Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
faerie graveyard
I want a tin-foil suit of armor. Tin foil evening gowns. Tin foil masks! Why stop there?! Tin foil shoes and shorts! SOCKS, EVEN. UNDERPANTS!

smile I think this is a genuinely interesting idea, if for not other reason though than I love absurd humor, and can appreciate someone trying to bring value to a neglected item. There are a lot of those that could have something "fun" done with them, but are rarely used.

Please not underpants. gonk

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
maybe with towns 2 may introduce a new trash item: foil gum wrappers (or something to that effect)

collect about 500 foil wrappers to construct a tin foil hat

that way the hat is renewable, but not so easily attainable and it has it's own resource special only to that item

maybe the trash wrappers won't be very easy to find, thus making this item even more special to construct, gaining you your desired attention for it as well as keeping it special
idleRAT
Not particularly something I'd be interested in, but heh, why not?
Douglas Pouch
Incorporate Tin Foil Hats into Alchemy Recipes

^On that point though, they're a finite resource at the moment(old event item), so they'd need to add another way to obtain them if they were included in alchemy recipes.

Although I as a fly do fully stand behind them being included in Alchemy Recipes. I must say that I am adamantly opposed to them being reproduced in anyway. They are incredibly abundant, INCREDIBLY ABUNDANT!! Chances are you may even have one in your very inventory right now and didn't even notice it.

By reproducing them, we may as well not even incorporate them into alchemy at all. By reproducing them, we are in some ways, making them non-existent. They'd be so very abundant that they'd become like the air or consciousness itself, something that's so all encompassing that we sometimes don't even notice it's there.

There are many items used in alchemy that are very easy to come by. Tin Foil Hat can be easy to come by, but also finite. If one were to want to craft the "Ornate Tinfoil Backwings" one should have to put some effort into it and not just find a few Tin Foil Hats laying on the floor.

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
OH cheap tinfoil armor in the gold shops!
Nights-Rune

Whatever it takes to get people to notice this powerful item, it needs to be done.

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Douglas Pouch
Nights-Rune

Whatever it takes to get people to notice this powerful item, it needs to be done.

I do think tinfoil is very underdone and wish you luck in your efforts!

Indomitable Bro

but if we draw more attention to it, the aliens might become more aggressive and take countermeasures

and then they're going to find out where I'm hiding the leftover dog treats

Quotable Saint

Douglas Pouch
Of course I can imagine you might ask, "Why does it deserve this attention?". Why does the Tin Foil Hat deserve more attention than any other unpopular event item of the past?

The answer/answers is/are simple. These other items are so denominational. They can't stand alone, representing only what they are without evoking "otherness". When we think of a "Santa Hat" we don't think of simply a red hat or even just Santa. But all things related to Christmas. These seasonal event items lack the timelessness of the Tin Foil Hat. The Tin Foil Hat could belong in any time, any place, any season. It's obscurity is but part of it's sublimity.

SOLD!

I SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE! OH HUMBLE FLY.

I had just bought myself a Tin Foil Hat. Thank you for opening my eyes to this amazing new item!
clockwork_spider
Douglas Pouch
Of course I can imagine you might ask, "Why does it deserve this attention?". Why does the Tin Foil Hat deserve more attention than any other unpopular event item of the past?

The answer/answers is/are simple. These other items are so denominational. They can't stand alone, representing only what they are without evoking "otherness". When we think of a "Santa Hat" we don't think of simply a red hat or even just Santa. But all things related to Christmas. These seasonal event items lack the timelessness of the Tin Foil Hat. The Tin Foil Hat could belong in any time, any place, any season. It's obscurity is but part of it's sublimity.

SOLD!

I SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE! OH HUMBLE FLY.

I had just bought myself a Tin Foil Hat. Thank you for opening my eyes to this amazing new item!

THANK YOU SISTER!!

*Raises tiny black fly arm in salute

The Tin Foil Hat will not be forgotten. It will not to tread upon by other items. It will hold it's own for it is powerful and it is known.

Lonely Fairy

15,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
yea I dont rlly like the item and its not like its super popular or expensive. So I can kind of see why its not getting a lot of attention....
I am happy that because of all the golds that are being put into the system that more people are being able to afford the Tin Foil Hat and that more attention is being drawn towards the Tin Foil Hat. But I also think that gaia should themselves draw the attention specifically to the hat by including it in an upcoming webcomic and making it chic so that other users will want it. And it will be getting the attention that it deserves.

Dangerous Man-Lover

This thread kills me lol.
Oh hey, but I have one of those back from the Zurg Invansion Halloween Event!

I support the Tin Foil Hat Awareness Foundation 3nodding

King Noob

Captain Silas Manner
Douglas Pouch
Tenko72
panoptes
i never said it was without merit wink just a bit out there

tbh i think if you want people to become interested in the hat, there should be other pieces of tinfoil armor to go with it
I like the idea of a tinfoil set. I'd use them. I use the hat whenever I want the cake pose or want to make a conspiracy theorist avatar.

It's a versatile and unique item for sure. Tell me more about what a "cake pose" is.

I think Tenko's talking about the Leftover Tin Foil Hat, which when you raise one of your avatar's hands gives you a piece of cake.

omg it does! that is wierd.
`Smarties
This thread kills me lol.
Oh hey, but I have one of those back from the Zurg Invansion Halloween Event!

I support the Tin Foil Hat Awareness Foundation 3nodding

And the Foundation supports you. Thank you brother!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff