Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aekea Scarface

It's not like I expect this to be thriving, but since the Ministry of Malcontent is now considered to be "old and decrepit," I thought it would be nice to have a place to poke in every once in a while.

A brief update of my life: I recently graduated college with a BS in psychology. It's still so weird to think that I joined Gaia when I was in 8th grade.

[in before, "I haven't been here in forever!"]

Aekea Scarface

Sometimes I wonder if I should try to get one of my poems published in a magazine {even a web-magazine} or something. The issue is that a lot of things I've seen published are relatively lengthy poems compared to mine. I could go the self-publishing route, but that feels like cheating. Then again, I'm not doing it to make money. xD

That reminds me. I need to organize my poems. I've only saved 152 of them {not including collaborations, which I also have saved}. It'll be interesting to see if I can find a common thread.

Proxy Autobiographer

7,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN FOREV- oh. Hey.

Aside from the poetry that may be excavated from Gaia's archives, I think all of my notepad files are still on my old, barely-functioning laptop. I should probably recover those at some point. Maybe.

Aekea Scarface

I have all mine* saved in a Microsoft Word document.

*by which I mean all the ones I find bearable. x}

I found the old "MaMa T's School for Newbies" thread today. It's almost 10 years old. Dang.

Proxy Autobiographer

7,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Conventioneer 300
0-DCB
It's almost 10 years old. Dang.

'Scuse me, I think I left my walker on the other side of the room. gonk

Also, holy balloons, Batman, check out the INFLATION! I mean, I guess I always expected items to get more expensive as the site went on, but it's still startling to see marketplace items in the billions.

Aekea Scarface

Yeah, it started when Gaia released "Flynn's Blunder," which gave a lot of gold. Instead of simply making it a one-time deal, they continuously release it and similar items. The economy on Gaia is pretty much all screwed up now. Being a millionaire on Gaia now is like having 100k two years ago.

I've thought about making a solid avatar and selling everything else, but I'd probably regret it later.

Also, 99% of the announcements are useless. There's no point in reading them.

Aekea Scarface

Sometimes, I get these inclinations to write these intricate poems. However, as soon as I start, they putter out after the first five lines.
Oh well. xD

Proxy Autobiographer

7,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Intricate shmintricate.

Oh hey, add a line break, and you have my first new poem in years! SHE'S BACK, BOYS AND GIRLS! biggrin

Aekea Scarface

I'm purposefully looking up my old old poems because I want to make a collective with them. So far, I'm just subscribing to the threads without reading the poems or the comments. Oh man when I get to reading! xDD

Also, I'd be more inclined to post in the Facebook group if it wasn't public. Very few of my irl friends know I have an account {much less know about the site} here on Gaia.
Maybe I'll just make a new FB account with a pseudonym and join the group again. xD

Aekea Scarface

I'm realizing that my old dentist was not good. I just changed dentists, and they found a lot of little micro-cavities that the previous one never mentioned. I'm happy they're filled, but now the top of my lip is numb.

Aekea Scarface

Maybe it's because I posted there nearly every day, but sometimes I find it hard to believe that {for me at least} the Op/l was only fully active for about two and a half years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff