Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

*covers ears*

Yumichika was happy when Rina allowed him to place the delicate flower in her hair. As she leaned up to give him a better reach, he leaned down. And fate would have it that someone bumped into Rina at that moment. She fell forward... and met his lips! He caught her, his arms steadying her at the hips, and pulled away after a few seconds. He gave the passerby a glare for his carelessness. Wow, he wasn't expecting that to happen...

It was unbecoming of him to blush, but he definitely looked surprised. "Well, that was interesting, to say the least," he joked to dispel the awkwardness. His hands still lingered on Rina's waist unconsciously. He tried to quickly process how he felt about what happened while he waited for Rina to say something. A part of him actually wanted to try that again. He'd never say no to a kiss, but he was sure that Rina felt uncomfortable about it.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

I just uploaded a second sketch of Yumichika's sister on my DA page. If you didn't get my first PM, my username on Deviant account is the same. Oh and...

Rina continued to stay still in front of him. That was definitely surprising. And it felt... good. She wasn't ever interested in a guy long enough for this to happen. Her first kiss was accidental and it was amazing. Anyone else would tell her to hurry up and get out for having her first kiss at this age, since most probably already had theirs ages ago.

She looked down with a small, "Um," as she tried to figure out what to do. Without realizing what she was doing, she looked up, put her arms around Yumichika and leaned in to kiss him. Her shoulders quickly tensed as she heard fireworks starting, but it wasn't something that would make her stop.

...a little more squealing

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((Hoo hoooooo!!... And I'll go look.))

Yumichika raised an eyebrow when all Rina said was, "Um." That didn't sound like a good reaction. He started to release her hips when she completely shocked him by wrapping her arms around him and kissing him again! 'Did not see that coming...' he thought before melting into the kiss.

Squad 11 was known for its roughness, but Yumichika was gentle. He stroked her cheek with his left hand and let her set the pace. There was no reason to get excited... yet. She seemed content, which made him content. The fireworks going off made the moment quite lovely.

They parted after several seconds, and he enveloped her into a hug. "Let's watch the fireworks," he suggested before giving her room to turn and look at the sky.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Well apparently I didn't close the spoiler code. Way to go me. I went ahead and started with the Grand Fisher since there isn't much to do before he shows up.

Her heart fluttered when she kissed him again. It was a weird feeling but she enjoyed everything about the moment. She thought about it and knew this wasn't like her. She was that shy girl that kept to herself. But she did not regret this at all.

She nodded and turned to see the fireworks. They were much prettier here. She kept the space between them small so she could enjoy the closeness between them. In a way, all of this was overwhelming but she didn't want to stop. It was really surprising how fast this happened. The way Yumichika was, she thought it'd be hundreds of years before they would have a relationship like this.

Rina thought she had heard a scream, but it sounded really distant. She looked around to find where it was coming from. It was down the river and it came from a soul. This was really upsetting. The moment she wanted had to be cut so short. "Down there! A hollow!" she yelled. She quickly ate the soul candy and jumped down onto the grass. Once she stood up, she began to run towards the soul before the hollow could catch it.

Once the hollow stopped to see what was coming he stopped and grinned. "Well, isn't this a surprise? Two Shinigami? This is going to be a nice treat!" This hollow was definitely weird looking. Instead of being plain like the others, it had fur, and feet like a rat.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

Between the fireworks and Rina's face lit up with happiness, Yumichika wasn't sure where to look. He wasn't sure why this moment happened, but it did. And being a part of Squad 11 meant rolling with the punches... or soft kisses, he supposed. He wondered if he would tell Ikkaku about this later or if this would be kept between himself and Rina for the time being. Did it even matter? Perhaps not. He just wanted to enjoy being with Rina right now.

But of course, he couldn't. A scream a few hundred meters away, and Yumichika immediately knew that their moment of blissful enjoyment had ended. Rina noticed, as well, and they both transformed and raced to save the soul from the Hollow.

What Yumichika saw looked disgusting-- more disgusting than usual, he might add. But describing the features of it were unimportant to him, though he did notice two suspicious things about it. The Hollow was larger than most, and it spoke rather intelligently-- again, more intelligently than usual. Yumichika unsheathed his zanpakuto, prepared to defeat it quickly. "A nice treat for my zanpakuto, perhaps... No, who am I kidding? Are Hollows like you even worthy of seeing my shikai?" he retorted with a smirk.

Yumichika used his flash step to sneak up on the Hollow from behind. This would be a cinch. He raised his zanpakuto to end this pointless fight.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Even though the Hollow was on the fat side, he did move quickly. He turned around and struck at Yumichika. "Ha, do you think you can fool me that easily? None of you Shinigami gaming have been able to defeat me in over fifty years!" he laughed. Rina took the chance to bring out her shikai, knowing she'll need it's power, and strike at the Hollow. She got small strike in before he turned back around to hit her. "Smart move, but not quite."

Rina flew and landed on the ground. She took a moment to catch her breath before standing up.Hmm... she seems like she could be food my new bait. When she had a chance to look up, she saw a guy dressed in some weird robe. "Don't hurt him," he said.

She froze. Why? She wanted to move but something was strange with this guy. The yellow hair with an even cut. She dropped to the ground clutching her head. "My head... Why?" Her spiritual pressure began to rise. It was much larger than it could ever be at her present level. As the smoke disappeared, she appeared to be older.

Her hair didn't have as much volume as before. She was a little taller and had more of a womanly figure. "You b*****d. I'll kill you before you land a claw on Shinii," she said in a tone that meant nothing more than a promise as she pointed her sword at the Hollow. Her shikai did look a little different, like it recognized her new strength and changed.

"What! What sort of trick is this?" He felt the spiritual pressure and knew something was wrong with this girl. He ran after her and began to attack. Rina dodged easily until he made a quicker move to throw her back. Instead of being thrown into a tree, she dug her sword into the ground to stop first. "Do you think I am that easy to defeat? I am a captain!" She took her sword out of the ground and ran back towards the creature. In a few strikes it was dead. She knew of this beast and wanted to be the one to kill it if she had the chance.

Suddenly she dropped to the ground holding her head and within a puff of smoke, went back to her younger self. Her eyes looked up to see the Hollow dead and disappearing in front of her. "Wh-what happened? My head burns! Yumi," she whispered.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((Juicy post is juicy.))

Yumichika's attack failed, and the Hollow struck against his zanpakuto. Yumichika held his ground, but he pulled back with flash step to try again. Rina stepped in with her shikai-- it sounded like she said "Burrako Haato". But Rina was overwhelmed and thrown to the ground. "Rina!" he yelled to her, but he had to focus on the Hollow. A man with flowing blond hair and robes from Soul Society appeared, seemingly from the Hollow. "This isn't right..." he mumbled and held his zanpakuto steady for his next attack.

He glanced at Rina, and she was holding her head as if she was injured. Not good. The next thing he knew, her reiatsu skyrocketed comparably to a lieutenant's! The raw energy caused a bit of a shockwave, and he had to shield his face. When the dust settled, Rina had changed. Her body matured, her zanpakuto's shikai evolved slightly, and she spoke more forcefully than usual, as if she knew the man that appeared before the Hollow. What the h-ll was going on?! Yumichika watched with fascination as Rina engaged with the Hollow again. "...I am a captain!" Okay, this was not the Rina he met a few days ago. It was like she was living a different life! And soon enough, she turned the Hollow into reiatsu dust.

Rina fell shortly after and transformed back into a young girl. Yumichika's eyes were wide, but he snapped to it when he heard her ask for him. Sheathing his sword, he dropped to his knees and carefully touched her head to feel for blood. Did she fall on it when she was thrown? 'What caused that transformation??' he thought, though he wouldn't tell her what happened until he spoke to the others. "You defeated the Hollow... We need to get you back to--" he said cautiously. "We're here!" a familiar voice interrupted.

Yumichika looked up and saw Rukia running with Ichigo, Chad, and Ishida. "What happened here? Where is Grand Fisher?" Rukia asked seriously, scanning the area.

"So that's its name? It's dead," Yumichika said tersely, eyes back on Rina.

"We had to get Ichigo away from the crowds, so he could change without causing a riot..." she looked at Ichigo with annoyance, "We need to get you a soul candy. Seriously! Next time, I'm leaving you." She turned back to Yumichika and said, "There was a sudden pulse of reiatsu. Do you..." Rukia trailed off because Yumichika started shaking his head slightly, seemingly asking her not to speak about the reiatsu anymore. "Later," he mouthed, so Rina wouldn't hear. Rukia, a smart one, got it and changed the subject. "Can you walk, Rina?" she asked the girl.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((Juicy post is juicy.))

Yumichika's attack failed, and the Hollow struck against his zanpakuto. Yumichika held his ground, but he pulled back with flash step to try again. Rina stepped in with her shikai-- it sounded like she said "Burrako Haato". But Rina was overwhelmed and thrown to the ground. "Rina!" he yelled to her, but he had to focus on the Hollow. A man with flowing blond hair and robes from Soul Society appeared, seemingly from the Hollow. "This isn't right..." he mumbled and held his zanpakuto steady for his next attack.

He glanced at Rina, and she was holding her head as if she was injured. Not good. The next thing he knew, her reiatsu skyrocketed comparably to a lieutenant's! The raw energy caused a bit of a shockwave, and he had to shield his face. When the dust settled, Rina had changed. Her body matured, her zanpakuto's shikai evolved slightly, and she spoke more forcefully than usual, as if she knew the man that appeared before the Hollow. What the h-ll was going on?! Yumichika watched with fascination as Rina engaged with the Hollow again. "...I am a captain!" Okay, this was not the Rina he met a few days ago. It was like she was living a different life! And soon enough, she turned the Hollow into reiatsu dust.

Rina fell shortly after and transformed back into a young girl. Yumichika's eyes were wide, but he snapped to it when he heard her ask for him. Sheathing his sword, he dropped to his knees and carefully touched her head to feel for blood. Did she fall on it when she was thrown? 'What caused that transformation??' he thought, though he wouldn't tell her what happened until he spoke to the others. "You defeated the Hollow... We need to get you back to--" he said cautiously. "We're here!" a familiar voice interrupted.

Yumichika looked up and saw Rukia running with Ichigo, Chad, and Ishida. "What happened here? Where is Grand Fisher?" Rukia asked seriously, scanning the area.

"So that's its name? It's dead," Yumichika said tersely, eyes back on Rina.

"We had to get Ichigo away from the crowds, so he could change without causing a riot..." she looked at Ichigo with annoyance, "We need to get you a soul candy. Seriously! Next time, I'm leaving you." She turned back to Yumichika and said, "There was a sudden pulse of reiatsu. Do you..." Rukia trailed off because Yumichika started shaking his head slightly, seemingly asking her not to speak about the reiatsu anymore. "Later," he mouthed, so Rina wouldn't hear. Rukia, a smart one, got it and changed the subject. "Can you walk, Rina?" she asked the girl.

Mmm, juicy
I thought doing the Nel thing would seem more appropriate

Rina felt nothing but confusion. There was no way she could beat a Hollow this size and she knew that. She began to shake her head and said,"No... no! I didn't kill it. I can't. I'm too weak to do that! "

Chad stood by and watched. He was more confused than anyone else. Rina tried to stand up but she looked like she wasn't sure if she could. "I'll get her," Chad said as he picked her up. She was small and seemed a little to fragile to be a Shinigami. He patiently waited for everyone else to decide where they were going. Someone mentioned Urahara's shop and he knew where that was at least.

Along the way, Rina buried her face in Chad's chest so no one could see. She felt like something was wrong with her. She just wanted to be normal like the others. The more she thought about it, the more she felt like the outsider.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

It seemed like everyone was in agreement to meet at Urahara's Shop. The sun had nearly fully set, and they needed to leave before any other Hollow showed up. Urahara-san was a creepy man, but something told Yumichika that he knew about Rina. Ichigo went to fetch his discarded body, while the other Shinigami returned to their gigais as their Mod Souls trickled in from the fireworks. The Mod Souls could sense reiatsu, and they knew that something had run amiss. Since Rina was injured, Rukia suggested, "I don't think you should return to your gigai just yet. Let Urahara-san examine your head first."

When the group neared Urahara's Shop, Rukia walked beside Yumichika, who looked like he was spacing out, and said, "We'll talk after Rina is gone to rest." Yumichika blinked a few times before realizing what she said, and he nodded.

On perfect cue, Urahara-san slid open the door to invite them in. "Oh? What do we have here?" he greeted them more serious than normal. He moved aside to let them enter. "Tessai, could you assist me?" he called out, and the assistant was there immediately. He took Rina from Chad's arms, bowed, and took her to a room in the back. "Tessai will take care of her. So please, relax in the living room and have some tea. I'll go make some."

The group walked into the familiar living room with the modest furnishings and low table. After everyone settled on the floor around it, Urahara excused himself to make a pot of tea. That was usually Tessai's job, but he was currently preoccupied.

((The post was getting kind of long. Feel free to mention a dialogue with Rina or some drabble before Urahara comes back. I just wanted to split up Yumichika's explanation from this post.))

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

It seemed like everyone was in agreement to meet at Urahara's Shop. The sun had nearly fully set, and they needed to leave before any other Hollow showed up. Urahara-san was a creepy man, but something told Yumichika that he knew about Rina. Ichigo went to fetch his discarded body, while the other Shinigami returned to their gigais as their Mod Souls trickled in from the fireworks. The Mod Souls could sense reiatsu, and they knew that something had run amiss. Since Rina was injured, Rukia suggested, "I don't think you should return to your gigai just yet. Let Urahara-san examine your head first."

When the group neared Urahara's Shop, Rukia walked beside Yumichika, who looked like he was spacing out, and said, "We'll talk after Rina is gone to rest." Yumichika blinked a few times before realizing what she said, and he nodded.

On perfect cue, Urahara-san slid open the door to invite them in. "Oh? What do we have here?" he greeted them more serious than normal. He moved aside to let them enter. "Tessai, could you assist me?" he called out, and the assistant was there immediately. He took Rina from Chad's arms, bowed, and took her to a room in the back. "Tessai will take care of her. So please, relax in the living room and have some tea. I'll go make some."

The group walked into the familiar living room with the modest furnishings and low table. After everyone settled on the floor around it, Urahara excused himself to make a pot of tea. That was usually Tessai's job, but he was currently preoccupied.

((The post was getting kind of long. Feel free to mention a dialogue with Rina or some drabble before Urahara comes back. I just wanted to split up Yumichika's explanation from this post.))

I forgot Ichigo is my character... no prob!

Ichigo wasn't to bright on reiatsu but he was smart enough to tell when there was an increase and who it was. The room felt a little crammed when everyone was here, which when something happened they all needed to know about it.

Uryu pushed up his glasses and spoke first. The silence was a little annoying and he knew for a fact that Urahara had answers. "Did anyone know about Rina before she came to the world of the living? It seems like she has a past that we don't know about," he said.

"I never saw her any of the times that I went to the Seireitei. Did she say she was in your squad, Rukia?" He wasn't one to remember that many details, but since they didn't have a clue about Rina's past, they don't know if she was good or bad. Maybe she could be a clue to Aizen's plan. She did look completely innocent when they finally got to her, and she did seem like the person who wouldn't team up with Aizen.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((It's alright. I forgot about Renji. xD How about you be him this scene? I have all the talking characters right now.))

Rukia stretched before answering Ichigo, "Yes, she said she was under my Captain when we first met. I was confused by that. I, too, had never seen her. I want to ask Ukitake-taichou, but I don't have official permission to leave my post."

"Hello? Anyone-- Oh~! You're here!" Orihime called out in the hallway before finding the others in the living room. Renji followed in behind her. "Inoue-san?" Rukia asked, surprised. "Forgive me for entering without knocking! Well, I did knock, but no one answered, and I sensed that everyone was inside after I sensed the Hollow near the school grounds, and I just couldn't keep up! But here I am! And Renji got lost in the crowds, so we ran into each other... Where's Rina-chan?" she rambled almost incoherently and finally concluded. Everyone seemed a bit confused.

At that time, Urahara returned with a tray of tea and cups. "Oh, good evening, Orihime. Very well-timed entrance!" he said before scooting past her to the table. "Join us. It appears that Rina has had a mishap. She's resting now," he said as he placed the tea on the table and sat. Orihime squeezed in beside him.

"Hey, Renji. Do you know anything about Rina? It seems like no one here has any information about her."

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

A
One detail you could mention, if you want, could be one of her Zanpakuto's abilities is to be able to absorb reishi when it's in its Shikai state.

Renji was glad he ran into Orihime. He knew most of the town well but that festival was confusing. At least the Hollow was defeated but he was wondering what was going on. "I know she hasn't been a Shinigami for that long. I'm no social butterfly but I do know a small bit. Captain Ukitake seems to always make sure she's fine. Not necessarily babysitting but like he doesn't want her to get hurt. She's real shy and I don't see her often so I'm not sure who she's good friends with or anything," he said.

"We'll I guess we don't have too many clues there besides Captain Ukitake. I guess there isn't a way we can be able to talk to him, is there?" he asked. He was really waiting for Urahara to give answers about this Shinigami. He hated them but since they had a common enemy, he needed to know what this girl was hiding in case it was something bad.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

"Until one of you returns to Soul Society, I would say that contacting your captain is impossible," Kisuke said before blowing his cup of tea. "Why don't we start with today's incident? The first responder probably has more to add..." he added, glancing at Yumichika.

Rukia and the others followed the shopkeeper's gaze, so Yumichika cleared his throat and began. He relayed to the others how the Hollow seemed more intelligent than others he encountered, how Rina was injured, the man on the Hollow's lure (which he now comprehended was a trap), how Rina's reiatsu drastically increased and she changed forms, how she spoke like a completely different person in regards to the man on the lure, and how she reverted back with no memory.

"So it's already happening..." Kisuke said ominiously. Rukia and Yumichika gave him questioning looks. "You see, Rina is another person. Around a century ago, she was a captain. She has suffered amnesia for years as a result of a traumatic battle in Soul Society. I am still gathering information about the matter, which is difficult since the higher-ups have all but kept Rina's identity a secret and I have a feeling that they don't know the entire story, either..." Kisuke paused to give the others a chance to ask questions. Yumichika seemed apprehensive, but he kept his mouth shut. Rukia seemed to be deep in thought. Most of them looked confused in various degrees.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Ichigo was the first to speak up. If this happened inside the Soul Society, then there could only be so many to blame."So whoever did this was probably hiding a secret, and wanted her dead." Uryu cut in. He wasn't as smart as Kisuke but he had his wits. "It could be so. Or maybe she needed to hide something as well. We can only assume so much until we find out who was behind this."

That was true. It wasn't like the Soul Society had a way to keep bad things from happening. Every once in a while something did go wrong, whether or not everyone knew. "Kisuke, how much of a bet do you think Aizen could've been behind this? It is true that we don't have evidence but he's our only suspect that we can think of."

If it wasn't Aizen then that would give another problem. If someone wanted a captain dead then they either wanted a death wish or they wanted something. "There's two things then. Somehow being here in the world of the living has affected her more than the Soul Society or could it be her Zanpakuto? Also, with her temporarily getting her ability back, we have more of a chance to find out from her."

Ichigo was dense at times, but even Uryu knew he had a good brain. "If it is her Zanpakuto then there is a possibility of finding out a quicker way to get information. We've already got an Arrancar problem but we probably need to solve this too. On a second thought, shouldn't we give her a story to go with about the battle? She has no recollection and we need everyone we have to fight right now."

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

'Ishida is very keen,' Kisuke thought when he suggested that perhaps Rina was hiding something. Kisuke already suspected that Rina inflicted herself with this total amnesia. A kido specialist, especially a Captain, could control a spell to erase their memory and basically turn back their body's internal clock if they were desperate enough. No records of this kido publicly existed for obvious reasons. You wouldn't want crooked shinigami performing the kido out of revenge against others, and it hardly makes sense to erase your own memory. So why she did it, he was unsure. He had his theories, though, and he would keep them to himself for a little longer. 'I should speak to her again...' he thought before focusing back on the conversation.

"Aizen could be the culprit, yet again, but we can't focus solely on him until we have the whole story. I would prefer to research the situation further and not jump to conclusions, Abarai." He took a sip of his tea, which was now at the perfect temperature.

"Kurosaki and Ishida... While I appreciate your attention to the matter at hand, I strongly recommend that you do not talk to her about what happened today. Seeing things familiar to her past can help her remember, but it can also cause her to relapse into an even worse mental state if you don't handle her mind with care. If this happens again, then we will re-evaluate the situation. But for now, I would remain against it," he said rather seriously and crossed his arms.

A tense silence fell over the group as they internalized the warning. Yumichika hated long silences. "We can just tell her that she dealt the final swing with her zanpakuto while I distracted Grand Fisher. That's simple enough to believe, isn't it? She doesn't think that she could defeat it by herself. She said so."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff