Welcome to Gaia! ::

einmyrin
I've been reading that
the party is male characters only and that only Noctis can be controlled in battle with the option of giving commands to other characters.

is this only in the demo? I was hoping
Stella would be playable at some point.
Pretty sure the four we see are the four we get.

Not sure there are gonna be many more surprises released about this game until it comes out.

Sparkly Scamp

Dr Geo
einmyrin
I've been reading that
the party is male characters only and that only Noctis can be controlled in battle with the option of giving commands to other characters.

Not sure there are gonna be many more surprises released about this game until it comes out.
that's what I was thinking, but I wasn't too sure. I thought she would be fun to use in battle but I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way.
Dr Geo
einmyrin
I've been reading that

Cor Leonis is also supposed to be playable.
User Image
Of course, he could just be playable in the beginning, and either die or betray the group. Also apparently he's 42.

Also, I really hope that there's more than just 4/5 party members. I hate small parties. And I really hope not being able to control anyone but Noctis is just a mistranslation or something. That's really gonna bum me out if I can't play as Gladiolus or Ignis. emotion_8c That also makes this image really confusing. But that's also from like four years ago, so I guess they could have removed that element by now. neutral
Kuja9113
Dr Geo
einmyrin
I've been reading that

Cor Leonis is also supposed to be playable.
User Image
Of course, he could just be playable in the beginning, and either die or betray the group. Also apparently he's 42.

Also, I really hope that there's more than just 4/5 party members. I hate small parties. And I really hope not being able to control anyone but Noctis is just a mistranslation or something. That's really gonna bum me out if I can't play as Gladiolus or Ignis. emotion_8c That also makes this image really confusing. But that's also from like four years ago, so I guess they could have removed that element by now. neutral
He looks like a man who would betray the party.

Could also be Noctis' body guard who you control in the beginning escaping the capital. Then he dies and you take control of Noctis. Just a thought. Probably no where near correct, but a theory.
Nomura talks about stepping down from being Director of XV

....to which he says that he cannot say anything more than the fact that it was a company decision. There's a lot he's not saying, but the words "company decision" give off a bad feeling and I get the feeling that he's pissed. I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura left SE after finishing KH3.

Now I'm a little less optimistic about FFXV. I mean, I have some faith in Tabata, but I just have a slight bad feeling about SE in general now. neutral
Last I heard Noctis had to be in your party at all times but other characters were playable. Of course, that was long ago and the game has changed so much.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Seikishi

....to which he says that he cannot say anything more than the fact that it was a company decision. There's a lot he's not saying, but the words "company decision" give off a bad feeling and I get the feeling that he's pissed. I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura left SE after finishing KH3.

Now I'm a little less optimistic about FFXV. I mean, I have some faith in Tabata, but I just have a slight bad feeling about SE in general now. neutral
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

While a bit saddening to hear he may have been pushed off as director by Square Enix, it sort of makes sense too. Clearly Nomura wasn't moving the project along quickly enough, and we've been waiting far too long.
Cupcakesu
Seikishi

User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

While a bit saddening to hear he may have been pushed off as director by Square Enix, it sort of makes sense too. Clearly Nomura wasn't moving the project along quickly enough, and we've been waiting far too long.
Yeah, I mean if he was essentially 'fired' from the project, I can't say he didn't deserve it. The production time for this game has been completely ridiculous. And I mean BEYOND absurd. They have absolutely no chance of making back what they've spent on this monolith of a game, and there's no reason it should have taken this long. And that, boys and girls, is a fireable offense, and it's shocking no ones been fired because of it (though honestly I feel that the producer is more to blame since maintaining a smooth production schedule is literally their entire job. But stubborn directors can sometimes conflict with that).

I imagine Nomura was too ambitious honestly, and his vision for the game was never possible on the PS3 platform. But in that kind of a situation, you have to make sacrifices in order to make it possible. Frankly, Shadow of the Colossus shouldn't have been possible on PS2, but they made it work. And now, after having wasted an entire seven-year console generation, they have to upres everything for the PS4's standards, delaying the project even longer. If Nomura was fired for taking too long, then frankly, he deserved it. And I don't feel sorry for him. There is just no excuse for this ridiculous development cycle.

Ugh. Sorry. I have strong opinions. emo

Sparkly Scamp

I'm hoping for a larger party, personally.
I like having a large cast of playable characters, even if it takes a bit of grinding to keep them all at equal levels. That being said, I do like the four that have been introduced so far. I don't really know how I feel about Cor yet, and he seemed absent from the TGS 2014 trailers.
apparently
Luna is a new character.
Nomura tried to do too much. It's as simple as that. When progress on XV pretty much stopped, Enix had to do what was best for the company and it's next big game.

If Nomura is actually upset enough about this decision he should have probably not forced the company hand. If he takes his ball and goes home after Kingdom Hearts 3, is it that big of a loss? I'm not sure as of now.

When you don't get the job done, you get the boot. IF ANYTHING he should be happy they took him off the project and Tabata took it over. Tabata has said in interviews that he is not going to change much about the game because Nomura put so much in to the game. I can see why Nomura is upset, you grow fond of your project after working on it for 8 years. It should have been done 2 years ago. There could be countless reasons on to why it has taken eight years to get this far that we will probably never know about, but the fact is, it has taken eight years to get 60% done.

Nomura can go work on his franchise and give it all his time.

Tabata can take on the challenge that is FF XV.

No one should be pissed or upset about this situation. Especially Nomura.
I would just like to point out that during the first three years of XIII's development, they only showed off Lightning, Snow and Vanille. And each of them took like a year to be announced. It wasn't until the final year of development that we found out about Hope or Sazh, and Fang was revealed only mere months before the game's release.

There's definitely still a possibility that we will have more than just the five characters currently announced.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft gaia_star

At this point I believe the playable cast is done. It's an all-male team of 4 or 5 people.

New characters ARE being announced (Luna), but I don't think they'll be playable or even allied characters. Luna for example looks like a potential romance or enemy, and looks nearly identical to Stella.
Lyrrien
"Final Fantasy versus XIII" has officially been rebranded as "Final Fantasy XV"

User Image
User Image

TRAILERS
E3 2013 Announcement Trailer
E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer
E3 2011 Trailer (as Versus XIII)
2009 Trailer (as Versus XIII)

MORE INFO
Wikipedia Page
Final Fantasy Wiki Page

seriously?!
Did you guys read Tabata's really funny comment on the development time?
Quote:
I’m hoping people will reset their timers from when I joined the team and restart the count from there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Source
Soo... 2020 is when I should expect this game to be out. Got it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff