Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Trickster

Catzi_from_teh_group
I think *nods*
Ooo.

Well played, Descartes. xd
I love how we're all trickling back. I blame Ink. XP
So I was poking around the shops, and once you get past the first page of new stuff I recognized everything. And I haven't been on in years and years. Just... wow.
Not counting the cash shops, of course. XP

Friendly Trickster

JessiLynn
Not counting the cash shops, of course. XP
You'd probably recognize at least one thing in the main cash shop.

They're selling Nightmare Minis again. For $150. sweatdrop
....Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me that the whole "It's only available once!!!: thing that's the entire point of the monthly collectables is now bs?

Friendly Trickster

JessiLynn
....Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me that the whole "It's only available once!!!: thing that's the entire point of the monthly collectables is now bs?
For enough money, apparently.

Armed Combatant

Oh yeh, they were selling halos for a grand not too long ago. Lately they've been doing re-releases of the '03s for 'flash sales' and such.

No real wip's today, haven't had time to touch the tablet. :<

Friendly Trickster

InkHound
Oh yeh, they were selling halos for a grand not too long ago. Lately they've been doing re-releases of the '03s for 'flash sales' and such.

I was waffling on if I should sell my minis or not a while back. Actually asked the girl who gave 'em to me for permission. Glad I did before the rerelease now...

Armed Combatant

Lucky on your part then! They're just destroying what's left of gaia's 'economy' left and right.

Friendly Trickster

InkHound
Lucky on your part then! They're just destroying what's left of gaia's 'economy' left and right.
I know. It's insane. I have 21 mil left and I'm not sure how much art that's actually going to net me.

What kills me is they put in some decent gold sinks and then proceed to destroy them by constant rereleases of Flynn's Chest and Booty and flash 'sales' for several thousand GC. It's like no one's shown them pictures of post WWI Germany, lining up with a worthless wheelbarrow of cash for a loaf of bread.

Armed Combatant

I think they just don't care at this point, honestly. :<

I'm going to have to rely on art trades primarily since gold has started to become so worthless :<

Friendly Trickster

InkHound
I think they just don't care at this point, honestly. :<

I'm going to have to rely on art trades primarily since gold has started to become so worthless :<
They don't. There were two announcements from Admins and Devs this week that basically amounted to "we know the economy is screwed because of the stuff we released, but the site costs a ton of money what with all the games and comics and stuff that isn't the forum at all now, and this is how we pay for things so give us cash so we don't have to go to a subscription model for the forums"

At least that's what I read.

Immediately after the State of the Gaia address, they re-released miniwings. For $150.

Familiar Citizen

I'm thinking about either buying one of the remaining two wolves I wanted long ago or turning to B/C forums. They don't seem to have been affected by inflation and everyone seems kind of steadfast in keeping prices reasonable, so at least folks without a lot of G will be able to get something D:

I was waiting to see how this all pans out. While the frequent 'flash sales' are kind of annoying and I dislike that old MCs are included in them, I understand that this is what users have asked for for years. I've lurked the SF long enough to have seen to many complaints about the Chance Items that said they'd pay good money for CI items without the RIG aspect. I've seen people in SF over the years say they'd pay even $50 for such things. While their high prices of $100+ and the jawdropping $1000 for the Halo is stretching things quite a bit, I get selling the items individually for even up to $50 (perhaps I would have been comfortable with $100 for a Halo though).

But inflation getting a little crazy. Though part of me can't help but think that part of the inflation is savvy marketers artificially inflating things further than they would normally be. People have been manipulating the market for their own advantage as since I've been around @.@ Not saying it's ALL because of that, but I think that users themselves are at least partly responsible here as well (Again I look to the B/C forums which have largely remained untouched by inflation thus far vs the ridiculous state of the Art Auctions right now).

Armed Combatant

Two wolves? And I've primarily been in B/C forums for most of my gaia years, so it's a pretty nicely protected niche.

I saw those announcements and call BS, they only want more money. Gaia survived and managed just fine back in it's early days, getting by purely on sporadic donations and all that jazz. Has anyone forgotten the ******** of ads all over the place? I'm sure that alone pays most of the bills. They want more money because they've gotten fat and over-expanded their market so they're scrambling to try and pay a lot of unnecessary bills (lol, like our government, actually).

ANYWAY.

User Image

I'll be changing Dinah's pose because I used a similar one not too long ago, well, years, probably. SO I MUST DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Prolly more slouch up in there.

ALSO STARTED READING SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces