Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Things

hell yeah 0.17647058823529 17.6% [ 15 ]
can't afford 0.68235294117647 68.2% [ 58 ]
you mom buys me new things 0.14117647058824 14.1% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Rare

I don't have to repeat any information about the inflation, as much as nonGCDers like to make threads about it like it's something not discussed to death. However, you have to realize that through it I've reached a happy problem: since I can't buy any new items, I don't really feel the need to anymore. I have some things which I could sell to buy random rereleases (my Untoten Gegner fluctuates around a few hundred mils) but I don't want to even hold pure anymore because it just becomes worth less and less (I currently have 7k).

However, the items I've collected over time have made a nice stock in which I can now make new, simple avatars forever-- I'm still sad that coordinated clutter has died. It's really refreshing to just kind of exist on Gaia and watch the beginning of it all coming down.

Discuss:

-Are you at a point where you don't/can't buy new items anymore and instead just work with what you have?
-The gold shops have been a lifesaver to me, and I can now actually afford D*C quite easily. Have you been using the gold shops?
-Are you so sick of inflation you just get satisfaction now from watching the MP graph and Gaia's eventual fall?

Devoted Husband

Bada-bing. That's what I do. If there's a point anymore to doing anything else, it's completely gone over my head.

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Well for me it comes down to my own perception of the value of the item, I've never been one to chase after those RIG pets or super expensive high end prizes because in my mind I could get a whole bunch of cheaper unpopular prizes and make something out of that. but now that the low end stuff can cost you millions its kind of sad.

I've just become really really stingy on what I buy now, my means of making gold is to save up daily treat cash and buy an item to sell (I don't want to use gold generators) that and I hope and wait for item generators or bundles that will cause some stuff to go down in price.
- Yes I am.
- Same here. Yes.
- Yes.

All I do now is work what I have and lurk.
Gave up on getting new s**t.
/slithers into darkness.

Kawaii Nerd

-Are you at a point where you don't/can't buy new items anymore and instead just work with what you have?

Yes, all the new items that I want have been priced in the billions

-The gold shops have been a lifesaver to me, and I can now actually afford D*C quite easily. Have you been using the gold shops?

a few months ago, I could only look, now I can go there without a problem. I've always used the gold shops whenever I make an avi its always some gold some cash items

-Are you so sick of inflation you just get satisfaction now from watching the MP graph and Gaia's eventual fall?

No, some people dont really care

Magical Star

I like working with what I have and I do use gold shops. (:

Winner

Thanks to inflation and rapid ups/downs in the market, I'm actually able to afford whatever the hell I want, except for a few REALLY out-there items (cough, halo).

No. I might buy the wings from Loyal because they're very cheap for backwings, but ehhh.. Pass on gold shops.

I love watching MP graph cus it's a good gauge of when to buy & sell. Don't care otherwise.

Handsome Man-Lover

I've never been gold-rich, since I usually either buy new items directly from the cash shop or buy them when they deflate from rereleases.

I have my limits when it comes to the price of an item, even if I really really like it. That goes both for the cash shop and the mp. The more they release over a shorter span of time, the more I start to consider my choices carefully and whether I really need any of it. So I guess I'd say I've gotten a lot more picky razz

I've never judged items by their pricetag though, but simply by their usability. My inventory is chockfull of goldshop items.
Today I tried to come up with a avatar made up of only gold shop items as a lot of the outfits I create tend to use expensive items. It was a bit of challenge but I had fun with it.
At the same time I am still fond of expensive items and couldn't fully fill my wardrobe with just gold shop items.
Part of me is wondering whether it would be better to make one avatar that I can stick too. The difficult with that is actually finding the items in the Marketplace. Some of them don't have listings, others just fluctuate in price or are just way too expensive.
All in all, I'm pretty confused with my avatar. What used to be one of the biggest draws of the website for me is becoming something annoying.

Enduring Spirit

User Image
I'm actually on a journey to have that one avatar I love a lot to not care much about changing. I will still like new items, but I would be more careful on what I want to put on my avi.
User Image

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
- Are you at a point where you don't/can't buy new items anymore and instead just work with what you have?

I've been at that point since long before hyperinflation became a major problem.

- The gold shops have been a lifesaver to me, and I can now actually afford D*C quite easily. Have you been using the gold shops?

I've never been able to afford items from D*C, and I most likely never will. The other gold shops are fair game for me, though.

- Are you so sick of inflation you just get satisfaction now from watching the MP graph and Gaia's eventual fall?

I honestly couldn't care less.

Stellar Succubus

I've gotten a lot better at tuning items out, especially if they're almost perfect but not quite smile

Golden Gawker

>>>: I haven't stopped caring about new items, but I have stopped
caring about ever trying to get them. After ten years here I'm at the point
where I'm satisfied with my inventory. I still like looking at the new items
and such, but I don't feel the need to get them, even if I should happen to
like anything they release.

Tactical Superhero

I decide to do the same thing. 3nodding Although there are items I see around that I like, I don't become too obsessed with getting them. And yes, I have started using the goldshops and I can't believe what heaven it is there! Gotta love affording DC

Fluffy Trickster

Sort of, I have a new policy of ignoring item that I can't afford.
Off to wishlist! if I am somewhat interested just so I remember I like that item at one point of time.
I have some outfit saved and I don't mind stuck with alternating with them until Gaia ended.

I still keep up to date to news of new items though, but not chasing after them
it has become freeing and much more relaxing in Gaia

Gold shop has always been something I make use of,
but it has become more frequent as I get the chance to try them all out again

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items