Asha/Yara 0.44230769230769 44.2% [ 23 ]
Balon 0.019230769230769 1.9% [ 1 ]
Euron Crow's Eye 0.057692307692308 5.8% [ 3 ]
Aeron aka Damphair 0.038461538461538 3.8% [ 2 ]
Victarion 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 15 ]
Other? 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 52 ]
1 2 3 >

The question is pretty simple! We haven't really met the Greyjoys in the show yet with the exception of Theon, a little bit of Asha/Yara, and their father Balon.

However, with the kingsmoot we are properly introduced to many of the big names in the Greyjoy family, like the three very different brothers named above.

My question to you is: who is your favourite Greyjoy? Ideally explain why as well!

My personal favourite is Victarion:

In my eyes, Victarion is everything a Greyjoy ought to be: strong, stern, commanding, and a true man of the sea. His dual-religious beliefs in both the Drowned God of his ancestors and the Lord of Light makes him a very interesting character, not to mention incredibly dangerous should he indeed meet up with Dany at some point down the road like he intends to. What's going to happen to Dany at this point is very much up in the air, but I'd love to see the interactions between her and the captain of the Iron Fleet!

Fashionable Lunatic

Oh my

I love Asha-Yara
simply because she goes total badass at the Kingsmoot and afterwards

I also really really like Victarion
because he's like a Theon that didn't fail. He dosen't go all jerk around he dosen't simply slaughter everyone without a thought. The bromance he shares with Serry is epic, but the one he shares with Moqorro is even more epic with all that "Hey what's up?" "Your God sucks." "I'm gonna freaking kill you if you say that again." "Lol come at me bro". Plus he is a great leader.

Euron:
We don't really hear a lot about him, and the little things I know about him is that he's a freaking c**t, but I would really like it if we could read his story too.
Hidden Gnomes
Oh my

I love Asha-Yara

because he's like a Theon that didn't fail. He dosen't go all jerk around he dosen't simply slaughter everyone without a thought. The bromance he shares with Serry is epic, but the one he shares with Moqorro is even more epic with all that "Hey what's up?" "Your God sucks." "I'm gonna freaking kill you if you say that again." "Lol come at me bro". Plus he is a great leader.

Euron:
We don't really hear a lot about him, and the little things I know about him is that he's a freaking c**t, but I would really like it if we could read his story too.

For me, it always feels as though Asha deserves better than what she gets, and it's frustrating.

I agree with what you say about Euron too. The thing about Euron though is:

Everything we know about him we know from the point of view of people who hate him. It's like how a lot of what we're told about Margaery we're told from the viewpoint of the slightly insane Cersei, so we really know very little. We don't really know what his deal is, because the only people who've talked about him hate his guts. I think one of my favourite things about A Song of Ice and Fire is how it's told like that; we never really know what a person is like unless they're a POV character.

Fashionable Lunatic

JDizzlington
Hidden Gnomes
Oh my

I love Asha-Yara

Euron:

For me, it always feels as though Asha deserves better than what she gets, and it's frustrating.

Everything we know about him we know from the point of view of people who hate him. It's like how a lot of what we're told about Margaery we're told from the viewpoint of the slightly insane Cersei, so we really know very little. We don't really know what his deal is, because the only people who've talked about him hate his guts. I think one of my favourite things about A Song of Ice and Fire is how it's told like that; we never really know what a person is like unless they're a POV character.

Yush. If only Martin could be immortal.....
Hidden Gnomes
JDizzlington
Hidden Gnomes
Oh my

I love Asha-Yara

Euron:

Yush. If only Martin could be immortal.....

He writes so well, but I definitely want A Song of Ice and Fire to have a definitive conclusion. I mean, all good stories have to have an ending! I just think that inevitably everyone will be either dead or settled, at which point the story ends, and I'll be fine with that.

Smitten Kitten

Victarion is great. The Greyjoys get a tough break. sweatdrop
maggie iratus
Victarion is great. The Greyjoys get a tough break. sweatdrop

I one hundred percent agree with you on that bold text there! I'm hoping that we get to see a lot more of them both in the show and in the coming books, there're a lot of great characters in the family that haven't been explored nearly as deeply as I'd like them to be.

Muscular Kitten

VICTARION.
Except I adooore Theon
as Reek
The only Greyjoy I don't like is Damphair. He's impossible to relate to, for me.

Cluttered Genius

11,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
I like AAAALLLL the Greyjoys! -Throws confetti and rides a kraken off into the sunset-

Beloved Raider

It's definitely a toss up between Asha and Victarion for me!

But I would hold Asha first because she is fierce as hell and the Queensmoot scene is seriously the best. Her and her beautiful pinecones. I really enjoy Victarion but find him to be kind of creepy at the same time...

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Waiting for the Drowned God to just create a huge wave and just rid us of all the Greyjoys honestly.

Theon is still an awful person. I feel sympathy. But nope.
Asha isn't too bad.

But besides them two, I wish we didn't have to suffer so much in AFFC through those incredibly boring chapters.

Partying Gekko

12,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I like Asha so far pretty damn well. I just finished reading her section in the second book when he meets her and I like it alot better then her presentation in the show. I think she has alot of respect for herself but at the same times isn't as constrained as some.
Theon rules

Shameless Genius

6,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
You can't beat a man who walks around on a ship in full plate because he's utterly unafraid of drowning.
Victarion all the way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces