Welcome to Gaia! ::

No, just about everything on that list is ridiculous. Almost all differences between men and women are a result of our cultural standards. Women are not "naturally modest", and men do not have a "nature as hunter-conquerors".
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
So what if he's an extremist? Should I not feel extremely upset that this extremist is spewing this horseshit? That he is bashing a movement that is responsible for women being given freedom, options and choices? You really should read his post about feminism. He claims some pretty ridiculous s**t about it.

Why is it okay for him to be an extremist, but Medias "extreme" reaction is somehow put down as bad?
In short your should never stoop down to there level they will make you stupid and then beat you with experience. but really what good is it going to do to get upset and argue with that type? when someone as at that extreme point you cant argue you just have to show them different and let them see. if they close there eyes then they are hopeless and you didn't wast you breath. . not matter what side of this they are if you get mad at them and get all militant it just exacerbates everything.
Even if I don't stoop to his level, I'm still stupid. It's why he believes women need men to create the future and why he believes that feminism itself has caused the collapse of the nuclear family ('cause men never walk out on their families! and if they do, it's cause feminism caused their mothers to raise them badly!). I do see what you are saying, but this is the one kind of stupid that literally just makes my blood boil. He's entitled to his beliefs just as I am mine, but it pisses me off that this crap still exists and obviously is alive and well. I get what you are saying, but my blood boils regardless.

And in short, there is no reasoning with this guy. He's already proved it in his comments. One poster says that the crap he is posting about feminism is just outright not true and he replied back with "Does not compute."

I get it though. I do.
well like i said if you want to fix this kind of thing then you must bring them closer to your ideas not run them off anger they are expecting anger and there guard is shattered when you act in kind instead of getting mad. just keep that in mind if you dont you risk become like him just on the south pole of his north.
I agreed with you up until the point you decided to say that if I don't act in kindness, I risk becoming like him, just on the south side. That's totally not true. To be the south of his north, I'd have to think the exact opposite. Me disliking him and his views does not mean I risk becoming like him. He's not disrespectful in his tone either. He's just a sexist.
you always risk become like the ones that get under you skin. sorry but its true, you always risk losing who you are to do what you think is right. this is why we have the saying the road to hell is paved with good intention

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
So what if he's an extremist? Should I not feel extremely upset that this extremist is spewing this horseshit? That he is bashing a movement that is responsible for women being given freedom, options and choices? You really should read his post about feminism. He claims some pretty ridiculous s**t about it.

Why is it okay for him to be an extremist, but Medias "extreme" reaction is somehow put down as bad?
In short your should never stoop down to there level they will make you stupid and then beat you with experience. but really what good is it going to do to get upset and argue with that type? when someone as at that extreme point you cant argue you just have to show them different and let them see. if they close there eyes then they are hopeless and you didn't wast you breath. . not matter what side of this they are if you get mad at them and get all militant it just exacerbates everything.
Even if I don't stoop to his level, I'm still stupid. It's why he believes women need men to create the future and why he believes that feminism itself has caused the collapse of the nuclear family ('cause men never walk out on their families! and if they do, it's cause feminism caused their mothers to raise them badly!). I do see what you are saying, but this is the one kind of stupid that literally just makes my blood boil. He's entitled to his beliefs just as I am mine, but it pisses me off that this crap still exists and obviously is alive and well. I get what you are saying, but my blood boils regardless.

And in short, there is no reasoning with this guy. He's already proved it in his comments. One poster says that the crap he is posting about feminism is just outright not true and he replied back with "Does not compute."

I get it though. I do.
well like i said if you want to fix this kind of thing then you must bring them closer to your ideas not run them off anger they are expecting anger and there guard is shattered when you act in kind instead of getting mad. just keep that in mind if you dont you risk become like him just on the south pole of his north.
I agreed with you up until the point you decided to say that if I don't act in kindness, I risk becoming like him, just on the south side. That's totally not true. To be the south of his north, I'd have to think the exact opposite. Me disliking him and his views does not mean I risk becoming like him. He's not disrespectful in his tone either. He's just a sexist.
you always risk become like the ones that get under you skin. sorry but its true, you always risk losing who you are to do what you think is right. this is why we have the saying the road to hell is paved with good intention
I don't see it, but you can have your opinion as I have mine. (:

Shameless Mystic

GunsmithKitten
brandieliza
Mik Laid
I was sent this website a few days ago and since seeing it, I'm kind of astonished. I think it's just plain sexist, but I'd like to see what the piranhas of the ED think. It's called "What Women Never Hear" and it's a blog this written by a man with three sons. It basically puts men and women into gender roles like no one else I've seen and then adds a dash of blaming only women for marital problems/men's problems and pretty much any issue they have.

What Women Never Hear. This first link is the about page, just so it's up there fair and square. He expresses that he supports feminism (after reading some of his posts, I disagree) among other sentiments.

Just so you can get a taste, 1960. Compatibility Axioms #322-330.

A quick recap: God designs, Nature endows, and hormones energize us to be compatible with a mate. We match up easily in many ways.
322. Men are driven to overcome Nature and other barriers, compete with men, and shape human events. Women need a brighter future for them and theirs. Compatible matchup? [126]
323. Men just need a place to flop, eat, and throw their things. Women are driven to nest, nurture, and nestle with loved ones. Compatible matchup? [126]
324. Men want the freedom to pursue their nature as hunter-conquerors and target high value prey. For example, men don’t mount rabbit heads in their den or pursue women they find unappealing. Women want help when they need it in a world they cannot dominate. Compatible potential?
325. Women are born pretty. Men are born handy. Compatible matchup?
326. Women fear abandonment. Men fear insignificance. By promoting their man’s significance, women demote their fear. Compatible potential?
327. Men have a natural inclination for directness and impatience. Women are endowed with the talent for indirectness strengthened by patience. Their willingness to be flexible and negotiate enables them to gain ultimate influence in relationships to the advantage of them and children. Compatible potential?
328. Man-think primarily focuses men on the present. Woman-think primarily focuses women on the future. Compatible potential?
329. Women are motivated to enhance their sense of importance through relationships. Men are motivated to earn self-admiration through accomplishments. Compatible potential?
330. Women are naturally modest. Men are not but respect women for insistence on it. Compatible potential?

Or this one about Nagging?

Her Highness Emma at post 1955 said this. “We need love and constant reminder that I “wife” is the most important person in His life. Somewhere this was lost and the wife becomes the nagging wife trying to get her hubby to show appreciation.” She is right on both counts. My response is to try anything and everything to avoid nagging.

Nagging flows out of the natural motivational differences between the sexes. A woman’s prime motivation in life is to earn a sense of self-importance and she expects input from others to confirm it. Married, she expects primary confirmation from husband. When she figures that he takes her for granted, she cannot live with the uncertainty and so she obligates herself to do something.

There are tons of posts he makes. Also, the spoilers have lots of text.

So, ED, what do you think about this website?
How do you feel about the generalizations made about both men and women?

i think this is the most sexist thing ive ever come about in my life.

Man, you haven't hung around the internet long, have you?
I was going to say the same thing. This is relatively tame by comparison.
low iq 111
okay this is sloppy but i will just take bits out and discuss it:
>Once old enough and they learn to pursue their self-interest, they do whatever the female gender requires for frequent and convenient access to sex.

yeah but apparently also shame women for having sex as well...so i disagree with this.

> One simple example: Men fear insignificance, women fear abandonment.

everyone fears both.

>I attack the fallout of Feminism as unwitting penalty to women, children, and families.

yeah somewhat i suppose. but not entirely. needs more specification tbh. i'm sort of confused and unconvinced.

>feminists tore down the most fundamental foundation of successful man-woman relationships—unconditional respect for the opposite sex equal to or greater than respect for one’s own gender.

so all along it was up to females to have unconditional respect? maybe it fell apart because males never had it and females finally got tired of it? is that what this guy is saying? which i disagree with if so, but it sounds like that's what he's saying

>The feminist agenda promotes disrespect of men.

you literally just said all men care about is sex and success. no fear of abandonment or relationships. don't talk about disrespect.

the main things feminism did was get females the right to vote and encouragement to be in positions of more power and influence. there were some negative things as well about the movement. but the main things are very important. also, i'm pretty sure, there was a lot of spousal abuse that women have had to face up until feminism came about.

...lists of gender roles...yeah okay and if you don't live up to these macho standards you're shooting yourself in the foot...how about get a grip and not be so square about life...
I'm curious, in your own words, what do you think the negative things about the feminist movement are?
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid
theothermanoverthere
Mik Laid

I get it though. I do.

Sexism is a moral judgement, not a fact judgement.

Familiar Friend

Henrika
low iq 111
>Once old enough and they learn to pursue their self-interest, they do whatever the female gender requires for frequent and convenient access to sex.

yeah but apparently also shame women for having sex as well...so i disagree with this.

everyone fears both.

>I attack the fallout of Feminism as unwitting penalty to women, children, and families.

yeah somewhat i suppose. but not entirely. needs more specification tbh. i'm sort of confused and unconvinced.

>feminists tore down the most fundamental foundation of successful man-woman relationships—unconditional respect for the opposite sex equal to or greater than respect for one’s own gender.

so all along it was up to females to have unconditional respect? maybe it fell apart because males never had it and females finally got tired of it? is that what this guy is saying? which i disagree with if so, but it sounds like that's what he's saying

you literally just said all men care about is sex and success. no fear of abandonment or relationships. don't talk about disrespect.

the main things feminism did was get females the right to vote and encouragement to be in positions of more power and influence. there were some negative things as well about the movement. but the main things are very important. also, i'm pretty sure, there was a lot of spousal abuse that women have had to face up until feminism came about.

...lists of gender roles...yeah okay and if you don't live up to these macho standards you're shooting yourself in the foot...how about get a grip and not be so square about life...
I'm curious, in your own words, what do you think the negative things about the feminist movement are?

sex positivism...nanny state

actually

feminism was important at the time, i agree with it...but im an anarchist/communist now and thats really the only way there is true equality...we shouldnt have equal number of powerful females and males but instead give everyone a fair chance
low iq 111
Henrika
low iq 111

everyone fears both.

actually

feminism was important at the time, i agree with it...but im an anarchist/communist now and thats really the only way there is true equality...we shouldnt have equal number of powerful females and males but instead give everyone a fair chance
Why is sex positivism bad?

How did feminism encourage nanny states?

Why can't you be a communist and a feminist at the same time? One is a system of government/economy and the other a social/rights movement.

Familiar Friend

Henrika
low iq 111
Henrika
low iq 111

everyone fears both.

actually

Why is sex positivism bad?

How did feminism encourage nanny states?

Why can't you be a communist and a feminist at the same time? One is a system of government/economy and the other a social/rights movement.

well theres sexual objectification

and everyones just going around having genital sex now....but time and time again i hear how its just best when theres love....so its not exactly terrible....it can be enjoyed...but i just feel like we have the sex positivism w/o really understanding the implications of it all or having good relationships nowadays....i mean look around...everyones calling each other a slut or rapist and so on...

i once read this idea that people only need to have sex a few times in their life b/c if you do it right, it can be so powerful and good feeling that thats all you even want...but we'll see

thats just my opinion

yeah i guess you could be that but feminism started mainly with getting women the right to vote...so yeah it was a necessary step forward at the time...i dont like representative democracies...i wish we have just straight up democracies and very simple government systems

rights sort of go hand in hand with the gov't

Dapper Swapper

Her Highness Emma at post 1955 said this. “We need love and constant reminder that I “wife” is the most important person in His life. Somewhere this was lost and the wife becomes the nagging wife trying to get her hubby to show appreciation.” She is right on both counts. My response is to try anything and everything to avoid nagging.

Nagging flows out of the natural motivational differences between the sexes. A woman’s prime motivation in life is to earn a sense of self-importance and she expects input from others to confirm it. Married, she expects primary confirmation from husband. When she figures that he takes her for granted, she cannot live with the uncertainty and so she obligates herself to do something.

THIS IS ACTUALLY ME RIGHT NOW.

I'm nagging the ******** out of my boyfriend for not verbally reaffirming that i'm his number 1, and that i'm important to him/pretty/loved.
but here's the thing.

that's just ME, because I'm insecure, that has nothing to do with the fact I have a v****a.

So his generalizations are bullshit, because I would be considered a "man" by most of them. His generalizations only hold truth if that person has been molded by society to fit the traditional gender role. Which is kind of brainwashy n whatnot.
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV
This is some serious sexist bullshit. Yes, yes, let's all blame the feminists for wanting to be treated as equals in a patriarchal world.
I dont this that was the idea here. It seem as what happens a lot he is seeing more of the extreme side of them and that seem to be what he is commenting on. some groups that wave that flag if you will, do teach that all guys are dicks and should be treated as such.

No. He's flat-out saying that feminists destroyed the family and 'morality' and that women should know their place (ie, being subservient to men). He obviously feels threatened to have his male privilege taken away from him.
are you for really right now, or did you just go full retard on me? I dont see that said anywhere he outline the extreme one but dose not seem to know that the are not the majority. you with your oo ******** his just a sexiest a** hole lets kill him attitude only make this worse for the feminists. you are just showing guys like this that they must be right if this is how you react every time someone states there opinion. and the ideas of the extreme feminist can and do make it hard to keep a family going because the extreme ones take it past equal and end up trying to take all control from the guy.

The guy is basically saying women shouldn't pursue their dreams because motherhood is more important. That is the problem to him.
The rose in spring
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV
This is some serious sexist bullshit. Yes, yes, let's all blame the feminists for wanting to be treated as equals in a patriarchal world.
I dont this that was the idea here. It seem as what happens a lot he is seeing more of the extreme side of them and that seem to be what he is commenting on. some groups that wave that flag if you will, do teach that all guys are dicks and should be treated as such.

No. He's flat-out saying that feminists destroyed the family and 'morality' and that women should know their place (ie, being subservient to men). He obviously feels threatened to have his male privilege taken away from him.
are you for really right now, or did you just go full retard on me? I dont see that said anywhere he outline the extreme one but dose not seem to know that the are not the majority. you with your oo ******** his just a sexiest a** hole lets kill him attitude only make this worse for the feminists. you are just showing guys like this that they must be right if this is how you react every time someone states there opinion. and the ideas of the extreme feminist can and do make it hard to keep a family going because the extreme ones take it past equal and end up trying to take all control from the guy.

The guy is basically saying women shouldn't pursue their dreams because motherhood is more important. That is the problem to him.
where dose he say that in the link?
"Whether young or old, married or unmarried, females are never more valuable than when they look beautiful but unavailable, appealing but untouchable, dreamlike but real." - All Females Have Beauty

Sexist? Pfft, what are you talking about? You cray femi-nazi.

Everything within is blog is completely reasonable, and in no way pigeon-holes both sexes to a sickly degree. Don't you know that people's beliefs, relationship expectations, and ways of thinking are all completely identical to others of an individual's sex?

I particularly like his insightful views of feminism and feminists. How dare they cause the downward spiral of society by leading women to actually have sex and cause every case of marriage infidelity ever!
In Medias Res IV
This world is not patriarchal; women and men aren't equal because of their breeding expenditure.
The rose in spring
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV
theothermanoverthere
In Medias Res IV

Why should the "dreams" of one woman be pursued?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff