• Member 100
  • Statustician 100
"I should never be left alone with my mind for too long"
Libba Bray

User Image

Ⱦɐʝ
ʇʯѮ ϐʅɸѻȡϞ ѿɩЙδ
==== ☠ ====

Taji perked up instantly at the thought of roasted fish, one of the things he liked a whole lot since he was released from the White Coats. Not to mention warm water to wash off in? He nodded in eager agreement, waiting until Kara-dragon declared the water nice and toasty before jumping in with reckless abandon. He quickly scurbbed and did his best to remove all the sticky blood coating him before fishing for all the corpses. Yum, he liked the long kinda fish a lot and there were so many. So, while he came up for air whenever he had to, he staid under for the most part, simply tossing bits of fish up when he encountered cooked but not burned corpses. He finally came up for good when he didn't see any more red water leaving him, clean enough. He crawled back onto the embankment, shaking the excess water off with ease before sitting down next to Kara-dragon. Not that he staid sitting for long, with his nose no longer clogged with the cloying smell of blood, he could smell something familiar. But...what was it? He frowned, giving an absent-minded nod to Kara-dragon's note that someone had fallen in before them arriving until he finally realized what it was with Kali's ear-piercing scream echoing from a bit off. "KALI!" And with that, he was off. He ignored how he wanted to freeze up when he got too far ahead, leaving a large mark when he was forced to go into a turn-off so she could follow. He had to help Kali, Kali was nice and important and Master would be upset if she died..he would miss her. Until he finally arrived, dropping to the ground in a slide as he reached her side to hug her carefully. "Kali, Kali, Kali, Kali! Kali alright? You smell of blood! Who's the curious kitty? Kitty ok?" he asked in a rush, tense and doing his best to be strong for Kali and not notice the dark, so darkdarkdarkdark.

==== ☠ ====

User Image

So much blood to spill,
So little time~

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
Kara the Fire Dragon

Sworn to Valor
Heart knows only Virtue
Defend the helpless
Uphold the weak
Speak only Truth
My Wrath undoes the wicked

On the wings of sacred Starfire do this I vow to uphold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Scrubbed and happy, Kara watched Taji splash around in the warmed water, now free from eels... though every now and again he disturbed some bones from long dead skeletons, that had no doubt been victims to the once frigid waters and the eels that had dwelled in it. Washed, and dried, she settled down to eat her meal.
When Taji came out, dripping but clean, she glanced at him and heated the air around him until he was dry and warm, just as she had done for herself. SO now the young one was eating in a clean, warm, and dry outfit.
The eel was good. Slightly flaky and tender with good flavor. Kara carefully pulled out bones as she ate one of them, and was about to take another bite when Taji suddenly looked up at her mention of others being there, and leapt across the pit to dash into the darkness. By his yelling, he apparently recognized the person further in the maze who had just screamed for help. "Taji wait!" But he was gone, calling then name of his friend. Kali?
She thought she smelled... Chrono, the one she had met earlier. Perhaps they were together?
The dragoness was slower to get up, thanks to her body mass, and she thoughtfully got out a bag from her satchel to place the still warm eels in, in case the ones Taji had dahsed after needed food. Then she hopped across the pit and followed, keeping an eye on the walls and floor to track Taji's headlong dash. She noted where he and turned a corner instead of going straight, and soon made it to where Taji was hugging a slight little dragonfly looking thing, who looked quite dazed, and Chrono, passed out on the floor.

"Oh dear. Taji, I brought the rest of the eels. Get some food in her please. If she eats fruit, I have that too. But lets get the two of them warm. Hold on for a moment dear. Let me get you warmed up a little more. I see Chrono gave you his jacket."
Kara gently placed her hands near Kali, warming the air around her as she had done with Taji, making the air comfortably warm. Then warm blankets were pulled out of her bag, and so were bandages, for Kali and Chrono's injuries, a bit of healing salve to numb the pain, and a few more odds and ends. All of it more than the satchel could normally hold if it held to the laws of physics, but hopefully no one would wonder about the enchantment. She piled some blankets on Chrono, and settled to have his head up. "Chrono dear, get some food in you. It will help your energy." She brought up some eel for him to ear, her attitude very mothering. "You ant die on us now. We need you. Come on dear. wake up. And your locket is doing strange things."

6,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Yusuke Urameshi
Spirit Detective

User Image
Yusuke sighed as he squinted into the darkness, wishing that his eyes would adjust to this damnable darkness. This Stein character was starting to make Yusuke nervous. . .his frightened, yet calm attitude. Maybe he was looking into it a bit too much. . .but something made him uneasy. Thankfully, it seemed Touya was the one to voice his concern. Who the hell was it that captured them?

”I wish I knew. . .,”Stein said in a slow voice, taking a long drag of his cigarette, blowing the smoke into the air. Slowly, he reached up as he twisted the gear that was embedded in his skull, something he always did when he was thinking. ”All I know is that she likes to ******** with people. Pheromones, steroids, just about any chemical you can think of is currently coursing through our bodies. Poison specialty of Sho. I’ve found a way to slow the effects but even my little concoctions are started to become void.”

Yusuke blinked as he took a nervous step forward, moving closer to Touya, almost protectively. He seemed to know A LOT about the caves but if he had spent a while here. . .then how was he alive? Inside his pocket, his fingertip began to glow with sudden light, his spirit energy beginning to come back to him. It was weakened yes, but it was definitely still there. However, it seemed Stein was step ahead of both of them. He was already at the mouth of the cave and had managed to inject Touya all in the matter of a second! How was someone that fast?!

”Haha, my apologies for pointing out your sudden weakness I know it isn’t something you’re used to. I saw your work in the Dark Tournament. You don’t have to worry, it’s a completely natural substance pulled from the forests. You won’t become addicted and it just brings a boost to your power. . .if you want to do something about it, why don’t you come at me-”Stein began, stopping when he was suddenly pushed up against the wall of the cave.

Yusuke, in a fit of rage had pushed Stein up against the wall, everything around him brilliantly clear for a brief moment. His fingertip was jammed into Stein’s stomach and a low growl escaped his lips. How dare he talk like that to someone!?
[ “You’re lucky I don’t shoot you point blank a*****e,” Yusuke growled out, then looked back to Touya. “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Stein blinked as he felt the warmth spreading over his stomach from the spirit energy Yusuke was leaking out. How did he get fast so suddenly and why was there a sudden demonic aura? He swallowed quietly, as he stared at Yusuke, though his glance kept going to Touya who was surprisingly quiet.
”My apologies. . .how about I lead you down the trails that I’ve managed to find hear that lead me somewhere?”Stein slowly offered, as he disappeared from Yusuke’s grasp, once again a few feet away from them. ”But you’ll have to try and keep up with me.”
”I don’t trust this guy. . .and he's really starting to piss me off,”Yusuke muttered, though he held his hand in front of him and began walking, using his spirit energy as a guiding light, making sure to keep his eyes on Touya, who he was worried about.

Ice-Cold Genius

User Image

ʗɧɼοɳο ʈɦɘ Ϩɩɳɲɜɽ

User Image
Pain… Pain… Why won’t you go away…?

Chrono continue to lay there silently in Kali’s arms, his tiny body motionless as the poor little girl did her best to cradle him in her arms, his ears listening in to the world around him. Kali… She was holding him in her arms. She was apologizing, shedding tears for him. A stranger that she barely knew… His white shirt began to dampen the more Kali cried. Oh how desperately he wanted to reach out to touch her, to tell her he was okay. But his body was too heavy shutting down slowly the only thing remaining was his mind. ‘I’m okay. I’m… Okay! I’m just… hurting all over right now, but I promise you I’m fine. Please don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself. As long as you are fine then I can…’ His thoughts were stricken silent however as Kali began to touch at his cheek, only to back away a moment later, her body seeming to tense before her weight pressed against his and she began to sob, apologizing yet again, blaming it on herself that he got in this condition. ‘It’s not your fault… It’s NOT your fault. I promised I would protect you no matter what the cost; and that’s exactly what I did. Please stop blaming yourself. Why, can’t you read my mind? I want to tell you that I’m fine! Stop shedding those tears…’ He silently pleaded, before feeling a sudden overwhelming of power as the locket around his neck began to crackle with a demonic aura. Could it be...? Kali went to take hold of the amulet, the amulet sparkling with a sudden odd display of demonic aura, the locks against the face of the clock began to click, the tiny pieces of metal beginning to lift up only to further increase the strength of the demonic aura. Dropping the amulet, Kali shifted in her spot taking the support of the wall as his body fell into hers from the sudden change in position. And as she began to cry out, she became blissfully unaware of the dark aura that began to seep out of the pendent, beginning to cover Chrono’s entire body, bringing way to an ominous and haunting presence. Though as the woman began to seek the help of a higher power, Chrono would have laughed given the chance and ability to. God, protect a Devil? Highly unlikely… He would never protect one who committed the ultimate sins…

It wasn’t long after did another presence come rushing over to the duo sitting on the floor. It was someone who was crying out to Kali, asking her if she was alright and making a mentioning of the name ‘Kali’ and then the word ‘kitty’. Kitty? There was a kitty in the maze? What an odd place to find a cat… Chrono mentally thought to himself as the dark aura wrapped around him completely, blending him in with the world around him. Had he not been leaning against Kali, the young girl would have thought he got up and disappeared! The crackling of the amulet began to grow, illuminating the area around them as the locks holding the amulet together flung open.

As the little boy began to console Kali, trying to stop her from crying, yet another person came coming. A female’s voice chimed into the air, calling out to the boy named Taji, suggesting that he try to get Kali to eat something as she crouched down, and began to use her powers warming Kali up. Once done with that, Kara went to work pulling out some blankets to help cover Kali to lock in the warmth, and then proceeded to go to work, trying to heal Kali’s wounds. Once she was done with that, Kara then decided to turn her attention to Chrono, to heal him and to cover him with some comforting blankets. It was at this moment that the darkness began to fade from around him, beginning to show off his now longer legs and new change of outfit. As Kara began to lift Chrono away from his comfortable spot by Kali’s side, Chrono’s lips curled back, showing off a rather sharp set of pearly whites as he began to growl deeply – an internal instinct in means of protecting himself as well as Kali (though unconscious at this point, he was still trying to hold true to his promise of protecting Kali). Had Chrono been awake and able to see just who it was that was around him, he would never have growled! Kara was not one to deserve such disrespect after all! Then the dragoness began to speak to him, her voice soft and gentle as she tried to offer him something to eat. She then continued speaking, making a mentioning of needing him, as well as made a reference to his locket, which at the mentioning of said item, it let out a sudden strong dark aura, causing the hallway to become as dark as night. Even despite Kara’s firey glow and powers… The dark aura pushed against hers until consuming it into the darkness as well.

In the darkness of the halls, a hand slowly began to reach up towards Kara’s wrist. Once he successfully wrapped his arms around her wrist, he began to give it a squeeze, letting out yet another growl but this one much deeper than before. ”Who dares to touch me…?” An unfamiliar deep sounding voice called out, as he tightened his grip around Kara’s wrist. Through the darkness of his aura, Chrono’s eyes slowly fluttered open and instead of their usual friendly stare, it was replaced by a narrowed golden gaze. A threatening look within his orbs could send even the toughest demon running home with his tail between his legs! Because… In the place of where the childlike Chrono lay, was now replaced by a taller, leaner figure; an adult like version of Chrono. But this one… Was deadly. Slowly, Chrono sat up in his spot, letting out a small grunt of pain as his body went to work healing the wounds on its own. A lucky perk of being a demon such as himself, his regenerative power was a lot quicker than most other demons. His hand slowly released Kara’s wrist from its grip before falling to his side with a soft metallic thud. He said nothing as he turned his head to look at Kara, his golden eyes adjusting to the darkness he brought upon them. This woman… She looked familiar… It took him a few moments of thought to register just who he was looking at. Kara! The fire dragoness from earlier! What was she doing in this place? And who was that other presence around them? Seeing as how the unknown child made no moves to attack, he assumed for his aura to be a friendly one and resisted the urge to attack. ”” Chrono bowed his head, his bladed braid reaching out to wrap around his body as his now lengthened claws delicately scratched at the concrete beneath him. ”I… I’m sorry Kara. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He murmured softly in apology, before falling into his own troubling thoughts.

Why was I awakened? Why have I taken this form? Could it be… That my mask has been broken? But… My energy is limited. So why is this happening?’ Golden orbs shifted to look at the amulet around his neck with a blank expression. Maybe, just maybe this little stunt wasn’t effecting the time he had left; or so he hoped. With a sigh, Chrono lifted his head back up to steal a glance at the company around him. In the darkness he felt self; he could expose his true form to them without giving away who he really was. If they knew that they were in the presence of the King of Kings… They would run and never look back… His long pointed ears twitched slightly, zeroing in on Kali’s breathing. She was… Alive and safe. So he had managed to protect her? ”” Now that he was awake, he could tell her, that he was alright, and she didn’t need to worry about him; and so he did. A clawed hand began to reach out towards Kali, reaching out to take a gentle hold of her shoulder. ”I’m fine… There’s no need to worry now. I told you I would protect you…” Chrono called out to her and in the darkness he gave her a smile, confirming that he was alright. The darkness around them began to lighten up making its way back into the amulet in means of reserving power, as the light from Kara’s flames slowly began to illuminate the area yet again. Once the darkness disappeared, replaced by Kara’s glow, it revealed Chrono’s true form sitting up confidently as he turned his intimidating golden stare towards his new allies.

User Image

===---ӿ Overdosed On Compassion ӿ---===
Next post will be better I promise!

ӿLocation:
In a maze
ӿPeople around me:
Kali, Kara and a child
ӿThoughts:
… Why now…?

JINFINITE's Bae

Hilarious Prophet

x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It felt as if she’d been screaming an eternity before finally, she heard footsteps. Glossy eyes peered through the dark, never even considering it may have been an enemy. “Hello..?” Her voice was entirely gone, replaced with what could be described as a dull squeaky attempt. She coughed as it took its toll on her throat. She sniffed as the runny mucus in her wet nose threatened to flood over, her cheeks thick with new and old tears, making her skin sticky and warm. Looking down at Chrono, she begged for those nearing footsteps to help him; but her voice wouldn’t come out any longer, so it became a fleeting wish. One of her hands clumsily pushed her hair from her mouth as she whined. No matter what she did, she couldn’t stay quiet. She was a sitting meal. But it seemed as if her prayers had been answered. The loud and boisterous voice of her colleague, Taji, came barreling into her ear and she gasped, eyes darting to the person who suddenly pulled her close, holding her tight. Her hands flailed blindly in the air for Chrono, her lips soundlessly mouthing her dismay at being pulled from the unresponsive male. While mild relief flushed out the terror from her body, she was still strongly pulled by her guilt to protect the fallen boy. “Ta..ji...!” She stopped fighting him and looked up, a hiccup breaking free from her chest.

It seemed the other wasn’t in the mood to listen. She didn’t stop to think he might really be happy to find her, instead frustrated about being unable to go help Chrono. She looked up at him and touched his face with cold, trembling hands, as if to prove to herself that it was Taji – despite the obvious familiar voice and mannerisms of the overactive, twitchy and wild creature. She nodded slowly despite his quick questions as they flung her way, relaxing slowly in his arms and lowering her hands from his face, letting them fall onto either of his arms, not shoving but not pulling, either. She twisted her head to look towards the direction she’d been holding Chrono moments before. She couldn’t see. Where was he? Was he okay? “Ch...ro..no..” She tried her best to speak, but it seemed the more she relaxed, the less likely she would be able to say anything for the next handful of hours. She looked pleadingly at Taji, shaking her head and using one of her hands to point at Chrono. She could feel the blood as it seeped from the injuries on her body, and she wanted to explain to Taji that the ‘curious kitty’ was Chrono, a man that had saved her life. But she couldn’t, and that was almost just as bad as not being able to do anything about it.

Kaelisee froze when she realized there was another person there – one she didn’t know. Her body unconsciously pressed closer to Taji, staring bewildered at the tall, stout-looking woman, with dangerously bright wings and sharp horns standing long atop her head. In response to her immediate actions she shrank away from her hands despite their offered warmth. Upon mention of Chrono’s jacket she quickly curled her fingers in the material, tugging it close around her body. With light now provided, the dragonfly was able to ease back into a peaceful state much easier. Her trembling bones began to warm up and she felt the exhaustion seep in, now painfully aware of just how hard it would be to walk if they decided so. As the mysterious woman moved away, Kali nearly panicked. The light would dim if the woman went too far – Kali couldn’t survive in the dark. She needed the light. She also then spotted Chrono, flat on the ground and unsurprisingly, still unresponsive. She bit her lip and stared unblinkingly with unwavering concern. Kara went to work on her new friend and her hands lifted, covering her mouth with silent prayers.

Next on the list of happening unusual things came an abrupt well of light, taking place of the crackling sparks that had been surrounding the odd item hanging from her companion’s neck. Kali could only watch in uncomfortable fascination as a glow emanated from the now visible pendant, which apparently had been a lock. She frowned in obvious confusion, eyes narrowing on the item as it began to react to an assumedly invisible force. It seemed she wasn’t the only one to notice, glancing anxiously at the other two on scene. It was too dark to see the entirety of what was happening, but Kali felt as if she should be doing something about this. But what could she do? She couldn’t even stand, let alone crawl. She was glued to her spot. She looked at Taji again and took advantage of the light spared, looking over Taji to ensure he was okay. She managed to give the barest of smiles as she confirmed his health was in good condition. Because of this movement, however, the delicate girl missed the flashing of Chrono’s teeth, as well as the steady change in the boy’s physically features and the purpose behind the abrupt lights-out.

Her blood ran cold as the darkness overcame their moment of peace once more, her breath shuddering against her lips, fingers digging painfully into her legs through her dress. Why? Why did that happen? What was happening now? She didn’t want it – this wasn’t fair. A growl pressed on her mind and she shook her head, burying her face in her hands. Was it back? Hadn’t Chrono removed him? She was silent this time, leaning into her hands and begging for this to be a misunderstanding. A voice stretched through the silence and she shivered. Someone was with them? She didn’t recognize that voice. Touch? Someone had touched them? Despite something going on in the shadows, Kali was left sightless and at a loss, listening attentively but ready to shut down at the next given second. Her head still spun from earlier events, her wounds proving to be stubborn in healing, despite the demon blood that coursed through her veins. Kara? Who was Kara? She listened as a scratching noise like nails against a chalk board echoed through the hall and she waited with baited breath. The voice had taken on a softer tone – that was good, right? She could hear clothes rustling and gentle breathing, but being unable to see made things a ton more ominous.

Something suddenly held her shoulder and the girl jumped, too tense to move away. She stared in the direction that the presumed hand was leading to and with a slacked jaw, tried her best to stare through the dark. The words offered to her made her stop panicking, however, and instead she rolled them over in her head, taking into consideration the gentle tone they’d used. Her body automatically softened under their touch, her nails uncurling from her legs where little crescents now dotted her pale skin. Light gradually flooded the hallway again and Kali watched as the person near her became visible. Her teeth lightly clicked as her jaw slowly shut, eyes flicking around as she took in this unfamiliar person. He was smiling at her. She glanced towards where Chrono once laid and frowned, eyebrows drawing in close as she quickly looked back at this man in front of her again. His eyes were a brilliant gold, rather than the amiable crimson she’d seen before. His features were chiseled and matured, with odd prints on his skin and an unmistakable difference in his voice. So it couldn’t possibly be... Could it?

Rather than afraid of upset, she appeared curious, like the kittens Taji often mentioned. She felt her body unhinge from the invisible chains wrapped around her legs, shifting to tuck her legs behind her, hands pressed on the ground to support her body as she leaned forward and began to close the distance between them, peering closer at his face. “...Chro..no...?” Her voice was nearly inaudible due to the lack of strength behind it, but she spoke anyway. With a gasp the girl sat up quickly, hands flying over her mouth. “Chrono...?!” A smile, wide and burning, spread quickly along her face and spoke a million words. Recognition quickly joined her in the happiness evident in her features. “You’re okay...!” And then she started to break apart, crying as she smiled. It was a known fact the girl could be stoic as a stone one occasion and the noisiest of cry babies the next, although to those unused to Kali’s odd personality, confusion would be a common thing left in her wake. Without thinking, her arms flung around the male’s neck, her body heaving against his own as she celebrated through the pain of movement. Every bone in her body begged her to cut it out and lay down, but she was overwhelmed with relief. She felt the dip in her forehead as she realized that without her voice, she couldn’t thank him... And that wouldn’t do.

The embarrassment was quick to run over her parade. As his body heat transferred into her skin, Kali stopped in her tracks. In one swift movement she was off of him and on the floor, hands cupped against her chest, seemingly ashamed. She bowed her head in quiet apology and went quiet, staring heatedly at the ground and essentially becoming a rock. She finally remembered how much her body ached and she grimaced slightly, trying her best to suck it up and keep it from those in the immediate area. Glancing up shyly, Kali looked at Chrono through her bangs and her lips moved slowly, mouthing carefully, ‘Thank you for saving me...’ With a sniff, she began to wipe at her face, avoiding his gaze then. Her skin crawled as it shamed her for allowing so much physical contact, the bubble slowly building its way around her tiny frame again. When she remembered there were two other people there it showed, turning her head to look uncertainly at Kara. She seemed as if she wanted to say something, but considering her situation, look frustrated again and turned her head down to stare at her legs. These people... They'd helped her, right? So it was silly that she couldn't thank them properly. Zane and Nea would be disappointed in her...

10,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
"I should never be left alone with my mind for too long"
Libba Bray

User Image

Ⱦɐʝ
ʇʯѮ ϐʅɸѻȡϞ ѿɩЙδ
==== ☠ ====

Taji easily ignored Kara-dragon's calls to wait. He couldn't wait, Kali-dear needed him. She was in trouble, and Master said to protect her. He liked Kali-dearheart, didn't want her hurt. Didn't want her gone like the curious kitties he dispatched so often. So, when he arrived and he noticed that the enemy was already dead, he got to his knees and slid into Kali, holding her tight and crooning. "Yes, Taji here, Kali. I'll help, I will, I will," he offered up easily, scenting the blood on her brow and the blood of the strange curious kitty on the ground. When Kara-dragon came back around the corner, lighting up the area once more, he relaxed minutely. Oh, he was still tense because of the circumstances, but the light was back and Kali was safe so it was much better now. So, when he was ordered to feed Kali, he nodded and snagged the eels offered without complaint, going to hand over the eels to the so far silent but obviously worried Kali. "Kali eat? They smell really nice," he offered, taking a big bite out of one to demonstrate. When the big glow from the locket came, needless to say he was surprised, instantly snapping his head around towards the source of the light. And then, darkness. His eyes widened, desperately trying to find any kind of light, anything at all. When he found none, he clutched close to Kali tightly, giving a low, keening sound. No, not the darkness, not again! Please, he'd be good! "Sorry, sorry, please, let me out, let me out, letmeoutletmeoutletmeout!" The last words were shrieked, letting go of Kali-dear as he grabbed onto his hair and curled into a ball. Even when the light came back, he rocked back and forth, begging to be let out of isolation. He'd be good, he'd kill the curious kitties, no more fighting, promise! He'd play, he'd play! He was lost to the past, eyes shut tight so he could pretend he'd see again when he opened them. He began to draw blood, the claws digging so hard into the skin of his head and feet from his fear. And still he continued to babel apologies to the invisible White Coats.

==== ☠ ====

User Image

So much blood to spill,
So little time~

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
Kara the Fire Dragon

Sworn to Valor
Heart knows only Virtue
Defend the helpless
Uphold the weak
Speak only Truth
My Wrath undoes the wicked

On the wings of sacred Starfire do this I vow to uphold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kara noted the other young one’s fear. So this must be Kali, who’s name Taji had been shouting for the entire maze to hear. The dragoness had hurried along to follow, and when she arrived, the little dragonfly girl shrank in terror from her. Kara gave Kali her gentlest smile, and murmured ”So you are Taji’s friend. I am pleased to meet you. Lets get Chrono healed too, hmm?” noting her obvious concern for the comatose demon. Clawed fingers handed Taji healing supplies for Kali, since she would not be able to get to Kali’s head wound herself, before moving to the other one.
Chrono was in much worse state, having a number of injuries on him that spoke of a bad fight with a larger demon, and a lot of energy loss. In fact, he looked so badly drained that she was surprised he had the energy to breathe.

But he could still retailate, and in his exhausted stupor, he bared his teeth and growled at her. Thsi got an immediate, instinctive ”You put those back right now young man!” scolding from her, followed by a more soothing ”I am trying to help. Calm down, dearheart.”, exactly as she would deliver to a sick and disoriented kit who did the same. There was a crack, and the locket she had been concerned about cracked open, spilling an inky blackness over everything. Kara uttered a small whine of surprise in encountering the darkness that could snuff even her light. She couldnt see a thing, no matter what her sensitve eyes tried to make out.

Somewhere in the darkness, Taji sent up a wail of fear as the darkness reached him, and in the inky blackness, someone grasped her wrist. Chrono’s aura was much different than before. Or at least, unless Chrono could teleport and leave another in his place, this towering, terrifying and powerful aura belonged to Chrono.
Who dares, a deep voice asked, and Kara gently tugged at her wrist, only to stop the attepmt to free herself as a pair of merciless golden eyes opened to stare out of the darkness at her. Her wings, though hidden, flared in response, the appendages dipping in the slightest submission, while her back stiffened to stare this new Chrono down. She couldnt see his wounds healing. So, he was still wounded, and causing trouble for those that were trying to heal him. Unacceptable!
Eyes the color of clear human skies stared back at him, a slow blink as they glowed in the darkness, followed by a huff as the darkness lifted. So he was healing. good. Kara waited patiently, wings still dipped in the tiniest touch of submission (but not much, and countered by her tail which flicked in agitation) as this new Chrono watched her, and finally (finally!) recognized her. She got an apology, and in return, she dipped her wings in acceptance, and handed him his eel. ”Accepted. I shall be fine. Now get some food in you.”
She may be healing, but she bet he and Kali had missed a few meals wandering around in this maze, and that simply would not do.

Then Taji's terrified babbling reached her, and she made a soft noise of worry, she moved to check on the young one who so feared the dark. Her wings made light now, now that the darkness Chrono had unleashed had disappeared. "Taji? Taji dear, it is okay. There is light again. Dear, please open your eyes. I promise no one here will hurt you. Kali is here. You need to help Kali." She soothed, keeping up a babble of such words as she reached out to stroke the frightened young one's hair in what she hoped would sooth Taji instead of further terrify him. When nothing happened, she turned her attention to the dragonfly girl who was still nearby, and made a distressed noise "Kali. I cant seem to help. Can you? He knows you."

Her attention returned one again to Taji, and she carefully returned to making soothing crooning noises, fussing over the young one. After a moment, she looked up to Chrono and said in a disapproving tone "You scared him." and sniffed, before moving away from the youngster so Kali, who still looked slightly afraid of him, could come closer to her friend. She conjured a small light orb for them to see by, and looked worriedly on as she wated for Kali to hopefully soothe Taji, something she was baffled as to how she could not do. "Well, Kali still needs healing, and we ran into some demons a bit ago. I doubt this part of the maze will move and split us up, so we might as well rest here for a bit. You two seem to have taken care of the threats in this area..." this was said, looking around the place, before she turned her attention back to the new form of Chrono. "So this is you, hmm? The famous demon king from ages ago."

Ice-Cold Genius

User Image

ʗɧɼοɳο ʈɦɘ Ϩɩɳɲɜɽ

User Image
As Chrono awoke from his slumber, his hand shot into the darkness, easily capturing Kara’s wrist in his grip. The growling continued on for a few moments as he tightened his grip, his claws lightly scratching at the surface of the cloth that protected the delicate skin. He turned to look at Kara with his golden eyes, watching her movements carefully. Her wings dipped slightly in submission (a thing Chrono was used to by many people in his presence). She proceeded to look him in the eyes, which in turn made Chrono stare back his own eyes beginning to glow a red in color as they had a silent staring contest. The look within her eyes blazed in defiance despite the submissive stance the rest of her body seemed to take. As the darkness lifted from around them, Chrono’s eyes returned to the normal golden color as he finally released her wrist from his grip, mumbling a small apology before turning his head away. At the offered food however, Chrono brought his hand up to push the eel away, rejecting the food. ”… I don’t need the food. Give it to someone else that needs it. I’m not hungry.” He mumbled softly, not really concerned for himself at the moment but more so for Kali who he could feel was beginning to weaken.

It was then that Chrono turned his attention to Kali, reaching out to place a delicate hand on her shoulder. And as a result he nearly flinched back as he felt Kali jump at the sudden touch. What if she… Rejects me? What if she’s… Afraid of me…? His mind wondered aloud as he got ready to move away, but was suddenly taken back as Kali despite seeing just who was in front of her, decided to take a closer look at him. Golden orbs widened slightly as he blinked a few times, a startled look coming to his face. If he had been in his other form, his face would be as red as a tomato from the sudden closeness. But, being the Kingly Chrono, he had to uphold a regal manner; but that didn’t stop him from feeling slightly flustered! ”It is me. I am still Chrono. Please… Don’t be afraid.” He whispered softly, slowly reaching a hand up to touch at her cheek, the tips of his fingers playing with her hair. But as the girl suddenly jumped and placed her hands over her mouth, Chrono himself jumped, retracting his hand as if her skin was too hot to touch. His eyes watched over the girl before carefully as she began to smile, tears beginning to fall down her face as she exclaimed her sudden happiness in still seeing him alive. Someone was… Happy to see him? His hardened facial features began to soften at the look on her face, as his lips twisted, forming a genuine smile. He tried again bringing a hand up towards her face and using his thumbs he began to wipe the tears away from her eyes. ”Of course I’m okay. I told you I was going to protect you didn’t I?” He gently reminded her, moving his hand away back to his side. His lips parted as if he was going to say something else when suddenly Kali’s arms wrapped around his neck in a form of a hug. Chrono’s eyes widened as the heat began to rise to his cheeks, but not enough to discolor them mind you. Chrono tilted his head to the side as he proceeded to hug the girl back, wrapping his arms around her slender body, pulling her against him deepening the embrace. ”I’m not going to leave you… I promise.” He whispered softly into her ear before pulling away watching as she suddenly fell to the floor in a sudden embarrassment. He was about to ask her I she was okay, but stopped suddenly as he glanced to her, watching her lips move silently thanking him. ‘You’re welcome.’ Was his silent response as he turned his head away enjoying the peaceful moment until…

Chrono’s eyes widened slightly as the silence of halls was replaced to Taji’s screaming. A beg to be let out, let out of what…? The darkness? Chrono looked on silently, feeling a sudden pain in his chest as Kara went on trying to console the child. Had he… caused the child’s sudden distress? He bowed his head, his purple bangs proceeded to cover his eyes. Kara had tried her best to comfort Taji, making cooing noises, and sweet murmurings of ‘everything will be okay’; the same way a mother would comfort their own child. Kara She had a big heart and seemed to be the ‘motherly’ type. ”” At this moment Chrono wanted to get up and run away from the affectionate display. It was just something he could never tolerate in his younger days. The love and affection between mother and child. But that could also be because he was the one that… A vivid image flashed before his eyes, causing the King to flinch inwardly. ”… Enough… Enough…!” He softly hissed, his fingers clenching into fists as he brought his hand up into the air and proceeded to hit the wall with all his might. The scent of freshly drawn blood wafted into the air as the crimson liquid began to fall like tears off his hand. He fell silent shortly afterwards, keeping his hand pressed against the small fist like crater he created in the wall. His lips curled back revealing her sharp pearly whites as he closed his eyes. Kara then looked to Kali and asked for her to take care of him before turning his attention to Chrono, scolding him lightly for scaring the poor child. ”Do you not think I know what I did Kara?! You’re seeming like I did it on purpose! I know what I did, and I’m sorry okay?” Chrono suddenly lashed out at Kara, before slamming his fist into the wall again, letting out a growl of frustration. With this he fell into silence, becoming lost in past thoughts. He needed to get out of here he needed to be alone… Then the image of Kali’s smiling face crossed his mind, causing his eyes to shoot open, his lips slightly parted at the realization. He couldn’t be alone! He had a promise to keep!

I…” His lips moved to speak, but no words came out, so he closed his eyes again, trying to seek comfort in the darkness it provided. When asked if this was who he truly was, Chrono could only give a small nod of his head. He remained silent in his spot for a short while thinking things through. Should they stay here, or should they move? It was obvious the others were beginning to get tired and were feeling exhausted. Chrono at this moment was feeling exhausted, but he could let that show! He needed to remain strong for the group! Stay strong! His thoughts played over and over in his head. They needed to find a safe place to relax, so they can recover their energy but was there really such a safe place? But at the same point, the longer they stayed in this spot, the easier it would be for other demons and traps to come at them. But if they moved, there was still that possibility! What should they do…? His eyes slowly fluttered open, a distant look coming to his eyes as he gaze down at his feet. They needed to move! If they didn’t then… The poison within Kali and Kara’s body would slowly kill them!

Chrono’s golden orbs began to narrow, completely against the idea of remaining seated. The longer they sat here, the more vulnerable they would be! If he knew Sho as well as hw thought he did, then he knew Sho was watching them and already planning her next move. A wave of more and stronger demons would be on their way soon to take out the new threat. ”As much as you would prefer to sit here and try to relax… We can’t just keep sitting here. We’re too vulnerable.” Chrono replied, reaching a clawed hand to touch at his face, nearly flinching back at the his own touch. His mind was still screaming with questions that demanded answers. Why now? Couldn’t he have waited for a better time to reveal his true form? ”I know that the three of you must be tired from being in the maze and having gone through what you did, but I suggest we get moving. Your light Kara is just a beckon for the demons to come find us. Not to mention, the more you use your powers the more the poison within you could affect you. I would suggest to you to lower down your lights, but the child seems scared of the darkness.” He paused, taking a moment to look over to the child sitting beside Kali and after watching over him for a few moments he had to turn away to hide the saddened look that came to his face as a result of his being the reason why Taji was scared in the first place. Now was not the time to show any weaknesses! He needed to be strong for his group’s sake!

With a small grunt, Chrono stretched out his long legs and pressed his hands on the ground, lifting himself up into a better sitting position. ”Anyway, we’re going to have to keep moving. I don’t know if you can sense it but the threat isn’t over just yet. More demons are on the way…” Chrono replied, picking up his gun and placing it away at his side. ”We need to get out of here before… Something happens to you guys.” His voice grew silent then as he got to his feet, his golden orbs narrowed and blazing with a sudden determination. ‘If I’m going to be staying in this form for a while, the least I can do is protect them from any dangers.’ He thought to himself before turning to face the others, his wings stretched out coming to their full length for a quick stretch, before folding up against his back. He turned his attention over to Kali and offered a hand for her to take. ”I know that you must be hurting, your movements make it obvious. If you’d like I can carry you.” He suggested, hoping that Kali would take him up on his offer. No matter what may happen I will protect you… Chrono thought to himself, offering Kali a rare smile.

User Image

===---ӿ Overdosed On [siz=14]C
ompassion ӿ---===

ӿLocation:
In a maze
ӿPeople around me:
Kali, Kara and Taji
ӿThoughts:
… We can’t just keep sitting here!

Suzaku Yo's Queen

Firebreathing Dragon

19,725 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
Suzaku the Saint Beast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Suzaku pondered Zane's plan for a bit before turning to him and nodding, a cruel smile on his face. So Zane was showing his weaknesses. Take the children and you invoked his anger. How.. common. But he knew the power of close bonds now, so he was going to let this weakness, and the weakness of apologizing to the bratty angel with the aura that was too dangerous without a second thought, slide for now "I shall assist you in your search, Zane. Genbu, Murugu, you know what you need to do. I trust you got the auras already?"
The stone head rumbled a confirmation as Murugu nodded. As soon as the two items had been brought out, they had both fixed thier minds on it to memorize the unique aura traces. "Then leave. I shall keep in contact with both of you." he had only recently learned how to telepathically communicate with his minions, a trait which Zane seemed well able to do. It irked him.
Genbu receded into the ground again, moving quickly though the ground to the area the portal opened to, and Murugu simply flew through the portal to do her scouting. Suzaku turned to Zane "I trust you can keep in contact with yours searchers, so lets go down and do some... questioning." A dangerous gleam was in his eye as he turned and hopped though the portal, landing and surveying the outskirts of a marketplace.
The demons there watched the blond demon with wariness, those that werent doing thier own shopping, He felt his aura crackle, and clenched a fist, arcs of lighting traveling along his arm. He would enjoy this questioning.

~~~
Genbu traveled through the ground, following faint traces of auras, looking for ones similar. Several dead ends, and then he found a trace of aura that matched the one named Taji. It was a common thing to be able to mark a place with a trace of aura, and he turned and followed. This was it.

Currently serving the Master

JINFINITE's Bae

Hilarious Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.x
x
                                                Taji tried as he might to get Kali to relax and put something in her stomach, but the already thin girl was finding it difficult to grow to the idea of eating in a situation like the one the small group were found to be in. The young woman shifted into a more comfortable position, eyes dropping to stare at her feet – or more accurately, through them. Her head was as light as a cloud, spinning like a whirling vortex of slurred thoughts and blurred images. She didn’t feel well, and it was becoming more evident the more her body calmed itself. Her wiry arms wound around her stomach, lips pressed into a fine line as she withdrew herself from any conversation around her. She willed the sick feeling to fade away, but it only grew stronger. Before she knew it her body was trembling again, eyelids sinking as the sweat grew along her skin, fighting whatever was trying to invade her body. With so little to support her system, the poison was probably spreading at a smooth rate. A cold chill ran through her now-inflamed skin. Her mind tried to slip through the cracks and regain her stability, but it was a quickly losing battle and she sighed softly to herself, a hand lifting from her stomach to touch her face, fingers clammy and cold.

A spontaneous interruption stole her attention away from the oncoming illness, eyes widening and darting over her shoulder to a now panicking Taji. She stared with a slightly gapped mouth, the color draining from her skin as his frantic cries recoiled from the walls and bounced down the seemingly endless halls. A pained grimace and she bit her lip to try and calm herself, feeling her stomach churn as the emotions created torrents over her heart. It wasn’t often that Kali was around others. As a result, she was inexperienced with emotional instability in other people. She looked wildly to Kara and Chrono, almost pleadingly. But her voice wouldn’t come out, and she found herself useless, sitting in a pile of confusion and uncertainty. She gasped as his grip held tightly to her small frame, to the point of pain. A strangled noise protruded from deep in her chest, finding it difficult to breathe as his grip continued to increase – she could feel it, his fear. The entirety that was Taji poured from his fingers to her skin and she didn’t know what to do.

He’d let go and she quickly hugged herself, turning her head to look at him again, her lip quivering. She could feel the sore places he’d held her begin to pulse as blood rushed back into them. He’d curled up then and she slowly reached out a shaking hand, but the panic swept through her as her fingertips came close and she pulled her hand back, looking away shamefully. She couldn’t bring herself to further initiate physical contact – just remembering how she’d hugged Chrono nearly tipped the fragile dragonfly over the edge into hysteria, where she wanted to run and hide and never interact with others again. She couldn’t do it. Her skin crawled at the thought. As his pleas and apologies ricochet around them, she felt the tears welling again – for an entirely different reason than before. She wanted to apologize to him, to console him and tell him it’d be alright. But alas, Kali’s voice was long gone, the toll of earlier events more dangerous than originally thought. As red began to seep into his nails, Kali’s face scrunched up in horror and guilt, hands flying over her mouth and an odd, mousy cry flinging from her throat.

Kali nearly missed the dragon woman addressing her, catching the last of her name being spoken – or her nickname, rather. She quickly looked at Kara and almost moved away, but when she’d redirected the dragonfly’s attention to Taji, she felt the struggle again. She looked down and away from the stranger, fingers digging into her stomach, bunching up the material tightly enough to whiten her knuckles. Help him? How? She didn’t really know Taji that well... She couldn’t even help herself. What could she do? Touching him was out of the question. Speaking was, too. So what could she do? As the well of guilt continued to rise, it slipped down her face and dribbled down her neck, into the material of her dress and further down her skin underneath. Slowly, she forced her arm to extend. Her fingers brushed Taji's shoulder, and despite her body lurching fearfully, she shakily pushed on, touching his hair. And then, when one imagined it couldn’t get any worse, it did. A hiss of surprise and Kali was staring at Chrono. Her body turned into a block of ice, frozen from movement and lost for breath. She watched as he hit the wall with his fist. She moved to stop him, but couldn’t budge past an inch. Her hands held up in mid-air, she looked like a mime performing a show – a tragedy, painted white and red.

He did it again and Kali felt as if he’d struck her directly, recoiling back and leaning away, clutching one hand to her chest within the other, expression wild and confused. She looked between him and Taji and felt the nausea surface, strong and determined. She nearly doubled over there but struggled with herself, instead closing her eyes and focusing on calming down before an already terrible situation became even worse. She clung to the darkness behind her eyelids, trying her best to ignore the stars and flashes of light that attacked it and threatened to overwhelm her. It was suddenly quiet on Chrono’s end, but she could hear the whimpers and whines from her ally off to the side, and she involuntarily hiccuped, arms lifting to wipe at her soggy face. Useless, useless, useless.... She bent over her lap, curled into herself and hiding beneath a shield of hair. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.... And then a voice was directed her way and she gasped, opening her eyes and tilting her head up to look at Chrono through a messy curtain of pink. She looked away thoughtfully, his bloodied knuckles vivid in her mind.

She wanted to say no, because he was hurt. Because she couldn’t handle more contact. Because she was being an inconvenience on everyone. But really, could she move? She gasped suddenly, leaning back over and placing a hand over her mouth as something shot up her throat, burning fiercely and stinging her tongue. Reflex made her swallow the offending bile, her other hand pushing stubbornly on her stomach. She coughed violently. Sniffing pathetically, she nodded slowly, avoiding his gaze and inevitably missing his uncommon smile. I’m sorry, everyone. I failed again.

x
                                                x

6,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hello everyone! Now, I know that we've been having some fun in the caves but we're going to do a short little time skip!
It's time to see the light of day once again!

Stein: Finally, I get to see you pretty people in the light of day...

Yusuke: Finally, I'm sick of being in this damn cave.

Shorin: WHY ARE ALL THE GIRLS GONE!?

Yusuke: -sigh- . . .now I want to head back in the cave. . .

SO LET'S GET THIS TIME SKIP GOING!!

6,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Shorin

User Image
Shorin sighed as he walked through the cave quietly, grumbling darkly to himself as he shuffled along. One minute he was standing there talking to two blue haired beauties and then they disappeared. Were they an illusion all along? Maybe this entire situation was no more than an illusion, set in place by that. . .woman. Snapping back to focus, his eyes lit up to a bright silver color, yellow bolts of lightning striking in his pupils. Suddenly, the small bird he summoned at Genkai's temple, bust out of his palm, lighting the way for him to go. Shorin may have felt weak but at least he knew how to conserve a good deal of his energy. Sometimes, being 200 years old had its subtle perks. . .this was one of them.
Slowly, he found himself approaching Kuronue and he blinked. It looked like he had been having a conversation with someone. . .but who? Maybe he was hallucinating as well but it didn't matter. At least he had found SOMEONE. Slowly, he thought back to the temple, racking his brain quietly.
"Uh. . .Kuronue, I think your name was? I uh. . .I know this is gonna sound weird but I just had two people in front of me disappear entirely. Please tell me that you're real,"Shorin said softly, knowing how crazy he probably sounded.
It was then, he could see the mouth of the cave beginning to open up, much to his surprise. Of course, Shorin had no idea that Genbu was the one opening the mouth of the cave up to them but he certainly wasn't going to complain.
"If you are real Kuronue, let's get the hell out of here before I lose anymore power,"Shorin said, and sighed in relief as he stepped into the sunlight, a happy sigh escaping his lips.
It was almost immediately that he felt his powers rushing back to him. A small smile came to his lips and he couldn't help that jagged bolts of lightning danced along his body, almost threatening to leap out of him. Slowly, he cracked his neck and looked back into the cave, wondering who all would be coming out. . .or even if there would be any others trapped inside the cave as well.

6,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Zane
Demon King

User Image
Zane sighed quietly as he downed the glass of blood wine, his eyes narrowed dangerously. At the very least, it seemed Suzaku would be willing to assist in the search, which was good. With that creature Genbu on their side, finding the others should be fairly easy. Slowly, he stepped towards the balcony, and looked out at the city that he had lit on fire and he chuckled darkly to himself. Hearing those screams. . .oh, the chills that it sent down his spine. Often times, he wouldn't or even couldn't indulge like this, especially with Kali around. That girl had lived a terrible life before he came around so who was he to make it worse?
Suddenly, he felt a faint glimpse of Kali and Taji's power, and his eyes opened wide. Immediately, he enveloped himself and Suzaku within the darkness dragon, and the world spun around them wildly. Within seconds there were standing mere meters away from the mouth of the cave and it seemed Shorin was already there.
"I have to admit that I'm quite pleased with your. . .ah, friend Genbu. He managed to find this cave rather quickly. . .and I swear I'm going to kill whoever did this,”he muttered softly, the darkness flames still surrounding his feet.
Slowly, he crossed his arms over his chest, and he waited quietly for the two of them to appear. There were many auras swirling inside the cave and he could feel them all now that the cave was open to them. So far, it seemed that Kali and Taji were alive which was good. If there were so much as HURT he would make whoever it was have a slow and painful death.
"Suzaku. . .some of our friends are inside that cave. . .why don't we have a little fun with them when they exit?"Zane said quietly as a cynical smile curled at his lips.
They still needed to gather the remaining two items and if they could weaken the others even further why the hell not? Touya was in that cave. . .he was finally able to regain that connection that he needed. Now, he could see that Touya was with. . .Yusuke it seemed and some character that looked like a doctor.
Shaking his head, he returned his focus to the mouth of the cave and stared at Shorin. This was someone he wasn't familiar with but until he was spoken to, there was no need to start a conversation. After all, he had no desire to listen to the prattling of a moron. Finally, he called his son and Neahmin, opening up that telepathic connection once more, allowing Suzaku to be connected this time.
Nea, Lucifer, I need you both to lock onto my aura and make your way over here. Our friends are inside the cave and I think that it would be. . .rude if we didn't welcome them properly and Nea, Touya is inside that cave. . .and I know he misses you,Zane told them, that same insane smile seeming plastered to his lips.

6,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image

Yusuke Urameshi
Spirit Detective

User Image
Yusuke sighed after what seemed like a good two hours of walking around in the cave. Thankfully, Stein had kept his distance pretty well but Yusuke was beginning to feel. . .funny. His cheeks were flushed and he kept looking at Touya almost eagerly, the way he shouldn't look at anyone but Jin. But in this darkness. . .and that cool green glow around Touya, he couldn't seem to help himself. Slowly, he looked at Touya, and before he knew it, he was moving closer.
"Touya. . .I don't know what the hell is going on. . .,"he muttered, gently pushing Touya against the cave wall, his lips brushing against Touya's for a brief moment before kissing him.
It was then that light suddenly washed over them and his eyes snapped open. W-What the hell was he doing!? Why was Touya kissing him? Slowly, he pulled away from Touya, his eyebrow raised curiously.
"Touya. . .no,"he said shortly as he began muttering quietly, making his exit from the cave.

Stein couldn't help but chuckle as he watched the interaction between the two of them. It was interesting, to say the least, watching the poison take a rather. . .interesting effect on Yusuke. However, when the cave opened up, an eyebrow raised curiously and a small smile came to his lips. It seemed that Sho had disappeared. . .well that was just fine by him. It gave him a little while longer to play with his new friends and possibly meet some others that he would like to. . .play with.
As he exited the cave with the two of them he eyed Shorin curiously, twisting the gear in his head. A lit cigarette still dangled from his lips and he squinted as the sunlight hit him with full force. It had been quite some time since he had been out and about in the sunlight so this was all new to him as well. Suddenly, a scared expression came over him and he couldn't help but shrink behind Touya somewhat, true fear on his face.
"I haven't been outside and not in a lab for years. . .this is. . .frightening," he admitted quietly and he twisted the bolt in his head quickly, biting down on his lip.

Yusuke blinked when he heard Stein speak and he glanced at him quietly. So the mad doctor was actually showing some fear? That was something that he wasn't expecting from the mad scientist. As he walked forward, he growled out in anger seeing Suzaku and Zane standing there as if waiting for them! Suddenly, his aura flared around him, and in a split second he was back to his demonic form. With narrowed eyes he waited quietly, wondering why the hell they were suddenly here. Was the doctor actually afraid or was he waiting for another perfect moment to attack? And just why the hell did Zane have to attack when there was no telling how many of them were here. . .
"Dammit. . .why the hell can't I be psychic and call the others,"he muttered, seeming to brace himself for an attack he seemed sure would be coming.

Ice-Cold Genius

User ImageUser Image

Mood: Mildly annoyed -- Curious xxx Location: Bar – Standing outside some cave? xxx Company: Little winged brat and his friends? OOC:

G e n a i

Lucifer was quick to make his getaway from Zane and the others. He made sure to tell Nea to find him if something should come up and slipped through the portal, hoping the winged woman would actually do as he asked told her to do. ”Don’t worry Papa! I’ll be sure to contact you if I find anything!” The boy chimed before vanishing from the castle.

Once he made his way out of the portal, he was greeted by a large selection of unknown faces staring back at him with wide curious eyes. ”What?” He nearly hissed in anger, his angelic wings spreading wide behind him as he stomped on the ground, causing the demons to take a few steps back, panic and fear evident in their eyes. ”You never see anyone just randomly step out of a portal before? No, I figured as much. Bunch of worthless lowlifes…” He hissed, and began to walk off in search of some vital information. But not without having a little fun of his own of course… He let out a small laugh as he stretched out his wings, hitting the demons that dared to surround him right in the face, causing them to fall to the ground. ”You’d get out of my way if you knew what was good for you!” Lucifer sneered at the demons as they went scurrying off with their tails between their legs. Oh, lowly demons were the most flattering form of entertainment sometimes, the child thought to himself as he let out a laugh.

Lucifer continued floating along the village, asking various demons if they saw Kali or Taji, being sure to describe them exactly to the demon in question. Each person he spoke to, he was faced with the same answer ‘no’, before rushing off. Lucifer let out a growl, feeling his temper beginning to bubble to the surface. Maybe, just maybe he should burn this place down and go on somewhere else! But no, there may be the slight possibility that someone would know something in this town! So, despite himself, Lucifer did his best to keep his temper in check as he grit his teeth, floating off in search of more demons to interrogate.

A short while later, just when Lucifer was about ready to give up and destroy the town for the fun of it, a rather strong and intimidating aura filled his senses, causing the little angel to visibly shudder. Who would dare flaunt such strong demonic aura so freely? Were they looking for a fight or something? Lucifer blinked, turning his head in the direction of the aura to notice it coming from a local bar. So, this person was a drinker, huh? With a shrug, Lucifer turned off in the direction of the aura and made his way into the bar. As he made his way inside, he noticed a bunch of demons sitting around a table, muttering things with one another. One demon paused in his words, glancing over in Lucifer’s direction before turning away looking to a particular demon that sat slouched over the counter a drink in hand. A slender brow rose as Lucifer turned to stare at what the demon was looking at, and quickly found out that the person sitting at the counter was the one he was in search of! Lucifer couldn’t help but grin as he flew over and sat down beside him. From sitting, the angel could easily tell that the man was rather tall, six foot tall at least if not better… He was in the most unusual of fashions! He wore a simple white hat, with a jacket, with the sleeve to the left arm tore off, with a long black sleeved shirt beneath it. He wore black pants and had a pair of white cowboy boots. But what seemed to fascinate Lucifer the most about this man, beside his aura of course, was the black mask he wore over his eyes, and his unusually pale skin…

The man in question sniffed at the air, his nose suddenly crinkling at the scent of the holy aura radiating of the person next to him as he turned his head in the direction of Lucifer, baring his fangs. “What… Are you looking at?” He snarled out before lifting his cup up, taking another swig. Though, truth be told… This man actually couldn’t see Lucifer staring at him… But you didn’t need to have eyes to know when someone was boring holes into you with an intensive stare!

Lucifer’s wings fluttered in response to the other’s deep voice, his snarling snippet was enough to send chills running down the child’s spine. How delightful~ “Well… I was just wandering around the town when I picked up your rather impressive aura. I just had to see who it was coming from! So, I came in here and well… Here we are!” Lucifer chimed, a small smile coming to his face. The man beside began to growl clearly not one for small talk. Lucifer flinched, shifting his eyes around frantically trying to think of something that would keep the man’s attention. “Anyway… I um… I had to come see you. It’s so strong and intimidating. I can’t help but say I’m impressed~” Lucifer continued on, feeling himself starting to shrink away as the cowboy let out another growl, purposely flaunting his aura. A couple of demons that were in the bar suddenly sick to their stomach at the strength of the aura and quickly got up from their seats and went running off. Sad to say, this wasn’t even ten percent of his strength he was displaying at the moment…

Yeah… Now hurry and get to the point. What. Do. You. Want?” He snapped suddenly, taking the last swig of his drink before slamming the glass on the counter. "Another one!” He called out, and the tender quickly went to work fixing up another drink.

Lucifer could only grin at this, feeling his excitement beginning to peak. Oh this man was interesting… “Well, let’s just say… I was so pleased by your aura. I wanted to come in and offer you something…” Lucifer chimed, a dark look coming to his face. The demon slowly turned his head in Lucifer’s direction, seemingly interested. What would this little runt have to offer him? When there was no response offered, Lucifer took it as a means to continue. At least he had the guys full attention now! “Let’s just say… I am a person that knows a person of great power. Zane, the future ruler of the Makai.” Lucifer had to pause, nearly gagging over his words. Nice Lucifer, be nice… He mentally coaxed himself before continuing. “And your strength would be something Zane would love to have to help him in his quest. In turn, you seem like a blood thirsty kinda guy, so this can work out well for you. I mean—Anyway! If you come with me, and meet Zane, I can personally assure you a little slice of heaven once Zane accomplishes his goal~” Lucifer replied, watching as Genai turned away from him, reaching out to grab at the cup that was placed down in front of him.

Lucifer looked on as the moments ticked by, a sudden feeling clenching at his gut. What if he didn’t want to join? Did Lucifer lay it on too strong? The white haired demon let out a small humming noise as he placed the cup to his lips and tilted it back, taking a long and slow thoughtful sip as he contemplated the offer. A piece of power over the Makai in turn for meeting Zane? Well, it would be a start he supposed. “Hm. If I find him interesting… If he isn’t just some other wannabe ruler… I think I’ll take you up on the offer. But, there’s no rushing me. If I don’t want to, or decide that he isn’t good enough to even breath the same air as I do… I’m leaving.” The demon spoke of his conditions as he gently placed the glass down on the table.

Lucifer on the inside was mentally giggling with glee, outwardly however, he remained passive and calm a smile on his face. “ Completely understood! You give us a try, and if you don’t like us you can go on your way. No repercussion whatsoever!” Lucifer replied, reaching out his hand to the other demon as in means of a handshake.

The white haired male let out a small grunt, reaching his free hand out to grab at Lucifer’s giving it a small shake before letting go. He was never really one for handshakes anyway or touching for that matter. “Fine. Then I’ll accept.” Genai confirmed, before turning away, going back to drinking his drink.

Lucifer’s dark grin crossed his face as he clasped his hands together, his mind already scheming and plotting. Oh how useful this man would be to him when he decided to overthrow Zane for power~ “Oh, I don’t think I caught your name. Can’t have you being nameless you know. My name is Lucifer by the way.” Lucifer replied, turning his stare over to the demon beside him as he introduced himself.

The name’s Genai.” Genai replied simply, giving a small shrug of his shoulders as he took another swig of his drink. Lucifer at this moment as the man introduced himself nearly fell off his chair at the name. Genai… As in Genai the older brother of the Great King Chrono?! Oh, how the fates are working with him right now.

Just as Lucifer was about to order himself a drink, he received a telepathic message from his father, alerting him and the others that he managed to find Yusuke and his little friends. A dark grin formed on his lips as he spun in his chair to face his new companion. ”Well, you’re looking like a man that wants to have some fun… And I think I may have just the opportunity for you~ What wonderful news right?” Lucifer chimed, watching as Genai turned his head in Lucifier’s direction, gently placing his glass down on the table in front of him. ”Let’s just say Zane has called me to go have some fun with some friends. Really strong people as well! I think they would pose as a challenge to the brother of the great Chrono the—Ack!” Lucifer was cut off as a strong hand suddenly reached out and took him by the strap of his outfit.

Don’t you dare speak that vile name in my presence you little runt!” Genai growled out, inching his face closer to the little angel. Lucifer narrowed his eyes, showing that he wasn’t afraid or wasn’t going to back down from a challenge. “I am far greater than that pathetic demon traitor. But these people you talk of… If they’re really as strong as you say, then I suppose I can give it a go. However…” He pulled Lucifer even closer so that they were sitting inches apart. Lucifer scrunched his nose, the look in his eyes nearly begging Genai to hit him. However, the white haired male did no such thing, but instead tried his best to instill fear within the child. “If these people prove to be a waste of my time… Then I will have no choice but to take it out on you… Is that clear?” Genai growled out before releasing his grip on Lucifer’s shirt. At the sudden loss of the balance holding him, Lucifer unceremoniously stumbled back in his spot before falling to the ground. Genai’s lips twisted into that of a demonic grin as he picked his drink up and took the last swig of his drink before getting to his feet, his cowboy looking boots landing down on the ground with a soft thud.

Lucifer got into a sitting position, a small pout on his face as he mentally contacted his father. ‘You found them already? Well boo… I was hoping to find out some information before you did. But whatever, I’m coming back to you now Papa! Oh, and I made a new friend~ I think you’ll like him when I bring him to you~’ Lucifer chimed to his father, a small grin coming to his face as he got to his feet and began to hover a few inches off the ground.

Genai turned in Lucifer’s direction seeing the sensing the sudden change in the air. So, this little brat could really use his wings after all, hmm? “Hurry up and let’s get going already. I hate waiting…” He huffed, proceeding to fold his arms over his chest. Lucifer gave a small nod of his head and locked on to his father’s unique energy and went floating off. “So… This father of yours… What’s he like?” Genai asked as he proceeded to follow after Lucifer, listening intently as the little angel went on to describe his father.

It was a short while later, did Lucifer sense his father’s energy growing stronger with each flap of his wings. He also took note to the various other new energies that seemed to surround him. But just as he was going to get within sight of everyone, it was then that one of the unfamiliar auras seemed to grow taking on a more demonic tint. Lucifer tilted his head to the side, blinking a few times. “Looks like we might be getting there just in time Genai! Papa must be waiting on me to start fighting~” Lucifer chimed, his sky blue eyes proceeding to shimmer with delight. Yes, he may have wanted to kill Zane with every fiber of his being… But that didn’t mean he could act like a child at times~

Genai on the other hand continued walking beside Lucifer, a proud beat to his steps as he drew in whiff of air, picking up on each person’s unique scent. There had to be… seven? Eight people at least standing around. But what were they doing just standing there? Were they having a staring contest of sorts? If they were ‘enemies’ as the brat described them to be… Why did he not smell the blood? This thought alone irritated the white haired demon to no end. “What’s with this? No blood? The hell type of enemies are they? If this is going to result in nothing more than a staring contest, them I’m just going to leave…” Genai bitterly snapped at the angel, as he continued walking off in the direction of the powerful auras. He wasn’t going to admit this out loud of course, but inwardly he was shivering with delight. Such strong and powerful auras! They seemed like such a challenge! Genai might have fun with this after all!

Lucifer let out a soft sigh, reaching a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose in mild annoyance. “Don’t worry… You’ll get your fun.” Lucifer called out, grinning in the others direction before he went sprinting off in the direction of Zane. "Zane! I’m here~” Lucifer called out in the air before settling down beside Zane, a pleased grin coming to his face. He knew better than to call Zane ‘papa’, in front of the enemies. Bad guys couldn’t have any signs of attachments to others or something like that… Whatever, it didn’t matter.”Thank you so much for wait for me~” Lucifer chimed, turning his attention to the ones standing in front of the cave entrance, giving a small tilt of his head as he studied each one of his enemies up. The one that seemed to stick out the most however was the one with the… really long hair. This one, the little angel immediately identified as the great Yusuke Urameshi! ”So… Lemme guess, the one with the long hair is Yusuke Urameshi. The others…” He paused, glancing to the rest of the group, a small frown settling upon his face, disappointed by them and their aura. They were strong yes, but nothing enough to peak Lucifer’s interest. ”Nah. Not interesting to me at all. You know what? No one is of interest to me right now. And I know you want to deal with Yusuke, so I think I’m going to sit this one out.” Lucifer replied, giving a small shrug of his shoulders as he began to float higher into the air, deeming himself as the aerial spectator.

Genai on the other hand made his appearance, his footsteps coming to a stop beside the one the child referred to as Zane. He took a moment to glance over to Suzaku, before shaking his head, returning his attention back to Zane. “So, you’re the one I’ve heard so much about… Zane. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve read about your work. He spoke nothing but good things about you.” Genai replied, offering a compliment, along with a tilt of his hat – a thing he rarely does, as he pointed up to the child floating in the air above them. But he knew that Zane was the one trying to come to power, so he figured if he got in good with the next leader of the Makai, he may have a seat in power… But that doesn’t mean that Genai will snap at him out of anger, or turn on him if it meant gaining something for his own interests~ He turned his head off in the direction in the direction of Yusuke and his group and gave a small tilt of his head. There was another presence that still seemed to linger within the cave, a presence that seemed to interest him greatly. It was faint, but so familiar… Why? Could it be that it was… No! Why would he be with this group? “” He continued to listen out in the direction of the cave, hoping to hear a familiar voice that went with the familiar aura. No, Genai wouldn’t be pleased if the person turned out to be the person he was thinking they were but… All those years of searching would come to an end. Genai would finally prove to himself and the world that he was the stronger brother and the one that was in deserving of the throne! “However… I want to see a test of your great strength Zane. Impress me, and I will join your side…” Genai spoke to Zane, unfolding his arms letting his hands fall into his pockets.

Thoughts: ...This better be worth my while you brat…

Note: Profile is made by Tenrou Kunagi, and is used with her permission.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff