Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
[NPC] P.U.G.
"I'm delighted to help however I can. If you're in my shop, I know you're somebody special."

Say what now? Yes, another topic I suppose I'm late in the game on...but Club Verge. It's always been notorious to me for being for those elite, nouveau riche. The uppercrust of Gaian society. An air of illusion surrounding it since its opening, I've never had a peek inside.

Until now.

And please, before we start, don't judge my money... sweatdrop
Yes, despite it all, I spent $200.00 of my taxes. The first time in 6 years, on Gaia. And thats quite the whopping amount.

Why? Couple reasons.
1) I feel the need to b***h. Now, I haven't bitched AT Gaia in years. Many moons. And back then, I bought donation items/monthly collectables. I figured, if I did my part, I had a right to complain if I didn't enjoy my experiece due to stupid decisions by upper management running the company.

So, I can now say I'm a customer. I feel like I earned a proper say and feedback.

2) Have you SEEN the freakin items lately?! Yeah, um aside from two...maybe three, recolors I bought all new items.

Anyways, I didn't even think about the little shack until I received a friendly PM from a disturbing slobberball in a collar telling me I was now in CLub Verge, linking me to the Guild and the store.

The little store annoyingly now takes up an extra quick-access spot under the Shops tab when I scroll and it is ALL up in mah face~! talk2hand *ohsnap*

But really, its nothing surprising. Cool store design, annoying animal mascot (when will they learn Rufus is the only well done talking animal? sweatdrop ) high GC prices, and an exclusive little niche hideout for its members.

Okay, now here's where I get mad.

Now, I'm going to start by telling you I'm not mad for myself. Oh no, I could care less about my little Club Verge membership. I was so used to never having it in the first place, and missed all its opening hype so it never really affected me.

But I said, what the heck, you never know this could be cool. I went in the Guild and checked things out.

Now, apparently, the guild is supposed to be where Gaians can interact and give direct feedback to the artists as to what new items and recolors they would like to see. Supposed to be some interaction here!

Yup, didn't see any of that. Lame, I thought. Then I read the little fine print:

Quote:
"Me and the Club Verge crew will be regularly reading your suggestions and if an idea particularly tickles our fancy we'll turn it into a real item! "

So in all reality, they're just milking these customers who pay more for their ideas, and determining if something is a hit, they'll just make it. What a way to be lazy and slap these "V.I.P." customers in the face!

They pay out the a** for a membership, you don't interact and deliver, then you pretty much come out and say if you like THEIR ideas you'll make them?
If you're a V.I.P. customer, why the hell are you doing the ideawork for them?

Needless to say, it was around this particular time the charm of the place was quickly lost on me.

So, I explored the Guild forums. Now, I am not going to say the forums are the fault of the staff. Users are what they are. They post and make the experience. Buuuuuut.....what if I'm reading the complaint threads?

I won't quote topics or users, as thats strictly against they're rules (a pity, because there's some comedy gold in that place let me tell you) but I will tell you what a lot of the topics in that guild are ABOUT.

And thats a big fat heap of disappointment folks. Yup, even the Gaian uppercrust are getting shat on and feel like their feature is a broken and neglected.

Pity, because people who spend their money on this site really do need something as a reward. Discounts, exclusive items, staff interaction, it all sounded so good.

And now that I finally get to experience it, I see it for what it is. A sad little feature falling apart.
Hell, most members there don't even see the point of it anymore because the "exclusive items" the one thing they could see as cool, now gets torn apart because those items go into La Victoire after I think its what...a WEEK?

I mean, come on. Thats just assuming nobody wanted the items to be exclusive for use purposes. It's like advanced chance at that point, a marketing technique or perk purely in the name of vending on the marketplace.

How screwed up is that? stressed

So yeah, I feel bad for the people who are longtime members of Club Verge. As a new and surprised joiner, I really don't see any reason to try and do anything with it. Seems like a big waste of time to me.... sweatdrop

But what about you? Are you a member?
Maybe I'm wrong? Is it not a joke?

Let's discuss.

Invisible Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Love Machine 150
I'm a member of Club Verge but have never bought anything from it, only from La Victoire. I think the prices are a bit ridiculous though. But adjusting them might be unfair because all other months were more. with current inlfation and those GC prices, there's no way anything can actually be afforded.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Yeah. Honestly I thought I'd be 'rewarded' with better priced, better quality items. Not single pose $50-150 items.
And I really like someones suggestion there, that as a reward for spending so much we can pick an item from the store, any items at any time, but only one. Not to mention they should have the 'limited' quantity items as always available, that'd be a nice reward.
On top of that we should get discounts off whats in the normal cash shop.
This club is to reward us for spending so much, and to entice us to keep spending. And honestly I just feel insulted.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
Darlin', it's just a way they can get more money for themselves.
You're not the only one.
On an old account, I apparently spent over 99 bucks on GC stuff (must've been when I had money to blow.)

The worst thing I saw was that you had to deposit 5000GC to find an item, then an additional cost to get the item. Now that was the most outlandish thing at the time. I avoided that PUG until I managed to have a craving for some items that turned bitter a few months back when the inflation skyrocketed and I ended up halfway to 100mil, and boy did I feel dirty. I still do, christ it feels weird seeing these items skyrocket.

Did you know that La Bella Figura, way back when it was first released, was only 10mil? Oisin's Blessing? I think it sat around...12mil. The silver one was forever (not kidding you, the closed eye one with tears) 2mil.

Where did we all go wrong.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

I got in after spending a chunk of my Christmas money from last year. I certainly got my money's worth.

It gets funny when you realize that the minority is actually people who arent in verge than the other way around. Like, right now for instance, there are 18,500 some people online. There are 18,150 some Verge members. So about only 350 people online right now can't experience the tacky wonder that is Verge. emotion_kirakira

And I don't know about anyone else, but a Guild ran by Gaia staff, I would expect it to be a bit more orderly. I know it's not the GCD, but the fact absolutely no one stays on topic and casual conversation leaks everywhere just bugs me.

I just want it gone, it serves no purpose that LV isn't already doing.

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lithium Filth
Yeah. Honestly I thought I'd be 'rewarded' with better priced, better quality items. Not single pose $50-150 items.
And I really like someones suggestion there, that as a reward for spending so much we can pick an item from the store, any items at any time, but only one. Not to mention they should have the 'limited' quantity items as always available, that'd be a nice reward.
This club is to reward us for spending so much, and to entice us to keep spending. And honestly I just feel insulted.

User Image
OMFG if they did this, I'd be ecstatic! My one item (Stellar Dreams) is already there! I've probably plunked down way too much, but this site made me happy. CV was neat before they changed the game to OH LOOK GUISE WE'RE GONNA RELEEES STUFFS IN A WEAK TO ERRBODY ELS. That kinda killed the exclusivity-- not that I bought anything from there in the first place. My wallet was drained from spending before anyhow.

Noob

Haven't bought any gc before so not a member
I heard any new items in verge gets released into the cash shop a week later anyway. It doesn't seem there are many perks or even an incentive to try and get people to get into this "exclusive" club. confused
Would be nice if you could interact with the artists. I don't think there is any harm in suggesting ideas since it's helping you and the site in return to get a new item made.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
...Can I just add in that the entrance looks similar to the entrance of a VIP stripper club?

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Doom Lemons
Lithium Filth

User Image
OMFG if they did this, I'd be ecstatic! My one item (Stellar Dreams) is already there! I've probably plunked down way too much, but this site made me happy. CV was neat before they changed the game to OH LOOK GUISE WE'RE GONNA RELEEES STUFFS IN A WEAK TO ERRBODY ELS. That kinda killed the exclusivity-- not that I bought anything from there in the first place. My wallet was drained from spending before anyhow.

Haha I've only been in it for a day, and the only 'rewards' I see are more expensive items. Like really expensive.
Yeah, its not an actual reward. It's a bad joke...

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Cymphonia
Haven't bought any gc before so not a member
I heard any new items in verge gets released into the cash shop a week later anyway. It doesn't seem there are many perks or even an incentive to try and get people to get into this "exclusive" club. confused
Would be nice if you could interact with the artists. I don't think there is any harm in suggesting ideas since it's helping you and the site in return to get a new item made.

That was apparently one of the perks. But i've been told they no longer come around. Also if you suggested one, you got a copy for free. Which was also discontinued.

But hey! Free Plumbob knockoff when it's the anniversary of your birth! Party!

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lithium Filth
Doom Lemons
Lithium Filth

User Image

Haha I've only been in it for a day, and the only 'rewards' I see are more expensive items. Like really expensive.
Yeah, its not an actual reward. It's a bad joke...

User Image
Totally is. XD

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
I think I bought one thing from The Verge. I emphasize "I think", my budget generally isn't flexible enough for me to be spending 30+ dollars on anything that's simply pixels. I'll give Gaia my money, I'm just not too gravy about crossing that monetary threshold.

Dunno why they didn't just put the premo stuff in La Victore, instead of using up resources and time to create an entirely separate shop that limits the number of eyeballs upon its goods.

Kahavie's Significant Otter

Dedicated Bookworm

13,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
It definitely doesn't seem very rewarding....

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Yeeeep.
The people in CV are literally a majority of what keeps this site afloat, because many of us spend a decent amount on RIGs, bundles, chance items, etc. because we love Gaia, we love its items, and we want to keep Gaia online.

Our reward? Milking us for our ideas (they dont even give us the items we made as a reward. I created Pandy March, MOST of the back wings, many of the 03s they recoloured and sold for cash, and a few other items and only got compensated for about 1% of those things) and don't give us credit, a thank you, compensation, etc. And if we dont spend enough, we don't get to stay in the guild, the staff doesn't even chit-chat with us (we freaking pay them their wages :I), THEY EVEN had the "clever" idea to release CV items in RIGs and put them directly in the CS, and when CV first started the items were over-priced.

Only when CV started to fail did they start pricing items at 10 dollars. If they had done $10 from the start for all/most of their items, CV wouldnt have been so bad and a lot of the rare/inflated CV items would NOT cost so much. They priced them so high that it created a "commodity" out of something that wasn't even real 2 seconds before. Only when they shifted their expensive recolours to the CS did they drop the CV prices.

CV COULD have been great, but they dropped the ball pretty hard.
This was not a "reward" to for the people who literally pay them their paychecks.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Alistair Krowe
I think I bought one thing from The Verge. I emphasize "I think", my budget generally isn't flexible enough for me to be spending 30+ dollars on anything that's simply pixels. I'll give Gaia my money, I'm just not too gravy about crossing that monetary threshold.

Dunno why they didn't just put the premo stuff in La Victore, instead of using up resources and time to create an entirely separate shop that limits the number of eyeballs upon its goods.
I mostly buy the new $10 recolours. Except for Sinful Spice, I don't think I purchased anything from that shop that went over that 10 dollar mark. Wasn't worth it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff