Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
RafiCat
I have a question for my fellow zomgaians:

how important are the other site features? would you play a quirky whimsical mmo that was only the game and didn't have the other features, like forums, shops, houses, mini=games, etc? Or do you want those features along with the game?

Very important I think. Why I'm scared to be on Gaiaonline now. The outdated features make me afraid of potential security risks. I'm actually on recolor.me now and although it doesn't have a MMO, it has some of the following stuff you mentioned. I play Aura Kingdom too, which doesn't feel just like a MMO since it has fishing and digging with it too. There are some MMOs that do include housing. I'm just trying to finish saying goodbye to everyone before I sign off for good.

Playful Guildswoman

RafiCat

how important are the other site features? would you play a quirky whimsical mmo that was only the game and didn't have the other features, like forums, shops, houses, mini=games, etc? Or do you want those features along with the game?

It's important to me that it be browser=based and not require a download. I think forums and shops would be important, how else would you fund the gameC? And coordinate, leave messages?

Mega Hoarder

jellykans
RafiCat

It's important to me that it be browser=based and not require a download. I think forums and shops would be important, how else would you fund the gameC? And coordinate, leave messages?

it would have a minimal amount of game related shops and forums, but not the massive number of forums here, or the huge number of items - dress up wouldn't really be a feature.

it would be like if zomg and its related things (like BaB and the z!f) was a stand alone site. I personally think that having all the other stuff would be desirable, on the other hand, it would then cost twice as much to create.

I've seen many people say they liked that zomg was browser based with no download, but why that is desirable?

Mega Hoarder

Scobre
RafiCat

Very important I think. Why I'm scared to be on Gaiaonline now. The outdated features make me afraid of potential security risks. I'm actually on recolor.me now and although it doesn't have a MMO, it has some of the following stuff you mentioned. I play Aura Kingdom too, which doesn't feel just like a MMO since it has fishing and digging with it too. There are some MMOs that do include housing. I'm just trying to finish saying goodbye to everyone before I sign off for good.

Yeah, I came back to ask this question, tie up some loose ends, maybe enter that contest. And then I'm pretty much gone til I hear zomg is back, lol

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

Yeah, I came back to ask this question, tie up some loose ends, maybe enter that contest. And then I'm pretty much gone til I hear zomg is back, lol

That's nice. I added you on skype by the way. Hopefully I got the name right.

Mega Hoarder

rebe-chan
RafiCat

I dunno, I'd still like the features along with the game, even if houses are boring e_e

my houses wouldn't be boring! wink

but I agree, the other features are nice to have. It would double the cost tho.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
RafiCat
jellykans
RafiCat

it would have a minimal amount of game related shops and forums, but not the massive number of forums here, or the huge number of items - dress up wouldn't really be a feature.

it would be like if zomg and its related things (like BaB and the z!f) was a stand alone site. I personally think that having all the other stuff would be desirable, on the other hand, it would then cost twice as much to create.

I've seen many people say they liked that zomg was browser based with no download, but why that is desirable?

I think it is because it doesn't take much room on their computers and they can play it on old computers. Even if you do get a new computer, it's nice to have a game that won't take much space that can be devoted to music and documents and pictures instead.

Mega Hoarder

Scobre
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

don't think you did.... I've gotten one request to add, but didn't identify themself. Unless that was you...

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

don't think you did.... I've gotten one request to add, but didn't identify themself. Unless that was you...

If it had a scooter in it, then it is. xd

Mega Hoarder

Scobre
RafiCat
jellykans
RafiCat

I think it is because it doesn't take much room on their computers and they can play it on old computers. Even if you do get a new computer, it's nice to have a game that won't take much space that can be devoted to music and documents and pictures instead.

seems to me it would maybe be less laggy if it was a download? And I have no idea how much space a typical mmo might need, as I have never downloaded any, but I'm guessing it's quite a bit. I prefer not to have to download, because I am untrusting. xd

Mega Hoarder

Scobre
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

If it had a scooter in it, then it is. xd

oh! accepted then. had no idea, lol

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat
jellykans
RafiCat

seems to me it would maybe be less laggy if it was a download? And I have no idea how much space a typical mmo might need, as I have never downloaded any, but I'm guessing it's quite a bit. I prefer not to have to download, because I am untrusting. xd

1-6 GB to download a full 3D MMO. So it takes quite a lot of space.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

hey rafi once the marshall project is over and book ready, do i email you or skype you? btw i have no clue where the little guy is now. sad

Mega Hoarder

scullylam
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

hey rafi once the marshall project is over and book ready, do i email you or skype you? btw i have no clue where the little guy is now. sad

either. still no word from Becky? did you try snail mail?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
RafiCat
scullylam
RafiCat
Scobre
RafiCat

either. still no word from Becky? did you try snail mail?

i am in italy so snail mail wouldn't work out. i just sent her another email.

and great! i will try to keep contact with you rafi. *hugs* you might end up with no marshall emailing you back xDDD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff