Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fuzzy Bear

It serves literally no purpose raising it from 2% to 3% because tomorrow you'll also release a gold generator that has a 30bn+ jackpot. Stop pulling rabbits out of a hat and actually implement gold sinks that take more out of the economy than gold gens put in, or stop selling gold gens. Those are the two options. Pretending to guide the economy into stability to quell user anger while also selling 1-3 different gold gen types in the cash shop at any given time is really half-arsed.

I hope nobody in the GCD is actually praising this as a fix.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
It sinks more gold
Thats the point

Fuzzy Bear

DYRL
It sinks more gold
Thats the point
woosh. right over your head.

yeh comparatively it sinks 1% more gold (essentially nothing). It'll result in a 5% jump in item prices just because it can (look at when the tax was introduced, look at when the gold cap was removed) BEFORE the next wave of gold gens are taken into consideration. Add in the daily gold gens and its very half arsed and pointless. It will do literally nothing.

sure, more gold will be taken out, but an extreme amount more will be pumped in.

the mp revenue jumped 5 million million in one day when the platinum piggy bank was released. 5,000,000,000,000 in one night.

Tipsy Genius

It's not a "fix", it's part of a solution. Nobody is pretending that Gaia can keep releasing gold generators and that the +1% tax will even things out. They do need to stop releasing gold generators. But they also needed to work on a site-wide gold sink, and they did. Progress is progress, it's not a result. We all know that a 5%+ tax would have made people increase their prices accordingly; at 3%, nothing will change but more gold will be sunk. That's the whole point.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
uninanonomonitity
DYRL
It sinks more gold
Thats the point

yeh comparatively it sinks 1% more gold (essentially nothing). It'll result in a 5% jump in item prices just because it can (look at when the tax was introduced, look at when the gold cap was removed) BEFORE the next wave of gold gens are taken into consideration. Add in the daily gold gens and its very half arsed and pointless. It will do literally nothing.
Nope not really
It maybe half-assed but it will help. I was hoping for 5% myself.
And if people raise their prices that means that more gold will be taken out.

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
Call me paranoid or whatever but...I'm thinking the point is to possibly push non-cash users to finally buy into cash because honestly, as long as Gaia keeps up with the gold generators, those are the only people who will be affected by this. Inflation is not going to go down a damn bit because gaia's just going to release another piggy bank tomorrow that grants 40bil.
The people who buy gold gens will just go out and buy more gold to make up for what they lost with taxes while the users who don't/can't buy cash will be stuck even further behind and the pressure for them to buy cash will only increase.

Fuzzy Bear

sterek
It's not a "fix", it's part of a solution. Nobody is pretending that Gaia can keep releasing gold generators and that the +1% tax will even things out. They do need to stop releasing gold generators. But they also needed to work on a site-wide gold sink, and they did. Progress is progress, it's not a result. We all know that a 5%+ tax would have made people increase their prices accordingly; at 3%, nothing will change but more gold will be sunk. That's the whole point.
It actually isnt part of a solution. Its pretending to attempt to fix a problem they previously denied in order to boost gaia cash sales (which have evidently been in decline).

The mp prices will adjust to reflect the change in tax.
The gold generators will pump exponentially more gold into the system than an extra 1% tax will remove.

Seriously, just fire your 'economist' and remove the CEO and bring in monkeys for those roles. They'd do a just as good job at keeping this site afloat.

Fuzzy Bear

DYRL
uninanonomonitity
DYRL
It sinks more gold
Thats the point

Nope not really
Your naive blind optimism is cute and all but it wont help.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I know I'm not praising it. It's just going to cause prices in the MP to go that much higher to compensate for the 1% gold loss, but people are greedy so they'll increase more than they should just because this gives them the excuse. The cheaper items probably won't be effected, but the higher priced ones will. As if those items needed more reasons to be more expensive.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

It's gonna do basically nothing.
The only real way to help with the inflation is to put a full stop with the Gold Generators completely. But Gaia makes too much money off of those with such little effort that I don't really see them stopping any time soon.

But it's better than nothing. Like...a picogram better than nothing. neutral

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
uninanonomonitity
DYRL
uninanonomonitity
DYRL
It sinks more gold
Thats the point

Nope not really
Your naive blind optimism is cute and all but it wont help.
And your bitter pessimism is annoying at best :/

I except nothing less from a rich user like you though; sucks that you have to do your part, don't it?

Tipsy Genius

uninanonomonitity
sterek
It actually isnt part of a solution. Its pretending to attempt to fix a problem they previously denied in order to boost gaia cash sales (which have evidently been in decline).

The mp prices will adjust to reflect the change in tax.
The gold generators will pump exponentially more gold into the system than an extra 1% tax will remove.

Seriously, just fire your 'economist' and remove the CEO and bring in monkeys for those roles. They'd do a just as good job at keeping this site afloat.

Given the amount of "round" prices listed in the MP, I can guarantee that the only people who care about the tax are people who artificially inflate items. Successful vending isn't done by buying an item and reselling it five minutes later for a tiny profit. Prices won't change for a 1% difference.

The solution to the inflation is a combination of a) the complete removal of gold generators, and b) large gold sinks people can't really avoid. They need both, and they're testing out half of it right now. It won't fix anything on its own and we're all aware of that. Why are we complaining about something good they did when we should be confirming that they're going in the right direction AND reminding them that there's a gigantic factor they missed in their equation?

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Vendors are gonna raise the prices.
Gaia will continue to whore out Flynn's body parts and give out the blasted piggys.
And I'll be here, not being able to afford crap...

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
sterek

Thank you
******** thank you someone with sense
I do a lot of lurking, and if I remember correctly the amount of gold being won in the most recent generators has been a lot less...impressive. So yes, they're still offering an item that is shitting gold all over us. However, it is less gold. Just because the jackpot is advertised to be 30bil doesn't mean your chances of getting that much are worth the expense.
It's a PR move.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces