Welcome to Gaia! ::

Single Sex Symbol

My best friend just got engaged ~a month ago. I've really been struggling with telling her how I feel about the guy she's engaged to. She knows that I don't like him, but it's more than that. I don't think he deserves her and is no good for her. I don't want to hurt her feelings because she's so happy about it but this guy...I don't know. He's 23, has no job, and lives with his mom. He doesn't even try to find work (she's been asking him for months). I guess the heart wants what the heart wants but I feel like I'm doing her a disservice as her best friend by not telling her how awful I think he is for her.
What do you think I should do?

Super Protagonist

12,040 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Survivor 150
He sounds like a keeper.
rolleyes

Demonic Dragon

20,150 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
As someone who did exactly what your friend is doing...

She'll grow out of it when she is ready to, and not a minute before. All your protesting will be for nothing...although if you do it anyway, you'll be able to tell her 'I told you so' 5 years down the road.

Unsealed Lunatic

Its her choice at the end of the day. I'd sit and talk to her about it, but hey, she's a big girl now and she has to live with the decisions she makes.

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Let her fall face first on the asphalt. She'll learn.

Single Sex Symbol

Masqueraide
He sounds like a keeper.
rolleyes

Yeah...
She has pretty low self esteem and thinks that he's just perfect for her but sometimes, I seriously want to smack her as say "he's obviously using you!" but...I don't have the courage to ruin her happiness sad

Lonely Wolf

Let them do what they want

Super Protagonist

12,040 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Survivor 150
Obviously A Wizard
Masqueraide
He sounds like a keeper.
rolleyes

Yeah...
She has pretty low self esteem and thinks that he's just perfect for her but sometimes, I seriously want to smack her as say "he's obviously using you!" but...I don't have the courage to ruin her happiness sad

Are you close friends?

Single Sex Symbol

Jianichie

People keep telling me that but I care too much about her to let that happen...they also say I'm trying to save her when she obviously doesn't want to be saved...I just hate faking it in front of her

Single Sex Symbol

Masqueraide
Obviously A Wizard
Masqueraide
He sounds like a keeper.
rolleyes

Yeah...

Are you close friends?

Best friends...

Witty Phantom

Oh my god sounds like the guy I wanted to date.

Honey save her.

Heart Wrangler

you tell her, she thinks you're misjudging him and he will tell her you're a beeotch for saying anything
the relationship goes sour because he likely won't change
she realizes you were right all along

OMG Dragon's Husband

Invisible Gaian

Obviously A Wizard
Jianichie

People keep telling me that but I care too much about her to let that happen...they also say I'm trying to save her when she obviously doesn't want to be saved...I just hate faking it in front of her
Don't fake anything. Make your point clear you do not support her decisions but in turn you must understand you have no rights to intervene. It sucks watching close friends get roped into dumb situations but sometimes all you can do is be there for them after the crossfire.

Single Sex Symbol

DragonMistress
As someone who did exactly what your friend is doing...

She'll grow out of it when she is ready to, and not a minute before. All your protesting will be for nothing...although if you do it anyway, you'll be able to tell her 'I told you so' 5 years down the road.

The thing is, I don't know if she will. This is her 3rd engagement and she's only 22...

OG Kitten

unless she learns on her own
there is nothing u can do sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out