Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Conversationalist

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Shade Profile Thread

Feel free to post your profiles here as soon as I have approved them, and then let us know in the OOC and quote me to get my attention before you make your first post.

Remember the ideas listed for each race option are simply suggestions to get you on the right track--if you think of something else, message me and we can make any necessary adjustments. If you are a SWORD member, don't forget to include your badge in your post layout (image links are included in the spoiler below.

Have fun!!

Guardian [img]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/GalasHarper/4d68b77e-7a2e-41dc-930a-2753c3078fea.jpg[/img]

Warden [img]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/GalasHarper/87b6e2d3-382e-40e7-a7b4-856c415f022b.jpg[/img]

Marshal [img]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/GalasHarper/b702d0a7-9a73-4671-bafb-0c4060eed20d.jpg[/img]

Literate to adv-literate
• Urban Fantasy RP
• Created by Marael
• Idea inspired by Bordertown Novels and Dresden Novels
OOC Thread
Main Thread

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

NPC Sheets

None yet

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Alex ✣ Elizabeth ✣ Bennett
Race: Touched Human (Goblin)
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Job/Profession: SWORD Guardian (recently demoted from Warden)
Magic: n/a
Fighting skills: Alex is handy with a pistol as well as hand-to-hand combat.
Supernatural ability: Psychic magnetism: She has the ability to find her way to any person, place or thing if she concentrates on it hard enough. She won't magically transport there, but she will know which direction it is.

She also has the ability to see through some types of fae glamour, usually unseelie glamor.
Other skills:
User Image Agile
User Image Excellent climber
User Image Supernatural lore
User Image Shooting

Description (with words): Alex is unusually short, barely reaching past 5 foot. Her hair is black and tends to be in a disarray, no matter how much she works with it. She sports a short pixie cut to take advantage of this. Her eyes are a piercing green that tends to make people uncomfortable when she meets eyes with them, a trait she gets from her goblin parentage. Alex wears casual clothes and is usually seen with her glock and a cigarette.
Personality: Another gift from her goblin heritage, Alex can be blunt and even a little insulting at times. She doesn't try to please others, and is very impressed by honesty. However, just as often as she is brashly blunt she also tends to be vague. She is a woman of action, not of promises.
Backstory: Alex's mother died shortly after childbirth, and her father, being part goblin himself, wasn't interested in children and immediately disappeared upon her birth. Her goblin relatives (several times removed, of course) occasionally looked in on the odd girl as she grew up and would bring her shiny trinkets from the goblin markets.
Her foster parents were often confused to see Alex hold animated conversations with thin air and she was tested for numerous mental disorders many times throughout her youth. She quickly became withdrawn from most humans, only speaking when spoken to and being painfully honest and blunt when asked a question.
As an adult, Alex joined the SWORDs as a way to help others going through similar misunderstandings in the mundane world. She quickly rose through the ranks to Warden and was about to be promoted to Marshal, when disaster struck and her partner was killed in a botched cover up of a series of recent murders. She was immediately demoted to Guardian pending a review of the incident.
Fears:
      User Image Overestimating her abilities
      User Image Afterlife, or more specifically, fear of judgment from a god or other higher being

Flaw: She tends to make snap judgments about people, and it can be hard for her to accept that her initial impression was incorrect. To some degree, once she makes up her mind about a person, she will always believe it of them--for better or worse.

Miscellaneous: Her goblin heritage is recognized by other goblins, and this will occasionally grant her access to areas (such as the Goblin Market) that humans are normally not allowed. However, it also makes it harder for her to deal with many seelie fae, as they will see her as being tainted by her bloodline.

Wrathful Demigod

12,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Name: Miles Caspian
Race: Vampire
Sexuality: Bisexual

Job/Profession: Night-shift barista
Fighting skills: Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, and is almost always able to improvise a weapon out of something. Relies more on speed and precision than strength.
Supernatural ability: None beyond typical vampire fare, though notably his senses are somewhat keener than average, particularly when he’s hungry and hypersensitive because of it.
Other skills:
User Image Good at sweet-talking people of both genders.
User Image Skilled in free-running/parkour
User Image Can tell a convincing lie with little to no hesitation
User Image Good at tracking people due to slightly heightened senses and perception, especially when hungry.

Description (with words): Miles stands at about six feet tall and has a long, lean figure. His red hair is choppy but generally fashionable. His blue eyes are charming, but look at them long enough and you’ll notice he’s looking at most people in a predatory fashion, trying to determine how viable they would be as a meal. His right ear is pierced in multiple places. Like most vampires, his skin is unnaturally pale, though his back is badly scarred from a sunlight burn. He likes to wear loose-fitting, comfortable casual wear, and he switches between wearing glasses and contacts.

Personality: With most people, Miles is as charming as he is cocky, his ego determining how a lot of his interactions with others go. In general he’s a pretty laid back guy with a ‘why worry’ attitude, but underneath the chill exterior he’s hanging on every word people are saying, listening for something that might prove useful down the line. He knows much more about everyone he encounters at his job than they realize for this reason.

However, when Miles starts to get hungry, his personality often makes a huge shift to predatory; he gets significantly more serious and aggressive, and if he’s decided who he’s going to make his next meal his eyes will never leave them as he becomes downright stalker-ish in nature. While he’s not an experienced vampire, like any hungry creature, desperation can cause him to become downright dangerous.

Backstory:
For about a year now, Miles has been that barista that regulars come in specifically to see. Though people who know him are well aware he has a hell of an ego, he’s always got enough charm to match it. He is an absolutely shameless flirt, regardless of your gender, though he always seems to know just when to back off. Never seems to give an open-mouthed smile, though…

Miles underwent the change from human to vampire during his sophomore year of college; more accurately, right after he dropped out of college. After running away from home due to a dispute with his parents regarding said dropping out, Miles eventually found his way into the Shade and became fascinated by it, finding it much more interesting than the mundane world above. He hasn’t been seen by his parents since; though initially they weren’t worried, after 2 years they’ve become concerned that they’ll never see their son again.

After getting involved in a passionate relationship with vampire he met in the Shade, Miles consented to be turned himself; though his relationship with that man ended a few months ago, he doesn’t regret his decision. He doesn’t spend much time on the surface anymore when he's not working, after an incident that ended with his back getting exposed to the sun for long enough to permanently scar him. Regarding the same incident, he has mild claustrophobia, making some less ‘urban’ parts of the Shade difficult for him to deal with.

Fears:
      User Image Getting caught out in the sun again.
      User Image Being stuck in small, enclosed spaces

Flaw: Being a fairly young vampire, Miles doesn’t have particularly good control over his bloodthirst. He’s not particularly good at keeping a consistent feeding schedule either, so sometimes this can pose a problem.

Miscellaneous: Miles has no interest in animal blood; it’s human blood or nothing at all. He’s more likely to feed on emotions when he can, however; his flirtation with his customers isn't always entirely harmless, even when he doesn't intend to bite.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Name: Detective Samantha. Adriana. Amara.
Race: Touched Human (very very diluted werewolf blood)
Sexuality: Homosexual

Job/Profession: Private Detective
Magic: *Passive
Fighting skills: Police/Military Training
Supernatural ability: *Natural Charm
Other skills:
User Image Heightened Reflexes
User Image Stronger Bodily Resistance
User Image Sharp Shooting ( can be quite trigger happy )
User Image Undercover Op Training

Description (with words): Sammy, as she is more popularly known, stands about 5'8" with a rather athletic body type that carries multiple scars from [Need To Know Base]. She is currently sporting the sunny blonde look due to [Information Not Available] however her natural hair color is a dark Autumn.
Personality: Sammy is a rather odd woman with even odder habits to the point some may consider her OCD material. Her every day routine is always the same; wake up sharply at 9 am to her phone's alarm, coffee at 9:10, cereal, shower at 9:30, brush teeth, re-clean gun from night before, dress (depending on schedule) in street/work clothes at 10:30, grab keys, lock door and leave by 10:45. If anyone and I do mean anyone screws with her scheduled, Sammy will be more inclined to shoot, tackle or otherwise rough up suspects rather then handle them with kid gloves.

At work and around other's she is much more charming as if a switch was flipped. However when having to work with other people she tends to try and take the lead at first until someone proves them self as useful and intelligent. When with friends she can become rather possessive and over protective of them to the point where she has been involved, even initiated, physical fights when a 'threat' tries to intrude upon them.

She may come off as a rogue but as a general rule she is a very by the books kind of girl (when she is with others) and always has a back up plan to win a case against her (in case her trigger finger or more possessive instincts kick in). An easier way to understand her is this; around others [social] she is charming and smart (even if a bit possessive), on her own [lone] she tends to be almost robotic and quite aggressive. Group/partner = Good. Alone = Bad.
Backstory:
Samantha grew up in a small country town with her adoptive mother and through them a taste for detective work. At 14 she had been introduced, like most girls around town, to the fine art of caring for and shooting a gun. This second love of the meditative practice and her unrelenting curiosity set her off on the road to being a private detective with her mother. By 17 she had taken and passed her tests to gain a legitimate license and soon began taking over half of her mothers cases. By 18 she had taken on more cases then she should have been able to bare but had slogged through them as money became tight with her mother falling ill. Barely a week passed her 20th birthday her mother passed and the girl now woman had no idea what to do.

On a particularity bad day the girl had been visited by a few suits that had taken interest in her record (both criminal, detective and scores on certain tests) and she soon had her hands and mind distracted by the opportunity these gentlemen offered her. A chance to start over and over and over again as an undercover agent. After 7 years of outstanding service to this particular sect of military the woman was charged with one more mission that felt a bit off considering the higher stakes her previous ones had attached.

On orders she moved to Newford with a job waiting for her and a lots of rehashed police training to run through. Knowing better then to question her orders she keeps the guidelines provided and settles in with the front of being just another detective but as time goes by she finds the cases on her desk growing weirder and weirder by the number.
Fears:
      User Image Being Alone
      User Image Snakes

Flaw: Is insatiably curious but also knows that everybody (meaning to or not) lies
Can be incredibly over-protective
Is quick to use dirty methods to get info that she needs to catch who she needs to solve a case.

Miscellaneous:She is very very new to the underground world of magic.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
User ImageUser Image
Name: Alice
Race: Eternal [Witch]
Sexuality: Flexible

Job/Profession: SWORD Warden
Magic: Elemental - Water/Ice (has dipped in to Air recently with mixed results)
Fighting skills: Hand-to-Hand mixed with creative use of Magics
Supernatural ability:
Alice has lived a long while due to her Eternal blood that came when she bonded with an Elemental being. She can die and has many bloody times but each time her soul has been collected by her bounded Elemental and recycled into a new vessel.

Other skills:
User Image Alchemy
User Image Rune Enchanting
User Image Great Researcher
User Image Has Creative uses for her Ice powers

Description (with words): Alice is fairly bubbly slim woman who stands at about 5'7". Her usual attire is not one that would be pegged as professional but more casual; what with the silly graphic t-shirts under a old well worn tan jacket that she received as a gift a long time ago, colorful sneakers and her often slightly dirty jeans. On most days she'll have her long (mid back length) dirty blonde hair pulled up into a messy pony tail, to show off her steely grey eyes, and because she never learned how to properly braid it.
Personality: By Alice's own thoughts she sees herself as a flirtatious and bold woman, be it through her many recycled lives or naturally, who adores making people flustered and uncomfortable. She is also quite the talker once you get her going.
If you asked one of her co-workers they would describe her as flighty and a bit (a lot in some cases) forgetful and dangerously curious.
Backstory: As far as Alice is concerned her life(s) story is one big blur of mixed feelings and hazy recollections of information past. However, when asked about it, she usually gives a slandered lie of growing up in a small city near Seattle Washington under her 'older brothers' care. It's a lie, plain and simple, Alice does not have living family and has found that when she shares this with people, they tend to treat her differently, and she despises the look of pity in their eyes.
Fears:
      User ImageSmall Animals
      User ImageFire

Flaw:
Alice is an Immortal, she can be killed and has on many occasions, but this lengthening in her life span has left the woman slightly... off. Mentally that is.

While Alice is a hard worker she is also incredibly forgetful. She often cannot remember anything past 15 year clearly and has to go off guess work or 'gut' feelings, which while not bad, is not particularly correct 25% of the time. That mixed with her with a curious mind (like most girl's with the cursed name), can cause temporary, though more often then not, blind spots to common sense.

She also has a very bad habit of falling to all sorts of temptations and doesn't quite seem to be able to stop herself no matter how many times it has burned her in the past.

Miscellaneous:
- Alice's eyes brighten when ever she uses her powers; be it elemental or enchanting

Interesting Genius

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageJack ✣ Leon ✣ Praier

Race:Mundane
Sexuality:Straight

Job/Profession: Hacker
Magic:
Fighting skills: average in hand-to-hand, below average with guns
Supernatural ability: none
Other skills: List at least three
User ImageHacker
User Imageplays guitar
User ImageGood people skills
User Imagegood driver

Description (with words): Average size, white male, blackish jeans, red shoes. Wears two jackets; one zippy hoodie with a red design on the hood and a slick jacket. He has brown hair and light brown eyes.
Personality: Roughly an easy going guy, but not entirely laid-back. He likes to stay busy, even with being unemployed. He is not one for big surprises and frankly hates them. When a situation arises, he tries to look for the quick way to defuse the situation, not always the nice way at that. He is usually in a good mood and tends to try and bring the humor out in awkward situations.. or any situation for that matter.
Backstory: You know, saying I (yes, I... what? its my bio... I can hack remember, don't question it and let me finish. -Jack) had your normal childhood and stuff really wouldn't sound right but, its true, so let skip to the good stuff! So lets begin with how I became a hacker, but for anon sake (and legal repercussions) we'll leave out names. So when I was around 13, ____ was giving me heart ache in school, so I thought it would be great to get back at them somehow. Long story short (and many searches later) I came across how to hack. of course it was rusty and I easily got caught because of all the "bread crumbs" I left. Yes, he did beat me up. But, with time, comes experience, I haven't been caught in years now (don't go tellin peeps now, I'm trusting ya).

I also had a hard time with social life too, but I don't know why? I love talking to people. I guess its because I'm just normal... perhaps to normal. I seem to blend in with groups of people I don't known and look like we've been friends for years. maybe its because I don't call them back. (that's why I haven't heard from... what was her name?). I begun to use this to my advantage, especially in cafes... I mean free wifi?? its like a hackers paradise. Lets just say I made over $2,000 dollars in 1 hour (I didn't want to take all their money, I'm not that big of a d**k). No one suspects its me, "he's way to nice," or, "Impossible, have you seen him," OOooo and my favorite; "but he's got a cute puppy," It was actually a picture of their dog I got from their laptop lol. Anyway, this seems more enjoyable than your average background story.
Fears:
      User Image wolves
      User Image guns pointed in his direction he he

Flaw: talks uncontrollably when really nervous.
He, also, carries his laptop with him wherever he goes which isn't really helpful if he's trying to run or do other things. He isn't really a runner.

Miscellaneous: always has his laptop in a sling bag.

Newbie Carnivore

6,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
User ImageAva ✣ Lee ✣ Angolia

Race: Skinwalker
Sexuality: Bisexual

Job/Profession: Gypsy Botanist
Fighting skills: Hand-to-Hand, dagger
Supernatural ability: Change into Horse and Coyote
Other skills:
User ImageGreat at telling what plants do what
User Image Agile
User Image Heightened sense of smell
User Image Fast runner

Description (with words): Ava stands at 5'7" in her human form. Her hair is dyed green due to her love of plants. Her eyes are a calming hazel. She normally wears any clothing that is comfortable, not really caring for what might be the latest fashion trends. She has an athletic build, thanks to her love of running.

Her Coyote form is a greyish-brown with hints of red on the sides of her head, muzzle and paws. She is about 30 inchs in length, not including her tail and stands at about 24 inchs.

Her Horse form is a Caspian. IT has a lovely brown coat and flowing black mane and tail. It stands at 9 hands.
Personality: With almost everyone, she is quiet and watching, as if waiting for them to do something to her. She has a hard time trusting those around her, being what she is. Despite this, she has a strong desire to help those in need, especially if it is something she can do with her plants. Being of gypsy nature, she easily becomes restless staying in one place too long, and prefers to sleep outdoors as opposed to in a room.
Backstory: Ava never knew her parents but had always been told she was special. She was found as an abandoned child in the woulds by a Native American hunting party. The tribe raised her as one of their own and when she started showing her abilities to transform, they saw her as a sign from the heavens. They taught her many things as she was growing up: How to hunt, fish, and most importantly, how to tell the difference between what plants can heal you, and those that could harm you.

Eventually she started to become restless, despite loving the family that had adopted her. She bid them farewell in her 18th birthday, promising one day to return. Through her travels, rumors reached her ears of how others viewed those with her unique abilities and some of them scared her. She decided, that until she returned home, she would try to keep her changing a secret.
Fears:
      User ImageBeing found out and hunted
      User Imageenclosed spaces

Flaw: Ava gets spooked easily. She almost always chooses flight over fight.
Miscellaneous: Always carries various herbs in a deer skin pouch slung across her shoulder that was made by her adoptive mother.
User Image

Dorian ✣ Allan ✣ McInnes

Race: Human - Sorcerer

Job/Profession: Gambler/Conman; S.W.O.R.D. Guardian
Magic: Is accomplished with Sorcery and has the spellbook to back it up. Focuses his magic through cards in order to better direct them and reduce personal strain.
Fighting skills: Commonly carries a butterfly knife as well as multiple decks of cards and is accomplished with the 'Spray and Pray' technique associated with machine guns of all sorts. Owns a M1921 Thompson Submachine Gun (complete with a violin case to carry it in) that he says he won from Al Capone himself.
Supernatural ability: Sorcery, Eternal Youth (Appearance, not exactly health) and heightened luck
Other skills:
User Image Shooting
User Image Cardsharping
User Image Plays Violin
User Image Minor Enchanting

Description (with words): Dorian stands at about 5'9'' and weighs in at 140 lbs. He looks youthful and carries himself well, dressing in nice suits and always sporting a fedora. He has long, slicked back black hair and looks like he walked right out of the 1920's. (He did) Randomly develops symptoms of old age, which are of heightened severity when he uses a lot of magic over a short period of time, so it is not uncommon to see his brilliantly green eyes clouded with cataracts. Never far from a smile, he has a clean shaven face and brilliant white teeth.
Personality: Has a very devil may care take on life and is extroverted and studious. Prefers to be honest, sometimes overly so and can read people as if they were simply written books. Always ready with a smile and a quick joke or willing to lend an ear to a friend.
Backstory: Dorian was born slightly before the Roaring 20's in the heart of Chicago. His parents were relatively well off until their abrupt deaths when he was 8 (later found to be the work of dark sorcerers) left him penniless and without a home. He spent the better part of his youth in the streets, learning to survive on what he could or what he had, until the age of 14, when an estranged uncle found him and began to teach him of his past. Dorian learned that he was a sorcerer and what magic was and how to use it. He also learned how to run.
His uncle owed money to the wrong people and constantly had to duck and dodge. For 6 years, Dorian ran and learned magic and ran some more. At the age of 20, the mob finally caught up to his uncle and collected their debt. Rather than lash out and destroy them all with magic, he decided to con his way in and became established as a low level face man for deals. When not working, he spent much of his time learning to gamble, fight, shoot, drink and kept practicing magic. And it was good for 7 years. But at the age of 27, he attempted too great of a con (on another member of the Supernatural community none-the-less) and was cursed with the appearance of endless youth while suffering from fluctuating degrees of overall aging (cataracts, arthritis, memory loss and a plethora of other old people problems) but never with any seemingly permanent damage. So he lived his life on the run, never staying one place too long, always running the perfect con or winning hand after hand of poker (his preferred gambling game) and hunting for the Witch's Bloodline that had cursed him, while researching how to counteract the curse itself. Eventually he found the S.W.O.R.D. Organization and became a junior agent, never aspiring to go higher than the entry level.
Fears:
      User Image Loss of the Curse
      User Image Dying alone (given that he has lost so many people already)

Flaw: Overconfidence; Fluctuating Old-Age Problems

Miscellaneous: His magic tends to manifest in card suits or tarot suits (Clubs, Diamonds, Spades, Hearts, Swords, Wands, Disks, Cups and occasionally, on really big spells, a Major/Minor Arcana symbol, like Scales for Judgement, etc) and he is Wiccan in his 'religious' beliefs.

8,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User ImageLee ✣ Eric

Race: Unseelie Fae (related to Redcaps)

Job/Profession: Pawn shop broker. Owns The Red Hand on Dragon Alley
Magic: Lee, like all fae, has Fae glamour which he can use to appear to look differently to humans. This magic works on non-human races on a case-by-case basis, depending on the person and how much work Lee puts into it.
Fighting skills: Lee has extensive fighting skills in both hand-to-hand combat as well as with a staff, his preferred weapon, or a sword. He does not use any ranged weaponry, and considers the use of them quite cowardly. He carries a collapsible staff with him at all times as well as a switchblade.
Supernatural ability: Lee has the ability to regenerate at an accelerated pace and has heightened reflexes which aid him greatly in fighting. He also has an unusual form of bloodlust (see flaws) due to his supernatural nature which grants him this added agility and ferocity.
Other skills:
User Image Cutting deals
User Image Intimidation
User Image Observant
User Image Can smell blood, much like a bloodhound or werewolf

Description (with words): Lee is a tall man, reaching nearly six feet in height with a slender build. When he isn't using his glamour, he has dark brown curly hair and dark eyes that don't reflect light quite right and often wears business clothing and a leather jacket with red piping. His ears are ever so slightly pointed, but usually obscured by his hair. He carries a surprisingly heavy steel-tipped black walking stick that expands into a staff when commanded, and often carries a switchblade in his pocket. Lee walks very crisply and moves with such precision it normally makes him stand out slightly, even when he has adopted his fae glamour. Also, the palm of his right hand is usually red, especially after a battle. He frequently wears a glove on that hand.
Personality: Lee is a hard man who has seen a lot in his lifetime. He doesn't generally have interest in the fortunes of others, and holds people to their word with any force necessary, regardless of the consequences. He doesn't accept excuses and makes no exceptions when bargains are struck. He is a hard man to befriend and for the most part has allies and people who owe him favors in place of friends. He is cunning and decisive and has a commanding presence. Other than himself, the only thing he really cares about is the Shade and it's continuing functioning existence. Lee has a streak of arrogance to him and what humor he has is very sarcastic.
Backstory: Lee Eric was created into existence as Ly Erg, an unseelie fae. While few people know of his origins before he came to Shade, he has made quite a name for himself in the undercity as a broker of rare artifacts, unusual objects and very occasionally, information. His shop, The Red Hand, is located in Dragon Alley and holds hundreds of unusual items, for the right buyer at the right price. Lee has earned his reputation as a man you just don't cross, unless you are fine with seeing your own blood on the pavement. He doesn't do charity and doesn't help people for free, but he will gladly assist anyone willing to pay.

For reasons unknown, Lee has an intense dislike of other fae, and will not tolerate them in his shop or in his presence unless there is no avoiding it. Of all the races, he gets along with vampires the best, but considers them to be amateurs. He lives in a flat above his shop on Dragon Alley and visits the Dead Jackal every night at exactly 9:12 p.m.
Fears:
      User Image Losing what little control he has
      User Image His debt to Mab being called in

Flaw: Bloodlust. This is not triggered by the sight of blood, but rather by the challenge or opportunity to fight. He is completely unable to resist the challenge of a battle and will not stop until his enemy has been killed or, at the VERY least, has spilt a decent amount of blood. He has no control over this bloodlust, and if he is not drawn into a fight for an amount of time, he will be compelled to provoke one in order to spill more blood.

Miscellaneous: For reasons he refuses to elaborate on, he owes Queen Mab, the head of the Unseelie Fae, a large debt which someday she will call in...

Wrathful Demigod

12,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Devin ✣ Vincent ✣ Sinclair

Race: Severely Tainted Human

Job/Profession: Hitman
Fighting skills: Proficient with a pistol and a switchblade; also versed in hand-to-hand combat, particularly in takedowns.
Supernatural ability: Connection to a guardian Lesser Demon; he bears the demon’s mark, some sort of arachnid, on his right shoulder. The connection causes him to give off a dark, unsettling aura, and has resulted in several unusual handicaps as he’s aged, including a severe contact allergy to glass, putting out light sources he comes too close to, an inability to comprehend any sort of time-telling device (though he still understands the concept of time), and most recently developing selective mutism, occasionally becoming unable to speak until the person he is conversing with says the correct trigger word, which seems to be constantly changing (he can still communicate non-verbally), or until the conversation is over.
User ImageNever forgets a face once he’s seen it, nor where he saw it; this includes photos.
User ImageEfficient at covering up crime scenes or other such unpleasantries.
User ImageAn excellent intimidator, even of non-human entities. He can't intimidate everyone, though; he's only human, after all.

Description (with words): Devin is a tall, lean man of about 6’4’’. His hair is artificially dyed a metallic silver, though it is naturally blonde, and falls down to his chin, his long bangs commonly falling in front of his face. His grayish-blue eyes are often far more expressive than the rest of his face. There is a large black tattoo-like mark on his right shoulder of some sort of arachnid, though it’s definitely not anything that exists on Earth. His clothing of choice is usually jeans and a casual button-up shirt covered with a long-sleeved jacket.

Personality: Devin is a quiet man who largely keeps to himself; whether this is out of preference or due to his dark aura pushing people away isn’t entirely clear. He has no respect for traditional authority; his respect is earned. No exceptions. He has little regard for human and non-human life, but at the same time he takes no particular pleasure in killing; it’s simply part of his job.

Devin may become violent when provoked; how much it takes to provoke him really depends on the day and the situation. His violence can range from attempting to choke the person who provoked him to outright drawing a gun on them. He is, usually, slow to anger, but he is also slow to calm down afterwards; he may literally need to be pulled off of someone before he’ll finally begin to calm down.

Despite his somewhat tough demeanor, Devin is somewhat insecure when it comes to dealing with others; he knows how fragile his human body is compared to other creatures, and often gets nervous when traversing through the Shade, despite him doing so on a regular basis. As a result, he is most comfortable when he knows his guardian demon is nearby, relying on the mental connection the two share to comfort himself in dangerous situations. He may become very nervous if for whatever reason he cannot feel the connection between himself and the demon, or otherwise senses that the demon is not nearby.

Backstory: Devin’s connection with his guardian demon began at birth, a condition of a contract his parents signed with the demon: Their child would be protected from the threats of their very dangerous neighborhood, but in return he would also gain a mental link with the being that would grow stronger as he aged. The contract was not particularly specific as to what this mental link would mean, but it became evident as Devin got older that there was something…off about him. Other children seemed to fear him without cause, he unnerved his teachers despite never having acted up in class, and most perplexing he would scream in agony if he so much as touched anything made of glass. These issues eventually got severe enough that Devin had to be homeschooled, further isolating him from others his age.

Devin became actively aware of the demon that walked in his shadow when he was ten years old, when it began speaking to him in his mind and visiting him in his room soon afterwards; while he was initially terrified by the being, he eventually began to view the demon as a comforting presence, as well as the only human or non-human that didn’t seem to be bothered by his own presence. It was around this time that his unusual handicaps began multiplying: putting out lightbulbs and candles at age ten, losing his ability to understand clocks at age eighteen, and developing his selective mutism at age twenty-four. The whole time, his dark, unsettling aura continued to intensify, to the point where his own parents couldn’t stand to be around him anymore due to powerful feelings of uneasiness. His guardian demon became his only consistent company, and he gradually became more dependent on the dark being as his handicaps got worse.

Devin’s job as a hitman started when he was nineteen, oddly enough after answering to a classified ad in a less-savory printed publication; he now advertises his services via subtle fliers in the parts of town where they’d be appreciated. He does not deal with his clients in person; the only contact he ever has with them is over the phone or in writing. He has been known to do jobs both on the surface and within the Shade, and as a result he is quite familiar with the types of creatures that linger beneath the city.

Fears:
      User ImageThe day when his guardian demon’s influence over him overwhelms his free will.
      User ImageAt the same time, fears his guardian demon not being there when he needs it.

Flaw: Aside from his various taint-induced handicaps, Devin has a hard time conversing with people in a calm, rational manner once he’s become provoked, preferring to express his displeasure with a hand around the other person’s throat rather than words.

Miscellaneous: Devin has been slinking around in the Shade a lot more often than normal in recent months, at the request of his guardian demon. He has no idea what it is the being wants him to look for; it only tells him “he’ll know it when he sees it”.

Devin's guardian demon has been described as a mixture of humanoid and some sort of alien arachnid. It wields a form of magic that resembles shadows and dark wisps of energy, which may manifest itself around Devin when it is particularly close; Devin cannot, however, actually wield whatever manifests around him - this is just the demon projecting some of its magic around the young man, using Devin as a form of focus. Even if the demon does not project its magic when approaching, Devin may begin to act very oddly when it draws near; his eyes may go oddly out of focus, his speech patterns may become erratic, or he may begin to shake violently for no apparent reason.

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageKaeden ✣ Arcturus ✣ Bailey

Race: Tainted Human

Job/Profession: SWORD Warden / Non-lethal drill instructor
Magic: N/A
Fighting skills: Extensive training in Krav Maga with attention to utilizing a Karambit knife in the style
Supernatural ability:
Tainted Curse: Inability to feel natural emotion
Tainted Curse: Empathic visions (involuntarily triggered by touch)
User Image Talented actor
User Image Stamina
User Image Minor metalworking
User Image Concealment training

Description (with words): Kaeden is an average sized man, standing at 5’9’’ and weighing in around 192 pounds on a good day. He has soft-black hair (greying) and amber eyes. Since his police days he has long given up the “clean-cut” look and has let his hair grow to a medium length and he keeps a decently thick scruff about his face. He is also sporting an old scar running down the length, over his eye, of the right side of his face. He is considered to have a very “rough and grizzled” look to him.

The tattoos present on his arms could be considered somewhat strange and tribal in their make and it is noteworthy that he did not have these marking before he was tainted. Generally, Kaeden is covered from neck to foot in fitting but nonrestrictive clothing.

Personality: These days Kaeden is considered to be “near-unapproachable”. He is very “to the letter”, reserved, and doesn’t react to a handful of social queues; although, if you can get past his general unpleasantness he can be somewhat enjoyable and extremely trustworthy. Kaeden loves to make jokes, most of which are more like dark/dry humor than anything, and he often tries to put situations into perspective with a quip of sorts. Often times, however, these jokes aren’t appreciated since they tend to be truths that Kaeden considers “laughable”.

Kaeden’s strongest traits are his dependability, his respect for others personal lives, and his “live and let live” attitude.

Backstory: Before his tainting, before becoming a SWORD member, before learned about the “other” world and all its secrets Kaeden was a what could be considered a normal, honest, and hardworking man. When he was young, living in the most rural areas just outside Newford, Kaeden used to dream of becoming a detective – he and his Scottish deerhound Sebastian. The pair were constantly involved in some shenanigan or another right up until the day that Sebastian passed away – Kaeden was 13 at the time and he never quite got over it. The young man was convinced that someone or something had to be responsible for his best friend being taken from him and he dedicated his existence to searching for clues, anything, that might be able to uncover the truth. There was no truth to be found, his buddy had simply passed on, but he didn’t want to let it go.

As soon as he was able Kaeden went through police academy and joined the police force. The time he would spend in the force taught him a lot, showed him a lot, and the things he saw only reinforced his suspicion with some kind of supernatural world. It was these years that Kaeden met the woman he would marry, he was head-over-heels and settled down quickly. The two purchased a home in the city and adopted a five-year old girl not too long after Kaeden was promoted to Police Detective Sergeant; Kaeden was 31 at the time. Prior to this Kaeden hadn’t managed to find any proof of a hidden world but eventually with the help of his newly adopted daughter, whom turned out to have metahuman abilities, Kaeden was finally able to take one step closer to the truth of the world: The Shade.

The next few years were extremely enlightening for Kaeden as he learned about The Shade, about his little girl and her power (the ability to call upon the memories of others), about the complexities of this underground world hidden in the very cracks of the mundane. Kaeden began to stick his nose a little too deep into where he was not particularly wanted and eventually found himself face to face with a member of some kind of organization known as SWORD – apparently some kind of “other-worldly” police.

Eight years ago the detective’s curiosity got the best of him and it would change his life forever – what better way to learn about and uncover the secrets of such a discreet world than to join it. The way Kaeden saw it there was one way: he needed to somehow become otherworldy himself. And so enters the lesser demon known as Ba’rune – he embodied ambition, trade, and deals. Ba’rune promised “the power to ignore all emotion, all fear, all sorrow, all joy, unless physical touched by another.” Eight years ago Kaeden struck a deal with demon. Seven and a half years ago he joined the SWORDs to protect people from the mistake he had made. Six years ago his wife divorced him and took his baby girl with her. Four years ago Kaeden became a SWORD Warden.

Fears:
      User Image Deep fear of triggering his visions/deep fear of feeling emotion.
      User Image Completely losing his family because of his "condition."

Flaw: Literally can’t feel emotion but attempts to anyway.
He will do whatever it takes to accomplish his goals and protect what he believes in (this has gotten even worse since his “tainting”).

Miscellaneous: Has a metalwork-shop (more like a shed) located on the edge of Newford. Has a Touched daughter named Tabitha (16 years of age).

Vicious Soldier

11,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
James ✣ Michael ✣ Fitzgerald

Race: Tainted/Touched
Sexuality: Straight

Job/Profession: Wealthy shareholder of various different businesses.
Magic: Known to use many different types of magic and has often brought the dead back on Halloween.
Fighting skills: Prefers to shoot first and ask questions the whole time. As an agile man, he, obviously, makes an agile fighter. However, he isn't used to fighting himself, and often employs others to do the dirty work.
Supernatural ability: James was already a charming person before he gained his powers, with them he is overwhelmingly charming and usually gets whatever he wants. However, he is also cursed in that he cannot lie which forces him to either change the subject or tell the ugly truth.
Other skills:
User Image Incredibly good with money.
User Image A very sociable person and quick with a joke.
User Image Incredibly accurate with his handgun.
User Image Knows how to cook one helluva breakfast.

Description (with words): Tall and slim figured, his jet black hair is usually gelled back. His physique isn't impressive at all due to his lack of exercise, and he's only slim thanks to a high metabolism. James usually has a small amount of facial hair, never a full beard. Accustom to wearing suits and other high fashion, he's rarely seen in anything other than Hugo Boss.
Personality: Madness, insanity, crazy, all of these words can only touch the surface of his plagued and ill mind that has so often come into the possession of resources desired to those much more capable. His eyes plant toe seeds of doubt, his tongue speaks the truth, whether you'd hear it or not. His weapon is his charm and politeness, the way he carries himself is that of an ancient king. James has the luck of the Devil and cunning to use it whenever he pleases. With a killer's heart and a politicians mind, he is a dangerous sort. And not one to be crossed.
Backstory: James was born into an already wealthy family that dominated the corporate marketplace. His father was a TV director who made almost his whole fortune on game shows that scammed the contestants into losing almost all of their money. His mother was a young trophy wife who stayed at home with James almost his whole life. When James was sixteen his grandmother passed and gave her whole one million dollar fortune over to James as a "birthday present." From there, James bought shares of Microsoft and Apple, both of which exploded and, after turning 21, he turned the shares in and made an easy six million dollars.

However, despite his genius spending and shareholding, James suffered from a plague of the mind. He had sociopathic tendencies mixed with psychosis, which made him an unsavory individual when he was angry. James had been known to bring women home with him when he was eighteen, and they'd never be seen or heard from again. Rumors quickly spread that he was killing them, but due to a lack of proof and evidence, he was never brought to trial. Women kept disappearing for years up until the police decided to investigate his basement. Once again, they found nothing. James had hidden the corpses of his lovers in the walls, and each time the police investigated their disappearances, they would always find an empty room with nothing more than a few exercise bikes. James was able to escape the police and their questions up until he received his curse. Unable to lie to the police anymore, James retreated far away to the city of Newford Nebraska.
Fears:
      User Image A fear of rabbits.
      User Image The fear of thunderstorms.

Flaw: Because he can't lie, he must always tell the truth no matter how much it would hurt himself or the other person.

Miscellaneous: (anything extra goes here)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff