Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image

Vixen and her Shadow made an impression the second they entered the club. People stepped out of the way and averted their gaze and those idiots that thought they had control over the slippery fox were quick to make sure she was happy and not about to skin them alive. They'd heard somewhere that she did stuff like that...

At any rate, Vixen was in a good mood and so she and her shadow spent the next couple hours dancing or talking when when they weren't stealing the show. No one could keep their eyes off of the pair. However, all too soon, it came time for her to do what she came her to do: steal files. She slipped away under the guise of meeting a few others for business but as soon as she was out of sight of all the clubbers... She made a bee-line directly for the bosses office.

Aria used telekinesis to break the lock on the office and slipped inside, closing the door silently behind her. It was dark, she needed light, but she didn't dare turn on any of the main ones and instead settled for a small desk lamp. The red-head began to rifle through the papers on top of the desk and pawed through the desk drawers, looking for papers that would give her all the information she needed to shut down the drug ring. Just as she was about to give up, Aria discovered a hidden drawer underneath the desk, finding it accidentally by running her fingers under the edge. There were several files hidden within and the papers inside each folder were exactly what she needed. Names, dates, times... Even case files of their illegal test subjects, all of which had ended in failure. "Yes..." She breathed, smiling a little. Aria pulled all of the files out and then closed the secret drawer, preparing to leave just as quietly as she had come, when there was a faint pop behind her. Before she could turn around to see what it was, a pair of arms went around her. Out of instinct, Aria shoved back against the person, slamming them into the wall. There was a second and a third pop and then there were two more people in the room with her.

"Ello sweetheart," a sickly sweet voice whispered in her ear; where was this guy coming from? When she turned to attack, nobody was there. "Too slow!" a voice cackled in front of her as a fist colided with her cheek. The other two men glaring at her were not close enough to attack, and it seemed her biggest concern was this teleporter. He seemed to enjoy attacking her blindspots, so she had to be ready to take advantage. Unfortunately, she had to come up with this plan while the teleporter unleashed a barraged of blows from all sides, driving her to her knees.

"Oh come now love, surely the Red Orchid is going to put up a better fight," cackled the voice from seemingly all around her; how quick was this guy teleporting? Aria caught the teleporter's boot as it collided with her ribs, but her victory was short lived as a sharp pain in her neck knocked her unconscious. "Tsk tsk love." The teleporter shook his head. "Watch the door," he barked over at the other men, who snapped quickly at his words. With more time on his side, the teleporter pulled another syringe from his pocket, using it to relieve Aria of some of her blood. "Her shadow should love this," he cackled to himself; he used the syringe to write the word 'goodbye' on the desk in Aria's blood. Satisfied with his handiwork, he nodded at the two thugs. "Keep us muted, if any sound escaped aside from what we want, her shadow will ruin our fun prematurely," he advised them. They obviously had done their homework on Vixen and her Shadow. The man teleported away, first taking Aria and then his two thugs. All that was left was a trashed office, a foreboding message written in Aria's blood, and a small ticking orb. As the noises in the room ceased to be altered, the orb exploded outward, dousing the room in a gaseous form of sodium bicarbonate; baking soda. This would nuetralize all of the odors in the room, even to a well trained and enhanced nose.

They clearly knew their targets...

She couldn't breathe, her lungs were on fire. It felt like she was trying to swim up through syrup. Aria forced her eyes open but couldn't see. Everything was hazy. And then, all at once, everything was too bright, everything was too loud, her body felt like it was in flames. She winced and then regretted it. Her heart hurt, it was racing too fast. Aria blinked, trying to see, squinting her eyes to focus on the people she could see moving around, the people who were making so much noise that it felt like her ear drums were about to burst.

“You know, it's kinda funny,” the man said, walking around behind Aria where she could not see him. “Big... bad... Vixen... not so tough now, are ya?” he asked, leaning in and hissing into her ear. “You can try your meta abilities all you want love. You've got a special cocktail of ours running in your system. I bet you feel it. You're skin is crawling, hard to concentrate? Being hit by fear?” at this last bit, he appeared in front of her and screamed in her face. With the cocktail of pharmaceuticals running rampant in her system, her amygdala was firing on all cylinders, flooding her with fear. When he yelled at her, he was not a man, but a demon, threatening to destroy her.

Aria jerked, trying to get away from this man, twisting her head away and closing her eyes. She couldn't help but scream in terror. Her heart was beating a frantic tattoo against her ribs. The restraints that bound her to the table kept her from going anywhere, tightening around her wrists as she struggled to get away. She didn't understand what was going on. Where was she? Who was this man? Where was Darren? Why couldn't she use her kinesis?

“Of course, what fun is just messing with your mind? Oh no, you get the full package!” he roared, grabbing a nearby set of jumper cables and sparking them in front of her eyes, causing her to try and back away; her restraints kept her ridgidly in place. “That's right love... go ahead and scream. No one to hear you but us,” her torturer hissed before jabbing her with the jumper cables and sending pain flooding throughout her body.

“You're gonna beg me to end it when I'm done. If you're lucky,” he paused before jabbing her with the jumper cables again, “I will.”

Her screams echoed through the room but there was no one to hear it but her torturer and his lackies.

"The sweet music of a rat in pain. Music to my ears love. Scream away, nobody will hear you." Her torturer laughed, his laughter echoing off the walls alongside her screams.

co-written by siris99 and wolfie
Roskuel

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageUser Image
                                                              Everyone was finally gone. They'd all left the medical bay, leaving Amanda alone. She was completely healed, thanks to Kayleb, but hadn't done so much as opened her eyes once her injuries were gone; she was still too much in shock to even want to think about moving. Ri-... He had been with the team for months, learning their secrets and earning their trust... It had all been a set up from that very first day, when she and her twin had come across Jack Frost beating the snot out of some poor Scottish guy. They, the entire team, had been tricked by a smooth talking thief and some robots. How could they hope to protect the world when they couldn't even protect themselves? First Peter and now Ril-... No. It wasn't 'Riley Cooper', it was Rotor. He'd never cared for her, he'd only used her to get closer to the team and their secrets. It was all just a lie. How could she have been so stupid? She'd really cared about him... Amanda opened her eyes, not really seeing the blinding white of the fluorescent bulb above her. She didn't want to be in the med bay... The bed was uncomfortable and the buzzing of the lights made her ears hurt. Or maybe it was just her imagination... Who could really say? But no one was around, so who was there to tell her that she couldn't leave? Her entire being just felt... numb, as if her body itself was refusing to accept what happened. Amanda sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed; for a brief moment, worry that her legs wouldn't obey her cut through the fog she felt... but they held. When she entered the hall, it was empty. Her sister had left, JC and Kayleb were also gone, and it was anyone's guess as to where Will, Celeste, and Sheera were. Darren was probably on his way to crazy town, so who knew where he was. Amanda moved down the hallway, more zombie than person, not seeing anything in front of her and walking more out of habit than sight. When she finally made it to her room, she looked around at the simple furnishings.

"Yea, fixed meh right up. Amandeh... what's wrong?"

"Yeh can tell meh... I'm here for yeh, yeh can trust me."

"I'm here for yeh, yeh can trust me"... The words echoed in her mind, replaying over and over again. She had told him about Peter and how he'd betrayed the team. She'd trusted him with that information. She'd trusted that he wouldn't do the same thing. But he'd fooled her, and everyone else on the team... just like Peter had. He knew everyone's identities and their abilities and that not all of them were emotionally stable... JC was suffering from PTSD, Darren was going crazy, Tina had anger issues, Sheera had the potential to be a serial killer, and Will had so many issues that it would be easier to catalog them all. Kayleb still suffered from PTSD and God knew what else... He could tell the world. No one would trust the team again. They'd all be labelled unhinged or dangerous, maybe even locked away. Rotor could topple all the team had worked for... All because they'd been tricked into trusting him. She should've known he was too good to be true...

“I know nothing I can say can make up for this... I lied to you, lied about who I was, lied about everything. Feel free to yell at me, attack me, I deserve it all. I just... thank you for letting me feel like a good guy for once.”

Amanda closed her eyes, a single tear tracing a path down her cheek. He was a liar, a cheat, and a thief. He'd weaseled his way into the team and used them. She still couldn't believe it. He'd been so sweet to her, so kind. Had he cared about her at all? Or... Was it all just a lie? Had everything been a lie? Her mind had fallen into that dangerous space where thoughts, memories, and emotions collide; without help, it was unlikely she would come back for a while. She didn't hear Tina open her door and didn't even register that her twin was speaking to her until she said, “Look Mand. This little guy, he needs your help. See?” and held up a tiny, wounded kitten. “He needs you Mand, poor little guy.” Amanda's dazed expression focused on the tiny black charcoal smudge with silver eyes in her sisters hands for a moment before the brunette reached over to take the kitten from Tina. "I'll take care of him." Her voice had a hallow quality to it but her eyes had finally focused completely on the kitten. Tina stood there for a moment more before seeming to realize that Amanda wanted to be alone and leaving.

Amanda took the little kitten into the bathroom and pulled water from the taps, heating it to just the right temperature, before carefully dragging gentle tendrils over the kittens fur, cleaning it of sand and dirt, before carefully cleaning the poor things head injuries and healing them enough to allow new skin growth. Healing animals was always a little different than healing people... Once he was clean, the water was released down the drain. "It's okay little guy... I'll take care of you," she whispered, stroking his ears..

siris99
            Tegian
            ooc:
User Image
User Image

(This post is very music oriented, so please be sure to click the 'MUSIC' link above and every 'Change Music' link you come to if you want the full experience. If not, I hope you enjoy the post anyway ^.^)

"Something you need to learn... no matter how personal the fight.. we are all family. So, even when you want to be alone... we are there whether you like it or not. Best take advantage of that.. you're going to need it."

Thoughts: Something isn't right...

Warm bodies swam through the lights and music of the club like a school of disoriented fish. It was a toxic atmosphere; almost as toxic as the many forms of substance ingested by the crowd. Their appetite for the psychotropic experience seemed unquenchable. Not all were under the influence of hard narcotics, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference when looking at the crowd as a whole. This was largely because, even if they weren't feeding on physical drugs; the body heat and sheer amount of pheromones released into the air, mixed with deafening music and flashing lights was enough to cause the same symptoms. Darren, as The Vixen's Shadow, simply stood on the side of it all; as close to the stairs as possible. He was listening. Blocking out the music and just about everything else, allowed him to focus on a single point: Aria. It had only been a couple of minutes, so he wasn't worried. In fact, he could hear her rustling through drawers, looking for the evidence they came for. Her heart rate fluttered like the wings of a hummingbird as her breathing raced. Adrenaline was pumping through her veins. As much as Aria wanted to rid herself of this dangerous masquerade, Darren knew she would miss it. The exciting life of a vigilante was fun, but nothing truly compared to the thrill of taking on the underworld by becoming part of it.

As he took the time to check on his surroundings, he heard a single word from Aria... 'yes'. She had found it. They would be out of here in... um... Aria's heart. The rate seemed consistent, but each beat was harder pressed than the last. Maybe she was just excited? It was possible, but something else was off. He should have heard Aria moving to get out, but... nothing. This was just enough to grab his attention. If she had been compromised, Darren needed to step in and get her out. The archer nodded politely at the security guard next to him as he moved away, casually walking up the stairs. At the top, he was stopped by a very tall, very muscular man with a 'VIP' patch on his arm. "I'm sorry sir, but only the Vixen has access past this point. You will have to wait for her downstairs." The man clearly knew who the Shadow was and looked to be doing his job the best he could. His tone was respectful. Darren didn't have time for this. Something wasn't right and he needed to get to her. He hated to do this... "I really am terribly sorry." Before the VIP security guard even had time to give him a look of confusion, Darren's fist cracked a rib to bring the man down far enough for the archer to force an elbow into his neck; knocking him out cold. Darren let the large man down easy to keep him from falling down the stairs before rushing past him. Some of the group who had rented out the VIP lounge ran to check on the security guard while others ran to tell other security of what happened.

MUSIC CHANGE

Darren quickly picked up on Aria's scent and began to follow it when he suddenly heard a faint pop, like the sound of a confetti gun. He raced to the door his fiancee should have been behind, but when he opened it... no one. Aria's scent stopped at the door. Darren looked to the floor. Traces of sodium bicarbonate were everywhere. Whoever was here... they had completely removed any trace of smell. He tried... he tried so hard not to look at the most obvious of all the clues, but his eyes were fixated on it. In blood... on the desk. It was a message for him. It was Aria's blood. His fist clenched as he forced himself further in. As he listened for echoes of what transpired, he heard only Aria's rushed heartbeat. The sound still floated through the air, like a part of Aria trying to hold on... trying to tell him something. He made it to the desk, seeing the files strewn over the ground. Darren knelt to see if he could find anything... anything at all. If anyone could have seen him, he would have seemed... calm. He was far from it. Darren was in shock; his mind so jumbled. The anger, the despair he felt was so great... his body couldn't physically express it. Not right now. He was trapped in a world of silence, numbness; he wasn't even sure if he could believe his eyes in this moment. As his lifeless fingers brushed the files together, a voice shattered the void. "Come out of there!" Darren's head snapped to the doorway. The light from outside caused a group of shadows to form just inside the room. The archer rose to his feet and walked toward the opening without a word. When he reached the door, the sight of two security lackies, three VIP agents just as enormous as the one he took down at the top of the stairs, and one large, scarred man filled his vision. The lackies and the scarred man all held guns, pointed directly at Darren. "What's that in your hand?" the scarred man asked. "This? Oh, this is nothing. Just a record of your involvement in the local drug ring. Seems you're at the top of the list. That, plus the charge for carrying firearms in the UK? You're in a heap of trouble." Darren didn't even smile. It wasn't a joke. "Where's that famous accent of yours? What is that I'm hearing? American? You and that Vixen girl are nothing but spies. Should've known. No one is that good. You're a ponce! Now, you're going to put those files on the ground, or me and my friends here can put you in the ground. We'll dig you a grave and all sing God Save the Queen as the worms start decomposing what's left you, you piece of s**t!" Darren looked at the files, then back at the scarred man, "Oddly specific." he said as he thought for a moment. "I'll put the files down," he continued, crouching to set the folder on the floor, his other hand moving to his chest for a moment as if for balance.

MUSIC CHANGE

When he was back to standing straight, he began again, "... but only because I'm going to need both hands to ring your fat neck!" Darren's hand shot forward, flicking a button he had removed from the vest right into the scarred man's eye. This gave him just enough time to twist and remove the gun from his hand before slamming his foot into the man's chest, sending him flying into the arms of the VIP agents. Darren quickly rolled backward into the office, using the momentum from his kick. The two lackies began firing, each shot cutting way too close for the archer's comfort. They were at nearly point blank range; it was a wonder they hadn't hit him at least once. He did feel a bit of pressure on his right leg for a moment, but there was no time to look for injury. The VIPs were already recovering. Darren pulled the magazine from his current weapon, removing a single shell and dropping the rest of the mag altogether, all while rolling sideways to escape the continuous fire. It was no surprise that, by the time Darren had completed his side roll, the lackies had emptied their mags, causing them to reload. The archer sprinted back out of the office, chucking the extra shell at one lackie, while using the remaining shell in the barrel to fire a shot into the knee of the other. The shell he tossed, lodged itself backwards into the barrel of the first lackey's gun, making it impossible for him to reload. Darren tackled the one he had shot in the knee, grabbing the gun before he could reload and pulling it apart as he somersaulted into standing. His back was now facing the others and one of the VIPs reached him, grabbing him by the shoulder. The archer was quick to react, pulling the pointed comb from his back pocket, spinning down and outside of the VIP's grip; stabbing the comb as hard as possible into his achilles tendon before ripping it out, causing his tendon to snap. The other two VIPs weren't but a step behind, both charging at Darren. He ducked, slamming a fist in each of their guts and twisting. Both lurched in pain as the archer pushed them aside, staring down the remaining lackie who had given up trying to load his gun and pulled out a knife. As the lackie approached, Darren continued to look at him with fury in his eyes. The man went for a lunge and the Challenger simply misdirected his hand and punched him in the larynx. Now... where had the boss run off to?

Darren grabbed the files, ran and flipped over the balcony rather than taking the stairs, then made his way to the entrance. The crowd had scattered out of the club, what with all the gunfire and such, and from the smell of things... so did the scarred man. As he stepped outside, Darren surveyed the area. With everyone running about in panic, it would seem the scarred man's limo wasn't able to pull up like he wanted it to... so he was running to it. Darren slipped his way through the crowd of people as fast as he could, gaining quickly on the man.

The driver opened the door for the large man as he stumbled in, "Don't worry about the door, just get in and drive!" The scarred man shut his door and watched as his driver rounded the car to get in. Before he made it... the young driver's head was slammed into the hood of the limo. Darren set the files down in the front seat and charged his way to the back where he entered and grabbed the scarred club owner by the collar, shaking him as hard as he could, "TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!" The scarred man scowled, "You think I'm scared of you? I've been through it all, ya tosser. You can't threaten me!" Darren pulled out the pointed comb, "I bet you still have your balls!" he screamed as the comb hung over the man's crotch, "Now talk, or you'll end up with two less friends in prison! Where is VIXEN?!" The scarred man squirmed beneath Darren's rage, "I don't know." "LIAR!" he yelled, pressing down slightly with the point of the comb. "I don't know, I swear! I thought she was with you! Please!" The archer listened closely to his tone... and to his heart. Even in panic, it was clear; the man was telling the truth. Darren let go of his collar and took the pointed comb away from his crotch before tying the scarred man up with the seat belts. He grabbed the files from the front seat, stuck them next to the man, and left him for the authorities, who arrived at the club just after Darren had pulled out with the Audi and turned the corner.

MUSIC CHANGE

There was no trail. Not of sight, scent, sound... nothing. They... whoever they were... they took her from him. Why? He just got her BACK! He didn't know what to do, but he had to do something. Darren pulled to the side of the street and parked before grabbing his Drift attire and sending the Audi to base. He couldn't track her in the car. He couldn't track her on foot either! At least on foot... maybe he had a better shot at finding something... anything. The archer climbed to the roof of the nearest building, his orange and black suit hanging over his shoulder. He sat and focused. Stretching throughout the city with his abilities to find one person... letting all that noise in... it was something he had only ever done once, and that was when JC went missing. Though, Celeste had been there to heal him. If not for her, he would have bled out and possibly lost his hearing forever. He had to try something... he had to. Darren managed quite a few miles in every direction before the slightest crimson fell from his ear. Nothing... There wasn't even the faintest of signs. He needed help. He needed JC on this with him. Darren pulled his phone out of his pocket... or what was left of it. It turned out that the pressure he had felt was a bullet making its way through pocket and phone without actually grazing him. There was no way he could get it fixed in time. He had his tablet! Darren pulled out the tablet and created a closed signal that was sent directly to JC. It rang... and rang... and rang. Darren went to hang up the call, but then JC's voice shined through. "JC, don't hang up! Please, please, for the love of god don't hang up! Aria is MIA, repeat, MIA... Aria is gone and I... I can't find her, man! She's nowhere! No scent, nothing... Not the slightest ******** trail man! I need you! You have to help me find her! You have to help me get my baby back! Plea-ea-s-e! We just got our life back! Please, I don't know what to ******** do... I don't know what to ******** do," he cried... words melting off into tears of lost hope. He hadn't given up... not yet... but it was like the universe... it just wanted them to suffer. It wanted them to be in pain. As Darren cried into the phone, hearing JC's voice trying to calm him down, his fingers dug into the gravel of the rooftop, "I'm going to kill them..." he muttered beneath his shaking breath, "I'm going to kill them..."

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

XXXXXXXXAs JC was rummaging through the refridgerator, he heard the sound of somebody entering the kitchen. A quick glance told him it was Sheera, dressed... hold up... JC looked again to confirm it: Sheera was definitely dressed up. “Somebody is planning a night out.” he said with a chuckle and low whistle. Sheera gave him a small smile and sipped her vodka. She told him that she hoped it would be fun, as it had been some time. The truth was Sheera was only lately taking time for herself, something JC was glad to see finally occurring. Colder individuals would say Sheera had no friends, but that was not true. Sheera and JC bonded through sparring, and each had a healthy respect for the other. JC could keep up with Sheera and was as driven as she could be. Sheera understood the dark side of JC, the danger he could be that he had to keep in check. It might not have fit the bill of a normal friendship, but it was good enough for them.

XXXXXXXX”Have fun Sheera, you've earned it.” he told her with a nod as he grabbed a powerade from the fridge; not quite what he was looking for but it would do. Somebody would have to go shopping for more energy gels if they were out, he was not the only one who needed them. Sheera smiled a bit bolder and thanked him before telling him to see his girlfriend. “That is the plan.” he smiled to himself. At least, it was until Kayleb suddenly appeared in front of him, more worked up than JC had ever seen him.

XXXXXXXXKayleb demanded the favor, to which JC had no problem, at least until he heard what the favor was. Tailing Sheera? That was wrong, she hardly ever took time for herself, and if she found out her teammates tailed her, it would be a massive violation of their friendship. He would be furious if he found out he was tailed on his dates; not because of the tailing, but because his friends had not come to him first. It felt wrong on every level, which is why JC objected so strenuously. Kayleb cut through it, refering to the team as 'you people'. JC's face hardened at those words; it hurt him deeply to hear Kayleb talk like that. “You people?” he asked, trying to keep the hurt from his voice, “Glad to know you count yourself as part of the team.”

XXXXXXXX“I'll do it, but not all night, but not all night she deserves some happiness. Now go get some rest.” he relented. No way would he say what he saw, that was some small consolation... and he would have to tell Sheera. At some point. He looked out the window and saw her getting into a rolls royce. He quickly pulled a small sphere the size of a marble from his pocket, crushed it, and launched it at the Rolls; it landed on the rear plate where it splatted but stayed in place. It was white, looking like bird dirt, but contained micro frequency nano trackers; he would be able to follow for a couple of hours now.

XXXXXXXXJC left the base on a back up motorcycle, knowing what some of the others would say. A car was impractical for their work, and while he was attacked quite a bit on his motorcycle, he never actually just crashed it. It was a part of what was occurring, not the cause. As he drove, he locked onto her signal and raced towards it. With a GPS fix, he didn't need to stay in line of sight with her. Just to be safe, he turned his communicator to stealth mode, meaning it would register that he was in the comms room at the base. The mode was built into the comms, but he didn't tell anyone; it was like the back up plans he had for each team member. Darren was scene as a master planner, JC was more inverted with his planning.

XXXXXXXXJC pulled up a block away from where the car stopped, not wanting to be seen. He watched stealthy from a nearby alley, staying as hidden as possible. She went inside... he could not follow her. He was in uniform, and would stand out like a sore thumb, and she knew what he looked like under his costume as well. A dumpster provided uncomfortable cover as JC watched for what felt like forever. All he could do is watch from here... what was that noise? It sounded like ruffling and a squawk... what?

XXXXXXXXJC saw it was clear and rounded the corner, seeing a large crow with its head stuck in a fence. He felt dirty as was right now, but even if he hadn't, he would free the bird. He was a hero because he cared, and that included animals. Redhawk was not heartless after all. The fence was wrought iron, so it would take some doing to free the bird. “Easy buddy, I'm here to help.” JC said, employing his best calming voice as he approached. “Looks like you're stuck... give me a moment.” he slowly stated. Grabbing the bars pinning the bird, he strained and pulled. Slowly, the bars bowed out, providing room for the bird to pull free from the fence. The bird, with it's fierce looking talons, hopped out and looked at him; this did not seem like normal bird behavior. It stayed and looked up at him for a moment before a squeal from behind them scared it to a nearby rooftop.

XXXXXXXX“Oh you freed him! Nobody was going near him, they were afraid! Big hero taking a moment for animals in trouble, aren't you just adorable!” the squealing woman cried.

XXXXXXXXJC smiled sheepishly as he saw she had recorded him freeing the bird on her phone. “I'm here to help, human or animal.” he said, sounding more confident than he felt. He was in front of the camera quite a bit, but could still feel pressure when he was caught off guard. After all, he was only human.

XXXXXXXXThe girl grinned and ran up next to him, holding out her phone to keep recording the both of them. “Video selfie with a hero!” she cried out. JC laughed and held up a peace sign, copying her. “I have to get going, goodnight Youtube!” he laughed, heading back to the alley. Well, he had to leave the area now, and had tailed Sheera for... holy crap, was that the time? He had watched the club for hours... well, that was enough. The hero climbed back on his motorcycle and headed out of the area; he wanted to change, and had a clothing stash nearby.

XXXXXXXXOnce he was changed, he forwarded his comms to his phone, and stashed the comms next to his costume on the bike. A button changed the license plate, and he was street legal. Using the bluetooth on his phone through the helmet he wore while riding, he called up Chi. Her phone rang with no answer, so he figured she was busy. Well, he knew where she lived, and figured he could surprise her with some food. A more romantic gesture would have been cooking for her, but he wanted to feed her, not give her food poisoning. A quick stop at a Chinese restaurant for two meals, and he was at her apartment in no time. He knocked at her door, only hear someone round the corner behind him; it was Chi, coming home. “Oh hey, thought I'd surprise you with some food.” he smiled at her. She looked... something was wrong. She had been drinking, and looked like she had a rough day.

XXXXXXXXThey headed inside, her talking about how it had been a rough day. JC suggested a movie, and they ate on the couch as they watched it, snuggled up against each other. Chi seemed more relaxed, and JC knew his own day was better. All of his problems could wait, because all that mattered to him right now was this.

XXXXXXXXJC was awakened by his phone vibrating in his pocket; the DVD menu was playing on repeat, meaning they had fallen asleep. He didn't even know what time it was. Chi was still asleep, so JC tried to pull his phone out without waking her, which took long enough that he answered on the last ring. “Hello?” he whispered. Forwarding from his comms meant he had no idea who was trying to reach him,it was just a forwarded call.

XXXXXXXXDarren's voice, panicking and breaking, cut through the silence, making JC jolt and jostle Chi from her slumber. “Darren, Darren, slow down. Where are you?” JC tried talking over his friend. He needed to know where to go and if he needed to be in costume or not. “Breath. Don't do anything stupid, I will be right there.” JC said, pulling his phone away from his ear and holding it to his chest. Chi looked groggy and confused.

XXXXXXXX“Aria... Darren's fiance is missing, she disappeared from work and he is freaking. I need to go help him find her.” he explained. He set the phone down on the table, still connected to Darren and then got up, grabbing a pillow and blanket for Chi, tucking her in; she was still buzzed from the alcohol. “You stay here and rest up.” he whispered to her, kissing her forehead as he tucked her in.

XXXXXXXXAfter making sure Chi was safe, JC snatched his phone up and headed out the door. When it was closed, he became all business. “I will contact the base. I can be in costume at your location in five minutes. Darren, we will find her.” JC assured his friend before hanging up. Four minutes later, Redhawk roared down an alley, stopping his bike and looking up; Darren was visible on the side of the building. “Ride's here, come down.” he called up as he pulled out his communicator. Normally, he would sound the alarm immediately, but he wanted to get to Darren immediately. “This is a general sound to all Challengers. Code Red, Orchid has been kidnapped. Repeat, Orchid has been kidnapped.” he said into his communicator; every active comm would get that message. All hands on deck would be needed for finding her.

XXXXXXXXDarren wasted no time explaining what had happened. “Sounds like a teleporter... she could be anywhere, even outside the city.” JC said in a low voice; their search radius was gigantic.

XXXXXXXX“Not as big as you think. She agreed to be your guinea pig for the tracker today when I couldn't.” Shaundi said, her voice slightly distorted by furious typing. “The system does not actively show her... but there is a brief spike from her comms at an intersection before it goes dark. I'm looking into surveillence on the area, but it might take some time to get in. Going to need some help with the tech.” she explained. London had CCTV on a lot of streets, but the network had just been upgraded and their backdoor for access had been closed.

XXXXXXXX“I can get her in.” a voice cut across all of the communicators. “...she is in.” the voice repeated. It was low and hollow, sounding vaguely familiar but different enough to not be placed.

XXXXXXXX “I... something just happened with the system... I don't know how... but I'm in.” Shaundi's voice rang over their comms; her tone showed she was concerned over the mysterious voice. “For the time she was there... I've got something, sending it to Darren's tablet.” she said, cutting them in to the video she was watching.

XXXXXXXXThe video on Darren's tablet played slowly before freezing and showing a single frame. It was the teleporter, but he was a dark blur. With him was a blurry but unmistakeable Aria. “Moved too quick... we need to get you to that intersection immediately to see if he was there long enough to leave a scent.” JC said to Darren. Shaundi sent over coordinates; it was several miles away. “Lux or Mist, we need a teleporting immediately, need to get to an area before potential evidence disappears.” JC said into the comms. Time was a factor. The mysterious voice was not promising, but could they afford to take the time to figure it out?

XXXXXXXX “I know you have no reason to trust me. If I wanted to betray you I would have already.” the voice said again over the comms. “I am checking OWC files as we speak... it appears they had nothing to do with this. They are searching as hard as you... I will share anything they find.”

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“ I can't see why you wouldn't crave to cause an explosion when it was just growing, begging to be released from its prison... I couldn't help it. I had to watch the molecules of air and gases ripping each other apart as they vie for what little space there is; it was so... awe-inspiring.”

Thoughts: Watch…Watch…Watch…

{P}
hilip walked the streets, his mind focused on his fight with the abomination earlier. The man had Philip on the ropes the entire time, never easing up. Without a single moment to think, the electrokinetic didn’t have a chance to figure things out. That the beast had seemed to know better than to give Philip even a lone chance to mull things over really bothered him. The accented stranger had even known his name. It was almost as though the man had information about Philip beforehand, as though Philip was being watched…

{W}atch… {W}atch… {W}atch…

{T}hat was it! The behemoth had been all but invincible with his strange energy field until his watch had been hit by shards of the exploding hydrant. After the metal contraption had ruptured, the energy field had disappeared. If Philip last two fights taught him anything, it was to check everyone’s watch anytime he came in contact with a new person. Every watch in this city seemed to hold secrets.

{S}harp thwaps shattered Philip’s concentration. He looked up, taking in his surroundings, trying to find the source of the disturbance with a look of irritation on his face. Two younger looking thugs kicked an older apparently homeless man, demanding he hand over the watch. Philip looked at the watch on the hobo’s arm and breathed in a deep breath of recognition. He had fought over that watch just a few weeks ago.

{S}uddenly made aware of an intruder’s presence, the two thugs looked at Philip with sneers on their faces. The sneers were wiped away as their jaws quickly dropped in shock. One of the two boys nudged the other and they both took off running, even the hobo tried to skitter backwards from his apparent savior. Philip held out his hand in a way that clearly showed he expected the old man to put something in it. The homeless man nodded, put the watch into Philip’s outstretched hand, and ran. The electrokinetic shrugged, walking away from the strange event. He had to return an item a very dear friend had lost recently.

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageUser Image

When the woman known as Lux suddenly flashed into the cell with him, Cyrus jerked a bit, his tensions running high enough already without this woman doing anything so sudden as that. He stared her down, trying to figure out what she really wanted, when suddenly the glow that he had been emitting suddenly started to pull away. The light slowly left his body and spiraled its way into it’s original owner. He watched in a sort of wary wonder as he felt the power drain from him, but when the glow stopped returning to the woman, he could still feel a small orb of the energy inside himself. She had tried to take it back, but wasn’t able to fully do so.

Cyrus looked back up to her, about to smirk and let her know she hadn’t succeeded, but in a flash of light they were suddenly in a deserted alleyway. The sudden change disoriented him, causing him to stumble back a few steps but he somehow managed to keep his feet under himself. “You should give a guy some warning.” He muttered as his hand went up to his head, in an attempt to fight off the dizziness that always accompanied his teleporting… or being teleported more than once in such a short amount of time. "I have no reason to hold you, aside from the fact you tried to steal from me, so you are free to go. I've siphoned away as much of the power as I could, to lessen the risk you may accidentally blow up the city." “Blow up the –“ He was starting to speak with a disbelieving, somewhat mocking tone, clearly thinking Lux had too high an opinion of her abilities. But before he could finish his mocking question, his words trickled away at the appearance of the £100 bill.

What? “Whoa lady, I’m not some charity case, keep your money.” He spoke as if he hadn’t just tried to steal the money only a short time ago. "It's not charity. Consider it a gift. I know you need it more than I do." Cyrus stared at the bill hard for a few more seconds before reaching out and snatching it, as if he thought she was joking and would pull it away from his reach. She didn’t though, it was now his, and while staring at the bill now in his possession, the woman spoke once more before vanishing away.

Quickly as he could, Cyrus shoved the money into one of his hidden pockets and turned to leave the alleyway. He had been gone awhile now, but he had what he needed. Thankfully, the woman had dumped him relatively close to where he had tried to steal her purse so he knew exactly where he was and the nearest place he could go to safely get his £100 bill turned into smaller bills without worry.

The day wore on, and with his sleeping place paid for, he had returned to little one eyed Orion with a bag in hand. The small silver cat mewed happily at his finally arriving ‘home’. “Hey there little Orion.” He spoke quietly as he picked the little cat up and hugged it close. “I had a close call today, but don’t you worry. I got you some food.” He smiled as he sat down on his bed of dirty blankets and coats and pulled out a little can of catfood from his bag then pulled open the can via it’s tab. The cat instantly started to squirm to get to the food so Cyrus let her go with a little bit of a laugh and put the can down beside her. ”Eat up. I only got that one can for you, but I had enough for a bag so you’ll be good for a while.” He stroked her fur as she ate, hungrily gulping down her food.

He let out a small sigh as he leant back against the wall of the building his ‘home’ was set up against, and stared up at the night sky. Unwilled, thoughts of his parents came to him. Images ran through his mind of how happy they must be, fed and warm in their home while the freak they had borne and raised was living like trash in the street. A spiral of anger swam through his mind, how could they not even care? He loved them more than life, and just because of how he was born, they had kicked him out and disowned him. To fight off the tears that threatened, he stood up and walked to the light of the street, leaving Orion to chow down in the dark. “It’s not my fault… It’s who I am, why couldn’t they understand…?” He walked for awhile, aimlessly, and at one point was almost hit by some “Douchebags!” on a motorcycle, speeding down the road like a bat out of hell with no concern for traffic or pedestrians. He stared angrily after the red and orange blur of motorcycle and riders before turning away and heading back ‘home’.

-Location: On the streets- -Mood: Sad and Angry- -Thoughts: What a couple of assholes.-
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

The day was spent with a discussion of what his priorities should be, he was a kid after all. Jr had fallen so far behind in school work and test that he literally is now a year behind. He knew all the subjects fluently and could execute but as far as finding the time to engage in school activities it was clear he had become distant. After leaving the training room earlier in the day, he decided to take a personal day to reflect on what had happened. Little did he know, Lux and Jaeger stopped a kidnapping, and Lux encountered another meta and Aria was mia while Darren was having a mental breakdown on his fiance; You could say Jr was completely oblivious of the situations that unfolded itself to the team.

"I need fresh air.." he groaned as he ruffled his own hair and letting out a stretch looking at his communicator laying on his bedroom desk. He quickly sighed and instead of putting it in his pocket he left it on the desk and walked out the bedroom door to go for a walk. Taking out his cellphone he tapped an application that was labeled JAI. "Jai, please forward any red flag or urgent comm announcement to my phone; that's if it envolves me please." The Ai responded with a quick yes sir and disappeared from the screen. Something was bugging Jr, just the idea of being so far behind and so unsure of his future made everything frustrating. He had accomplished a lot but felt like he had done so little. Maybe the anxiety of failure was getting to him but it felt as if something was missing... 'The watch..' could he have been anymore shallow? Maybe. But he knew he had to find it because his uncle would be coming home in the next coming weeks and if he didn't see that watch he knew what that meant.. trouble.

Walking out of the back entrance of Crest Hallow he felt the cool London breeze rush through his hair and sighed. "I don't even know where to begin.." he sighed pulling out his cell phone and turning on another map that displayed the map of the surrounding area on where he fought Surge; Philip. "Okay, so we fought here and I ran down this street while sending the drone the opposite direction. The last location ping was near this park.." He bit his lower lip thinking, he knew Philip didn't have the watch because it would have presented itself at the halloween party so maybe he just looked at it and ditched it somewhere? It'd be pretty easy to find it even if it had no power because of Jr's ability but he had to at least start somewhere.

Flagging down a cab he gave the directions to the park where the drone wen't down near by. "Keep the change" he said exiting the cab and handing the cabby some money for his trouble. He walked along the side walk looking along the street curb, it was covered in leaves and miscellaneous items like cigarette buds and crumbled pieces of paper. He reached into his pocket taking out a small container opening which concealed contacts with a very foggy look to it, he had created these so he could use his powers more in the open and the only things others would notice is that his eye color was a bright blue. Slipping the contacts on his eyes shifted from the normal light grey to it's very obvious blue indicating his ability. "Alright where are you.." He kept a close eye out on the curb until finally seeing an outline of the drone hidden under a pile of leaves. "Perfect" he knew the watch wasn't with it meaning Surge did in fact get his hands on it, but it was a good start. He siffted through the mess pulling out the small machine which has scorch marks on it, indicating that someone either took a blow torch to it or it was shot down with a possible lash of electricity. "Well.." he sighed as the bird showed no real evidence on what might have happened and the built in camera was completely fried and unrecoverable. Back to square one.. he thought we a sigh as he put the machine in the trash and walked into the park and sat down on the bench trying to think of a plan B.

"Located:ParkMood:Semi frustrated.Thoughts:Time for plan B... What's plan B?

Orojed13

((OOC: I hope this is okay, let me know if I need to change anything))

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageUser Image

Location: HomexxCompany: JuliaxxMood: Angry, hurtxxOutfit: Casual Date

Chiara tensed up as the sound of another voice entered the apartment, coming from nowhere. It wasn't familiar. It said, "What is going on is that you seem to be very upset, and are in danger of hurting her.I am going to step out of the wind, don't attack." Step out of the wind? What...? A man materialized into being near the window and she just stared at him, suspicion sparking in her eyes. She wasn't sure who to believe or what was true anymore. Who was this man? He looked quite exhausted. Behind her, the plants tensed as well, reacting to her own unease and anger.

"Miss Chiara, I see you are angry and hurt. Take it out on me rather than her. You have bits and pieces of a story, and I want you to have it all. Trust me, this is not a word I use often, but please, let us take a seat and talk. If you aren't satisfied at the end, I will let you do whatever you wish." The man gestured to the bits of couch not covered with plant life angry, writhing plant life. Chiara stared distrustfully at the man, unsure if she should believe anything he'd said... She didn't know who he was and no one she'd talked to so far today had been very honest with her. The plants trembled, unsure if they should withdraw or attack.

"Before you ask, I am not here to threaten. You can ask her, she knows of me: I am a jackass. The fact that I am being nice should tell you how badly I think you've been shafted in all of this." He sat down on the couch, on the end that wasn't covered in angry plants. "I don't... I don't understand..." Her confusion must have been evident. Who was this man? And how did he know Julia...? Wait. He must have been an agent with-

"The OWC is not the bad group you think we are. You were not used by us. Far from it. If you were going to be used, things would have gone differently. You are incredibly vital to the future of this world, and so we seek to protect you. You see yourself as the key to saving this world, I can see it anytime you appear on the news. Think of us as unwanted bodyguards. Rule numero uno of bodyguarding is do not get to close to your assignment. It's a an easy rule to break... friendship is something we cannot control." Chiara was getting more and more confused the more the man talked. The OWC was... Protecting her? She was vital to the future of the world? What? It didn't... It didn't make sense. Especially since Mon-... Since he had told her that they'd been behind the destruction of her lab. How could they be protecting her but also be the reason she almost died? That was... It didn't make sense.

The man continued, telling her, "Here is the truth: something bad, something horribly bad, is coming. We aren't clear on the details, but we do know some steps we can take to combat it. Keeping you safe is one of them. However, if you are anything like me, you hate being forced into some position by others. So, we will keep our hands off. I think I am right in saying Julia values your friendship. So, with my full authority, I divest her of any duties relating to you, if she still had any." He nodded to Julia and Chiara stared between the two of them. She was more confused than ever. Nothing was making sense.

"He... Montoro... said that the OWC was behind the destruction of my lab... Is that... Is it true? It doesn't make sense, with what you just told me... Are you people the reason my whole life is in shambles now?" Her voice had an angry, choked quality to it.

The man shook his head, "No. Not that I am aware... My hand is in a lot of cookie jars, so I doubt it could have been done without my knowledge." So Montoro had lied to her again... If what this strange man had told her was true, of course. But she didn't know who she could trust anymore. Montoro had been dishonest, Julia had been dishonest, she had no idea if anything this man said could be trusted... The only person she could trust at this point was JC and that made for a very short list of trustworthy people. Her head hurt. Why couldn't she just get the straight, honest truth from everyone? She was tired of feeling like her head was being twisted around.

"If I find out that you're lying... I will kill you."

The angry Irishwoman turned on her heel and left, the plants retracting back into their potted pots as the door slammed behind her, withering into blackened twigs.

Chiara stormed out of the apartment building and down the street, nearly blind in her anger. Who was lying to her and who was telling the truth? Who was actually trying to help her? Certainly not Montoro, her self-proclaimed surrogate father, who had lied to her at nearly every turn since ambushing her in her own home. Maybe she should move. Maybe JC would help her move... Chiara went to her shop and used the basin to rinse the temporary die out of her hair, running a towel through it to semi-dry it before leaving again and hitting the nearest bar. Several bottles of beer later - she wasn't exactly sure how many - she decided it was time to head home. Chiara exited the bar, blinked, and then... Was standing in the lobby of her building, having only felt a breeze ruffle her hair.

"Am I so drunk that I don't remember walking home?" she wondered for a moment before heading up to her floor.

To her surprise, JC was standing at her door with a bag of something that smelled suspiciously like food and he looked surprised, but happy, to see her walk up the hallway. “Oh hey, thought I'd surprise you with some food,” he smiled at her and she already felt a little better with him around. She squeezed him in a hug before unlocking her front door and entering, flicking on the lights as he entered behind her. Chiara explained, in slightly vague detail, how rough a day it had been and JC suggested they watch a movie. They ate on the couch as they watched it, snuggled up against each other and it was just so... Nice. It was a much better ending to her night than she'd expected. She could feel herself relaxing. All of her other problems could wait because all that mattered right now... was this moment right here.

Chiara groaned slightly in her sleep and snuggled further into JC's side as he answered his phone but didn't wake until he jerked and jostled her so much that she slumped over to the side. "JC? Wha's wrong?" she mumbled groggily; she was still very sleepy and not all there from the booze she'd ingested earlier that evening but she knew enough to know that something was wrong. JC pulled his phone away from his ear and held it to his chest, telling her, “Aria... Darren's fiance is missing, she disappeared from work and he is freaking. I need to go help him find her.” Chiara stared at him. He set the phone down on the table and grabbed a pillow and blanket for her, tucking her in; even though he was doing it because he was leaving to help his friend find his missing fiance, she still felt a little glow of happiness at the gesture. “You stay here and rest up,” he whispered, kissing her forehead as he tucked her in.

"You too," she murmured. "Call me... when you find... her..." The Irishwoman was already falling asleep again. She was passed out before the door closed behind him.

(( Ooc: ))

Roskuel
siris99

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageCELESTE SOLSTICE
XXxa.k.a. Luxx

“This is a general sound to all Challengers. Code Red, Orchid has been kidnapped. Repeat, Orchid has been kidnapped.”

Celeste was jerked awake by her communicator going off, its shrill tone shattering the silence of her room. After her meeting with the little thief, she had wandered the city for some time before returning to base and doing a few relaxing stretches before going to bed to get a little rest. Now she was wide awake. "There in two!" she called into the communicator as she flung her blankets off and dashed out of bed. Kayleb's room was the first stop. "Aria's been kidnapped, we need to leave," she called, opening the door; he was already pulling on his shoes. "I'm going to go grab the twins, meet me in the living room." Celeste was off again, heading down the hall to get Tina and then Amanda. "Tina!" she knocked on the door and then opened it, "We need to go, Aria's been kidnapped." The angry brunette was already up, tugging on her uniform top, and as Celeste left the room, she heard Tina call after her not to bother Amanda. The white-haired heroine had remembered what had transpired between Rotor and Amanda and agreed that it was probably best that Tina's twin didn't come into the field with everyone else; they'd need to move quickly in order to find Aria and Amanda hadn't exactly been moving on high speed when Celeste had seen her earlier. Her communicator was continuously going off now that everyone was awake. “Sounds like a teleporter... she could be anywhere, even outside the city.” Dear Gods, their search radius was enormous... As she raced back down the hall towards the living room, she saw Shaundi set up in the lab and heard the Detroit leader say, as she passed, “Not as big as you think. She agreed to be your guinea pig for the tracker today when I couldn't.” Well that was some kind of luck. Celeste wanted to take her comm out of her ear, so that she wouldn't hear Shaundi in stereo overlaid with the sounds of her furiously typing but couldn't risk missing something, and was already down the hall by the time Shaundi continued, “The system does not actively show her... but there is a brief spike from her comms at an intersection before it goes dark. I'm looking into surveillance on the area, but it might take some time to get in. Going to need some help with the tech.” Jr or Will would be handy in that area... They were better with tech than anyone else on the team. But then a new voice cut across the comm's and almost everyone in base paused at the sound: “I can get her in.” Who in the name of Apollo...? They'd literally just changed their comms, so who on Earth could have hacked in so fast? "...she is in.” So someone had not only hacked into their comm's but they'd also hacked into the city's surveillance system... Who was this person? The voice was vaguely familiar... But she didn't have time to dwell on it. Shaundi was saying that she'd gotten in and had something, which she sent to Darren's tablet. That's when her comm went off again and she heard JC say, “Lux or Mist, we need a teleporting immediately, need to get to an area before potential evidence disappears.” Things were moving fast. Who on Earth had someone managed to grab Aria and get away so fast? "Mist is too exhausted, I'm on my way," she told him, tapping the little device so that it would connect to everyone with an active communicator; it was important that everyone knew what was going on. Kayleb and Tina gathered in the living room and clasped hands with her. In a flash of light, they were standing in downtown London, just across from Darren and JC; both were already in uniform. Lux herself was now in uniform, though the bruise around her eye could now be seen peeking from beneath her mask and it hurt a lot to blink... But otherwise, she looked to be in top form, not a single hair out of place. "Give me the coordinates." They were sent to her communicator, and the others as well, and Lux grabbed Drift and Redhawk, trusting that Flood and Savior would be able to follow to the location now that they all knew where they were going. Just before they teleported... That familiar/unfamiliar voice spoke again, telling them “I know you have no reason to trust me. If I wanted to betray you I would have already. I am checking OWC files as we speak... it appears they had nothing to do with this. They are searching as hard as you... I will share anything they find.” Who is this guy? The street flashed with a brief beacon of light and then Lux, Drift, and RedHawk were in the coordinates she'd been given... Directly in the middle of an intersection. There was another quick flash, just as a car nearly ran them down, and the trio was now standing on the sidewalk. Lux swayed in place a little. "Sorry, didn't mean to get us nearly hit by a car; I overshot a little. She'd looked tired before but now she looked incredibly drained; teleporting across the city and then having to materialize and teleport right away was a bit taxing. Drift was already beginning to move, looking for any clue of his fiance's whereabouts. "Hawk... I hate to ask... But can you drop a few flares for me? I'm going to need the energy if we're going to be jumping around the city." Savior arrived at that moment, landing next to her as RedHawk dropped a small pile of flares on the ground; the light spiraled out of them and into Luxes chest. Her appearance visibly brightened once the light stopped streaming from the flares and she was more energized. "So what now? Do we split up or are we going somewhere else?" She didn't have the kind of nose that Drift did and had no idea where to go next or what they were looking for. Kayleb and Tina would be able to canvas large parts of the city but he wouldn't be very good at interrogating anyone... That was more Sheera's area of expertise but she didn't seem to have her communicator on her. So it was up to Drift or Shaundi - if she had any new info for them - to dictate where she was to teleport them next.

Every moment of LIGHT and DARK is a miracle

Tegian
siris99
Quote:
Roskuel
ooc:

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
User Image

Things are about to change in ways you've never imagined...
ΦΦΦΦ
For the record... I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.
☻☻☻☻☻☻

Mood: Annoyed
Thoughts: I am not some meek housewife

|M|
aeva's posture did not change in any manner as the Shaman tried to intimidate her. She did not blink or adjust her stance and not even her expression changed as he flipped a table; he was easily twice her size but she was obviously not afraid of him. Once he flipped the table, something sparked in her eyes and the entire shop seemed to darken and distort, bending in impossible ways. It was as though the shop itself was responding to a hidden anger within the shops proprietor. "Your temper tantrum will get you nowhere, Shaman, except for perhaps in more trouble than you anticipated." The shops interior suddenly snapped back to its original appearance, like a rubber band snapping back into place, as the door to her shop closed. The hulking cyborg was no longer within her shop and Maeva felt a spike of irritation; her husband, who had been quite absent lately, had decided to make an appearance and use her own talents to spirit away a potential customer who had happened to find a very rare book that applied to him. She'd wanted to speak with that particular customer... Her expression was blank as Arthur took it upon himself to speak to the angry shaman who thought wrecking items in her shop would be a good way to get her to tell him things that he had no reason to pry into. His prying, and his temper, was going to get him into trouble with all the wrong people. As it was very clear that Arthur had no interest in whether or not she had something to say, Maeva moved over to her chair and took a sip of the ginger tea that Celia had so thoughtfully brewed up for her, as her stomach was beginning to feel rather ill again. She only spoke up when Arthur asked her to explain what had been removed from the shop. "Will, a Challenger," was her short response. She didn't bother to look over at them, instead moving over to straighten a few pieces of jewelry on display, all of which were bone from some undetermined source. The ebony haired female appeared to be disinterested in what was going on but she was paying attention to everything, waiting for her chance cut into what appeared to be a well rehearsed speech. As soon as Arthur was done speaking, she whirled around, her skirt flaring out. "As important as this is, you are disrupting my business. Move this conversation outside or to the back room." The look she got from both Igasho and her husband were quite priceless. It was a... Oh, what was the phrase? Ah, Kodak. It was a Kodak moment. If only she'd had a camera on her. Something in her posture, or perhaps her expression, seemed to make it clear that moving from the main room of her shop was not a suggestion and Arthur led the shaman into the back room, which now resembled more of an office room fit for a meeting between CEO's of a big business, rather than a small storage room. Maeva let out a breath. He might have been building an army but she still had a business to run... She had just seated herself next to the fire when the door opened again and the cyborg challenger walked in again, looking confused; he still held the book in his hand. What a fascinating little book that was... Will stammered that he could have sworn that he had just been inside her shop and she smiled reassuringly at him, "What you're experiencing is just a simple case of deja vu; it's quite common and I know that you've been by my shop a few times before. You've run into my employee, Celia, a few times haven't you?" They had and she knew it. "Now. How can I help you?" He seemed to realize that he was holding that little book stained with mysterious liquids and looked at it for a moment before demanding to know where it came from. Maeva stood and walked across the floor to stand in front of Will, plucking the book from his hands and looking at it. "On the Integration of Man and Machine. A fascinating log of what some may call scientific experiments and what others may call abominations. People have been trying to create the perfect meshing of man and machine, otherwise known as cyborgs, for a great many years, beginning even as far back as the middle ages, though those results were of course far from successful. This particular book details the ambitious experiments of a scientist determined to create the perfect soldier." The door to her shop opened and closed again and who should hop across the floor but Vol'Jin. He looked normal to her but would appear to be a Raven to Will. The Challenger commented that there was something odd about the bird and Maeva chuckled. "He has been through a lot in his lifetime and has much to hide... But not as much as you, I'm sure." There was something in her voice that hinted that she knew just what he was despite the fact that his mechanical bits were covered up. "This book was dropped off some time ago by a man. He was small and not particularly interesting but he wanted to get rid of it; sold it to me for a rather low price, despite the obvious antiquity of the book. Do you want it?"

User Image

Orojed13
Roskuel
Wilhelm3
ooc:

Lonely Spirit

|W|hen the table crashed to the ground a few feet away, the witch’s eyes sparked. Her dark red soul connected with the similar souls in the house. The walls shook and colors deepened. It seemed as though the room began to twist as the woman issued her threat. The shaman’s anger only rose as he felt the fury of imminent battle overtaking him. Just as Igasho was about to force the woman to talk, everything snapped back to normal, or rather as normal as it seemed to get around people of import on this world.

|M|adam Maeva’s face had changed from an authority’s anger to that more akin to an annoyed frustration with something behind the shaman. Igasho turned just as a black man said a few words in a language that was not entirely a language of itself. The man changed form into that of a much more regal white man. The way he held himself screamed how much he thought of himself. It seemed as though everyone in this room had the same high self-opinions.

|I|gasho was about to round on the intruder when his hypersensitive, feral nose caught the man’s scent. The man’s words of introduction and the sight of his soul stopped the hair covered Shaman in his tracks though. The man’s soul was a chaotic, reverberating gold that seemed to be held back by a tempered steel border. This man had also claimed to have known his brother, the Trickster Shaman. He was offering assistance. Igasho waited as the man walked over, flipping the table back over. Chairs of soft velvet lined, plush pillows and rich mahogany wood appeared beneath the table as it landed. The man offered his wife and his guest a seat. The woman pointedly walked over to her own chair to sip on tea. Igasho stood, his glare undiminished as he said, his voice lined with anger and impatience, “I am not interested in pleasantries. I have spent my time here doing nothing but observing pleasantries. I will stand.”

|S|eeming to sense that Igasho was not ready to give up his hostility, the regal man gave a warning that if violence were to be resorted to he would defend his wife and unborn child. The smile was back in place as Arthur insisted that Igasho was a guest and that he act like one. The shaman took a deep breath, imagining his lungs filling with the golden light of the Tree of Time’s energy. When he slowly released his breath, imagining the tension and anger flowing out of his body, the shaman thought with a clearer head as the bristling hair slowly receded back into his robed human form. He was being offered assistance from a man who had shown no unwarranted hostility. He had no information beyond what he knew that he didn’t know. Igasho pulled out his chair and sat on the edge of the seat, avoiding the comfort of the pillowy center. Goblets of wine appeared as Arthur tended to his wife, giving her a kiss that was unreturned as he made sure she was comfortable.

|I|n what appeared to be an attempt to make the shaman more comfortable with this attempt at diplomacy, Arthur took the first sip of the wine from his goblet. He then attempted to show that this was a much more civilized way to handle their encounter through his words, mentioning that the shaman surely didn’t have time to relax. Igasho bristled as he said, “I would love if that were true. I have work to do, but have done nothing but sit, relaxing as I wait for something to happen. I grow tired of sitting.” Igasho stressed the last word pointedly. Arthur seemed to just as pointedly ignore the stressed word and looked for Igasho’s proper introduction. Igasho replied, the irritation slowly rebuilding, “I am Igasho, the Warrior Shaman.” The regal man finally seemed to sense that garnishing his language was getting him nowhere as he finally got to his point. He dismissed the possibility of Igasho’s prey having come through the shop. He put stock in his words by connecting his wife and himself again to their past with the Trickster Shaman. Igasho was sure that the man was lying to him just as the woman had. His nose didn’t lie; his nose could not be deceived by mere mortals.

|W|hen the woman replied that only a Challenger named Jaeger had been removed she made to busy herself with unimportant tasks. She had patronized Igasho’s earlier tantrum, but showed no better behavior as she seemed to be pouting by pointedly ignoring what was going on. Arthur quickly moved the subject on though, bringing the conversation to what truly bothered Igasho. The shaman wasn’t sure what prompted him to open up, but his shell finally cracked and an explanation poured out. Igasho began, “I was sent here by the Tree of Time to stop a rupture in the timeline. I was told there was to be a great, bloody war that would rage across London. I stepped through the portal to your time and place and suddenly the Great Tree was gone. I am sure that I am being tested as this is not how I function. I usually arrive where I belong and I am given guidance as to where to find my army, who to fight, which targets are the most important to wipe out to fix the disruption. I am alone and I am confused. I am a warrior meant to fight in battles of legend that are told by generations to generations. Some of my exploits have passed from one galaxy to the next. I am not left to figure things out. I am sent to follow orders and execute the wishes of the Tree of Time.”

|I|gasho’s shoulder’s slouched, his posture drooped. As he continued his voice fell to a heavy tone, “I have been abandoned to rot on this planet of hate, of deception and lies. There is no war. No one is gathered enough in one mind to present any kind of army. My purpose has been taken from me. I had thought it my place in the grand scheme of the Great Tree’s design. Now I know it was only an unstable pedestal.”

|A|rthur took mercy upon Igasho by driving the subject back from the abyss of despair that Igasho truly felt and into Igasho’s mission he had been tasked with before being left alone. Arthur spoke of reconnecting Igasho with the Tree of Time when he had raised his kingdom. The king even showed his benevolence by stating that he did not require any kind of oath of fealty at this time, that he would be more than understanding if Igasho found that he had to choose to fight against Arthur when the time came. Igasho didn’t know why this man had to keep a secret so much that he would kill a man in Igasho’s arms and lie about it afterwards, but he could sense the integrity in this man’s words, in this man’s soul. Igasho sat back up as Arthur spoke, slowly moving to the center of the chair’s center with each word. Arthur and Igasho stood to shake hands to symbolize that Arthur and he had reached a form of understanding with one another.

"As important as this is, you are disrupting my business. Move this conversation outside or to the back room."

|T|he woman suddenly blared back into the conversation, apparently having had enough of whatever insult she felt she was being dealt. Igasho made it a point to ignore the woman’s words, giving no reaction. Igasho immediately said to Arthur, the anger from earlier instantly revitalized in his voice as his hand fell unshaken, “I must go I have to discuss something with someone else. As I see you are truly the one in charge, I will look for you if I feel the need to discuss anything else with you.”

|A|rthur’s face dropped its stoic calm as he lead Igasho towards the back door. His face had taken on a level of irritation as he walked with Igasho. The feeling of the shop lightened as though the building was unclenching. Arthur opened the back door for his guest, expressing an apology on behalf of his wife. Igasho gave a last nod as he walked out the door, his form trembling, reforming into a wolf. On all fours, Igasho ran without any specific destination. If his brother's stories had been true, the owl would eventually seek him out. He needed to be accessible when she did.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

William glanced at the thin air in front of his desk, reading words nobody else could see. He pushed the intercom button on his desk to tell his assistant that he was not to be disturbed; he had a meeting. The assistant was an OWC agent who had been with the group long enough not to question their leader. Even if nobody was here for such a meeting. His computer was turned off so nothing would be accidentally witnessed, and William rose out of his comfortable leather chair. The air was beginning to show signs of the incoming frost, so he stoked a fire that was merrily crackling in the corner of his office before moving to pull out a glass bottle and three glasses. His office was a blended micture of college profressor and businessman, at least at this location. Business gray carpeting, older wooden desk and comfortable leather chairs; white walls with a mixture of artwork and photographs. It was what he liked and needed: practicality with a couple personal touches.

"Three... two..." he counted to himself, turning around just as Geraldo and Jenny landed in his office. "Evening, can I tempt either of you?" he asked, showing them the bottle of whiskey in his hands.

{G}eraldo flew through the air, Jenny and his particles mixing in and out of each other as they travelled at the speed of light. The particles avoided solid objects, passed through windows as though they didn't exist, and finally found a way into the room that held the phone. Never before had he truly appreciated the intimate nature by which he teleported with others, getting to know every inch of the other's body simply by breaking them down into the particles of light he controlled. Geraldo wished he could travel slower just to continue to enjoy this closeness with Jenny a little longer. It ended too soon though.

{T}he room Geraldo was travelling too seemed to lack windows, but a fireplace stuck out of the roof directly above the phone's location so Geraldo directed Jenny and his particles up and back down the fireplace. They solidified directly in front of the newly lit fire. Geraldo looked at Jenny, a new look of fondness in his eyes for the woman that broke him from his own little world. Before he could speak his thoughts about her his thoughts were interrupted by a man speaking. Geraldo held his hand up in a sign for the man to stop as he said without looking away from Jenny, "I'll be with you in just a moment, Zeph..."

{T}railing to a stop, Geraldo had noticed the muted white walls saved only by the sparse pictues and artwork. The man looked around, a look of confusion on his face as he took in the very formal office. He had been sure that Zephyr was more likely to be found amidst the homeless rather than in a boring, white-walled office. Taking in the owner of the disrupting voice finally, Geraldo said, "I apologize. I was looking for someone else. My associate can be a little daft, as though it's just hot air between his ears. It appears he forgot his phone here."

"I can assure you he did not Mr Green. Jenny, lovely to see you again," William nodded at the duo. "I instructed him to leave his phone with me, and anticipated your arrival. Now, once more, would either of you like a drink?" he asked, walking back to his desk and setting the glasses and bottle down upon it. "Please, have a seat." he gestured to the chairs before pouring a glass for himself. It was a twenty one year old bottle of fine whiskey, meant to be consumed without any other additives ruining the taste.

"...I should have known." Jenny closed her eyes for a moment before taking a seat. Of course William was behind this. "Before we conduct any other business, you have my thanks for securing my release." she told William, shaking her head to the drink. "Secondly, Geraldo, this is William, head of the OWC." she introduced the pair. It seemed unneeded to introduce William to Geraldo, William seemed to know nearly everything.

"I would like to apologize for the way this day has gone. Believe me when I say no other course would lead to an acceptable outcome, so your pain was not in vain." William noted to Geraldo, who had nodded at the drink. William poured a glass and offered it over to Geraldo. "Rest assured, Zephyr is not who you should be concerning yourself. After all, he works for me. A man of means such as yourself, I imagine you'd rather deal with the boss rather than someone who you associate with the homeless." he said, quitely revealing how tuned he was into Geraldo.

Jenny looked over at Geraldo and decided an explanation would be best. "William is... quite astute. I am not sure the extent of his abilities, but I have yet to find something he was not aware of." she tried to explain.

{A}s the sharply dressed man revealed he had purposefully had Zephyr leave his phone and that knowing when to pull out the whiskey and glasses was more than just a waiting game, Geraldo felt uneasy. The man offered the drink again and Geraldo nodded acceptance as he looked around the room in a new way. There were no windows and the carpet lead up to the door and beyond. The door frame was sealed tightly, not a crack anywhere that the door met the frame. He could almost imagine how fast something could slam shut over the only escape route, the fireplace. When asked to take a seat, Geraldo moved to the right chair, waiting for Jenny to sit first.

{T}he lightwielder reached out for the glass offered to him by William with his left hand as he sat down. He lifted the glass of alocohol to his nose and took in its scent just as he had the wine. It smelled grand. It had aged wonderfully. With a smile, Geraldo broke apart the glass and the drink contained into light particles and held out his right hand. The glass and drink appeared in his open hand and he sipped the drink slowly. Geraldo said, "This is absolutely wonderful whiskey. I apologize if I seem a little distrusting, but you have caught me off guard." When William continued by explaining about Zephyr and his relationship, Geraldo froze as the man used the exact words that Geraldo had thought not but half a minute ago. Jenny quickly explained the seemingly omniscient nature of William.

{G}eraldo lifted his chin in thought and asked, "What was the first thing I said to Terron when he arrived at my window?"

William permitted himself a small smile at the question. Of course he was being tested. "The first thing was not words but a hug." he noted. "He then lectured you... I could go on, but I assume you would rather I not reveal a sensitive moment in front of her." he continued. "If I were to continue, I would perhaps note the issues you have with this situation, the idea that this could be a trap. You did notice my door quite a bit, for example. And you have a noted distaste for the decor of my office." he added; there was a faint hint of smugness, as one would expect from an authority on any subject to display. This was enough demonstration, at least for what he needed it for. "Now, on to business. You are interested in once more having your abilities. I have the means to let you. You agree to work with us, not for us, and I can let you once more feel the joy of your gift. We are not as evil as you might think us, even Jenny here has worked with us before." he looked over to Jenny. It would do better for her to say it than just William.

"I have completed a couple of contracts. The organization... a favorite phrase around here, is for the greater good. They do accomplish a great deal of good; the Challengers would not be alive without the OWC. But the methods... they are necessary but incredibly difficult to do for any moral individual." she delicately explained. She would never badmouth a client after all. "Or in other terms... I do not seek out work with them, nor would I deny it without looking into the job."

{G}eraldo was impressed that William would know such a thing about him without someone assisting him in gathering that information. The response brought on a pang of guilt for Geraldo though. Terron and he had been through so much together, and Geraldo had demanded he leave just because Terron had accidently offended him. Now was not the time to dwell on it though. When William pressed on, noting Geraldo's distaste for everything about the situation, barring Jenny's presence, the lightwielder had to force himself not to do something to try and level the playing field. There were few things that scared Geraldo, but the lack of controllable space was one of them. William managed to distract him from his growing anxiety though by mentioning the capability of keeping Geraldo powered again. It was of course at a cost. When William used Jenny as an example of the organization not being as evil as most thought, Geraldo looked at Jenny with mild surprise.

{J}enny explained that she had worked for the OWC before and that they stood for the greater good. Geraldo listened closely, trying to form some kind of opinion on what he was hearing about a company that the Challengers denounced strongly. Everything he had been told before was being overturned by these two.

{T}he lightwielder decided he would take a page from his newfound companion; he asked, "When you say to work with you, what exactly does that entail? If I am being told to do something that I disagree with and I refuse to follow orders, what would you do to me?"

"Cut you off, to be rather blunt. Your wages would be your powers, so failure to complete assigned work would mean nothing less than the stoppage of your wages. We will not doing anything drastic, but will conduct it as a business arrangement." William noted rather dryly. Speaking in such a way, it was as if giving Geraldo his powers back was equitable to money. In his eyes, it was. Wages were wages after all.

"As far as the work, I can offer you one such example." William fished a folder out of a drawer in his desk and offered it over to Geraldo. It detailed a mission, recently undertaken by Zephyr. There was a labratory working on a vaccine to a dangerous superbug, funded by the military. It noted how the project was set up supposedly in defence of the bug, but in reality was being conducted to turn the bug into a weapon. Release the bug, innocculate your people; it was nasty stuff. The entire scientific staff went missing, and the entire facility dissappeared. It went further, noting how the staff had been mind wiped and were living out their lives amongst indigenous groups in the Amazon Rainforest. The last page detailed what happened to the mastermind behind the plot; he disappeared from his home during a dinner with his wife, and was never seen again. OWC notes on the matter revealed Zephyr had turned him over to the OWC, and the OWC executed him.

"As she noted, the greater good. Memory wipes do not always hold, and Mr Franklin was too big of a risk; any other course aside from killing him would yield poorer results." William noted. "Your first assignment is in correlation to this one. Zephyr is needed here, and Mr Franklin's second in command is just as vicious. He will be fine with a memory wipe, but he will need to be taken first. That'd be your task; be warned, he is nearly always in the public eye these days, and even has a couple of Meta-bodyguards. I won't bore you with specifics as they are in the mission file, but unless you take them out, you will not be able to remove the target. You agree, you get the file."

{W}illiam's bluntness about working with the OWC and the consequences of not completing assigned tasks was refreshing for Geraldo. Everyone he had done business with seemed to insist on holding some secret ace in the hole just in case they suddenly decided they were unhappy with arrangements. The man spoke like a true businessman instead of all the sharks that had taken up the profession.

{G}eraldo took the file he was offered and skimmed through its contents as William explained the important parts of what it said. It was no surprise that a man like Zephyr had managed this feat. It was a shame to think that Geraldo might work on the same side as the man though. Good villains were becoming harder and harder to come by. If it didn't foster the raising of more villains than there were now, it would probably be a good idea to open a school that would teach bad guys how to fill the role of villain properly.

{W}hen William discussed the basics of what Geraldo's first mission would be if he chose to accept the deal, the biggest word the man picked up was public. Geraldo looked at Jenny, as though seeking advice. She gave him a simple nod. It was enough for him. He stood and said, "I'll take on this mission, see if you are who you truly say you are. If I find out that you are using me for any malicious purpose though, I will be back and I won't simply put up with your control of the dialogue. I only have one problem. This is something that I simply cannot allow The Shimmer to be seen doing. The ramifications of kidnapping on my status would be horrible."

"I understand, which is where he comes in." William said as a breeze flowed out of the fireplace, and Zephyr stepped out of the breeze. "Aww, did The Sparkles miss me?" Zephyr asked with a cocky smile.

Lonely Spirit

User Image

“ I can't see why you wouldn't crave to cause an explosion when it was just growing, begging to be released from its prison... I couldn't help it. I had to watch the molecules of air and gases ripping each other apart as they vie for what little space there is; it was so... awe-inspiring.”

Thoughts: I need to return this.

{T}
he sunlight glittered off the metallic surface leaving many white speckles on the wall. The design left by the many faceted band amused Philip as he held the watch in the sun at the end of the alleyway. He thought back to when he had first met its rightful owner. They had been playing a wonderful game, but Elektro had taken it too far. Philip was still upset about the bubble he had been trapped in. Philip would have to have a conversation with his friend about leaving people trapped in bubbles and leaving. With that thought, Philip put on the watch so as not to lose it and stepped out of the alley.

{T}aking the first step to find his friend, Philip picked up a rather strange signal in the air. It was the same as the code that Elektro’s communicator had been running off of, but it was different. It appeared that the Challengers had a leak and were resetting the signal to try and block them off their signal. That would be something to look into after he had finished with everything else he wanted to accomplish right now.

{P}hilip began to walk aimlessly, thinking about how to find his friend. He could make a bit of trouble, but that might call out the behemoth again. He could simply ask for Electro over the communicators but he didn’t want to talk to any other Challenger… well, maybe his little mouse, Elani. He could just follow the signal, but he wasn’t sure which of the several Challengers’ signals to follow. Philip reached out with his senses, trying to cut down the number of possibilities. After examining the several options, two particular signals felt promising. These two carried the Challenger’s code, but they also carried so much more. They were both just so much more complicated than just an encoded transmission. Philip could narrow it no more than that so he picked one of the two at random and began walking towards its source.

{A}fter some time, Philip found his way into a park. It seemed a very strange haunt for his technopath friend, but the electrokinetic had to investigate. He made his way through the park, looking at all his fellow patrons. He found it intriguing the way that humans recovered from tragedy. Homes had burned, workers had been taken hostage, many people had died, and yet, people still walked freely through the greenery, just enjoying being alive.

{W}hen Philip had finally made it nearly across the park, he felt he was finally closing in on the signal. As he got closer and closer, his pace picked up more and more as his anticipation rose. He wasn’t sure who he would actually find at the end of the rainbow, but he could barely stand the excitement anymore. Philip had to know who he had found.

Sanokun711
User Image

J U N I O R xxx W H I T F I E L D

"Elektro"

Jr was sitting on the bench, the sunlight hitting him in the face, the warmth of the light felt nice, it easily distracted him from the road block of trying to find the watch that was stolen from him which meant so much to him. "What am I going to do.." he mumbled to himself while pulling his cellphone out, no new notifications. He leaned back into the park bench trying to think of solutions. He knew one thing though, the chances of running into Surge was climbing higher and higher, it brought chills down his spine knowing full well that the maniac called him his 'friend'. After all he had standards on friendships, and clearly a psychopath with no remorse for harming others didn't make the cut.

Jr sat stretching his legs, still completely unaware of just how close that psychopath was in honing in on his current location. What would happen if the paths were crossed? Another fight perhaps? Jr quickly stood up off the bench and stretched and dusted himself off but something felt very unsettling, something he felt before at the Halloween party. He could feel it, the stare of an enemy. Jr stood still frozen, his heartbeat starting to pick up speed. Turning his head very hesitantly he saw him, it was Surge. He knew what that meant, his throat tightened and he felt nervous, was this round 2? He had such little tech, nor did he even have his uniform on him. He opened his mouth trying to say something but nothing came out, he did notice something other than the fear, the watch. 'Of course.. it would be with him..thinking. He quickly refocused his attention back to the maniac and away from the watch while taking a deep breathe trying to rid himself of this fear. "Well this must be a coincidence.." he said to Philip. Listening to the mad man rant or explain wasn't even what he wanted to hear right now. He had a real concern which was the watch.

"You shouldn't really steal from people, you might steal something from someone who doesn't appreciate thieves." he said while his eyes motioned to the watch. It was weird, how come Surge wasn't attacking? Did he forget the little cage he got put in? Hopefully.. Jr hesitated a little keeping a safe distance, while he analyzed Philips next move. If anything, he might be able to subdue him long enough to retrieve the watch and book it to a safer location.

"Located:Park with Surge(Philip)Mood:Nervous, but focused..Thoughts:Plan S for Surge...

Orojed13

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Shortly after JC left to follow Sheera, Kayleb headed upstairs to his room and as soon as he touched the bed, sleep took him. After what hardly seemed like more than a minute, his communicator buzzed out a signal from JC. “This is a general sound to all Challengers. Code Red, Orchid has been kidnapped. Repeat, Orchid has been kidnapped.” Instantly, any weariness he was experiencing vanished as worried panic flushed through his system. He was up and out of bed in seconds and pulling on his costume in a mad rush. Just as he was getting his boots on, Celeste appeared at his door informing him of the situation and telling him to meet her downstairs. Kayleb just gave a nod as he finished getting his boots on. Then, after quickly grabbing his bow and arrows, he headed downstairs.

Tina, still awake with worry for Amanda, was laying on her bed watching squirtle slowly chase after a leaf that was being pulled around by a small bit of water. The water stopped pulling the leaf away from the turtle when JC’s call came through the comms. A moment of annoyance ran through Tina as she pushed herself up and picked up the turtle who had finally caught his treat. “Sorry little guy, miss ‘has to do things alone’ got herself abducted.” She said as he placed the content turtle into his massive tank before she moved away and started getting dressed once more. She was just pulling her shirt on when Celeste entered her room momentarily to tell her what she already heard. “I’m aware.” She said as she pulled her shirt down over herself. Celeste was already off, heading down the hall towards Amanda’s room. “Don’t bother Amanda, she’s had too much today.” Tina called after Celeste while she sat on the edge of her bed to slip her boots on. Once ready, Tina headed downstairs and met up with the panicked Kayleb. “We’ll find her bird boy, stop panicking.” She said as she clapped him on the shoulder.

Kayleb tried to give a small smile to Tina as she tried to get him to calm down, but he was still just as worried. Aria would not have been taken easily and whoever took her must have had a purpose besides just kidnaping a vigilante. She could be dead for all they knew… He was distracted from the darkening thoughts as a strange but familiar voice cut it’s way into their comms. Confused, Kayleb looked to Tina, who suddenly looked a lot more pissed off than just moments before. “Do you know-“ He was asking just as Celeste turned up and took their hands to port them away.

They appeared downtown, just across from Drift and the Hawk. They all stood there, quietly and worriedly waiting until the co-ordinates came in. Lux took Drift and the Hawk to the location, leaving Kayleb and Tina to follow. They both took the skies, Kayleb using his wings and Tina using water pulled from nearby pipes. Just as they left street level, the strangers voice came over the comms again and Tina tensed in hardly contained rage. Kayleb didn’t notice, he was too worried about Aria to realize Tina was fuming.

They arrived at the location just as JC was dropping flares at Celeste’s feet so she could get a boost of energy. “Do you see anything?” Kayleb’s voice drifted towards Darren laced with barely contained panic and worry. He missed Celeste asking about what they were to do next, he was too focused on vainly looking around himself at the area while waiting for Darren to find something.

Nothing was found beyond the lingering scent of Aria and whomever had taken her but it gave them to clues to base their search off of. So, with no new information, Kayleb and Tina were sent to Canvas the area. The two of them were off in an instant, both heading in the direction Aria was assumedly taken if they took into account the general path the teleporter seemed to have been taking.

Locations: Canvasing the City

OoC: Sorry it's pretty shite

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas