Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    Oh, no no no. It's fine! Honest!
    I'm just not feeling well right now and had a rocky day.
    But it's okay! I don't mind chatting at all. I just lack of interesting / useful things to say.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
If you're certain, then.

So uh, idle chatter. What sorta stuff do you like, outside of RPing. *Imaginary couch flop.*

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    The general things I guess?
    Drawing, anime, manga, videogames, sleeping, haha.
    What about you?

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
Hur, much the same. I'm playing Majora's Mask in light of its re-release (the N64 version, I don't own a 3DS), it's my favorite Zelda game and among my top favorites of all time for the atmosphere. I tend to like games that have really interesting atmosphere, like Yume Nikki and Earthbound, great stories, like Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger, and really fun gameplay, like the Mega Man series and Cave Story. How 'bout you?

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    I want to play the 3DS version so badly.
    But I spent my money on purchasing Persona 3 FES for the PS2. That game broke my heart.

But there are tons of games that I like and have enjoyed. I'm dinking around on Tales of Xillia 2, trying to finish paying back that debt in the game for the secret cutscene. Even if I already know what it is, I plan on seeing it firsthand, haha.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
I picked up a copy for one of my friends. I hope they play it/enjoy it as much as I do.

I've never played anything in the Persona series, mostly because I've never owned the systems. One of my other friends really likes it. It's an RPG with dating sim elements, right?

And yeah, there's a few things I've wanted to experience myself, even if I've seen it in a video or something. Just to have that feeling of accomplishment n' stuff.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    I hope they enjoy it too. =)

I've only played P3 and P4, so I don't know how different they are from the rest of the Persona series.
    But they are an RPG type of game. Dating is an option if you really want but it's not a key thing for the series.
    Just building your social links really helps. Since the higher the link, the better your teammates become.
    And if you max them out, you get good demons and fusions and things. Or at least in P3 and P4 you do.
    That's also a thing in Devil Survivor 1 and 2.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
Yeah, some of that sounds familiar, from bits I've heard from my friend talking about it. I guess they're just games I'd have to play to understand the intrigue - it seems like everyone I talk to adores the Persona series. To go on a bit of a tangent, it feels as though games with a lot of social interaction - dating sims, visual novels, etc. - are all the rage, but they're not styles of games that appeal to me. It kinda sucks, though, because then I feel like there's this huge disconnect between me and a lot of other people that I think are pretty cool, who are infatuated with themes that are common in those types of games. It makes me feel old or something.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    "Dating" stood out more in Persona 4 than it did in Persona 3, in my opinion.
    But I hardly focused on that aspect of the game. I wasn't that interested in it, even if it was funny in P4.
    I can understand the dislike of dating sims but I can also see the appeal. [/shrug] To each their own though. :)

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
It's particularly strange for me because I actually like romance as a theme, and I have ever since I was a kid. I think the difference between what I like and what others like comes from how it takes place. I like to see the characters endure hardship and find things about one another that make them wanna be together. It feels, to me, that a lot of other people wanna see characters flirt a bunch, then shove them together while going "NOW KISS!" or something.

Lightbringer

Alright, so here's a brief concept.

At the sudden death of the king, his only heir is forced to take the throne of a nation in turmoil. Trade is poor, the kingdom's people suffer, there is talk of war in distant lands growing closer by the day, and noble families conspire to take the throne for themselves. With most of the king's council having fled to join the most powerful families in hope of earning favor, the heir is left with one person to rely on - their servant of unwavering commitment of the same age. The heir attempts to navigate the world of politics with their limited knowledge, calling on the aid of their servant to tip the scales in their favor and save the kingdom from destroying itself.

I think it might be a bit too heavy on the political side from the description for your liking, but I'm working on it. I'm trying to pick out elements I think you like.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    Sorry! I was distracted with Gaia's V-Day event and doing crappy arts.
    But your idea does sound interesting. Though perhaps a bit too political based, not that it's a bad thing.
    I'm just bad with politics, haha, orz. But it still sounds interesting.
If you're still looking for an RP, and Takarashi too if he's interested, I have one I'm trying to recruit for.

I'm currently looking for players for a supernatural high school RP. In summary, members of a club, as well as random students at the school, are awakening latent, magical abilities based off their spirits and past lives. Though the source of the power is the same, each instance should be unique almost similar to anime or manga series like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Busou Renkin, or Nobunagun. If you're interested, please post your character request in this thread.

Lightbringer

Sonpi-Chan
I'm not much of a fan of politics either, I was just trying to make something that 'made sense' to give the characters some opposition. I dunno why I didn't consider it earlier, but we could just straight up play out the same story in The Servant of Evil - I was just trying to do something a little different so it wouldn't be the absolute same.

@ Shichi, I'll pass, sorry. It's not really what I'm looking for right now. I'm impressed by the robustness of the rulebook though. Nice work.

Loyal Codger

Takarashi
    I understand not wanting to do something the same as another.
    That's why I prefer AU scenarios for series, so I'm not doing what the story already is or whatever.

ShichiNoBushi
    I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that as well.
    Good luck on finding people for it though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff