Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Ladykiller

Sakura Latte

Huh weird. I haven't seen any weird dressed people while I was there. Even in Harajuku and Shibuya.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I used to dress up during the spring months when I was an undergrad on days that I didn't have lab (and dressing up usually just involved a nice blouse and skirt), but mostly, due to the nature of my work, I can't dress up for safety reasons (I work with animals). I pretty much have to stick with pants (usually jeans) and closed-toe shoes that I don't mind getting dirty.

Profitable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I work in a super casual office so its a daily routine of hoodies and jeans... And then the weekend rolls around and then I have my ultra glam rock uniform which I love love love! Lot's of band tanks and skinny jeans with bobbles and smoldering make up. When I make it out on the weekends I do get told I may have over glamed.

Familiar Phantom

In the last two years of secondary school I wanted to take full advantage of the non-existent dress code, so I also wore dresses and skirts 3 or 4 days out of 5. Even when I wore jeans, evoking gasps of mock horror from my friends, most of the time they were my fancy skinny jeans with gold embroidery down the sides, haha xD

I don't really remember people asking me why I was so dressed up. I don't wear make-up so it was just the clothes really. Some friends did ask stuff like "how do you have time" (I plan the outfit in my head the previous night so know what to pull out the wardrobe) and "is it comfortable" (the clothes I buy are both pretty and comfortable, so yes).

Because I started dressing up from day 1, people got used it really fast. Occasionally heads would turn a little, or someone would compliment something. My style is quite varied so whatever I wore, no one was ever that surprised xD

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I definitely get comments if my style changes.
I wear a darker, more alternative style (very goth influenced), or I wear work out clothes (because I'm working out . . .).

If I stray from either or these, people wonder what's going on. It's also typical for someone who hasn't known me long to comment if I switch between these two styles.

A signature look? Besides dark clothes, I wouldn't say so. I wear leather or faux-leather a lot, as well as jackets. I guess jackets may be my signature piece. Skirts & boots, too.

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I usually wear more dressy things, so if I go more casual and wear a T-shirt one day people are like, "What's wrong? You're usually dressed up more pretty!". Sometimes I just feel like being a little more comfortable, okay? emotion_donotwant

I also tend to wear more light-colored and girly things, but during the winter I wear clothes that are much, much darker (It's just how I feel during the winter months. Besides, it helps keep heat). So when I make that transition, people look at me like I'm crazy. xD
I'm in dresses pretty often bc they're easier for me to pick out than pairing my skirts with my tops.
...i srsly always get: "and then there's janice who's all dressed up."
or asked why i'm so dressed up.
wut. they're really simple cotton dresses. ._____. i think they're cotton skater dresses in plain colors.

I don't really have a signature look though in clothing. I just do whatever is comfy for me, which apparently to everyone, is "dressed up"?
My spring/fall outfits are usually leggings, one of my bodycon skirts worn highwaisted (or higher than "normal" wink , tank top, and a cardigan, with shoes that kinda...match.
...??? i am not sure how this qualifies as dressed up.
I hardly leave the house but when I do I am dressed up some how. Wigs, lens, eyeliner and bbcream for sunscreen with lipgloss. People know me as different and even when it seems im dressing down Im still noticed as dressed up.
I hate when I just wear clothes and actually have time to do my make up for work. They are like why are you all dressed up.

If I am up get time to do my hair and make up nice and how I normally wear it. I dress nicer if the weather is nice

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Nekomimi
I usually wear more dressy things, so if I go more casual and wear a T-shirt one day people are like, "What's wrong? You're usually dressed up more pretty!". Sometimes I just feel like being a little more comfortable, okay? emotion_donotwant

I also tend to wear more light-colored and girly things, but during the winter I wear clothes that are much, much darker (It's just how I feel during the winter months. Besides, it helps keep heat). So when I make that transition, people look at me like I'm crazy. xD

I wear a lot of floral and polka dots in the summer/spring and I wear a lot of plaid and nonpatterns in the winter.
So I know how that is.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
I understand how you feel, but I wouldn't say I have a signature look. My style changes constantly. I am the type of girl who tends to be more overdressed than underdressed. So when I am having a lazy day, people assume something's wrong with me as well.

Demonic Human

You guys are my people! I used to get comments like that all the time, mostly from my bestie. Especially when we'd go out.
I like dresses but tbh because of comments like that I don't often wear them.
I think I'm a weird mix between sassy rocker and elegant lady. Except when I'm having a boyfriend jeans/tank top day. Oh, and I'm almost always wearing my lace up, thick heeled boots. In love with them.
People mostly just accept me wearing whatever the hell I want now though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff