Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wow, people talking about Devil may Cry: Devil May Cry without bashing it? I must be in some bizzaro universe.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Heartlesswithaheart
Wow, people talking about Devil may Cry: Devil May Cry without bashing it? I must be in some bizzaro universe.

You are.

It's the universe of the VGD regulars who can handle a competent discussion.
Without going for each others throats.
Raven Prime
Having finally recently played this, I can say one thing for certain.

A vast majority of the complaints I've seen about it are unsurprisingly bullshit. I can't believe people actually complained about Vergil using a gun.

The only fair complaint is the Angel/Devil thing, although while I can say it was unnecessary, it wasn't inherently detrimental. Personally, I would have done Dante/Vergil being Human/Demon and Kat being Human/Angel, if only to explain her abilities.

Granted, there were plot holes, but, I mean... it is Devil May Cry. Comes with the territory.

honestly, i think its the best game in the series so far. Dante looks better, he says less embarrsingly cheesy things the combat is the funniest ive ever played in a hack and slash game. and it finally establishes a decent story. the whole Angel/ Demon things is FAR more believable than a human falling in love with a demon who looks like the ugliest thing since predator without a mask. as far as the whole vergil using a gun thing, who cares? he's less of an a*****e than he was in 3 so id say shooting mundus' mistress and child for the good of humanity was justified.

this game has over 1.2 million sales is a platinum title, won best prequel, AND best game on 360 and has gotten nothing but positive reviews. the ONLY people who complain about the new DmC are fanboys who cant realize its been over 10 years since the series started and that Devil May Cry NEEDED this reboot.

Aged Member

The game runs flawlessly on PC and is optimized better than any other port I have played. And the gameplay is not even that bad with mouse and keyboard (would have preferred to play it on a ps3 or ps4 controller though). I liked the way new dante looked, hes pretty hot. The game itself was too easy.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
leonu45
Raven Prime

A vast majority of the complaints I've seen about it are unsurprisingly bullshit. I can't believe people actually complained about Vergil using a gun.

The only fair complaint is the Angel/Devil thing, although while I can say it was unnecessary, it wasn't inherently detrimental. Personally, I would have done Dante/Vergil being Human/Demon and Kat being Human/Angel, if only to explain her abilities.

Granted, there were plot holes, but, I mean... it is Devil May Cry. Comes with the territory.

honestly, i think its the best game in the series so far. Dante looks better, he says less embarrsingly cheesy things the combat is the funniest ive ever played in a hack and slash game. and it finally establishes a decent story. the whole Angel/ Demon things is FAR more believable than a human falling in love with a demon who looks like the ugliest thing since predator without a mask. as far as the whole vergil using a gun thing, who cares? he's less of an a*****e than he was in 3 so id say shooting mundus' mistress and child for the good of humanity was justified.

this game has over 1.2 million sales is a platinum title, won best prequel, AND best game on 360 and has gotten nothing but positive reviews. the ONLY people who complain about the new DmC are fanboys who cant realize its been over 10 years since the series started and that Devil May Cry NEEDED this reboot.

When Sparda mated with Dante's mother he actually took on a human form. He didn't have sex with her looking like a "predator".

DmC was in an alternate reality, it wasn't continuing the story of the first 4 games. So fans who aren't a fan of DmC can rest easy. Dante is still half demon/human in the original series but he's demon/angel in the alternate version.

If only getting an award meant a game was good. Games I don't really like have won GOTY even then It's only an award to garner more sales and add all the DLC into a special edition. Game Of The Year, should be only done by one group of people and only awarded once year. Not awarded by multiple different magazines, E3, Spike's VGA's GameSpot etc. and more than once a year.

Game of The Year should be like the Nobel Piece Prize awarded once a year to one group or person. There shouldn't be a game that has won over 80 Game of The Year awards. It's not labeled "Games of The Year" or "Give out as many as you can Game of the Year Awards"
It's just labeled "Game of The Year."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Reno Takamiya
leonu45
Raven Prime

When Sparda mated with Dante's mother he actually took on a human form. He didn't have sex with her looking like a "predator".

DmC was in an alternate reality, it wasn't continuing the story of the first 4 games. So fans who aren't a fan of DmC can rest easy. Dante is still half demon/human in the original series but he's demon/angel in the alternate version.

If only getting an award meant a game was good. Games I don't really like have won GOTY even then It's only an award to garner more sales and add all the DLC into a special edition.

getting an award is actually a very good accomplishment not to mention the voting was based on a user voting system and DmC had a substantial lead. the timeline may be in an alternate universe but its the timeline theyre going to stick with. there's already hints at a sequel in 2015. its a got thing that this series was rebooted because Dante as a character was pretty outdated and cliche. The only original version of Dante thats still likable to me is 2 because he knew to shut up and just kick everyone's a** and go home.infact people give DMC2 so much hell for being different and the easiest in the series but had it not been for dmc2 i never would have liked devil may cry in general. Capcom couldnt even keep their story in order they always placed a new game at a random point on the timeline full of plot holes.

if a game gets overwhelmingly postive reviews and awards its safe to say its a good game even if it doesnt appeal directly to every individual person.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
leonu45
Reno Takamiya
leonu45
Raven Prime

If only getting an award meant a game was good. Games I don't really like have won GOTY even then It's only an award to garner more sales and add all the DLC into a special edition.

getting an award is actually a very good accomplishment not to mention the voting was based on a user voting system and DmC had a substantial lead. the timeline may be in an alternate universe but its the timeline theyre going to stick with. there's already hints at a sequel in 2015. its a got thing that this series was rebooted because Dante as a character was pretty outdated and cliche. The only original version of Dante thats still likable to me is 2 because he knew to shut up and just kick everyone's a** and go home.infact people give DMC2 so much hell for being different and the easiest in the series but had it not been for dmc2 i never would have liked devil may cry in general. Capcom couldnt even keep their story in order they always placed a new game at a random point on the timeline full of plot holes.

if a game gets overwhelmingly postive reviews and awards its safe to say its a good game even if it doesnt appeal directly to every individual person.

Certain awards are fine it's when they go hogwild with them is when it gets out of hand.
Winning an award is an accomplishment if it's the only game that wins that award. There's a certain award that shouldn't be called an award. One of them is Game of The Year.

Game of The Year should be like the Nobel Piece Prize awarded once a year to one group or person. There shouldn't be a game that has won over 80 Game of The Year awards. It's not labeled "Games of The Year" or "Give out as many as you can Game of the Year Awards"

It's just like seeing one day on TV a commercial for a horror movie and someone awarded them "Best Horror Movie This Year" and then you see another horror movie on the next commercial that's just coming out at the same time with the same award.

I actually liked DMC 2 and 3. Not so much 1 or 4.

Winner of over 80 "Game of The Year Awards" That's just not right.
Reno Takamiya
leonu45
Reno Takamiya
leonu45
Raven Prime

Certain awards are fine it's when they go hogwild with them is when it gets out of hand.
Winning an award is an accomplishment if it's the only game that wins that award. There's a certain award that shouldn't be called an award. One of them is Game of The Year.

It's just like seeing one day on TV a commercial for a horror movie and someone awarded them "Best Horror Movie This Year" and then you see another horror movie on the next commercial that's just coming out the same time with the same award.

I actually liked DMC 2 and 3. Not so much 1 or 4.

Winner of over 80 "Game of The Year Awards" That's just not right.

i see your point as far as the awards go. but my point is, for a game so illy recieved before its release to be praised by gaming magazines and have such a far lead in best 360 game and sequel is pretty impressive to me. capcom said theyd prove all the hate wrong and they honestly did. the only hate it gets is "oh the characters are different", 'oh vergil used a gun', ' oh its too easy' (which is complete bullshit because i died several times every time i played on a harder difficulty) or " oh theres no lock on"

and people who say DmC's combat it simple are lying their asses off. the combat is free and creative. there werent very many combos you could chain together in the originals, now i can create some of the sickest combos my imagination can put together. point of the game is to make you feel like a bad a** and getting SSS ranks in combat because youre pulling off sick attacks is one of the best feelings about this game.

and 2, and 3 are my favorites of the originals. the other ones werent bad but the lack of checkpoints became a serious issue when i was trying to play on harder difficulties.

Greedy Capitalist

I bought it and it blows a** for a number of reasons, one, why the ******** is bloody palace a DLC? and most items are a complete ripoff of items in DMC4.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Stylish Dark Knight
I bought it and it blows a** for a number of reasons, one, why the ******** is bloody palace a DLC? and most items are a complete ripoff of items in DMC4.
So pretty much no reasons why the game is actually bad, then?

Amazingly Loved's Husband

I hate the game. I really tried to like it. I made it about halfway through and I just couldn't play it anymore. That's not to say it is a bad game, there is just something about it I don't like. It's an irrational dislike. I will say I wasn't a fan of the way the weapon system was done. I would have preferred a quick switch similar to DMC 3 instead of holding the left or right trigger for the weapon you want.

That's not to say my opinion is right. In fact, it's pretty far from it. I just dislike the style of the game.

Greedy Capitalist

Raven Prime
Stylish Dark Knight

So pretty much you don't know what a reason is?
Even though I love the classic. I am open to the new DmC as well. I do love how Limbo looks. Dig New Dante's coat as well. I'd love one of those to wear in RL. Despite I own a hoodie of it. Just a regular coat I could wear in the regular, non cold days, please.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Stylish Dark Knight
Raven Prime
Stylish Dark Knight

So pretty much you don't know what a reason is?
I know what a reason is. You didn't give any, though.

Whether or not Bloody Palace is a DLC does not have anything to do with the actual quality of the game. If they didn't have it in completely, it would not affect the gameplay of the actual game.

As for the items being ripoffs, you give no quantification as to which items and how they're ripoffs. Your position is hurt further by the fact that it's hard to justify calling something a ripoff of something that's earlier in the same series. Furthermore, if ripping off previous items in the series is the mark of a bad game, then you should also complain about DMC4, as Gilgamesh is a clear ripoff of Beowulf, which is itself a ripoff of Ifrit, all of them being gauntlet-type weapons with attacks that can be charged up.

But hey, so which item in DMC4 was Osiris ripped off from? Or Aquila? Or how about the Arbiter? I don't recall him using a scythe, axe, or shurikens in DMC4. That's 3/4 of his special melee weapons that aren't weapon types he has in DMC4. Maybe you're confused as to what "most" means. Or are you so desperate to hate the game that you're also including things like healing items in the "ripoff items"? Or series constants, like his sword and Ebony and Ivory?

So no, you have not stated any actual reasons for it to be considered bad.
Reno Takamiya
leonu45
Raven Prime

If only getting an award meant a game was good. Games I don't really like have won GOTY even then It's only an award to garner more sales and add all the DLC into a special edition. Game Of The Year, should be only done by one group of people and only awarded once year. Not awarded by multiple different magazines, E3, Spike's VGA's GameSpot etc. and more than once a year.

I don't think it's an alternate reality per se (comics love doing this though), but it's a reboot.
They're rebooting the origin story of Devil May Cry, so if you're looking at this chronologically, this would be the very first game in the series.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff