Society is getting worse 0.067961165048544 6.8% [ 7 ]
Others should come out, too 0.058252427184466 5.8% [ 6 ]
It's ok, but awkward 0.038834951456311 3.9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 103 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

I Shall Give You NoMercy
Brothern
Henry Hobo-Master
I don't see why it matters. I don't care if you think men are attractive.

Since when is liking a specific sex a requirement to play a stupid game? Priorities. nuff sed.

It shouldn't be, but it is. The NFL has never had an "out" football player. It's widely believed within the NFL that gays can't be open about their sexuality and still play the game. Coaches and team owners have bluntly (but anonymously) said in the media that they do not want to hire a gay player and that it would would destroy someone's career if he came out.

Where else in America are gays not allowed in a workplace? You're allowed to be gay, but you can't be an accountant? Or you can't be a doctor? .... sheesh. Only in the NFL.

Theres actually a lot of places in the US where you can legally be fired for being gay.
The NFL is only a small portion of this.
And Eight help you if you're trans because the vast majority of jurisdictions do not protect you.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
The world was a better place when your kind was being nailed to crosses if you ask me.
Ironically there would be no gay rights if it weren't for the influence of a certain religion which makes it a huge point to underline the inherent dignity of the human person, especially among outcast groups.

No gay rights at all? What facts could you possibly have to support this conclusion?
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
The world was a better place when your kind was being nailed to crosses if you ask me.
Ironically there would be no gay rights if it weren't for the influence of a certain religion which makes it a huge point to underline the inherent dignity of the human person, especially among outcast groups.

I was inverting a point. I'm not actually proposing Christians still be crucified.
Prince Ikari
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
Salmonberry Bird
Prince Ikari
Salmonberry Bird
Prince Ikari

The same reason you would be bothered if they were baring this player from the NFL because he is gay. It would be a violation of your moral conscience. Homosexuality is a violation of mine. So of course I am bothered by things that go against my beliefs. That is just the way our world works.

the whole "why" thing sort of meant "why is it against you're moral conscionce" as well you've really just said you don't like it again

For reasons that I am tired of repeating over and over again. It is an unnatural lifestyle as far as I am concerned to put this simply. You are probably expecting me to say because my religion says its a sin, and while that is true, my views on this were shaped completely devoid of any religious influences.

why does it being unnatural mean that you feel bothered by them on the television, or being "out"?
He prefers a world, even if it's only a fantasy, where nasty gay people don't exist. It's why he was so supportive of the Ugandan gay genocide.

Actually, a friend of mine got me to sign a petition a few years ago protesting the Ugandan attempt to put gays to death. Though now when I look back on it, I wish I had never signed it. I am not endorsing violence, just do not feel it was right of me to have signed it. The times have changed.
"I'm not endorsing violence, but I'm not opposing it either."

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality." -Desmond Tutu
Prince Ikari
Salmonberry Bird
Prince Ikari
Salmonberry Bird
Prince Ikari

The same reason you would be bothered if they were baring this player from the NFL because he is gay. It would be a violation of your moral conscience. Homosexuality is a violation of mine. So of course I am bothered by things that go against my beliefs. That is just the way our world works.

the whole "why" thing sort of meant "why is it against you're moral conscionce" as well you've really just said you don't like it again

For reasons that I am tired of repeating over and over again. It is an unnatural lifestyle as far as I am concerned to put this simply. You are probably expecting me to say because my religion says its a sin, and while that is true, my views on this were shaped completely devoid of any religious influences.

why does it being unnatural mean that you feel bothered by them on the television, or being "out"?

Because as convoluted as this may seem to you, the way I see it, if you are watching television programs with gay characters in them, then you are basically endorsing those types of lifestyles. And I refuse to endorse those types of lifestyles, or be told that I have to endorse them.

that doesn't come from finding it "unnatural" only, so you have other problems with it that you've not exsplicity mentioned
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu

you don't know that
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu

Hahaha haha haha haha NO. Christianity has NOTHING to do with gay rights. In fact, Christianity has far more to do with the LACK of Gay rights than anything else in this country.
SparkyKid3000
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu

No gay rights at all? What facts could you possibly have to support this conclusion?
Please name some other culture in the world outside of Western civilization's sphere of influence which has, independently, created "gay rights" as we know them comparable to ours.
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
I was inverting a point
So was I.
Kaworu 17
SparkyKid3000
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu

Please name some other culture in the world outside of Western civilization's sphere of influence which has, independently, created "gay rights" as we know them comparable to ours.
What does that have to do with Christianity, though?

I mean, the Church complains that secularism is the reason for all use queers gallivanting about, but then claims us gallivantin' queers owe them our current standard of living.
Kaworu 17
SparkyKid3000
Kaworu 17
Senior Airman Lima Zulu

Correlation is not causation. I would also like to point out that there are a lot of heavily Christian countries without gay rights.
Mei tsuki7
Christianity has NOTHING to do with gay rights.
Veritas dura.
Senior Airman Lima Zulu
What does that have to do with Christianity, though?
Christianity has been the dominant western religion for two millennia... If you don't think it's been influential then you might be a little behind.
Kaworu 17
Mei tsuki7
Veritas dura.

And that makes absolutely no sense. Try again.
Mei tsuki7
Kaworu 17
Mei tsuki7
Veritas dura.

And that makes absolutely no sense. Try again.
How does it not make sense? You have a subject, a predicate adjective and a verb. Try again, Mei.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff