Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

(( Don't worry about it! wink After the hiatus I took during school, I don't mind waiting one bit. Do what you gotta do!))

By the time Rina returned with their drinks, Yumichika's food was gone. He wished that he hadn't eaten so quickly, but the food was just delicious! "Thank you," he told her and took a sip. The syrupy juice was very sweet. He wasn't sure if he liked it, but it would do.

He barely caught what Rina said under her breath. "You've had it before? When?" he asked innocently.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

(( Don't worry about it! wink After the hiatus I took during school, I don't mind waiting one bit. Do what you gotta do!))

By the time Rina returned with their drinks, Yumichika's food was gone. He wished that he hadn't eaten so quickly, but the food was just delicious! "Thank you," he told her and took a sip. The syrupy juice was very sweet. He wasn't sure if he liked it, but it would do.

He barely caught what Rina said under her breath. "You've had it before? When?" he asked innocently.

Ah, it was nothing big. Just rearranging the room. Well, we did have to clean my boyfriend's car. We finally found someone interested in it and actually bought it. Insurance is a little cheaper lol.

She didn't mean for him to hear her mumble, but apparently she didn't talk quietly enough. "Uh, I, uh don't know. I've never had it before I don't think. It is my first time here..." Maybe she could have thought she had it before because of some other food or drink she had in the Soul Society. It wasnt me she had perfect memory. She then decided to change the subject. "Uh, why don't we go find another stand?"

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((I start my internship tomorrow, so replies will strictly be in the evening during the week.))

Yumichika brushed off Rina's comment as a case of deja vu. For all he knew, it was something she subconsciously remembered from her life as a human. It didn't matter.

He obliged to her request and stood, offering his arm as they walked. He and Rina were interested in winning more items, and they found a stand with a strange game. A male student skillfully swapped 3 cups in circles speedily across the wooden table where he sat. It looked like he was betting something against the current contestant. He raised the cup currently in his right hand to reveal a small white ball, and the contestant rejoiced.

"Huh... Hey, Rina, let's watch him a few more times. I think I want to play this game," Yumichika said, very interested. He decided to focus on the movements of the boy's hands. It was like learning an opponent's movements in battle. Yumichika had a good feeling about this game.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((I start my internship tomorrow, so replies will strictly be in the evening during the week.))

Yumichika brushed off Rina's comment as a case of deja vu. For all he knew, it was something she subconsciously remembered from her life as a human. It didn't matter.

He obliged to her request and stood, offering his arm as they walked. He and Rina were interested in winning more items, and they found a stand with a strange game. A male student skillfully swapped 3 cups in circles speedily across the wooden table where he sat. It looked like he was betting something against the current contestant. He raised the cup currently in his right hand to reveal a small white ball, and the contestant rejoiced.

"Huh... Hey, Rina, let's watch him a few more times. I think I want to play this game," Yumichika said, very interested. He decided to focus on the movements of the boy's hands. It was like learning an opponent's movements in battle. Yumichika had a good feeling about this game.

The game did seem interesting, but if he wasn't fast enough, then someone could catch him. Rina looked up at some of the others around them and they seemed to be completely dumbfounded by the boy's game.

She concentrated on the next round, carefully watching the boy. "Me and my friends used to do this all the time, before I joined the Academy. We would always try to be quicker than what our eyes could catch. I didn't play much but I could always win. I think that was because I was forming my Shinigami powers then," she told Yumichika. When the boy stopped, she grinned and looked up at him. "I think I know which one it is. Do you?"

Good luck! I don't know what the job is but I bet you can beat everyone else at it! Tomorrow, if things work out right, I should have plenty of time to either finish Rina's picture or work on it and start on Yumichika's sister. Do you have any ideas you want to throw in for her? I haven't even thought up a name yet. I figured that since you'll be playing her that you should come up with some ideas first.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((I'm thinking... Something also bird-like, maybe even a peacock like Yumichika to show the resemblance of even their souls. Her mask... Still not sure on that part. Perhaps something on her head resembling the feathers on the back of a peacock's head?))

Yumichika knew which cup held the ball. He hadn't taken his eyes off of the boy's hands until the cups stopped spinning. To Rina, he said nonchalantly, "It's the one on his left..." He waited for the boy to reveal the ball, and he was correct to his pleasure. The kid currently playing sighed loudly. She had guessed the cup on the student's right side. He gave Rina a side glance before continuing, "And I wouldn't give all the credit for your speed to merely your Shinigami powers. Sometimes people just have natural talent."

The boy took note of the couple and called them over. "Do you two want to give it a try?" Yumichika obliged and led the way. "Is there a prize if we choose correctly?" he asked, eyebrows raised. "Yes! If you choose correctly once, you get a piece of candy from our modest candy jar. Twice in a row, you get a bigger treat. Three times in a row, and you get a stuffed animal! Interested?" Yumichika nodded and said, "Very, but let the lady go first," offering the contestant's chair to Rina. She seemed like she wanted to play, as well.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana

Yumichika knew which cup held the ball. He hadn't taken his eyes off of the boy's hands until the cups stopped spinning. To Rina, he said nonchalantly, "It's the one on his left..." He waited for the boy to reveal the ball, and he was correct to his pleasure. The kid currently playing sighed loudly. She had guessed the cup on the student's right side. He gave Rina a side glance before continuing, "And I wouldn't give all the credit for your speed to merely your Shinigami powers. Sometimes people just have natural talent."

The boy took note of the couple and called them over. "Do you two want to give it a try?" Yumichika obliged and led the way. "Is there a prize if we choose correctly?" he asked, eyebrows raised. "Yes! If you choose correctly once, you get a piece of candy from our modest candy jar. Twice in a row, you get a bigger treat. Three times in a row, and you get a stuffed animal! Interested?" Yumichika nodded and said, "Very, but let the lady go first," offering the contestant's chair to Rina. She seemed like she wanted to play, as well.

How about I PM you? I don't want my whole reply to be full of ideas and not an actual reply... (You should've seen what I had typed up before.)

A stuffed animal? What in the world was that? Well, it seemed to be good enough to be a prize. She wasn't sure about having to take care more than one animal. They did have the kitten back at Orihime's house. "Alright. I can do this easily," she said with a grin. She stepped up to the boy and waited for him to start moving the cups around.

This time around, he seemed to get a little tricky about it. He would have to try harder than that to get her eye off of the cup. When he stopped, he asked her for which one it was. "It's the one in the middle," she replied. She knew she had the answer right, but she was a bit nervous about being wrong in front of Yumichika.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

"Good luck!" Yumichika encouraged Rina before the game began. He watched as the cups moved and eventually stopped. Like Rina, Yumichika thought that it was the middle one. The boy raised the middle cup, and the little ball was there. "Not bad, not bad. But don't get excited yet! Round two gets faster!" Indeed, the boy's hands moved a little more quickly than before. However, Yumichika could still tell which one. It was the middle one again. He wanted to tell Rina, but this was her game. He hoped that her eyes were as sharp as she made them seem.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

"Good luck!" Yumichika encouraged Rina before the game began. He watched as the cups moved and eventually stopped. Like Rina, Yumichika thought that it was the middle one. The boy raised the middle cup, and the little ball was there. "Not bad, not bad. But don't get excited yet! Round two gets faster!" Indeed, the boy's hands moved a little more quickly than before. However, Yumichika could still tell which one. It was the middle one again. He wanted to tell Rina, but this was her game. He hoped that her eyes were as sharp as she made them seem.

In a way, Rina was more excited about having the skill to watch something so fast and keep up with it than winning a round of a game. Since there were more threats in the world of the living, she would have to stay sharp. She kept quiet during the next round and watched the cup that hid the ball. It almost didn't seem like he was going that much faster. "Its the middle again," she said. Surely she couldn't miss this one.

I was thinking about having Rina lose this one and Yumichika winning the prize. What do you think?

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((
Iiiii submitted my post way too early.... If you got a notification, whoops...

Do what you want! Go ahead and control the boy, have Yumichika say something in Rina's perspective about the right answer, and finish this little game or something if you don't want to wait. I will be getting ready for bed shortly.

I was off in another tab and didn't see this sooner. I apologize. >.> ))

"Right again! But can you survive this?" the boy told Rina. This time when he spun the cups, he did a nifty trick and actually lifted two of the cups in the air to swap them a few times as he shuffled. Yumichika was impressed, but he wasn't tricked. The ball was in the cup on the boy's left if he was correct, and he was certain that he was.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((
Iiiii submitted my post way too early.... If you got a notification, whoops...

Do what you want! Go ahead and control the boy, have Yumichika say something in Rina's perspective about the right answer, and finish this little game or something if you don't want to wait. I will be getting ready for bed shortly.

I was off in another tab and didn't see this sooner. I apologize. >.> ))

"Right again! But can you survive this?" the boy told Rina. This time when he spun the cups, he did a nifty trick and actually lifted two of the cups in the air to swap them a few times as he shuffled. Yumichika was impressed, but he wasn't tricked. The ball was in the cup on the boy's left if he was correct, and he was certain that he was.

That's okay. I was a bit too busy to reply if I could have when you did. Stupid car troubles. I bought a car for cheap, which isn't in bad condition or anything, but we've discovered that none of the windows will roll down on any switch, and the drivers' side window is stuck down. We've tried quite a few things but no dice so far... But the good thing is is that this crack on the windshield can get fixed and insurance will pay for it. I'm going to go ahead and finish it. Also, I sent you a PM with the link of the sketch. It's not great but it's a sketch >.>

Rina watched carefully. This kid finally pulled out his moves. When he finished, she was lost. Somewhere, somehow, she got lost. It couldn't be the middle one again, but she still had one of two cups to choose from. "Is it that one?" she asked as she pointed to the one in the boy's left hand. He hesitated before saying anything to let there be a dramatic pause. "You are..." He quickly lifted the cup, and to his surprise, she was correct again! This girl was good! "Correct! Congratulations! You are a winner of any of these fine stuffed animals, he said as he stood up and pointed to several stuffed animals.

Rina stared at them. They didn't seem to be alive. "Yumi, which one should I choose?" she asked.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((A-Kon was this weekend, and I went all out. I was Nel!! emotion_awesome So I apologize for the wait, but I can link you to my public album on FB to compensate? mrgreen

What would you like them to do now? Progress to Rina's plot or romance? Let's move on from this game.))

Yumichika clapped jubilantly when Rina won. He could tell that she had to guess on that one by the questioning tone, but it didn't matter. She won! "Good job!" he told her happily. When she asked which animal to choose, he gave a quick glance at the animals set up behind them before pointing to a light green stuffed bear with white paws and muzzle. "What about that little bear?" he suggested.

"It's yours if you want it, miss," the student said to Rina, reaching for the bear. He gave it to her and sat back down. "What about you? I bet you want your turn, too," he said with a playful smirk.

Yumichika obliged and sat down. The game began again. One, two, three. The game ended in hardly a minute. Yumichika was just too good. He chose a golden lion that didn't look too shabby. "Ready to go?" he asked Rina.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((A-Kon was this weekend, and I went all out. I was Nel!! emotion_awesome So I apologize for the wait, but I can link you to my public album on FB to compensate? mrgreen

What would you like them to do now? Progress to Rina's plot or romance? Let's move on from this game.))

habby. "Ready to go?" he asked Rina.

That would definitely do! I was actually considering doing Nel if I wanted to do a wig in a cosplay next year if I had the money. If not then I have only so many brunette characters to choose from.

So you have to pick two ideas that I Want to do so bad! I have an idea. Maybe someone runs into the both of them and it becomes an accident? It sounds a little corny though. If you don't like it then we could go ahead and move on to the Grand Fisher.

Rina took the bear and held it tightly as she waited for Yumichika to finish. It seemed quite comfortable to hold it. It didn't seem alive either. There wasn't any breathing or anything.

"I'm ready. Aren't the fireworks going to start after it gets dark? Maybe we can see them better from the bridge. And that way we won't be surrounded by so many humans," she suggested.

Hygienic Genius

SaffireNinja

((You make the cute scene happen. Go! wink ))

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's see what else we can see before evening," Yumichika said cheerfully and held out his arm for Rina to hold. He held the lion in his free arm, and they began walking.

. . . .

They played several more games, realizing that they made a pretty good duo. After more stuffed animals-- it was a good thing that they won a huge backpack at the ball toss--, a few vouchers for free goodies at food stands and tickets for shows, and other human knick-knacks that they didn't even recognize, they were exhausted and happy. The fireworks would start fairly soon, so they decided to head to the bridge before the crowds. The sun was beginning to set, but it was still light outside.

When they arrived, Yumichika saw a few white lilies floating on lily pads down the river. Having a familiar idea, he reached under the railing of the bridge and plucked one from its pad. To his fortune, it was dry. He seemed very lucky today. Smiling, he offered it to Rina. "Just like yesterday, hmm? I could put it your hair again if you would like," he said, the flower delicately resting in his palm. A few people passed by them, but it was like they were alone at the park again.

Ruthless Hunter

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Nariana
SaffireNinja

((You make the cute scene happen. Go! wink ))

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's see what else we can see before evening," Yumichika said cheerfully and held out his arm for Rina to hold. He held the lion in his free arm, and they began walking.

. . . .

They played several more games, realizing that they made a pretty good duo. After more stuffed animals-- it was a good thing that they won a huge backpack at the ball toss--, a few vouchers for free goodies at food stands and tickets for shows, and other human knick-knacks that they didn't even recognize, they were exhausted and happy. The fireworks would start fairly soon, so they decided to head to the bridge before the crowds. The sun was beginning to set, but it was still light outside.

When they arrived, Yumichika saw a few white lilies floating on lily pads down the river. Having a familiar idea, he reached under the railing of the bridge and plucked one from its pad. To his fortune, it was dry. He seemed very lucky today. Smiling, he offered it to Rina. "Just like yesterday, hmm? I could put it your hair again if you would like," he said, the flower delicately resting in his palm. A few people passed by them, but it was like they were alone at the park again.

Excuse me, I might squeal a little

The festival was something to remember! If only she knew what some of the things they had gotten were. They seemed interesting though. They were getting some looks here and there from people being jealous of their prizes. It wasn't their fault, they just knew how to game.

Rina's blush came back again when Yumichika said something about the lily. It was another perfect moment. It seemed like no one else would even try to bother in their little world. "I think I would like that," she said shyly. She looked up a little more so he would have an easier chance to place it in her hair better. A sudden force hit her from behind. She felt her heart had stopped, and she couldn't tell if it actually did or not. "OH, sorry!" yelled the passerby. When she opened her eyes, she could believe her heart did, and was continuing in it's stopped stage. Her view was really close to Yumichika's face. She could notice the details on his feathers. And her lips were touching his. She wasn't sure if she should move or not, but she became confused as she couldn't figure out why she couldn't move.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff