< 1 2

Deathly Hobo

12,740 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hero 100
  • Marathon 300
Tranquil Fury
Hemeru
I just watched the first episode and i'm hooked to it already!

If you want another anime try checking out Black Bullet wink

I know right it's great from the very beginning! And thanks for the suggestion! smile

Yeh it's really awesome. Sucks that i don't have time to watch the second episode crying

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Shiro is really cute. =x

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Shiro is SO adorable! heart I'm not watching any other animes at the moment, but can't wait for the Sailor Moon remake next July! heart

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Shiro is adorable, and the plot is quite interesting. ^^

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Sadist Sedated

I know that they don't just play video games (in the first or second episode they play rock paper scissors). It is what they're doing in the beginning of the first episode, though, and it's what they (as blank) are known for worldwide.

While that is true, I find it deeply ironic that that is the ONLY time I can recall that they were playing video games throughout the entire series and there is just 2 episodes left in the series!

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
garyoak99
Sadist Sedated

I know that they don't just play video games (in the first or second episode they play rock paper scissors). It is what they're doing in the beginning of the first episode, though, and it's what they (as blank) are known for worldwide.

While that is true, I find it deeply ironic that that is the ONLY time I can recall that they were playing video games throughout the entire series and there is just 2 episodes left in the series!

Probably because video games don't seem to exist in the world they're transported to, but I wouldn't know if that's actually the case or not.

Magnetic Millionaire

12,525 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
Sadist Sedated

Probably because video games don't seem to exist in the world they're transported to, but I wouldn't know if that's actually the case or not.

That is actually a good point! None of the denizens of the world seem to know what video games are and Sora theorizes that the people who live in the Eastern Federation may be the only ones with the technology to make video games.

l_TemporarY_l's Honey Bun

Cuddly Bunny

User Image
"[Blank] will never lose."
User Image

~ I love it 3nodding ~

Tipsy Hunter

9,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sadist Sedated
Another terrible audience-pandering circle jerk show like Sword Art Online. Overpowered, cocky self-insert character appealing to the ego of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check. Loli sister who unconditionally loves the self-insert character, appealing to the sick pervertedness of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check. Typical cliche ecchi humor, appealing to the depraved sense of humor stemming from inexperience of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check.

Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say that anyone who enjoys this show is a stereotypical shut-in loser, but the show is obviously pandering to that audience, and has no shame in doing so, much like Sword Art Online before it. It caters to the unrealistic idea that being good at video games means you're a genius and the childish fantasy land where being good at video games is a skill deemed valuable by society as a whole. The only thing positive I can say about it is its interesting art style. Apart from that, everything it does is processed and safely catering to everything a very specific (and very unfortunate) demographic wants to see.

there´s nothing to do with SAO O.o
I´d say your critique is constructive if you´re saying No game No life is a rip off from Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
lenalee22
Sadist Sedated
Another terrible audience-pandering circle jerk show like Sword Art Online. Overpowered, cocky self-insert character appealing to the ego of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check. Loli sister who unconditionally loves the self-insert character, appealing to the sick pervertedness of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check. Typical cliche ecchi humor, appealing to the depraved sense of humor stemming from inexperience of the shut-in losers who watch it? Check.

Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say that anyone who enjoys this show is a stereotypical shut-in loser, but the show is obviously pandering to that audience, and has no shame in doing so, much like Sword Art Online before it. It caters to the unrealistic idea that being good at video games means you're a genius and the childish fantasy land where being good at video games is a skill deemed valuable by society as a whole. The only thing positive I can say about it is its interesting art style. Apart from that, everything it does is processed and safely catering to everything a very specific (and very unfortunate) demographic wants to see.

I´d say your critique is constructive if you´re saying No game No life is a rip off from Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

You don't see how a show in which people who are good at games are brought to another world where they play games to survive and prosper is similar to a show in which people are trapped in a game and have to play to make it out alive? Alongside the cocky, overpowered main characters, both shows are constructed to cater to the comfortable idea that being good at video games makes you a hero and a genius.

I'm not very familiar with "Problem Children," but I can definitely see how it's also similar SAO and No Game No Life with the cocky, overpowered main characters serving as self-insert wish fulfillment fantasies, but, as far as I can tell, it doesn't imply to its viewers that what makes its characters strong is that they're good at video games, which is one of my biggest gripes with No Game No Life and SAO.

Popular Friend

10,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sadist Sedated
lenalee22
Sadist Sedated

You don't see how a show in which people who are good at games are brought to another world where they play games to survive and prosper is similar to a show in which people are trapped in a game and have to play to make it out alive? Alongside the cocky, overpowered main characters, both shows are constructed to cater to the comfortable idea that being good at video games makes you a hero and a genius.

I'm not very familiar with "Problem Children," but I can definitely see how it's also similar SAO and No Game No Life with the cocky, overpowered main characters serving as self-insert wish fulfillment fantasies, but, as far as I can tell, it doesn't imply to its viewers that what makes its characters strong is that they're good at video games, which is one of my biggest gripes with No Game No Life and SAO.

The difference between SAO and No Game No Life is that in No Game No Life, the main characters seem to be more aware that they are "no life gamers" and they poke fun at it and I think that makes the show more enjoyable.

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Hemeru
I just watched the first episode and i'm hooked to it already!

If you want another anime try checking out Black Bullet wink

I found the pacing for the first couple episodes went a bit too fast, but the pace for the recent episodes has been really good

Tipsy Hunter

9,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sadist Sedated
lenalee22
Sadist Sedated

if you see from that point, you shouldn´t just critique No game No life.. There are thousands of animes based on the "main character sucks at real life, but he´s a genious in some other dimension/activity".. SAO, .hack, log horizon, No Game No Life, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo, just to mention some, have the same basic plot, the development is different, of couse, but it´s the same situation

Kawaii Transform

Sadist Sedated

I watched SAO and while it was not my favorite anime, I can't say that I thought the MC's were cocky either. I think though that maybe people could get the "feeling" of cockiness because of how fast the timeline was? I mean, it wasn't long into the first season that they had been there for over a year. Perhaps they just didn't show enough of the MC's struggles? //shrug

As for NGNL, I find it endearing even if there is some cliche things. All in all, I think the anime is quickly becoming a favorite because it's at least something more unique than school based harems (which I think we saw a lot of last season.)
I love it and Love Shiro.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces