Welcome to Gaia! ::

I believe society would be better off without gender.
Times Of War
GarbageMonarch
I wasn't saying people transition only for other people. I was moreso implying that there is a lot of mental anguish put on some trans people by how society perceives them in a world where there are harsh gender roles.

The only thing harsh about gender roles is the curls I do at the gym. Harsh curls, uber gains, brotein.
You don't even sound like you lift. I bet you skip leg day.

Liberal Hunter

3,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Society has gone to the degenerate
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War
Gender stereotypes might blur, but will never disappear. This is because the differences between genders are only partially cultural.

Actually they are completely cultural.

Now the word you may be looking for is sex, not gender. Sexual differences are mostly false and cultural as well. Especially because the sexual binary is bullshit.

No, I meant gender. Gender differences are partly biological. Unless you have proof for the claim that gender is entirely a social construct.
GarbageMonarch
Times Of War
GarbageMonarch
I wasn't saying people transition only for other people. I was moreso implying that there is a lot of mental anguish put on some trans people by how society perceives them in a world where there are harsh gender roles.

The only thing harsh about gender roles is the curls I do at the gym. Harsh curls, uber gains, brotein.
You don't even sound like you lift. I bet you skip leg day.

What are you talking about? Every day is leg day.
Times Of War
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War
Gender stereotypes might blur, but will never disappear. This is because the differences between genders are only partially cultural.

Now the word you may be looking for is sex, not gender. Sexual differences are mostly false and cultural as well. Especially because the sexual binary is bullshit.

No, I meant gender. Gender differences are partly biological. Unless you have proof for the claim that gender is entirely a social construct.

No they are not. There is no evidence that gender differences have any biological basis. As the one who made the initial claim YOU must provide evidence that there is such a basis.
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War

No they are not. There is no evidence that gender differences have any biological basis. As the one who made the initial claim YOU must provide evidence that there is such a basis.

Initial claim? If you are referring to my first post, yes, I stated that gender differences are partly biological. However, as for first claim:

In Medias Res IV
Gender is a social construct. Can't wait until the idea of gender roles is a thing of the past.

dormite

transgender, one word!
I dont understand why you even asked this question, transgender is a kind of gender so yes, it is also a social construct. I had to answer this because the OP's response was way off...

In Medias Res IV

I have no idea what you're trying to ask. Gender is a social construct. How does that relate to being born with the wrong sexual reproductive bits?Just because gender constructs are social constructs doesn't mean that gender identities don't exist.

This is just in this thread. If I went over to the trans prison thread, or almost any other thread on gender, there would be a shitload more quotes. The idea that gender is a social construct was stated long before my post. Nobody ever offers proof, arguments, or reasoning for it either.

So if you can say gender is a social construct, and expect me to accept it, with no effort or evidence, than out of the same laziness I can say it isn't, and not bother to actually provide you with any evidence or proof.

So if you want to provide your reasoning and proof on why gender is a social construct, I will gladly return the favor and show you why it isn't. I don't expect it though since I don't believe you actually intend to have a debate or learn anything.

Magical Girl

The Protocols of Zion
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War

Science disagrees
[Amused]

Yes, boys love of toy cars is natural. We know this because cars have existed long since before humanity and thus have formed a genetic bond with them.
The Protocols of Zion
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War

Science disagrees

Quote:
We offer the hypothesis that toy preferences reflect hormonally influenced behavioral and cognitive biases which are sculpted by social processes into the sex differences seen in monkeys and humans.

Hormonal aka based on SEX not gender. My issue with that study is they didn't perform it on wild monkeys. The monkeys they used had been part of experiments in the past. Then there's also the fact that the researchers didn't seem to even look at what the hormone levels were in the monkeys. They just went by physical features.

The research has also been misconstrued by so many people. While the male monkey's did play with primarily the "boy" toys the female monkey's played with BOTH toys. So many articles MISSED that fact and said that the female monkey's played primarily with the "girl" toys. This is the exact same thing that human research has shown. Which basically means that the belief that females like "girl toys" is a myth. They like all toys.

Magical Girl

The Protocols of Zion
HMS Thunder Child
The Protocols of Zion
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War

Science disagrees
[Amused]

Yes, boys love of toy cars is natural. We know this because cars have existed long since before humanity and thus have formed a genetic bond with them.
You're pathetic enough to misrepresent the claim these scientists make because you don't like their findings.
[Skeptical]

These "scientists."

Apologies if I don't take for truth any random s**t that people claim to have proven empirically. Especially not when it's totally absurd. BOY MONKEYS LIKE CARS. Why? Why would they like cars? BECAUSE BOYS ARE PROGRAMMED TO LIKE CARS. Really? Why? BECAUSE MAN. BECAUSE.

There's zero reason for a monkey to prefer a car given that they don't know what the ******** they are. In American culture, cars are treated as a masculine hobby, but that's a cultural thing. I see zero reason why it would matter one way or another what monkeys think given that they do not build, drive, or have cultures built around automobiles. They don't have any concept of them short of maybe "big thing that smashed my friend's head open" or "thing with food inside."
Times Of War
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War
Mei tsuki7
Times Of War

Initial claim? If you are referring to my first post, yes, I stated that gender differences are partly biological. However, as for first claim:

In Medias Res IV
Gender is a social construct. Can't wait until the idea of gender roles is a thing of the past.

dormite

transgender, one word!
I dont understand why you even asked this question, transgender is a kind of gender so yes, it is also a social construct. I had to answer this because the OP's response was way off...

In Medias Res IV

I have no idea what you're trying to ask. Gender is a social construct. How does that relate to being born with the wrong sexual reproductive bits?Just because gender constructs are social constructs doesn't mean that gender identities don't exist.

This is just in this thread. If I went over to the trans prison thread, or almost any other thread on gender, there would be a shitload more quotes. The idea that gender is a social construct was stated long before my post. Nobody ever offers proof, arguments, or reasoning for it either.

So if you can say gender is a social construct, and expect me to accept it, with no effort or evidence, than out of the same laziness I can say it isn't, and not bother to actually provide you with any evidence or proof.

So if you want to provide your reasoning and proof on why gender is a social construct, I will gladly return the favor and show you why it isn't. I don't expect it though since I don't believe you actually intend to have a debate or learn anything.

First we must define gender. What is your definition of gender?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff