jk
ily
i don't really care. <3
rofl
im sorry i just really dont buy from shops
for many many reasons
1 i never have da $$$$$ i only have items
2 i dont have the patience to wait ******** weeks to get my art
3 for some reason i think freebies look better than the comish, maybe because the freebie wasnt obligated idfk i dont sell art

lol why would I be mad?
I have no reason to be mad.
Lol People who are mad are dumb.
lol and you're right I make people wait for weeks. lol Cause it's the effort. but if it's free I just do stupid a** s**t.
i guess

emotion_eyebrow

Anxious Vampire

oBun
civiIization
saw a headshot that got sold for 17m smh it looked like 300k at most
tell that to everyone else in this thread
if they took 3 hours on that art is totally worth the 17m

this sites reeks of suckers

***** i dont care if u bustin balls tears droppin on ur tablet ur mom got u for christmas for 5 hours
if it looks like s**t u dont deserve s**t

Receiver

oBun
Pnyuu
That's ridiculous. That's the last thing I would've expected a fellow artist to say. You DO realize 1mil is only equal to a dollar right? You DO know that art takes 5 hours plus to complete yes? You DO understand that we are wasting our REAL time for FAKE money yea? In my opinion NO ART should be sold under 10mil
i never sell my art you know, never, even if it takes me more than 5 hours to draw which never happens because my art is simple, i never charge for it, i would say in my defense i draw with a mouse and ******** aint that hard, i end up having cramps all over my arm from my wrist to my shoulder
but i wouldnt charge a dime because i love to draw and to draw what i like
people have tipped me crazy and i feel bad when they send me like 3m items for MY art, thats crazy.
my point is, artist should draw more because they like to draw, not because they like fake currency on a kids site
User Image

so by your logic, If you have a skill that you love doing, you should give it away for free. stare
because ******** the time lost and ******** the material costs lol.
writers should give their books away for free. music artists should give their music away for free because they love singing rofl

Sparkly Bunny

Pnyuu
oBun
Pnyuu
That's ridiculous. That's the last thing I would've expected a fellow artist to say. You DO realize 1mil is only equal to a dollar right? You DO know that art takes 5 hours plus to complete yes? You DO understand that we are wasting our REAL time for FAKE money yea? In my opinion NO ART should be sold under 10mil
i never sell my art you know, never, even if it takes me more than 5 hours to draw which never happens because my art is simple, i never charge for it, i would say in my defense i draw with a mouse and ******** aint that hard, i end up having cramps all over my arm from my wrist to my shoulder
but i wouldnt charge a dime because i love to draw and to draw what i like
people have tipped me crazy and i feel bad when they send me like 3m items for MY art, thats crazy.
my point is, artist should draw more because they like to draw, not because they like fake currency on a kids site
User Image

so by your logic, If you have a skill that you love doing, you should give it away for free. stare
because ******** the time lost and ******** the material costs lol.
writers should give their books away for free. music artists should give their music away for free because they love singing rofl
a lot of them give free s**t and donate millions, to people who need it
and thats real money, thats their job, the way they put food in their mouths
this is just gaia
im talking about art on gaia, if you have irl comish good for you, i would pay for irl art tbh

Nimble Angel

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
I've read through this thread and find your take on this pretty interesting.

For me, I see drawing art for people on Gaia as a way of combining both avenues I love. That's drawing and finding improvements in my work along the way, and finding continued interest in Gaia by earning gold or items using skill rather than shelling out money for these same virtual goods. I remember being shy to do this at the end of 2012 because I didn't think anybody would really pay a lot of gold for what I do, but as it turns out...people seem to love throwing large amounts of gold at me during art auctions, so I decided to make bank of that. Who wouldn't though? It's no different than being a free lance artist in real life. Plus I am technically giving out art for free since I've asked for no real life currency so far.

Gold is very easy to obtain nowadays, therefore 1mil for art alone would just be hard to live on here.

I know strapping young man already showed you something from my DA already, but here's another:
User Image

The girl who commissioned this from me paid around 180mil for it. It's one of my personal favourites because it sees a new direction my art is taking, and that wouldn't have been possible had it not been for the fact that gold aside, I enjoyed her commission a lot. She had really interesting characters that I wanted to portray in a certain way and I ended up having a lot of fun making the drawing and finishing it. She really liked it too and felt like she got her gold's worth, as did other people she showed it to.

So yeah, this is a bit of a long and winded post, but I'd say that art is worth as much as people feel it's worth. And if they're willing to pay a certain amount to an artist, and feel like they got their currency's worth in the end. Then all the merry to them.

Friendly Fatcat

oBun

I don't mind lowering my prices, my mnimum is 150k but everyone offers much higher.
I tipped a girl with Magical Mender a while back aha, she loved it. ; U ;
I pay for freebs most of the time myself.

Dangerous Fatcat

Daintea
Here's my thing: We could be working for REAL money,
but we decide to work for fake currency instead, so we can ask for heavy prices.
I also don't want 150k for my art when I spend 3 friggin' hours on it.

That's exactly how I feel
but I usually end up spending 5 hours on my art xd

Dangerous Fatcat

Israphal

For me, I see drawing art for people on Gaia as a way of combining both avenues I love. That's drawing and finding improvements in my work along the way, and finding continued interest in Gaia by earning gold or items using skill rather than shelling out money for these same virtual goods. I remember being shy to do this at the end of 2012 because I didn't think anybody would really pay a lot of gold for what I do, but as it turns out...people seem to love throwing large amounts of gold at me during art auctions, so I decided to make bank of that. Who wouldn't though? It's no different than being a free lance artist in real life. Plus I am technically giving out art for free since I've asked for no real life currency so far.

Gold is very easy to obtain nowadays, therefore 1mil for art alone would just be hard to live on here.

I know strapping young man already showed you something from my DA already, but here's another:
User Image

The girl who commissioned this from me paid around 180mil for it. It's one of my personal favourites because it sees a new direction my art is taking, and that wouldn't have been possible had it not been for the fact that gold aside, I enjoyed her commission a lot. She had really interesting characters that I wanted to portray in a certain way and I ended up having a lot of fun making the drawing and finishing it. She really liked it too and felt like she got her gold's worth, as did other people she showed it to.

So yeah, this is a bit of a long and winded post, but I'd say that art is worth as much as people feel it's worth. And if they're willing to pay a certain amount to an artist, and feel like they got their currency's worth in the end. Then all the merry to them.

omfg I would so buy your art if I had any gold on me right now xd
I just don't buy much art any more. I'm trying to save my gold for items myself, and I never liked the idea of spending so much for a picture. It's great that others will but I personally won't. I don't make gold fast enough.
Daintea
Here's my thing: We could be working for REAL money,
but we decide to work for fake currency instead, so we can ask for heavy prices.
I also don't want 150k for my art when I spend 3 friggin' hours on it.

Sparkly Bunny

Israphal

User Image

i wont deny you're really good and maybe your art is worth more than 1m, i personally wouldnt pay for it, 1 i dont have 180m, hell i dont even have 5m, 2 i dont really enjoy realistic, flawless art, it makes it look too plastic in my eyes
again i think you're very good, just not my style
i like art that looks full of life, that looks like the artist absolutely enjoyed drawing it, i can tell when someone enjoys drawing something because the picture flows so good and its just so pretty and i've noticed most of the time, these kind of drawings are freebies
i think its because the artist doesnt feel the obligation of delivering something so perfect that ends up looking plastic
they have the freedom of creating

idk i feel inspired rofl
this is just my opinion, maybe because im poor and i cant really afford high quality art, although even if i could i dont think i wouldnt because art shops are always too full and i have no patience to wait

Sparkly Bunny

Daintea
oBun

I don't mind lowering my prices, my mnimum is 150k but everyone offers much higher.
I tipped a girl with Magical Mender a while back aha, she loved it. ; U ;
I pay for freebs most of the time myself.
mmhh if i had a tablet i would make a shop
a pay whatever u want shop
my lowest i think would be 40k surprised
i prolly wouldnt anyways, no one wants to pay for my art rofl
and yes i always tip always emotion_kirakira

Tree

I would say 3m at most for something really well done

Sparkly Bunny

jardines
I would say 3m at most for something really well done
yeah i think i went down too much
o well