Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
ScienceDog
They keep it for item suggestions to be added to their cash shops to continue claiming that they "listen"...

If they're listening, where are the gold shop updates?!
Those are what we want. They're not listening, they're just stealing our ideas under the guise of "loyalty shop suggestions"
I feel like we should all troll that thread with a suggestion of a hideous colored poop item and see if it hits LV.

What are we supposed to do with all this gold in the system?

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Messere Mana
Hope Legacy
IM SCARED
HOLD ME crying

Would like to know where all that money they've been getting is going towards...

I hope they don't waste it on the 18+ site.

Being a magic dark lord is an expensive lifestyle.

18+ site already sounds like such fail.
Cybering? Hentai? Pay to view? Who knows, but no thanks.

The thought of the Easter bunny and jack in a yaoi... Nope.

Not to mention, starting over?
Will we even have avatars? Can they be cute and chibi or are they all gonna look like invu avatars?

I'm not joining if it ever happens.
Spoiler; it won't

Hallowed Spirit

13,350 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
its a curse
The thought of the Easter bunny and jack in a yaoi... Nope.

Now I know why EB was so upset, he was worried Jack would be envious of his new Goldmember status.
It shines, it sparkles and people can't get enough...

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Bleeding Apocalypse
Toppaware
I wonder if they do actually read it, but they can't do anything unless their higher ups says so. In the end, it's them that calls the shots, not the staff. Still a sad situation either way. There's a lot of good suggestions, but....sigh.

This pretty much sums up what I think. There is no answer that the staff can give us that we'll actually like. Management has a quota to make, and gold generators are apparently selling well enough to make that quota.

I would like very much though if instead of a hybrid item+gold generator (Candy Hearts, Coin Flip/Divinity's Reach) or simply gold generator (Flynn's Booty/Chest) items being released... I wonder if they can make that quota just with item generators. Basically, continue the bundled or themed item RIGs, just without the gold. I hope that if those kinds of RIGs can be a success, we might not have to go with the gold generator route.

Though, deep down, I have the horrible, awful feeling that the massive inflation was intentional. To make Cash prices seem far more reasonable, affordable, and easier than gold prices. It less than 6 months for items for even extremely low Cash amounts to be practically out of reach for new users. Really, a $1.49 Gaia Cash item selling for 6 million gold each?

I have to say, from a business perspective, the intentional inflation so that users can buy the item for a fair price in the CS is pretty smart.

I know I'm gonna get flack for this, but think about it. You, as a business, needs to make a quota. You know there are people that would rather get the item in one way than the other way to make money. You do something on purpose, get the first way nearly impossible to get, and then offer a "better deal" so that people would do it the way you want it. Is it gonna make people that rather the first way angry? Yes, but are you gonna get people to do it your way cause it's the "easy way out?" Sure nuff.

Howevery, from a customer's perspective and the abundance of gold generators that people do not want. I can totally understand why people are angry with how things are going. Honestly, I don't think Gaia is gonna stop them because there's people asking and begging for gold gens to stop. As long as it's bringing in the revenue they want, they ain't gonna stop it. I mena, oviously it;s their best seller. Why stop?

Though....I do think if they up the quality and number of items in RIGs like they had before, probably they would sell more. Prolly even bring back the Mythrill Coins, but have it at a 25% chance of getting one or something.

Sorry, did I get off topic there? sweatdrop

Angelic Regular

8,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Toppaware
Bleeding Apocalypse
Toppaware
I wonder if they do actually read it, but they can't do anything unless their higher ups says so. In the end, it's them that calls the shots, not the staff. Still a sad situation either way. There's a lot of good suggestions, but....sigh.

This pretty much sums up what I think. There is no answer that the staff can give us that we'll actually like. Management has a quota to make, and gold generators are apparently selling well enough to make that quota.

I would like very much though if instead of a hybrid item+gold generator (Candy Hearts, Coin Flip/Divinity's Reach) or simply gold generator (Flynn's Booty/Chest) items being released... I wonder if they can make that quota just with item generators. Basically, continue the bundled or themed item RIGs, just without the gold. I hope that if those kinds of RIGs can be a success, we might not have to go with the gold generator route.

Though, deep down, I have the horrible, awful feeling that the massive inflation was intentional. To make Cash prices seem far more reasonable, affordable, and easier than gold prices. It less than 6 months for items for even extremely low Cash amounts to be practically out of reach for new users. Really, a $1.49 Gaia Cash item selling for 6 million gold each?

I have to say, from a business perspective, the intentional inflation so that users can buy the item for a fair price in the CS is pretty smart.

I know I'm gonna get flack for this, but think about it. You, as a business, needs to make a quota. You know there are people that would rather get the item in one way than the other way to make money. You do something on purpose, get the first way nearly impossible to get, and then offer a "better deal" so that people would do it the way you want it. Is it gonna make people that rather the first way angry? Yes, but are you gonna get people to do it your way cause it's the "easy way out?" Sure nuff.

Howevery, from a customer's perspective and the abundance of gold generators that people do not want. I can totally understand why people are angry with how things are going. Honestly, I don't think Gaia is gonna stop them because there's people asking and begging for gold gens to stop. As long as it's bringing in the revenue they want, they ain't gonna stop it. I mena, oviously it;s their best seller. Why stop?

Though....I do think if they up the quality and number of items in RIGs like they had before, probably they would sell more. Prolly even bring back the Mythrill Coins, but have it at a 25% chance of getting one or something.

Huh. So Gaia's a business now. Always thought it was a community. Guess not.

hollynoel's Bae

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Celestii Star
Toppaware
Bleeding Apocalypse
Toppaware

Woops. I should've said GaiaInteractive. Not just Gaia. Soryr about that. ^^;;

Festive Celebrator

In the Gaiaversary Announcement they specifically asked for user feedback via email. That makes me think that SF is merely for decorative purposes. (Not that they will ever read those emails.) I think they also get recolor ideas from this forum but nothing else.

Feral Kitten

9,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ninina
In the Gaiaversary Announcement they specifically asked for user feedback via email. That makes me think that SF is merely for decorative purposes. (Not that they will ever read those emails.) I think they also get recolor ideas from this forum but nothing else.

So does that mean we should all flood their emails then? c:

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Celestii Star
Toppaware
Bleeding Apocalypse
Toppaware

It was a community. The remaining users are still trying to make it remain one. (Shout out to the GCD members who made the valentines day event thread)
And for finni's cute little heart break cafe freebie to support their user ran event. <3 bless her heart.
But quota, lack of communication, developers leaving out of the blue makes me feel uneasy.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Toppaware
Bleeding Apocalypse
Toppaware

Yeah, its a great money making tactic. Good for them. But if they keep this up, Gaia won't survive.
Why? Because our trust has been betrayed.
What happened to the airship saga? Why did they make towns 2, but we have yet to see a loyalty shop? Why are devs leaving? Why is there no Gaia blog or AtA anymore?
Where is this money going?
Why the ******** was our 11th anniversary gift a dark halo made in paint?
Natsu no Tsuki
Ninina

Actually this would not be a bad idea

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Natsu no Tsuki
Ninina

I think they steal their recolor ideas from the gcd thread "so tell me Gaians, what would you like to see in my shop?"

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Kvtlyst
Natsu no Tsuki
Ninina

Until we get automated replies.
As another member suggested we should send them real mail. not email that they can easily dismiss.
its a curse
Kvtlyst
Natsu no Tsuki
Ninina

Until we get automated replies.

As another member suggested we should send them real mail. not email that they can easily dismiss.
Well of course they probably won't read them, but knowing that they are coming has to count for something, i think who ever lives near the HQ should just go in there and do something, i haven't really given it much thought yet.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I would have gone to the site feedback thing today if I didn't live in Oregon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff