Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

I think it's nice to have a reference. :3
restaurant for details?

And let me know if you want me to control Renji or Ikkaku. You have 4 and I have 2 in this scene.

By the time they were inside the restaurant, Rukia had recovered some of her usual pep and forced herself to engage in conversation. She replied to Renji's comment about privacy with a hand to her head, "Living with Ichigo and stupid Kon, you don't even get that." Living in a closet wasn't all that great to start off with, but a bed was a bed. Still, it would be nice to be able to enter Ichigo's room without being ambushed by a perverted, flying teddy lion every time...

When the group entered this "Thai" place Ichigo mentioned, Yumichika was almost pleased by the restaurant's appearance. It was quaint, but it had slightly distinguishable features-- brown bamboo poles with golden engravings, matching golden doors with similar engravings carved over their entirety, and strange dangling fixtures where seats were not positioned. "This place... I actually almost like its simple beauty," Yumichika mused with a small smile.

Toward Rina's question, Yumichika unconsciously grinned a bit more and said as he looked down at her, "In a place like this, I don't really mind." The waitress seated them at a table near the back of the restaurant, per Ichigo's request. There were three chairs per long side of the table, which was perfect for their group. Yumichika sat at one edge of the table, Rina to his right. It was nice to have some space from Ikkaku every now and then. The fellow Division member tended to lose his manners in eating situations, which was so embarrassing...

"Hey, how do we get food? Do these papers mean anything?" Yumichika asked Ichigo and pointed to the menus laid in front of them. He picked one up and began reading the phrases. There were pictures of delicious, though unfamiliar, food dishes, so this must have been a clue to the human ways of eating.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

((Hm. Have Renji. I kinda got an idea. And good idea on the reference!))

Ichigo was across from Yumichika, and was beside Renji. It felt like a long time since he had to explain every single detail. "First the waitress will come out and ask what you want to drink. The list of drinks are on the bottom backside. A brief description is listed under them so you know what they are. Each restaurant has their own list of dishes that they make. You all will choose whatever is to your liking," he said quickly. It was bad enough trying to teach Rukia everything. Now he had four more.

Ikkaku didn't care a bit for the decorations. It was more stuff to destroy in battle. Of course, his friend took a liking to the place.

Rina smiled. She was starting to feel like there might actually be a bond between them. After all, they both did have a good fashion sense. "I can't wait to see what the rest of the town looks like. If only we had all the time in the world."

And to interrupt her train of thought; "Who's idea was it to pick this place? Everything looks disgusting," Ikkaky moaned. Of course, food was food but it didn't have to look this disgusting.

Rina lowered her head and didn't say anything, hoping no one would say anything. Surely it couldn't be that bad. Ikkaku was scarry. Not only did he have skill but it was his attitude.

It took Ichigo a moment to realize that the waitress had been waiting on what they wanted to drink. He looked up and had a sincere look on his face. "I'm just going to apologize in advance. My dad wanted to take in some people who have been homeless and some of them don't have much on manners. And they don't have a clue about much technology. Um, could I have the pink lemonade?" It was a crappy cover story but it would have to work for now. It wasn't like they were going to meet this waitress again.

Rina kept looking at the drinks. Some of them didn't have a description. "I'll have the sweet tea please," She couldn't go wrong with anything tea related. After all, she would have time to try other drinks later.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Rukia seated herself beside Rina and across from Ikkaku. She vaguely recalled the method of ordering at places like these. Ichigo had mentioned it in passing among their schoolmates. While Ikkaku complained, Rukia figured out what she wanted to drink. "I will have a Coke, please," she smiled and said in that sweet voice she used around strangers.

Turning toward Rina, who was looking uncomfortable about Ikkaku's brashness, she patted her on the shoulder and added, "I like this place, as well. Great minds think alike, hm?"

Thanks to Ichigo's instruction, Yumichika didn't have much trouble understanding the menu after a minute of searching. Toward the waitress, he said politely, "Sweet tea for me, too." He turned to Rina and said smugly, "I think your tastes are admirable, unlike some boorish, bald people at this table," obviously ragging on Ikkaku for his blatant lack of respect for beauty. "If you have a problem with this place, you don't have to eat anything," he said toward Ikkaku with a haughty attitude. Ikkaku had tough skin, and Yumichika knew that only smart-alec comments got through to him.

Renji was a little out of sorts with the whole looking-at-a-foreign-paper thing, so he just went with what Rukia ordered. Rukia was one to make good decisions most of the time. "Give me a Coke, too," he told the waitress, holding a hand up to get her attention. After a few seconds, he realized he didn't even know what a "Coke" was. "Maybe I should have just ordered some sake..." he mumbled to himself and sighed. Why did every task have so many unnecessary steps in the modern world?

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Rina looked up at Rukia and nervously smiled. She didn't even know if her or anyone else liked the place. After Yumichika gave his comments to Ikkaku, he seemed to be fired up real quick. "I'm not bald! Its shaved," he growled as he slammed his fist on the table. "At least I don't wear feathers and go around commenting on everything like a girl!"

Rina quietly slid her chair back a little bit. She wanted to be able to get out of the way if they decided to fight on the table. At least swords weren't allowed in public.

This is insane. Why on earth did these two had to get sent here? Renji could be bad enough at times, but he had Ikkaku and Yumichika. Well Yumichika wasn't that bad. Ikkaku had the hot head out of the two. "Coke is pretty good. Its a carbonated drink, which means its got bubbles. There's a lot of other different carbonated drinks too. No matter what, you'll find something you'll like."

When the waitress came back, Rina ordered spicy shrimp in coconut oil. She had tried shrimp once and knew it was good, so she couldn't go too wrong.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika's right eyebrow twitched out of agitation at Ikkaku's retort. "The end result is the same! Whether you shave or it falls out, you're still bald. And how many times have I told you? These are accessories! Have you not heard the phrase, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'? Now stop making a scene with such barbaric motions... Ugh!" Yumichika called back and crossed his arms defiantly, refusing to be moved to action by his dense friend.

Renji ignored the two bickering and listened intently as Ichigo explained Coke. His eyes widened, and he nodded in understanding, "Ohhh, I see!" The waitress returned with their drinks in a few minutes, so Renji took a long sip of the brown liquid through a straw (which was a strange experience). The drink was fizzy in his mouth and had a sweet taste. "Woah, this "carbonation" thing is cool!" he told Ichigo a bit too excitedly. He then downed the rest of the drink in about ten seconds before asking the waitress for more.

Rukia giggled as Renji discovered how yummy Coke was and took a small sip for herself. She could only roll her eyes as Yumichika and Ikkaku got increasingly louder, slightly annoyed. Over their ruckus, she ordered curry noodles from the menu and said apologetically to the waitress, "Thank you for your patience."

Just like before, Renji ordered what Rukia ordered without question. If she knew what Coke was, what other delicious secrets of the human world did she know? Rukia noticed and smiled at him. Renji, aware of her looking at him, said sheepishly, "What? Great minds, right?" before rubbing the back of his head.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Rina sighed as Ikkaku sat back in his seat. He still seemed to be angry but at least he wasn't being loud. Or "barbaric" as Yumichika called it. He mumbled to the waitress that he didn't care as to what he wanted at all. He waited a while until he tried his coke and found that it tasted delicious and stayed quiet.

Ichigo ordered a curry also, seeing that it was the only thing that sounded good at the moment. At least Ikkaku had sat down in his chair and became quiet. "Yeah, we have a lot more technology than the Soul Society, so you'll run into more things like this. As for sake, you'll have to have an ID card and be a certain age. Even though you're older by soul, your bodies aren't."

Rina shrugged. "I think we can live without it for a little while, can't we?"

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika glared at Ikkaku with a look that said "loser", but he moved on. Everyone knew Yumichika won that little argument, whether Ikkaku would admit it or not. "Another curry noodle is fine for me," he told the waitress.

He focused on Rina, instead. Ichigo's comment made him think about how young Rina looked in her gigai. Her features were already petite, contesting even Rukia. But Rina was also quieter, almost timid in the way she spoke. That added to her childlike looks, though it was more of innocence than lack of physical maturity.

He had to blink a few times, wondering why he even began analyzing Rina so acutely. He resorted to conversing to pull himself out of his little reverie. "Do you have an ID card, Ichigo? You look like you could drink around here, with that mean mug you always have on."

Rukia snorted lightly at that comment and couldn't help but to laugh out loud. She coughed a little since she was in the middle of a sip, but she was fine. "He's right. Ichigo, you're doing it now!" she added and kept laughing.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

It was odd to think that you had to be a certain age for things here. But then again, humans only lived so long and their bodies didn't heal like a Shinigami's. Rina assumed that that would limit certain things here in the world. After all, no one would believe them if they said they were hundreds of years old.

Ichigo grumbled a little. They probably didn't think what could possibly be the problem. "I'm not old enough. Plus I have to watch all of you since you don't have a clue as to how anything is here. Obviously you can run around wrecking things."

Rina laughed. That would have to be mostly Ikkaku and Renji at that. She was sure that there would be punishment far beyond than paying money for it. "Don't worry Ichigo. I'm sure we won't be too bad. After all, Rukia knows a lot too so she can help us learn stuff, right?"

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Rukia's head seemed to inflate a little at Rina's compliment. She lightly pounded her chest with her small right fist and beamed, "Well, it's not difficult to learn when you're as keen as I."

Yumichika had a slightly confused look on his face, but not because of Rukia. "Hehhh? There are rules to drinking in the Living World?" he asked since Ichigo brought up that he was underage. Immediately, Yumichika began examining his gigai and searching for something to reflect his face. He found a spoon and checked out the image of his distorted face. "Quick, Rukia. How old do I look?" he asked her hastily, not wanting to seem like a teenager or an old man.

Cocking an eyebrow, Rukia replied, "You look like you're Ichigo's age to me. Something wrong with that?" Cursing under his breath, Yumichika said, "As a matter of fact, it is. That means I can't do whatever Ichigo's not allowed to do, and I'm hundreds of years older!" Rukia rolled her eyes dramatically and said, "Oh, please! You don't even know what to do in this world, and it's probably better that way right now..."

While Yumichika freaked out about whatever beauty-obsessed concept he had in mind, Renji slurped the last of his Coke. A few seconds later, he quickly slapped a hand over his mouth to muffle the monster-sized burp that suddenly erupted from him. "Woooah! Who needs sake when you can do that! That was awesome!" Well, it was until Rukia sent him a disapproving look. "I-I mean, that was loud. Excuse me," he corrected himself, grumbling afterward about girls and the unnecessary manners they had. Rukia pretended not to listen.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Even though that they had already been here in this world almost a day, they still wouldn't know what to do by themselves, besides look around and try not to get lost. It already felt like that they had been here a lot longer than that. Ikkaku, Yumichika and Rina had gone shopping, fought three Arrancar with the others. Well, Ikkaku and Yumichika did. Rina was hurt. And now they were eating. It was a good thing that they didn't age like humans. She could barely remember her human years without thinking too hard, if she had any memory left of it. Though, it was nice that they could live so long without looking so old already. "How could looking too young be a bad thing? You're older than me and you still look great. I don't see something too wrong with that. Plus, looks can't tell you everything. Like, the Head Captain. I couldn't even guess what age he is, but I'm sure he looks great for it."

Ichigo chuckled a bit when Renji got excited about his burp. They definitely had a lot to learn from the world. Too bad they couldn't take some of it with them back to the Seireitei. "If you keep drinking the coke like that, you'll keep burping. Just as a reminder, coke isn't going to hydrate you. So if you pass out from dehydration, it's not my fault." It was a wonder how so many people weren't dead from dehydration already from drinking so many sodas. Rina couldn't help but to giggle at Renji's burp. Even though it wasn't funny to well-mannered people, she thought it was a little funny. After all, this was something they never had.

When the food came out, Ikkaku dug in like he had been starved. It was surprisingly better than what it had looked like. When he finished his bowl, he chugged down his coke and also had a monster-sized burp. "This is amazing. I want seconds," he said loudly. At that moment, Ichigo thought of how much Ikkaku and Renji could possibly eat. He would be broke for a while. Why did he even volunteer to pay?

Rina began to ate her's. The shrimp was definitely fresh and tasted amazing. Though, the coconut milk seemed to have some spices. She started to drink more of her tea, hoping that it would keep her from burning up a little too much from the food.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika rubbed his chin as Rina gave her two cents. "I suppose you're right... I certainly am not as old as Head Captain, for the record. But I will take that into consideration," he said and sighed thoughtfully. "Oh, well. I guess this body will have to do. Thanks, Rina-chan," he added and smiled toward her while the waitress brought their food. He didn't realize that he used the friendly honorific, yet again.

"Since when do you know anything scientific, Carrot Top?" Renji asked Ichigo snidely. "Miss! Could I have another Coke?" he called out to the waitress and handed her his glass. She brought it back speedily before disappearing again once everyone had their food. Renji began devouring his noodles, not caring that he looked like a hungry hobo from his sloppiness.

Rukia shook her head, smiling slightly. 'He's going to be running to the bathroom soon from all that soda,' she thought as she picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of her noodles. "Mmm, delicious!" she said and began eating with more energy. Of course, she had manners and didn't slurp them up like Renji or Ikkaku would.

Yumichika took his first bites and was clearly enjoying himself, as well. "I say, Rukia. These curry noodles are divine!" he complimented her across the table. She was the first one to choose curry noodles off of the menu, so she must have known about this dish.

Rukia smiled and nodded as she slurped some more noodles. When her mouth was clear, she said, "Glad you like them!" This was becoming a very enjoyable meal. It wasn't often that the Shinigami from different squads were able to get along for such a long time. 'I could get used to this,' she thought.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Yumichika rubbed his chin as Rina gave her two cents. "I suppose you're right... I certainly am not as old as Head Captain, for the record. But I will take that into consideration," he said and sighed thoughtfully. "Oh, well. I guess this body will have to do. Thanks, Rina-chan," he added and smiled toward her while the waitress brought their food. He didn't realize that he used the friendly honorific, yet again.

"Since when do you know anything scientific, Carrot Top?" Renji asked Ichigo snidely. "Miss! Could I have another Coke?" he called out to the waitress and handed her his glass. She brought it back speedily before disappearing again once everyone had their food. Renji began devouring his noodles, not caring that he looked like a hungry hobo from his sloppiness.

Rukia shook her head, smiling slightly. 'He's going to be running to the bathroom soon from all that soda,' she thought as she picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of her noodles. "Mmm, delicious!" she said and began eating with more energy. Of course, she had manners and didn't slurp them up like Renji or Ikkaku would.

Yumichika took his first bites and was clearly enjoying himself, as well. "I say, Rukia. These curry noodles are divine!" he complimented her across the table. She was the first one to choose curry noodles off of the menu, so she must have known about this dish.

Rukia smiled and nodded as she slurped some more noodles. When her mouth was clear, she said, "Glad you like them!" This was becoming a very enjoyable meal. It wasn't often that the Shinigami from different squads were able to get along for such a long time. 'I could get used to this,' she thought.

Rina smiled, liking that Yumichika agreed with her. He did look young looking for sure. There were some that aged a little more than others. "I think it'll be a very long time before you even get a wrinkle."

Ichigo quickly stood up and faced Renji. "What did you just call me? At least I'm letting you know before you die of dehydration. I know a lot more science than you do," he yelled. They were in a public place but at this moment, he didn't care. "What is that mess of hair you have? It looks like it would be the leaves of a pineapple."

This was crazy. One fight had already gone on. Now there was a second not long afterwards. Rina had gotten half way through her plate before she excused herself to the bathroom. She didn't want to make it obvious that the shrimp was too hot for her. She was very grateful for getting food in the first place so she didn't want to complain. After throwing some water on her face, she grabbed a few paper towels to wipe it off. Luckily she didn't have to worry about wearing makeup. Then she bit her thumb in thought of the possibility of her and Yumichika getting together. Could it be possible?

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Beaming at Rina's admiration of his glorious face, Yumichika imagined that all eyes were on him. On the contrary, the only person paying attention to him was Rina. Everyone's eyes were on the two hot-headed Shinigami across from him, to his disappointment. He glared at the two for being annoyingly loud and for taking away his spotlight. Rina excused herself shortly after, and he didn't blame her. He didn't want to be seen with Ichigo and Renji in public, the way they acted so boorish all the time.

Renji gawked as Ichigo insulted his hair. Likewise, he shot out of his chair and stood up straight to assert his dominance. Pointing to his hair, he hollered, "My hair looks nothing like a pineapple! 'Sides! Pineapples have green hair, you dope! Go back to kindergarten!" How dare Ichigo compare his fiery hair to a fruit!

What was that about an enjoyable meal? Rukia must have been mistaken. This was becoming embarrassing. Perhaps Rina thought so, too, seeing that she left the scene. Ichigo and Renji were about to get into it, as usual; she should have known better than to let them sit together in public. Sighing, Rukia's eyebrows twitched as she put her bowl down and stood up.

Taking a breath, she exclaimed over their continued bantering, "HEY!! Cut that out NOW!!" If she could, she would have just kicked both of them in their arses. However, a restaurant was not the place for such violence. Maybe she would do it when they left. They deserved it.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

Beaming at Rina's admiration of his glorious face, Yumichika imagined that all eyes were on him. On the contrary, the only person paying attention to him was Rina. Everyone's eyes were on the two hot-headed Shinigami across from him, to his disappointment. He glared at the two for being annoyingly loud and for taking away his spotlight. Rina excused herself shortly after, and he didn't blame her. He didn't want to be seen with Ichigo and Renji in public, the way they acted so boorish all the time.

Renji gawked as Ichigo insulted his hair. Likewise, he shot out of his chair and stood up straight to assert his dominance. Pointing to his hair, he hollered, "My hair looks nothing like a pineapple! 'Sides! Pineapples have green hair, you dope! Go back to kindergarten!" How dare Ichigo compare his fiery hair to a fruit!

What was that about an enjoyable meal? Rukia must have been mistaken. This was becoming embarrassing. Perhaps Rina thought so, too, seeing that she left the scene. Ichigo and Renji were about to get into it, as usual; she should have known better than to let them sit together in public. Sighing, Rukia's eyebrows twitched as she put her bowl down and stood up.

Taking a breath, she exclaimed over their continued bantering, "HEY!! Cut that out NOW!!" If she could, she would have just kicked both of them in their arses. However, a restaurant was not the place for such violence. Maybe she would do it when they left. They deserved it.

Rina kept pondering on the thought, thinking that it could be possible for Yumichika to like her. But then again, it wasn't like he was easy to read. He had such a different personality about him that she couldn't figure out at times. She broke away from her thought when she heard Rukia's voice through the door. With a sigh, she made her way back to the table.

Ichigo had gotten one last word in before Rukia decided to break it up. "Really? Did you just learn your colors? I know I'm not the color blind one here." He sat down in his chair, knowing that Renji was pissed since he didn't get the last word in. It wasn't like they weren't going to fight later on anyway.

As Rina walked back to the table, she noticed that there was an unhappy man staring at their table. "Um, guys? I think we should leave before we get into trouble," she said, pointing at the man.

Ikkaku scoffed. "What? You can't get loud without getting thrown into jail or something?"

This was great. Not everyone was done but if they had to leave, at least they all got something to eat. "Great. Just what I needed. I'll get the ticket, you guys just go. I don't care what you do, just don't get into trouble. Meet me at my dads clinic just east of here before it gets too late." At least they could try to leave before they did get into any trouble.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Yumichika had been eating quietly while Ichigo and Renji had their llittle squabble. He rather preferred focusing on his curry noodles than those two. It was a good thing that he did because Rina pointed out that they were being a disturbance when she returned. He finished most of his bowl, so he wasn't too unhappy about leaving. "It's not polite to stare, but I suppose we have become a hassle...." he mumbled, not caring to admit the group's shortcomings.

He took one last gulp of his drink, dabbed his mouth with a napkin, and stood to meet Rina. "After you, Rina-chan," he said and half-bowed. She was the only person who hadn't raised her voice during dinner, and she was the most peaceful of the group. A little courtesy toward her was well-deserved.

"You little punk, I'm gonna...Just wait until later..." Renji mumbled under his breath after Rukia stopped him and Ichigo. Rukia gave him a stern gaze that said he was in trouble if he kept talking, so Renji settled for giving Ichigo death glares and making faces behind his back. Rukia grabbed his arm and began dragging him away, seeing that he was hesitating to leave the table.

Rukia turned around to answer Ikkaku, "In a quiet setting like this, it's possible. Come on." When she felt Renji picking up the pace, she let go of his arm and sighed. "You know, for being several centuries older, you sure act a lot like Ichigo," she said smugly, knowing he would hate to be compared to the boy.

"I am not like him!" Renji growled and sped up his pace to get away from her. Rukia crossed her arms and chuckled, satisfied that he was giving up.

When the group, minus Ichigo, was outside again, Yumichika asked Rukia, "What exactly does Ichigo's dad's clinic look like? He wasn't very descriptive, aside from giving us a general direction."

Rukia grunted and turned to answer, "It's a normal-looking house, but it has a large sign that reads 'Kurosaki Clinic'." She animatedly raised her petite arms wide in the air to give a visual effect. Lowering them, she continued, "It's about half a mile from this restaurant that way." She pointed east, down the sidewalk they were near.

Nodding in understanding, Yumichika said with some enthusiasm, "Alright, I'm off to explore more of this town. I need to learn about their street style~"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff