• Mega Tipsy 100
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Gets fired from own promotion.

Creates new promotion.

He quit, actually.

I was told Dixie bought TNA out, and then fired him.

In storyline, yes. In real life, he had sold his shares of the company a while ago and quit just this past year.

Either way, I look forward to Global Force. TNA was at least acceptable, while under his command. It wasn't until Hogan started ******** things up, like changing the ring, and focusing on Abyss, that s**t went south...

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
black_wing_angel
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Rumblestiltskin
black_wing_angel
Gets fired from own promotion.

Creates new promotion.

He quit, actually.

I was told Dixie bought TNA out, and then fired him.

In storyline, yes. In real life, he had sold his shares of the company a while ago and quit just this past year.

Either way, I look forward to Global Force. TNA was at least acceptable, while under his command. It wasn't until Hogan started ******** things up, like changing the ring, and focusing on Abyss, that s**t went south...

TNA had its problems well before Hogan showed up, the only difference was that they weren't paying ridiculous sums of money to people who did more to hurt the company than help it. Hopefully, Jeff's learned a lesson from the whole TNA thing and will build a better company...and hopefully he won't become its first champion...

Apocalyptic Gatekeeper

19,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I have no idea what's going to come of it, if anything, but there's a story going around that Jarrett slapped Ian Rotten's 17 year old son over a pay dispute. Yes, I know, pay dispute, Ian Rotten, what a surprise, etc. But still probably not good PR when you're trying to get a promotion off the ground.

Rumblestiltskin

Apparently he still has some shares in TNA actually.
http://pwinsider.com/article/84979/jarrett-profiled-in-tennessean-relationship-to-tna-addressed.html?p=1
Quote:
One thing that was addressed is his relationship to TNA. The article noted that he remains the largest shareholder (after Panda Energy, obviously) but does not feel it is a conflict of interest to launch GFW while still holding the shares. TNA acknowledged that Jarrett remained a shareholder but declined to comment on his new venture. One would have to think that at some point, if and when GFW goes forward, TNA is going to attempt to buy Jarrett out, but we'll see if that happens.

Unbeatable Lunatic

Latest announcement:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/biggest-loser-creator-bring-new-696160

Summarized;
JJ is teaming up with The Biggest Loser creator Dave Broome to bring GFW to TV.

The article also mentions that GFW has 500 signed talent which I'm pretty sure is an error and something about unscripted programing.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Smarky Mark
Latest announcement:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/biggest-loser-creator-bring-new-696160

Summarized;

The article also mentions that GFW has 500 signed talent which I'm pretty sure is an error and something about unscripted programing.

What if it isn't a typo?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dion Necurat
Smarky Mark
Latest announcement:

Summarized;

What if it isn't a typo?

Then he'd already be starting off on the wrong foot. Even 100 guys is too many for one promotion, let alone one that is just about to start...unless you're WCW and have Ted Turner paying for all those guys...

Unbeatable Lunatic

Dion Necurat
Smarky Mark
Latest announcement:

Summarized;

What if it isn't a typo?

Well, JJ stated that he had a list of 500 wrestlers that he was considering so I assume the author of the article just misunderstood what that meant and wrote that GFW has 500 wrestlers.

When I first read that the only way I would see that working is if GFW was a refurbished NWA. A collection of promotions throughout the world all under one banner. The weekly television show could be the best matches from around the globe and following particular storylines. Would be a little hard to follow for casual fans.
when's the first episode of this new promo?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
DarkStorm333

They've only just announced that they're making this new fed. As far as I know, they don't have anyone even signed yet. It likely won't be out til later this year (sometime around fall, maybe).

Unbeatable Lunatic

User Image

Please let this be a sign that Hurricane is coming back to TV!

Unbeatable Lunatic

NASCAR broadcaster Hermie Sadler joins board of Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling

Quote:
Hermie Sadler’s return to a race car is tied into another passion he’s getting back into -- professional wrestling.
The former NASCAR driver and current Fox Sports 1 NASCAR personality said Friday he has accepted a position on the board of directors of Global Force Wrestling, the new promotion launched by TNA founder and former WWE star Jeff Jarrett.
Sadler will have Global Force Wrestling as one of his car sponsors when he competes at the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown next Thursday at South Boston Speedway in Virginia.
PHOTOS: See the history of the WWE in 104 photos | John Cena's career highlights, lowlights | Women of pro wrestling
“Just trying to get the word out about the brand, and let as many people know that there’s another wrestling promotion that’s coming,” Sadler said.
Sadler worked as a backstage interviewer for TNA and also promoted shows featuring TNA talent under the United Wrestling Federation banner.
“What I’d like to do is kind of like what I did with TNA a long time ago, maybe pick a territory and do some live events,” Sadler said.
He said the tentative timeline is to start running shows in the fall, although he added that television negotiations spearheaded by 25/7 Productions -- the company behind NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” -- will be the key factor in setting the schedule.
“They’re not going to be like traditional wrestling shows,” Sadler said, adding that he’d let Jarrett and 25/7 announce more details when the time is right.
Until then, Sadler said Jarrett and wife Karen are appearing at independent shows and “collecting a lot of tapes of the indy talent.”
It’s an exciting time for Sadler, who got hooked on wrestling when the old NWA Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling promotion brought a show to Greensville County High School in his hometown of Emporia, Va., when he was 7 or 8.
“I saw Wahoo McDaniel wrestle Ric Flair,” Sadler said. “That’s the first match that I remember going to.”
Sadler added that it was especially satisfying to partner again with Jarrett, his friend of more than 20 years.
“I’m very, very lucky,” said Sadler, who will turn 45 the day of the showdown. “I get to do what I love [NASCAR] for a living first of all. And then to get involved in another startup wrestling organization that’s going to bring together a lot of people and employ a lot of people and entertain a lot of people. So, I’m excited about that.”

http://www.newsday.com/sports/pro-wrestling/nascar-broadcaster-hermie-sadler-joins-board-of-jeff-jarrett-s-global-force-wrestling-1.7760125

Unbeatable Lunatic

Rumblestiltskin
DarkStorm333

They've only just announced that they're making this new fed. As far as I know, they don't have anyone even signed yet. It likely won't be out til later this year (sometime around fall, maybe).

According to an article about Hermie Sadler;

Quote:
He said the tentative timeline is to start running shows in the fall, although he added that television negotiations spearheaded by 25/7 Productions -- the company behind NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” -- will be the key factor in setting the schedule.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Smarky Mark
Rumblestiltskin
DarkStorm333

According to an article about Hermie Sadler;

Quote:

It's good to hear he's getting some big deals out of this (at least, that's what it seems). If he can get the right talent (which the indies is abundant with, honestly) and promote the company the right way, and provided he gets a decent creative team, this could be just the kick in the a** the wrestling world needs.

Unbeatable Lunatic

Quote:
Word is that they may have some events in October or November.

source

Quote:
On a related note, there is said to be definite concern within TNA over Jarrett's GFW. We noted last week that Dixie Carter held a meeting with TNA's Nashville employees about why morale was down and other topics. Dixie also asked why didn't TNA have a presence during WWE's WrestleMania XXX weekend in New Orleans. She brought up how Jeff Jarrett was in town and at least had people talking, making something out of nothing that weekend.

GFW is also starting to get attention within TNA as a number of people who were highly regarded when they worked for TNA are now working with Jarrett. Besides NASCAR's Hermie Sadler, another former TNA worker who is now helping Jarrett is Chris Thomas, who did what was considered amazing PR work for TNA.

source

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces