Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Shoujo

Is anyone playing this? The kickstarter game which was recently released on steam for early access and testing. There's a multi-player mode and I have been itching to play with someone else because some of the maps are so hard to do alone.

Edit: Hit final boss, got gg'd by one shot LOL. Cmon, if anyone's interested in playing with me, I haven't beaten the boss yet!

Heroic Senshi

Eh? Isn't the term 'Magicite' coined by Square Enix?

Lonely Exhibitionist

Super Sailor Moon
I totally came in here looking for a FFVI discussion.

Ice-Cold Shoujo

W03fu1
As much as I wish I could play with you now, I'm waiting for it to go on sale before I purchase it. I have learned not to give in to my desire to buy games immediately due to the amount of times I've been disappointed. However, I will say that as a rogue-like, I am very interested and hope it's as fun as it seems.
Ugh damn!
I just reached the final boss and that thing is like impossible to kill, not kidding and im not going to spoil it for you either, but WTF burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes

edit: oh um, I can understand that, usually I look up a game-play of it on youtube and if it looks like something I want to actually play and not wait for, I'll just buy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHjoOe7sO8 thats the link to the vid I watched, I got about 2 minutes in before making up my mind lol.

Ice-Cold Shoujo

W03fu1
Marcosiu

Rogue-likes are meant to be extremely difficult and that is part of the appeal. Good to know Magicite is keeping true to the genre though, haha. I already know I want to buy the game, I just don't purchase them at full price anymore, especially those that offer "Early Access". I do not have a steady income so whatever I buy has to be cheap and absolutely worth even that meager amount. That aside, is this something you foresee yourself playing a lot of? Because I may not be able to purchase Magicite for a while and I'd hate to think I lost out on my only chance to play it with someone.
Its so so hard to single player this,starting off is extremely difficult imo just because all the room spawns are of relatively equal difficulty.
And I totally understand where youre coming from, and perhaps not because I don't have anyone to play with. I mean I like risk of rain as well because its an awesome platformer which gets progressively more difficult but I didn't play that much because there was no one to kill things with. But the thing with Magicite multiplayer is that its IP hosting, so one person needs to host while the other joins, and that is particularly bad if the ping is garbage for the host, like mine is 200ping and people hate playing games that I host. crying
But if you are fine with single player grinding and perhaps multiplayer with friends that are close then its definitely something you can play for some time, I'm actually going to play it again (just got home) so Ill see if I can fluke my way to the final boss this time too lol.

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
No.
Why would I spend money on a early access game. I hate when developers do that.

Ice-Cold Shoujo

W03fu1
Marcosiu

I generally play alone because it takes a special kind of person to make me enjoy multiplayer in any game. Risk of Rain is amazing but it does suffer from a lack of imaginative character design, both in terms of visual appearance and abilities (mostly the latter). I doubt would be able to host since it likely requires one to forward their ports and I do not have the ability to do so. I was asking if you were going to be playing the game for a while (e.g. for a week, a month, etc.) as I need some time to think about whether it's worth it to buy it at full price or not. Good luck getting to and beating the final boss.
Possibly for a week but I don't think in a months time, perhaps if I was able to play with someone, in that case I would definitely play in a months time.
But if you need to consider hard paying full-price then you definitely shouldn't, because as I play more of the game, I realise the crafting is fairly primary and some items you find do not have a crafting pattern, like cloth and monster hide which will later be implemented I assume.
And with early access games, its unlikely it will go on sale before release so its a really long wait for you I'm assuming.
The devs are killing bugs at the moment and they are considering adding a save feature just for people that need to take a break partway through.

Ice-Cold Shoujo

W03fu1
Alright.

Kawaii Shoujo

Super Stardom
Super Sailor Moon
I totally came in here looking for a FFVI discussion.
Same here to say the least.

Tactical Tamer

Super Sailor Moon
Yeah pretty sure it is. It's a term used in FF6 if I recall correctly which means if Square gets finds out about it they're either going to have to change the name or get sued.

Heroic Senshi

Edward E!ric
Super Sailor Moon
Yeah pretty sure it is. It's a term used in FF6 if I recall correctly which means if Square gets finds out about it they're either going to have to change the name or get sued.
It was also used in Final Fantasy XII to label ore laden with mist which was mined to make power sources.

The Lhusu Mine and Henne Mines were Magicite Mines.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff