Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
User Image

Sin could almost feel the other's gaze on him, well that made sense. Gauging whether he was a threat or not, after all Sin's eyes flickered over this "Mercury's" form as well. Interesting, very interesting indeed. He couldn't smell a bit of trepidation, not a single smidgen of fear from him. Behind his mask, Sin smirked coldly. Oh, how he was going to get rid of this little problem? It looked like his adversary had a bit of a mouth. Dear heavens, he ought to run right back to Korea, because someone confronted him about the nature of his job. "My mother is quite complacent with my career actually, her little boy is a fairly big wheel in a very large company after all." He shifted his stance slightly, preparing for the eventual attack. He made a small humming sound, as if thinking about Mercury's question "Honestly, all of it is printed on pure cotton fiber. After all, that's what all Euros are made of." Sin shrugged innocently, as if he didn't understand the question.

Sin knew what was going to happen a second before it did, Bruce's nerves had been tightly wound all morning, and suddenly, his heart accelerated. People who are scared do stupid things, and this was not a time where he could tolerate something like that. Sin actually opened his mouth to warn Bruce, but it was too late.

The metallic scent of blood hit his nose, and Sin narrowed his eyes as those bright red drops immediately began to flow, and even drip onto the floor. Bruce screwed up his face, but to his credit didn't scream, nor cuss. Lowe on the other hand was showing just how well he knew the English language, and for a second, looked like he was considering opening fire on Mercury but Sin's voice cut in, cold with disappointment. "You heard him. Get out of here. Francis and I will catch a ride home with someone else." Sin watched as his men quickly made an exit. Without a doubt Richard would speed them both to somewhere safe, and Francis would make the necessary arrangements for both of them as well. Sin turned his head sharply to one side, cracking his neck. "Well then Mercury, let's talk." He paused for a moment, trying to figure out the clearest way to convey what he wanted to. "You have invaded my privacy, and have attempted to drain my funds. I hope you don't think that we can 'work this out' without me separating a few choice pieces of your anatomy from the rest of your body." As he spoke, he reached into his pocket and drew out his stiletto, letting the blade spring free. It still had the faint traces of the man who was guarding the back door. Sin began to slowly walk sideways, trying to figure out the best way to approach and attack.

As the second thug came over and grabbed the larger man, a look of trepidation of getting that close on his face, Mercury stared down his true opponent, no notice of the pair any longer. When Sin mentioned getting a ride for him and Francis, Mercury replied in his distorted bassy voice, "Francis, huh? I would very much like to meet this Francis. Maybe I can get the big guy some company in the hospital." As Sin tried to intimidate Mercury by cracking his neck aggressively, the robber watched Sin's disappointment at the two hired hands. He then went on to threaten Mercury with dismemberment in the classiest way he had ever heard the threat conveyed. He then drew a long thin knife; Mercury tilted his head, displaying mock confusion, as he said, "Firstly, how are you going to separate choice pieces of my anatomy with a knife that small?" To emphasis his point, he put the knife away and drew his two hooked blades and continued, "With these you could probably manage. How about I give you an alternative as you seem so confused with your's? I will give you one chance to save your precious currency. If you turn and walk away right now, leave London, and never even think of coming back I'll stop what I'm doing right now."

Sin audibly snorted. "Somehow, I don't think Francis would like to meet you until you require a toe-tag." He almost absentmindedly began to play with his knife single-handedly as Mercury expressed his doubt that he could damage him with such a weapon. "It's worked out fine for me so far, at least I know I'm not compensating for something." He pointed at the various weapons strapped on Mercury's body. Rather than gracing his offer with an answer, Sin instead, stopped in his tracks and tilted his head at the other, mocking the gesture he had made earlier. Then, at an inhuman speed, Sin closed the distance between both he and his opponent, and his fist and Mercury's face.

Mercury was sure that Sin wouldn't take the smart option; no one like this man ever did. They thought themselves unbeatable, invincible to anyone. That overconfidence made them underestimate who they dealt with. When Sin rushed forward, he was much faster than Mercury thought a man that big would be. As the fist collided with the side of his face, he felt as though a rhino had collided with him. His body flew back, slowing just a bit before colliding with the wall, almost as though a cushion had tried to stop the impact. A thud sounded as the two solids met, but when Mercury fell, he landed on his feet. He brushed his face with the back of his hand, helping to dispel the birds from the last collision, and said, "That was your free hit. Don't expect it to happen again." Mercury couldn't match that power, but speed was what he was good at. Taking a defensive stance, his left sword guarding high and his right ready to strike out at body height, he prepared for the next attack.

Sin smiled slightly as he heard the sound of the body of his foe hit the wall. Fewer things were more satisfactory. He shook his hand that had just applied quite a bit of force to a relatively hard object, if he wasn't careful, he was going to break a knuckle. Best to start using the knife. "Hm. Taijutsu? No, not quite. Interesting. Someone's worked hard eh?" Sin was many things, but patient was not always one of them. The way Mercury was reacting to his strike made him uneasy, most people were far more stunned after getting slammed into a wall, and fewer managed to remain on their feet. He was going to have to watch himself, make sure he didn't screw up too badly. After all, how would it look if he had to cancel his date later with the lovely lady he had been courting? A bruise or two he could make an excuse for, a lost hand was not. He shifted his weight forward onto his toes as he pressed the palm if his hand to the back of his knife handle. Again, he darted forward, this time with the intent of driving his blade into Mercury. Although he didn't want to admit it, his knife was certainly made more for making holes in people, rather than lopping off limbs.

When Sin guessed at Mercury's style he responded, "This is actually my own blend of moves that I have found to be effective. I don't like to limit myself to one style and miss out on more possibilities to defend myself." After that, Sin seemed to be taking a moment to make a decision. As his weight shifted and the knife moved, Mercury was ready. At the last moment before he was struck, the masked man leaned his weight to the side, sliding around the gangster's charge allowing him to drive his knife deep into the wall that Mercury had just recently collided with. As Sin pulled his weapon from the wall far easier than any human should, Mercury swung his arm around, trying to bring his left hand's sword hilt into the back of Sin's neck.

Sin bit back a curse as Mercury dodged him, and his knife sunk into the wall, barely managing to skid to a stop before he collided with it himself. The man was fast, he'd give him that. Much faster than he was used to dealing with. He yanked his knife free from the wall, luckily without breaking it, and was unable to completely block the blow to the back of his neck. Just barely, he was able to twist his neck so it only clipped him, but that was going to bruise. Not willing to let himself be a sitting duck, he thrust his elbow straight at Mercury's gut in response. He'd rather lose an arm rather than his head.

Sin had twisted out of the way of the brunt of Mercury's hilt. In response for the partially missed blow, an elbow came back towards him. Mercury leaned back in a back-handspring, the elbow barely missing the tip of his nose. He flipped back a few more times to insure there was distance between him and Sin. Mercury looked at the clock and said to the Korean gangster, "If you want to save your money, you're going to have to hurry up. The clock is ticking and the cops are coming."

Sin straightened himself up, highly disappointed that Mercury was proving to be much like his elemental name, rather slippery. That first punch had been incredibly satisfying, but now it looked like he wasn't about to get another strike in without seriously taking his opponent by surprise. His eyes were locked on the masked man from behind his mirrored goggles as he, almost absentmindedly, brushed a bit of grime from his shoulder."Why should I hurry up? No offense, but you are kind of the criminal here. Do you have any hard evidence that I've done anything wrong but help run a new branch of an entertainment company? Well, besides taking out your men." You could almost hear him raise his eyebrows mockingly. "Meanwhile, you are clearly the ring-leader of a group of bank robbers, and have at least one account of identity theft, and impersonation. I'm not entirely firm on British law, but I think this classifies me as a very violent vigilante, and you a criminal." Sin shrugged exaggeratedly "So really, shouldn't you be the one leaving?" After all, it did not seem that he had managed to access his money physically, and after something like this, his money would likely only be locked up tighter.

Mercury had been sure he would have to continue to stall for time, but the man in front of him did it all for him; he loved when a plan fell together just perfectly. Right as Sin finished his monologue the sound of a series of controlled explosives were audible from the vault, followed quickly by the sound of something very heavy falling and crashing to the ground several feet below. Mercury smiled underneath his mask as Sin's face twisted into an angry snarl. Just as he looked to be about to recover, the sound of gunfire and screams could be heard from the bank manager's office. A spike of fear came from the room, but as the thud of a body dropping to the floor was heard, the room was filled with relief as the hostages disappeared one by one. Finally, Mercury said, "The people of London thank you for your generous donation. We've left you enough to crawl home and try your luck again there." As the masked man finished speaking, the overly large fan clicked on, sending the giant stacks of paper everywhere. In the blinding white, the sound of a fire exit being opened could be heard. As it clicked shut, the vault alarms blared on, finally registering the break-in.

Sin stilled as he heard (and felt) the rumblings beneath his feet. That was not a good sound. His face twisted into a snarl as he realized that he had been led into a trap. And that a great deal of cash that was rightfully his was now in someone else's mitts. Well, they could have fun trying to get home in a van with the window shield and tires blown to bits thanks to Francis, maybe the engine had been damaged as well if he had been a good as a shot as he had claimed this morning on the phone, and again on the way over here. His eyes darted in the direction of where the hostages were being kept, his muscles briefly coiling as he anticipated someone marching out and attempting to shoot him, but only grew more alarmed as people stated to disappear. Literally. One second, they were there, their hearts pounding away in terror, the next, they were gone. He could even sense relief as they were spirited away by something, or someone. Well, the game was over now. For today at least. Yes, he could try and engage Mercury again, but indeed the cops were coming. And they would be more than happy to lock up anyone wearing a mask with a weapon on them in a bank. He could almost feel his blood boiling as Mercury stood there, smugness radiating off of him, then of all thingg, a massive fan hummed to life, causing the beginning of a blizzard of paper work to lift into the air. Any chance of a fight going down now was ruined thanks to the lack of visibility.

So, Sin did the only thing he could and pulled his phone out of his pocket, flipped it open, and snapped a partial picture of the masked man that had utterly ruined his morning before the paper fully engulfed his newest target. "You forget I'm not without allies. And seriously, money is no object; it's that you decided to touch it." He tilted his head as he registered the sound of his ride getting here, Francis was able to get friends to come over much quicker than he thought. For a parting statement, Sin spat out, "575k. I'll enjoy having your head on a plate soon." Even if he couldn't see him now, without a doubt, he could hear him. He then let his legs carry him out the front door, to the heavy black BMW with heavily tinted windows that had just pulled up. Brushing off a partially filled out tax form from his chest where it had decided to stick to him, Sin opened the passenger’s side door, and the heady smell of cigars wafted out. "Thanks for the ride Javier." Almost leisurely, the car drove off, as to not attract any attention. Because nothing said discreet like a car barreling down the road from the direction of a robbery.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User ImageUser Image

Location: HomexxCompany: JuliaxxMood: RelaxedxxOutfit: Casual Date

As she put her journal away, Julia said, "Wow, Chi, that's amazing. I wish I could draw like that. That dress was magnificent. Maybe you'll even be able to wear it one day." Chiara smiled a little shyly, happy that someone thought her work was 'amazing'. It was the first time she'd ever allowed anyone to see the contents of her journal.

"Thank you, Julia," she said. "I'm sure you could probably learn to draw really well; it took me years of practice to be able to produce that level of work. But as for the dress... I don't think it'll ever be a reality. I don't know any seamstresses talented enough to do something like that and I doubt I'll be going to any awards ceremonies any time soon; I don't intend on getting back into the spot light with a big company again."

There was no way she was going to go back to work for Montoro Inc. or anyone else for that matter. If her work with the forever-bloom plants worked out... She'd patent it and then sell it to the highest bidder. She was petty though, so it would probably be the next highest buyer, as the highest bidder would likely be Montoro Inc and she didn't want to sell to them.

The red head almost spit out her drink when she heard Julia tell the waiter "Thahnk yeh very much." She'd never heard anything so unnatural before and it was hilarious. Chiara covered her mouth with her hand while she attempted to get her giggles under control without spitting coffee all over the place. Julia hid her face behind her hair, taking a sip of her drink. It took a minute but the red-head finally managed to swallow her mouthful of coffee and take a breath. That had been too precious. When Chiara spoke again, questioning the blonds punctuality, Julia's face reappeared from behind her curtain of hair.

"Oh, good gracious... Yes," she began, pulling her hair around to hang over her shoulder; Chiara followed the motions, eyes lingering on the blond locks. She wondered what she'd look like as a blond... The image conjured up was one she quickly pushed away. Red hair was just fine, thank you very much. "I worked so late last night; I wasn't sure I was even going to get home in time to get any sleep. Then, I kept forgetting stuff. I nearly walked out the door looking like Marge from the Simpsons. Minus the blue hair and yellow skin, of course," giggled Julia. Chiara wasn't sure she understood the reference but she smiled anyways, taking a sip of her latte as she did so.

"So, how did your morning routine go?" asked Julia, taking another sip of her own drink. When she set the cup down, there was a whipped cream mustache lining her upper lip. Chiara smiled and shook her head, picking up a napkin and reaching across the table to stick it to her friends upper lip, where it stayed. "It went fine," said the red-head, continuing as though she hadn't just stuck a napkin to the upper lip of a grown woman. "I didn't get a lot of sleep actually-" Or any, rather. "I was up all night trying to perfect a project. I was really only home long enough to shower and make myself look presentable." She took a sip of her coffee.

"For some reason, people frown upon smelling like soil when you go out in public." This was accompanied by a little smile, to show that she was joking, even though it was true. But Chiara usually only smelled of soil when she'd been in her lab for days on end and a shower usually fixed that; now she smelled like flowers. Like roses, to be specific. "So, what are your plans for the rest of the day?" Because, after all, they wouldn't be sitting in the cafe the whole day.

(( Ooc: ))

Roskuel

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image

The last two weeks had been interesting for the Challengers of Detroit and Los Angeles. Both of those cities were calming down quite nicely, but they knew things were heating up in London. Manny was acting as a London Challenger, but still operating out of Detroit, so Shaundi's team was a man down; they still easily had things covered. She spoke with her LA counterpart and JC quite a bit, and JC enlisted their help with some of the problems in London. Shaundi was in working in London, investigating things behind the scenes as nobody knew her there, while James had his people studying crime patterns in the British Isles, leaving the main team open to focus on London itself.

Shaundi was keeping a low profile as she didn't even want the London team to know she was in place. JC had asked for their help keeping an eye on things, but she neglected to tell even him of what she was doing. James had no problem working off of the data of others, but Shaundi liked to see things with her own eyes. And what she saw... well, none of it seemed odd, other than most of the crime tended to drop predictably when the Challengers moved in. Something was having an effect, but she could not tell what it was. Yet. She could not tell what it was yet, because Shaundi was stubborn and determined enough that when she put her mind to something, she would get it. It was simply a matter of time.

In the meantime, James finally caught a pattern, hard to make out as there was no central reporting agency for fires. He'd had to have his people comb through a lot of reports before they found something terrifying: a serial arsonist making a ring around the city of London. Judging by the pattern, today it was going to move into the spotlight of London itself. He reported this to Shaundi, who told him to report it to the London team, and not to tell she was in town.

As it was, she felt something else needed her attention, and that was Aria. The two had become friends in Detroit, and Shaundi could tell that Aria was not ina right state of mind these days. So, she devised a plan, silently following Aria until the redhead parked on a rooftop to train. Shaundi snuck in, ending up right next to Aria as she began to meditate. "Well good morning sunshine!" she called out, hoping to get a surprise. Boy did she, aria nearly knocked over her coffee, and looked angry for a moment before she saw who it was.

"That was the plan. As for why I'm here, I know I've got business, but you need me more. You need an outlet that doesn't give you stanky alcohol breath, no offense." Shaundi noted bluntly. She was not known to dance around most topics. "So, I've come to kidnap you. We're going to go have some fun, whether you like it or not." She smiled brightly. Aria's mind appeared to be racing, and Shaundi couldn't blame her. "Trust me, you're going to enjoy yourself. It's a lot less depressing than drinking coffee alone on a rooftop. Let's go fireball." she added, using a pet name for Aria. Shaundi was fond of nicknames, a habit she picked up from some of the other Challengers.

Shaundi elongated her arm and wrapped around Aria, before grabbing the edge of the roof and lowering them both down to street level. "Now, I am not going to tell you where we are going, but just trust me." She said as she let Aria go on the ground. One of the Challengers' vehicles would have been perfect, but she was trying to be hidden, so Shaundi rented a car. It was nothing flashy, but it was a reasonably priced car: a Chevrolet Lacetti. Most importantly, it was an automatic so Shaundi could drive it. Manuals weren't her thing.

She made her way to the base, where she had told Kayleb to be outside Crest Hallow; she neglected to tell him exactly why either, though she did tell him to dress for training. Aria was already dressed for that, so Shaundi didn't say a word about it. They picked him up, big smile on Shaundi's face because this was going to be fun.

The Detroit leader turned on the radio and drove out of the city centre, heading to the outskirts. Every time either one asked where they were going, Shaundi would just shake her head and smile; it was a surprise. Eventually, they were in a line of other cars, and parked in a field. Everyone was dressed in workout clothes or hero costumes, something Aria and Kayleb doubtlessly noticed. "Alright, I'll tell you: welcome to the first annual Challengers Obstacle race. Five miles, 22 obstacles, to see if you have the hero stuff." Shaundi said, unable to keep herself from laughing. "No powers, just a good old fashioned tire you out event." she added with a grin. “And we are entered together as a team.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
User Image

Manny was a hard worker. Those who knew him best would likely describe him as a joker, but a hardworking joker who could deliver. Sure, he might crack a joke, but he'd do it while getting a job done. It was part of the reason he was loaned to the London branch of The Challengers, aside from his ability. He'd worked well with the team over the last few weeks, though he didn't sleep at the London base if he could avoid it. After all, he had quite a decent place in Detroit, and saw no reason to change it. With his abilities, he really could stay anywhere no problem. Some day he might look into a beach house, or some exotic locale.

Some day.

It was not some day yet, it was today, and today he was once again working. Specifically, he'd take the late night to morning patrol shift, and was nearing the end of his shift. He rarely patrolled with someone else because the simple fact was that others couldn't keep up with him. One of the few was Helga back from Detroit, thanks to her super speed. A few objections had been raised, but he plowed through them. His communicator had a built in monitoring system, and if it detected a dramatic change in vitals, or even was turned off, an alert would go back to base; he was safe.

His night had been relatively uneventful, but fate seemed to decide to make the end of his shift a bit more memorable. An alert was sent to him about a bank robbery, so he sent the message that he was handling back it to the base. This way nobody else would have to be deployed. He watched the scene from across the street for a bit, before coordinating with the police that were on their way. They ended up handing him a thermal camera, which he used to scan the bank and see exactly where he needed to go, and what he was dealing with.

A standoff seemed to be occurring, but what concerned him was what appeared to be hostages. Sure enough, the main figures focused on each other, while the rest stayed huddled in one room...yep, hostages. The thermal camera was set down, and Manny rolled his neck; this was going to take some skilled, precise, and very fast teleporting. If he went for all of the hostages at one time, he would pass out and likely mess up. Taking too long would result in someone seeing and then hostages would die. Speed, speed and precision. He blinked out of sight.

Inside the manager's office, a thug saw him appear and fired his gun; Manny disappeared, reappearing above the man and kicking him hard in the head. The thug dropped to the ground, unconscious. That done, he set about hostage rescuing.

Just over a second later, he was on the rooftop with the hostages. They were all bewildered, looking around and panicking, while he was on one knee, trying to steady himself. “Keep quiet, we aren't out of this yet.” he shot to the hostages, who took the hint and clammed up. They were only across the street after all. Yes, they were also up on a rooftop, but it was still close enough that things could go bad. For now, they were going to sit in place. Once the cops arrived, he could hand the hostages over.

By pure luck, he was not on the same rooftop as Sin's sniper, but on a lower rooftop so Manny was unaware of the danger. The only thing that kept him and the hostages alive was the likelihood that they were not against Sin. Otherwise, Manny would be a bit more... holesome.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image
Jenny Walker

Jenny was clicking away on her computer, eyes flying over the pair of monitors in front of her. One was a map, which had several glowing dots on it, while the other was a stream of data. The set up was quite good, and was a gift from Rotor for her good work. He likely didn't know she would be so quick to use it for other business, but it was really his fault for the contract he and Jack had with her. She was on call to do work for the pair of thieves, but she was not stopped from doing other jobs. Professional courtesy would keep her from hurting their interests, and she would prioritize for them, but for now... well, she had a job to do.

“Echo three, come in.” she said into a headset.... only static greeted her, so she clicked away on the screen, and one of the dots disappeared. “I told them, better training or manpower...” she shook her head after muting her mic for a moment. She tried not to criticize the jobs she was tasked with, but sometimes she had to vent, even if just to herself. Rotor was off on a job, Jack was... she wasn't entirely sure where he was, but the point was the flat was empty at the moment.

“3...2...1. We are go. ETA is 2 minutes, move quick.” she said over the mic after glancing at the data stream. “Repeat, cops in less than 2 minutes now. Move or fight, your choice Mercury. Also, Challenger is on scene, cops don't have more info than that.” she added. It would have been extremely helpful to be on site for this, or to have sattelite feed, but Mercury had been specific when he contracted her. Likely, he wanted her in the dark as much as possible about the job, but Jenny was far from stupid. Hitting a specific bank like this meant a grudge against the owner, or a client... though the owner was more likely.

She did not dig any further into the bank, as she did not want to know who was the target. Insurance existed for such things, and if she stayed this removed, she would be able to avoid the cross-hairs. Rotor had taught her the value in staying hidden in plain sight when doing things like this. Being public meant a target, and she liked to avoid that. The best criminals had a reputation but kept their face and real identity hidden. Unless the Challengers had taken her picture, she was not in many databases, at least not by her real name. So far, her least favorite nickname was 'The Fixer', but it landed her jobs, so she went with it.

“One minute. Three cars, more incoming. They are traveling down Kingsford to reach you, heading south.” she updated. Next time, she would refuse overwatch duty where she was stuck behind a computer like this.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

{W}hen Zephyr changed into wind and moved up next to The Shimmer, he took note of the speed of the aerokinetic's speed. The speed of the man's wind would be most impressive to anyone else, but, to one that could move at the speed of light, he may as well have been outraced by a snail. Zephyr's comment that he couldn't be threatened by the light's knight, The Shimmer guffawed and touched his enemy's side. They both changed into particles of light and were instantaneously moved to the top of the warehouse; the light-wielder smiled as he safely teleported back to the ground and crossed his arms, waiting for the inevitable response.

Zephyr was wondering what it would take to make The Shimmer snap and attack, which was the entire reason he was here after all. Zephyr may have been a cocky jackass, but everything he did had a purpose. Plus, nobody laid down that many insults without expecting a fight. Sure enough, he had been pulled up and dropped, which was useless against someone who could meld with the wind. The wind user didn't step into the wind, however, he gathered it around himself and launched down at Geraldo, very quickly becoming a tornado. As they were in a warehouse, he had lots of options for shrapnel, but he could grab those later. For now, he slammed down at Geraldo like a wrecking ball.

{A}lready, the time to show off his new moves had come. The man had surprised him by gathering wind instead of simply using it to safely land, but the biggest shock had to be his sudden kamakazi dive. The Shimmer reacted quickly though, touching the ground. A small pinpoint of floor and, invisible to those in the steel mill, a patch of concrete below the floor began to glow. Quicker than the eye could blink, it had formed around a semisphere in the direction of the diving tornado, becoming solid concrete again.

The tornado slammed ferociously into the shield, spreading out from the point of impact. As quickly as it spread out though, it reformed, this time pulling some of the loose metal tools with it. The wind gathered into a rather large twister, which than oddly broke into two tornados, both of which began to swirl towards Geraldo, bearing down on the man. In and of themselves, they would not hurt much, but with their metallic shrapnel, they had the potential to be quite painful. "Come on now, a shield? Are you just rusty?" Zephyr asked, appearing out of the air behind Geraldo. It appeared he was not actually a part of his attack tornadoes... for now.

{A}s the wind crashed into his shield and broke into two swirling tornadoes, The Shimmer chuckled. Even as they began to pick up metal shrapnel and Zephyr arrived behind him, he couldn't help it. When Zephyr asked if he was rusty, The Shimmer responded, "I actually think you're the one who stinks; I mean, look who's breaking wind." With a touch to the concrete shield, the semistone burst into light particles that flew back towards Zephyr as The Shimmer twirled around, disappearing and reappearing at a safe distance back from the tornadoes.

Breaking wind? Really? A fart joke? After the banter they had before, Zephyr was slightly disappointed to see it devolve to a fart joke. His attack was countered, but that was quickly being established as par for the course for this fight; big attack, counter, counter to the counter, so on. Not one to break tradition, The Shimmer countered by turning his shield into light and sending it at Zephyr. Zephyr stepped back into the wind, and decided to have a different sort of fun. He grabbed all of the air in the room and forced it away from them, leaving Geraldo to start choking. Zephyr didn't expect it to be an end to the fight, but he was curious as to how Geraldo would respond. The pressure difference was difficult as hell to contain, but it was worth it. Everything within the air began to be pushed down by the pressure, while the windows threatened to blow out. Geraldo's eardrums were likely going to feel like they were going to explode out of his head by this point.

{T}he Shimmer watched from the otherside of the tornadoes as Zephyr disappeared into the wind again. He waited for whatever was to come, but the rushing of all the air in the room to the outskirts of the steel mill again took him by surprise. Zephyr was quickly becoming more than just a pain in his side, but his ear drums were the first thing to tell him that he didn't have time to think about that. He immediately changed into the light and disappeared down his pin hole into the small hole, waiting out the aerokinetic. He knew that the man had to be using an extreme amount of energy right now, and he had more than a few minutes of breath in here.

Zephyr let the air to the room when he saw Geraldo disappear into the light. "Aw, I left you breathless and you just had to run from me. It is cute, this crush, but I'm afraid I'm taken, Sunshine. Sorry, The Sunshine." he said with a chuckle.

{W}hen the air stopped leaking out of the pinpoint sized tunnel from his safe area to the steel mill and Zephyr called out to him, The Shimmer knew it was time. Touching the side of the wall, the ground began to spiderweb light all across the warehouse. As Zephyr chuckled, The Shimmer joined the light and it exploded upwards. By the time it hit the ceiling, it would turn back into bits of concrete dust floating back to the ground and The Shimmer would be seeen standing in the middle of the warehouse.

As the light exploded, Zephyr stepped back into the wind to avoid the pain coming his way. It was lucky he did so, as it seemed to affect a large portion of the warehouse... the proper owner of this place was going to be pissed when he saw the damages. Oh well, it was some bank or finance group or whatever, hardly an innocent victim. "Oh look, he's angry!" Zephyr's voice carried from the wind as it lazily swirld around Shimmer. "Can you keep this up? Feeling invincible?" he asked, punctuating his words by blowing wind from different directions at Geraldo's face. Really, it had to be irritating to have your opponent essentially blowing on your ear at one point during your fight. Apparently bored with this, Zephyr stepped back out of the wind and delivered one hell of a haymaker at Geraldo; now was time for a more physical fight. His punch was amplified by the wind, and the wind would explode outward upon contact. This would create a minature sonic boom, only adding to the drama.

{T}he Shimmer stood and looked at the floor; cracks webbed across the entire steel mill. It would be expensive to clean up, andhe made a mental note to send some money to cover the damages. He then felt more than heard Zephyr's taunt. It nagged him to no end as he said, "Obviously you seem to think I am. Why won't you come out and fight me like a man, or is Poorman just too scared?" The question was answered immediately as Zephyr appeared directly in front of him, his arm coming around in one of the clumsiest, but powerful, punches he'd scene in a while. He reached his arm out and touched the aerokinetic's wrist just before the fist contacted him, and Zephyr disappeared in a flash of light, reappearing facing a wall. When the fist collided with the wall, The Shimmer was glad he hadn't jus taken it to prove how powerful he was when the wind released a large crash, sending debris flying. It was then that he noticed the small particles of light lazily dirifting away from his finger.

"By your own rules, it is The Poorman. Or Zephyr. Take your pick though." Zephyr quipped as he turned back from the wall. The force of his sonic boom had been diverted safely around him, a mistake he had learned long ago and was not going to make again. "But pick quickly. I know you're feeling the strain... and aren't you the least bit curious about your little p***k Ben?" he added, smile dropping as he became all business. He hated this, but would do what he had to. "And how I know not only what happened, but was in juuuust the right spot? At juuuuust the right time?" he continued to taunt. "Before you go and teleport and kill yourself, you'll need this." he added, a needle materializing out of the air and nailing Geraldo in the neck. "More serum. Go home, talk, call me." he concluded, dropping a card in front of Geraldo out of the thin air. Without another word, he became one with the wind once more, this time flowing out of the warehouse, leaving Geraldo alone with his thoughts.

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User Image
User Image
Whereas the last two weeks had gone by excruciatingly slowly for the cities favorite heroes, Jack had been quite busy and they had flown by. Naturally he'd jumped right back into his 'job'; whether or not Sid was still wandering the city, he couldn't afford to just sit around and do nothing anymore. Aside from the fact it was driving him crazy, there was just too much going on to not take advantage of the lapse in security in the important places. Naturally there wasn't anything could top the theft of the Crown Jewels that he and Rotor had pulled off some months ago, all of which had sold for a very high price a while ago, but there were still plenty of things to steal that would cause a stir. And with everyone focusing on this whole revolution thing going on and the sudden appearance of a haven for the poor and homeless, now was the perfect time to strike. Several wealthy households had suddenly found themselves with quite a lot of their rare, expensive objects missing with no trace as to where they had gone. After so many years of thieving, Jack could pretty much lift anything he wanted without notice. It would take some very high tech sensors to catch him and even those would be worthless if he and Rotor were working on a job together. The items Jack stole were sold for high prices, far higher than they usually would've been if not for Jenny, which was saying something considering how much Jack could usually get for the things he stole. At least with Jenny around he didn't have to go through the arduous process of making himself look like a normal human for business transactions. Aside from working, though, Jack had also spent quite a lot of time with Celia. They'd been to a movie, he'd taken her out to dinner, and they'd gone ice-skating again... But not on a pond outdoors. Since Jack knew that Hana was now in London, he didn't want to risk her interrupting anything and so spent time before each date to be sure that the crazy blond wasn't around. He had to make sure that she didn't know he was checking for her though, because that had the potential to bring the full crazy out and make her think that he was looking for her to get back together again... And he definitely wasn't interested in that. He was interested in Celia. Just to make sure that Hana didn't ruin their next ice-skating trip... Jack took Celia to an indoor pool late one night after closing, icing over the water with a single touch of his foot, and it was illuminated by the pool lights underneath. They spent a few hours ice-skating in the peace and quiet of the pool, where small piles of snow drifted here and there. Celia seemed to have a great time ice-skating with him. Aside from the ice-skating, the movie, and the dinner date, they'd also watched the sun set from the roof of her apartment building and there had been a new rose waiting for Celia on her window sill every morning for the last two weeks; he went right by her place during his 'commute' anyways, so why not?

Today, Jack was picking Celia up for lunch but before he did that... He had a little work to do. Getting into Buckingham was the easy part; it wasn't difficult to sneak past the guards who weren't supposed to move and slip through a window on the top floor that had a simple lock on it. What he was after were things from the Royal collection and boy was there a lot to choose from. He'd known that it was a big collection but he'd never imagined the vast amount of rare items to steal. Naturally there were things he couldn't take, as they were too large and he didn't have the strength to take that stuff... Only stuff small enough to fit in a bag would be taken. After a bit of hunting, Jack finally located the items he wanted to take. These items included a Faberge cigarette case, Queen Charlotte's Lever Watch and Pedestal, a cameo of Emperor Claudius, and Queen Charlotte's Notebook. All of it was in great condition and would sell for a lot. Once Rotor wasn't so busy, he intended on coming back and cleaning the place out; hopefully it would be more of a challenge when that time came around. By then, the items he was taking today should have been noticed as missing and security increased. It was really only a lot of fun to steal things when there was a high chance that they could get caught. A woman did almost run into Jack while he was picking a lock but quick reflexes helped him get out of the way; thankfully she didn't notice the ice on the case, which was the product of his hands. Being extremely limber was helpful in this line of work and he had flipped himself up onto the case in a handstand to avoid getting bumped into. With the stolen loot secured in a bag, Jack left Buckingham palace with none the wiser to his having been there. All of it would be looked over by Jenny and then it would go on the market, so Rotor's place was his next stop. His friend would be out - he'd been very busy these last few months and wasn't home often - but Jenny would be there. The thieving duo weren't the only people she was working for, after all. The flight to the apartment was fast, as though it appeared that no one was out and about patrolling this morning - which was odd but he wasn't going to complain - and the only commotion appeared to be that of a bank robbery, which he stayed far away from. Where bank robbers were involved, there were guns, and he made a point to avoid those. He slipped in the window to Rotor's apartment and landed silently, flickering into visibility as he set the bag of stolen goods down. Jenny was typing away at her computer system, which Rotor had gotten her as a gift, and the ice-wielding thief was sure that she'd had a hand in the bank robbery that had just gone on downtown; nobody pulls off a bank robbery that fast without Challenger interference unless they've got help and Jenny was the best. She looked worried though, maybe even a little distracted, like there was something bothering her. "What's wrong Jen, you look like you've got something on your mind." He didn't know the blond as well as Rotor did but that wasn't going to stop him from asking her if there was something wrong and if he could help.

"I've been around for a long time. My name is Jack Frost. I love being on my own. No rules. No responsibility. It's as good as it sounds."

siris99
Silenced Nocturne
ooc: ugh, shite post. Sorry

Lonely Spirit

User Image
User Image

”Jean. I’ve met a woman. I didn’t think this was possible, but, I think I’m in love.” Geraldo Grant Green.

{T}he Shimmer’s first instinct was to defend the honor of his butler and friend from the insinuation Zephyr was making, but before a retort could be thought of, things began to click. This man he had never met before knew way too much about him gaining his powers back to simply be making lucky guesses. Also, hadn’t Ben sent him to this specific place at the exact time that Zephyr had appeared? The feeling that something stunk about this rose up again with a vengeance. He didn’t have time to think about it too much further before Zephyr summoned a needle that flew into his neck; the pain was only that of the needle’s p***k this time as though the serum had already done all the changes it needed to. A moment later, his body ceased its slow decomposition into light. The Shimmer looked at the card he had been left as Zephyr had disappeared.

{N}o. Geraldo trusted Ben with his life; he always had and his butler couldn’t have done anything to betray that. Ben had been like a father figure ever since his own parents had passed away. His friend just needed a chance to explain himself. Geraldo nodded to himself with a smile and was gone in a flash.

{G}eraldo appeared in his suite with his suit hanging on his arm. He looked and saw Ben sitting and reading a book with a large smile on his face; it only deepened Geraldo’s seed of doubt about the man. Ben looked up and saw Geraldo. He walked over to his employer and asked, “How did it go? Let me hang up your suit and you can tell me all about it, Sir.” The butler slid the costume from Geraldo’s arm as the rich man simply stood there, trying to decide where to start. As Ben finished hanging the costume, Geraldo finally found the words he needed and began, “Ben, this serum you gave me…” Ben cut Geraldo off with a cheerful voice, “It worked wonders. You can finally be The Shimmer again and spend your time fighting crime. How badly did you demolish Red-53?” Geraldo now knew Ben was trying to hide something; Ben never interrupted anyone that carried any kind of social standing above his own. Geraldo said, “He wasn’t there and you full well know it. I haven’t visited a doctor in at least a year, and every one I had visited said that I didn’t have any kind of disease that they could detect. Where did you get it? This Zephyr you sent after me had more, so you better get your story straight.”

{E}verything about Ben changed suddenly. He had been caught in his lie and his gears visibly turned, trying to find some way out of the inevitable fall out that was headed his way. After a few moments, Ben said, “I work for the O.W.C... I am on assignment to watch over you, protect you, and guide you. I am here to make sure everything in your life goes smoothly and perfectly so you can focus your energies on doing good things in the world. This morning, they called to tell me that they had finally found a cure for your disease. They told me that they needed The Shimmer back. We need you. I, as your closest friend, need you.” Ben held his hand out to shake. Geraldo’s face dropped as he took a step back; it looked as though every bit of the cheer he always felt had been violently ripped from him. He pulled himself together enough to say, You betrayed me. You have taken my trust and stomped upon it. I have spent my entire life thinking you were the most honest and integral man that this world had to offer. I spent my years fighting the monster that the world had bred, and always I thought I could come home and know that I could be myself with you. Now I find out you’re simply on an assignment to make my life easy?”Geraldo shook his head, “My parents trusted you too. I think it’s time for you to go; I need some time to think about thinks alone.”

{B}en’s entire body shifted again from desperate to stiff and sharp. His eyes narrowed and his subservient position disappeared as he stood tall and his chest puffed out. His posture could only be described as an angry toad puffing up to assert its dominance over all the lesser beings of his small pond. Ben said in a sharp tone, “Your parents? They knew who I truly worked for. It was only their misplaced love of you that made my job become undercover. You think so highly of your dead parents? Let me tell you something about your parents.”

Devoted Phantom

╠ ЈΔΣGΣℝ ╣

User Image

Will gazed, awestruck, at the calamitous mess of sand Darren had spread over the gym floor. It seemed impossible for a single punching bag to be so full. The sand was an inch deep at its' shallowest points, and flowed from trough to dune and back again, crafting a desert in miniature over the Challenger's training ground. He'd been embarrassed before Darren improvised a new floor, but now Will was curious. I've never fought in sand before... he mused. I'm heavy, too. Would the weight make it easier move, since I sink straight through? Or, because it's unsteady... He took a few halting, tentative steps, testing his weight on each limb before slowly shifting onto it. The sand grains slid beneath his feet as he moved, preventing him from committing entirely to each step, and slowing him significantly. But Will managed.

Both Jr and Elani seemed to want something from JC, but Will was too focused on keeping upright as he moved across the room to hear the minutia. If he were to be entirely truthful, both of his fellow rookies made him nervous. Jr's power levels far exceeded his own. While that wouldn't normally be an issue, he was equal parts machinery and human, molded together with systems functioning in perfect harmony. Jr could decimate that balance on a whim if he desire. And it didn't have to be deliberate, either--he was young, and Will was no stranger to the devastation an emotional metahuman could cause in the right situation. As for Elani...telepaths made him nervous, no matter who they were. He'd had enough people interfere with his thoughts already, he didn't need any more.

JC was occupied, so Will ambled shakily to Lux, who was staring, troubled, after Darren. He gave her a few moments to collect herself, then cleared his throat.

"Hey, Lux. I've been thinking...in pretty much every fight I've been in, I've battered my opponet into submission. And you know how well that goes." They both winced, recalling the moments after Jaeger's fight with Rotor, when Lux had met him bleeding and near-death due to mechanical malfunctions. "In any case, I've been wanting to practice against someone with a bit more...finesse. What do you say? Up for a little sparring on the wonderful arena Darren and I built?" He failed to stifle a self-deprecating chuckle, then paused sheepishly.

LOCATION:Challenger's Training Room WITH:JC, Celeste, Elani, Jr THOUGHTS: I'm in the mood for some practice.

Demonic_Werewolf94

siris99

Kaun_Angelfire

Sanokun711

Lonely Spirit

User Image User Image

”Jean. I’ve met a woman. I didn’t think this was possible, but, I think I’m in love.” Geraldo Grant Green.

{G}eraldo’s eyes narrowed as Ben began to speak of his parents. He could still feel the adrenaline from his “fight” with Zephyr, and the light in his veins begged to be released. It could tear this man apart in the blink of an eye and there would be nothing Ben could do to stop it. Geraldo took a deep breath, taking a mental step back. He had to mentally remind himself he was supposed to be a hero, and it was wrong to kill if it was possible to do otherwise. Instead of extinguishing the darkness in his traitorous butler’s heart, Geraldo said in a voice that could cut steel, “You had best be careful with your next words. I’m already debating on how I should end your traitorous life.”

{B}en looked at Geraldo, the buried hatred exposed in its entirety. It bothered Geraldo to see that kind of enmity from the man he had trusted entirely for so long. Ben spat out, “Be careful with my words? I’ve spent years being careful with my words. You have looked down on everyone else your entire life, and YOU are advising ME to be careful with my words? You’re an idiot just like your parents.” Geraldo took a step towards Ben, his hand beginning to raise, but was stopped in his tracks as Ben said, ”Don’t you want to know your parents’ secret? It’s something they never told you. They thought you were too weak to know. You see, your parents used to work for the O.W.C. just as I do now. They were scientist that were working on a very important project that would revolutionize mankind, but when you came about, they failed to do as they were supposed to and wasted all of that time and money; you are so much like your parents in that regard. Though, I keep saying parents, but that isn’t entirely accurate.”

{T}he rich man’s intense gaze faltered for a moment, showing confusion, but his anger only doubled the effects on his appearance as he said in a raised tone, “What do you mean by ‘not entirely accurate’?

{N}early skipping as he let out a sound of amusement, Ben clapped his hands together and said, ”So you don’t know after all. How wonderful this day is. Your supposed parents aren’t your parents at all. They brought you into the family and denied me my inheritance. I had been listed in their will for the longest time, but along you came and they instantly fell for your charms. You’ve always been so charming when you wanted to be, even as a pathetic child.”

{G}eraldo felt his patience wearing thin. He had went through enough insulting already this day. He disappeared in a flash, standing behind Ben in an instant, and the next instant, they were both on top of a bridge going over the Thames. Geraldo was holding Ben by his ankles over the side as he shouted, “You know super strength isn't on my list of powers and you aren’t exactly the lightest man in the world. Tell me whatever it is you’re keeping from me and I’ll think about not letting go. Do it now!”

{A}ppearing to have finally broken past the wall of sanity that held him together, Ben began to laugh as he shouted back, ”The two you called Mother and father were working on creating the metagene in regular human fetuses. Your actual mother was one of their test subjects that died giving birth to you. You were the first success and instead of handing you over, your creators said they wanted to keep an eye on you themselves and would report back if anything became of you.”

{R}eappearing in Geraldo’s One Aldwych suite, the pair were standing facing each other; Geraldo’s face had gone pale and he shook his head. He couldn’t make sense of what he had just heard. It couldn’t be true. Ben was a liar, but what did he have to lose by keeping things at this point? Deep down, Geraldo felt it made sense, it filled in gaps of his otherwise logical life. All the blood tests, the regular supervision, the lack of pictures from before his birth. He wasn’t born this way, he was created. Geraldo looked at Ben, hurt and pain filling his eyes. He barely managed to choke out, ”Just go. Get out of my hotel. Take one last payment of your salary and leave. I am to never see you again, and, if I do, you will regret it.” Geraldo waved Ben to the door, signaling that it was time to go. Ben sneered as he turned, grabbed his coat, briefcase, and hat, and walked out of the door; it slammed shut with a loud bang.

{G}eraldo fell to his knees on the gravelly shore of the Thames under the bridge he had just been on top of and screamed in anguish again and again.

Friendly Elocutionist

User Image

Darren did not look well at all, but he was up and about, so that was something. JC's buddy was a fighter and would not give in to something like this, not without resisting. They had time to put his plan into place, but JC did not want to have his friend be in pain any longer than was necessary. To be perfectly frank, he was not sure the relationship between Aria and Darren could handle much more of this. Shaundi was in town, and was going to take Aria out for some fun. It amused JC to know end that some of the people he worked with thought they could pull things over on him. When Shaundi began to work in London rather than Detroit, JC knew, and kept tabs on her. With her acting alone, she was at a greater risk of getting in trouble, so JC was keeping the London team ready to help out.

One thing that struck JC as odd was that Darren set up a training with Will, then bailed to go talk to Sheera. Darren was not one to start training then quit, be it halfway through or before it even started. What this was, it was an obvious statement that Darren was not his normal self, and the rest of the team was beginning to notice it. After all, how could they not notice something was up? What the team needed was a meeting later, or a series of one on one meetings, where the air could be cleared. JC did not want to keep any more secrets from the team, and was resolving to be a lot more honest. Being forthcoming was another matter entirely, and something else he would have to work on.

“Yea, that was a thing.” JC replied to Celeste, shaking his head slightly. As she discussed ideas for training, Elani and Jr came in'; if Riley wandered in, the set of rookies would be completed. All were progressing very well, and would soon be fully fledged members of the team. Before that could happen though, they had to prove they were worthy of the trust of their teammates, worthy of the burden that was another's life being intrusted to them. Most were close, but needed just a bit more work. JC would be proud to fight alongside any of them though. These were good people.

Junior asked to talk to him when he had a moment; Elani asked if today was a good time to practice a mind-link; Will wanted to train, but he asked Celeste in order to free up the blonde leader. “Okay Junior, just give me one moment please.” he asked with a nod and a smile. Junior nodded and sat down on a bench to watch the training between Celeste and Will. “Elani, if you have someone to practice with I say do it. Between you and me, my mind is not a place anyone wants to go or be linked to right now. Otherwise I would be open to being the one you practice with.” he whispered to her; no sense in putting everyone else in their conversation. “But, I would suggest asking Manny; he seemed amiable when I discussed it with him.” he added. Manny was patrolling at the moment, but was due to be back soon. In fact, he was late...

“He actually should be back, and I've never known him to be late, unless he is doing something. Would you contact him? If he needs help, you either be the calvary or get the calvary together; I'd like to see how you gauge the situation, so keep me in the loop.” JC assigned her. “Once that is done, tell him I'd like him to practice the mind link. Once my own head is a bit safer to share, I will help as well.”

Tegian's Wife

Demonic Wolf

11,325 Points
User ImageCELESTE SOLSTICE
XXxa.k.a. Luxx

“Yea, that was a thing,” JC replied, shaking his head. So she wasn't the only one who found what had just occurred to be strange. That was so unlike Darren... But at least he was still able to walk around under his own power. She didn't know for how long, however, which meant that they needed to implement JC's idea as soon as possible. The white-haired female's gaze was focused on the doorway that Darren had just exited through, her eyes un-focused as her mind puzzled over what she knew about her friends condition and what she didn't. There was still so much she needed to know, so much information that was closed off to her... And she was too scared to go in looking for what she needed, for fear that whatever was now inhabiting his mind would cause harm to her or, which would be worse, to Darren. He didn't need to be hurt worse. She blinked. The training room had been almost empty and, just like that, they had far too many people in the room, Jr and Elani having entered in search of JC. At least, that was how it seemed to Celeste, who had come down to the training room for the explicit purpose of speaking to JC. But there was nothing she could do about it; it was open to everyone and it wouldn't be fair of her to tell them all to get out just because she wanted to speak to him about her concerns without interruption. A bad choice, she supposed. Celeste suppressed a smile at the sight of Will teetering over the mini dessert that Darren had created on their training room floor; it was obvious that he'd never walked on sand before and so wasn't sure how to do so, what with is rather robust weight sort of weighing him down... He was slipping and sliding all over the place. She looked over at him as he said, "Hey, Lux. I've been thinking...in pretty much every fight I've been in, I've battered my opponent into submission. And you know how well that goes." She winced. That... Had not been a good moment. They'd met after her initial battle with Rotor and she'd left him in a bit of a hurry... Only to find him again a little later, bleeding and near death due to mechanical malfunctions. It was how he had come to be with the Challenger's. Not the best way to meet the heroes but... It had gotten him in with the team, at any rate. She still felt terrible for having left him there when she hadn't been certain that Rotor, under the guise of Nexus, had truly been gone. Will continued, "In any case, I've been wanting to practice against someone with a bit more...finesse. What do you say? Up for a little sparring on the wonderful arena Darren and I built?" He failed to stifle a self-deprecating chuckle and then paused sheepishly. Celeste smiled at him, "Please, Will, call me Celeste; there's no reason to use my hero moniker when it's just us. As for training with you, I would be happy to." Her smile broadened a little. "I've been working on a technique to fight larger, heavier opponents and you're just the guy to practice with." With is incredible weight, he would be perfect to practice her new technique with. And the hidden windows in the training room - hidden from the outside that is - allowed plenty of sunshine inside and so Celeste was surrounded by a soft glow, ready for anything. After training, she planned on going on a short patrol and then settle down at her favorite cafe for coffee, with perhaps a walk through the city afterwards. It couldn't hurt to take a walk through the city on her own, now could it? Especially after training and patrol. A little time on her own to sort out her thoughts was just what she needed. "Alright, lets get started." She moved towards the center of the mini-dessert and took a defensive stance. Celeste would let him attack first, just to see how he reacted to a smaller, faster opponent retaliating and then attacking. It was a good way to gauge his reaction time and decide how to proceed.

Every moment of LIGHT and DARK is a miracle

siris99
Wilhelm3
Roskuel
Sanokun711
Kaun_Angelfire
ooc:

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

User Image

Bzzt. Bzzt. There was that buzz again, emanating from the looming void that incessantly chased him though the base, slowly growing closer because no matter how hard he tried, he just could not get away. The base was a maze, nothing being where it should be and halls looming on forever and ever, no end in sight. Bzzt. Bzzt. Finally, he just had to give up, had to turn and face the impending darkness…

Kayleb’s eyes flew open as he practically jumped out from under his covers at waking from his nightmare. Letting out a shaky breath, Kayleb put his hand over his heart and willed it slow it’s rapid beating as he forced his breathing to come under control. It was just a dream, and he was awake now, nothing was wrong. Bzzt. Bzzt. Kayleb jumped at the noise, the exact noise from his nightmare.. and instantly felt like a complete idiot. Of course, it was his phone, accidently kept on vibrate. “Stupid.” He grumbled to himself as he grabbed it and turned it over to look at what time it was and why it kept buzzing. Well, it wasn’t too late in the morning, but he had apparently missed about six text messages. Who would possibly want to text me? It was a number he didn’t recognize, but he only had to read the first text to know who it was; Shaundi. After shooting back a quick text, to apologize for taking so long to reply, and letting her know he was up for whatever she had planned, he got himself ready for the day.

It didn’t take terribly long for Kayleb to get himself ready, and after a quick spot of the delicious porridge someone had made and left out for all to share in, he headed down to wait for Shaundi and Aria’s arrival. Unfortunately, they arrived in a car, and he couldn’t help but frown a bit as his wing shifted against his back. “Good morning.” He said as he opened the back door to the car. He wanted to tell them how awkward riding in vehicles was for him, it was in no way comfortable, but he didn’t want to ruin the day’s plans so he just awkwardly pushed himself into the car and did his best to keep his wings to himself. Thankfully Aria had taken the front passenger seat, so Kayleb had some room to shift his wings about until he found a moderate amount of comfort. Then they were off, and still no hints beyond some sort of training were given to either himself or Aria from Shaundi.

The surprise was sprung after they had finally ended up in some field with a bunch of other people, some of which were dressed as a various challengers. Kayleb almost didn’t want to leave the car, there were way to may people and all of them would instantly know who he was. As far as he knew, he was the only person in the country with actual wings, so it wouldn’t be terribly hard to put two and two together. But, as Aria and Shaundi exited the vehicle, Kayleb managed to pry himself out of the car and stood awkwardly beside his pair of girls as Shaundi explained what it was that was going on. It did not sound fun.. at all.. but he would stick around, mostly because he assumed that it had to be teams of three and he couldn’t just bail out on his friends. “Sounds… fun.” He managed to not at all sound enthusiastic, but Shaundi and Aria soon had him feeling like he might be able to half manage this obstacle course, though he knew full well he wasn’t likely to finish the thing.

Location:First Annual Challenger’s Obstacle Race Thoughts:Oh gods… this isn’t going to go well.

Lonely Spirit

User Image

”There is no present or future, only the past, happening over and over again, now.”
EUGENE O'NEILL

|I|gasho slammed the book so hard, the sound echoed throughout the nearly empty library. He heard the now familiar click of the librarian’s heels coming around the corner. Igasho knew what was about to happen so he packed up the notes he had been trying to take. The librarian came up next to him, her garlic breath obvious without a canine snout, and whispered in a harsh tone that he was to leave the library and not to come back until he could learn to control his outbursts.

|O|ver the past two weeks, Igasho had continued to stay with Manny, learning human mannerisms by night. Igasho truly appreciated the tutoring Manny continued to give him. He could almost blend in with a crowd now. During the days, he spent time in London trying to find what event it was he was here to stop; his progress had been infuriatingly nonexistent. Other than the brief meeting with Karuma, Igasho hadn’t found a single lead. He was sure the Tree of Time had sent the wrong man. The Warrior Shaman was built to fight wars, not investigate.

|A| week ago, Novik had shown Igasho the library. He could find all kinds of research materials here to continue his work; the only catch was that he had to do so quietly. The librarian had reminded him of this constantly, threatening to throw him out if he couldn’t do so.

|T|he sun shone on Igasho as he walked out of the library. Novik hadn’t been able to join him today, so he was on his own. Since the pacifist alien wasn’t with him today, maybe he ought to try a different tactic. According to the information from the Challengers, the gangs had a huge spike in violence two weeks ago, but had been unusually quiet since. Igasho decided it was time to seek out a little trouble and see what he could find. Igasho’s form quivered and shook. The people nearest him leapt back, one of the men let loose a scream as the shapeshifter’s form settled on a large grey wolf. He took off at a run, knowing that in this form he could run all day; he would do that if he had to. He wanted answers and he wanted them NOW.

Dapper Shapeshifter

12,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image
User Image

Halfway through getting her hair, into a half-hazard ponytail, a knock sounded at Tina’s door and Amanda called through the door, inquiring as to whether or not she was ready yet. “One moment.” Tina answered back as she quickly finished throwing her hair into the ponytail. “See ya later Squirtle.” She said towards the turtle’s tank before she headed out to Amanda.

A few staircases later, and the pair met up with Riley, who was waiting down at the entrance to the tunnels. They wove their way through the tunnels for a few minutes before exiting once they felt they were far enough away from the base and close enough to the planned patrol route. Amanda gave Riley the lead, and with that they were off. For the most part, the twins kept quiet, letting Riley give out all commands. Thankfully, it was looking to be not too bad of a patrol, nothing major was cropping up beyond finding the occasional would-be mugger or convenience store robber. And through those minor instances, Riley was showing he had exactly what it was needed to be a full-fledged Challenger. Too bad there’s nothing happening that would really challenge him.. Tina thought before practically rolling her eyes at herself Not that I want anything drastic to happen.

Unfortunately, that was exactly what the trio were about to get.

[Location: Patrolling London [Mood:-] [Thoughts:Let’s hope s**t doesn’t go down]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff