Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm hoping there are some scrapbookers out here on Gaia. haha.

I'm actually trying to get into scrapbooking.
I've only looked at samples online and example layouts though. And a few decorating tips. It's also a little overwhelming to figure out what I should get and what I should wait for until I need really it.

I would like to be able to make a nice looking scrapbook while on a budget. Since I"m guessing most of my money would go towards developing photos, so any sort of suggestions and tips would be amazing.

Rich Noob

A good place to start is the dollar store. They actually have some nice stuff sometimes - cardstock, themed sticker sets, etc.
Another good place is Walmart. You may be able to find a decent album to start your first scrapbook as well. If you don't find anything you like there, the next place I would go would be Micheals. They may be a bit more expensive (they usually have a 40% off any regular price item coupon in their flyer each month) but they may also have a much bigger selection. They also usually have some sort of clearance area where you may find some cool stuff.

It can get expensive, but it doesn't have to be. But of course you should start with some of your favourite pictures. My aunt does aLOT of scrapbooking and she made a sort of a 'family history' scrapbook of old photos for my grandparents. If it's done well, they make a nice keepsake or gift.

ANYWAYS good luck & have fun smile
scrapbooking is lots of fun smile Dollar Tree and the 99 cent store is a good place to go also! walmart has lots and lots of great items for scrapbooking. i recommend youtube so you can get the essential idea of what you need to start off. a good youtuber is Sacrafters and although her videos are lengthy she shows you what she makes as she makes it and its so much fun seeing how she makes different things.

just find your style and go with it! email me if you need any help: evyreyes91@gmail.com
Oh, thank you for the feedback. :]
I was actually surprised to see some really good stuff at Dollar Tree and 99 cents.

I will definitely check out Sacrafters on Youtube.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff