Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Tycoon

13,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
The captcha for fishing is incredibly difficult to make out half of the time. I tend to spend more time trying to figure out the captcha so I can save than I spent actually fishing. I can't even imagine how many people stopped fishing because they got fed up with trying to decipher the captcha code in between full buckets. I've had to give up quite a few buckets simply because captcha took too long to figure out and I needed to get going somewhere.

Please make the captcha images easier to read. Change the font, space out the letters, make real words so people can at least guess, give room for error, etc.

I, personally, think it's difficult to tell m's apart from n's when the the letters transition from white to black. It's also difficult to tell "u" apart from "ll" (double lowercase "L" wink and "II" (double capital "i" wink on captcha due to the font used for captcha.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aekea Soldier

Well, you notice the border tight around the actual captcha? The one that looks like it's made out of sticks.

It's designed and coded to fit these relatively small captchas. Other, more readable captchas, are larger. You see, the captchas themselves are generated by a third part, not gaia. To change captchas, they'd have to go in and fiddle with the game code. Possibly breaking the game forever.

Just keep plenty of calming medicine nearby when it's time to save a bucket.

Tipsy Tycoon

13,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Amrafel
Well, you notice the border tight around the actual captcha? The one that looks like it's made out of sticks.

It's designed and coded to fit these relatively small captchas. Other, more readable captchas, are larger. You see, the captchas themselves are generated by a third part, not gaia. To change captchas, they'd have to go in and fiddle with the game code. Possibly breaking it forever.

D:

Oh dear. I suppose that would be an even bigger issue, wouldn't it?
Thank you for your response.
<3

I guess I will have to take a trip to the pharmacy, haha.

High-functioning Bunny

18,125 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
You know what, I recently had this issue too. I tried to start fishing again but it took me 10 captchas to get one right. I don't remember them being so hard to figure out.

Unbeatable Warrior

28,015 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Amrafel

It's designed and coded to fit these relatively small captchas. Other, more readable captchas, are larger. You see, the captchas themselves are generated by a third part, not gaia. To change captchas, they'd have to go in and fiddle with the game code. Possibly breaking the game forever.

not all readable captchas are larger. marapets, a site i play very rarely, has small nice and neat captchas, smaller than the fishing ones. I am not sure what captcha system they use though or i would have just named it and not the site.

Aged Gaian

15,600 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gaian 50
I honestly have the same captcha or similar ones and I'm not having an issue getting them correct. However I think if you miss the capatcha by one letter it won't accept it. I've been fishing for a while now & it's not really an issue.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
How the Captchas are now is really annoying. I've fished a few times and it's just really hard to read them and very easy to be off by one letter or two. I hope Gaia talks to their third party about fixing this issue. Plenty of Gaians have a hard time with it. Some of my friends have tried doing over 10 attempts and just give up on their buckets because of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff