling pure gold for money. "Gold generators." Right now, it's common to score a few billion or atleast a few hundred million by dropping 1 dollar on 1 gold generator

Long story long: This is what you missed.

Gold Generator List: Up-to-date.
SunsetFlare

The average "middle class" Gaian usually has few billion at any given time. But it depends on what types of items you like, I have a friend with 40billion in pure right now and she considers herself "poor", for the items she wants.

Star Phantom

Welcome back!

Shameless Grabber

The Moonlight Densetsu
Long story short: Gaia started selling pure gold for money. "Gold generators." Right now, it's common to score a few billion or atleast a few hundred million by dropping 1 dollar on 1 gold generator

SunsetFlare

The average "middle class" Gaian usually has few billion at any given time. But it depends on what types of items you like, I have a friend with 40billion in pure right now and she considers herself "poor", for the items she wants.
Oh wow that's very informative, thank you!

Considering how much a lot of the items are selling for, then I suppose she is on the "poorer" end. I only have 119k pure on me (I had more when I was last active, but I think I bought a bunch of stuff) which by today's standards must mean I'm literally in the gutter. xd

I do have items that would easily get me into the billions if I sold them, but it just seems... weird. And wrong.

But mostly weird.

Shameless Grabber

Kurosavva
Welcome back!
Thank you! Although I am largely just dropping by for a visit. 3nodding

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
The Moonlight Densetsu

SunsetFlare

Is it okay if i save your post and quote it whenever someone asks this question? I can take you name out if you don't want to be spammed with notifications.
It's just really helpful and and might prevent a 39 page thread about how much gold gens suck and blahblah debate and yelling at the op for being confused, etc.

Shameless Streaker

its a curse
The Moonlight Densetsu

SunsetFlare

Is it okay if i save your post and quote it whenever someone asks this question? I can take you name out if you don't want to be spammed with notifications.
It's just really helpful and and might prevent a 39 page thread about how much gold gens suck and blahblah debate and yelling at the op for being confused, etc.

Go right ahead! xd
So many of these pop up, it's nice to have a pre saved template. 3nodding
and yes please take my name out so I don't confused with the notifications redface

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
The Moonlight Densetsu
its a curse
The Moonlight Densetsu

SunsetFlare

Go right ahead! xd
So many of these pop up, it's nice to have a pre saved template. 3nodding
and yes please take my name out so I don't confused with the notifications redface

Thank you so much! smile And I changed your name to Helpful GCD girl and the OPs to lets change this too. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff