Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saint Sweetheart

User Image

Inspector Bosco has received a tip on an upcoming train heist! Someone is plotting to steal the world-famous Sovereign Garnet as it's transported on the Ignatius Express. To thwart the thieves, Bosco has taken you, a rookie gumshoe, along for the ride. But just as you and Bosco embark, there's a sinister development: the engineer has been murdered! Coincidence? Probably not.

User ImageThis month's RIG features a crime theme complete with jewel thievery and and murder all aboard a passenger train! Murder on the Orient Express anyone? It's set up similarly to past question and answer games although this time around there is still a distinct element of luck. Just because you answer the question doesn't mean you get to pass.

A special treat lies in the small animations this time around. I can't quite recall offhand if this is the first time we've had animated art--I want to say Animal Quackers had it as well?

Spoons:
Y/N to this art?
Like the story this time around?
How about the luck based question and answer system?

And as always, we can appreciate the cute fail drawings done by Shavostars!

Missing Art:
Alternate dialogue for the wrong answer?

Pyawakit's blog
CI stuff. I animated the CI, and Shavo, Zetallis, Bara-chan, and Reapersun provided some amazing character designs for me to work off of. Thanks to Mishiri and Mori for the amazing work on the BG artwork for the CI too.

Special thanks to: Razumi Yazura and Je mange des bebes for their art contributions

Saint Sweetheart

User ImageScene 1: The Rookie
User Image
Shortly after taking you on as an apprentice, Inspector Bosco received a hot tip regarding a stolen jewel called the Sovereign Garnet. That lead will be taking you aboard the Ignatius Express. Help Bosco retrieve the jewel, and maybe there will be a promotion in your future!
User Image

User ImageAt the station
User Image
You and Bosco hand your tickets to the Conductor. He quietly welcomes each of you aboard the train. You awkwardly remark upon the nasty weather. When no one joins in your small talk, you decide to step on board.
User Image

User ImageFade to black
User Image
The sound of thunder startles you and suddenly everything goes black! A power outage? The lights flicker back to life, only to reveal a gruesome scene: the train’s engineer has been murdered! This heist has just turned into a homicide!
User Image

User ImageInvestigate the scene
User Image
You carefully inspect the soot-covered corpse. You take note of some broke chain links. Bag it, looks like the murder weapon. Could this be related to the missing jewel? Given the timing, you assume that the murderer is probably still on board. Solve the case before the train makes its final stop!
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

User ImageQuestion the bag boy
User Image
You and Bosco decide to split the duty of questioning possible witnesses. You approach a spry looking bag boy named Louis. Maybe if you ask the right question he’ll cough up a lead.

A:
“ALRIGHT KID, FESS UP! IT WAS YOU WASN'T IT !?”

B: “Kid, you had to be near the scene, Tell me what you saw.”

C: “Heeey, so how’s the food in the dining car?!”

Choose your answer:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User ImageLouis’s Statement
User Image
Louis tells you he overheard the engineer saying, “You crooked thief! I knew you were greedy, but this is low even for you!” He adds, “I heard a struggle so I ran to see what the ruckus was all about, and that’s when the lights went out.”

Your intuition suggests he’s probably telling the truth. Quickly! Move on to the next car!

User Image

User ImageCoach Car
User Image
In your search for the culprit, you and the inspector have made your way into the coach cabin. The killer could be in this very room! You overhear a mother trying to sooth her crying child. Look around the car and maybe you can discover what’s putting the poor little guy in such a sour mood.
User Image

User ImageMother and Child
User Image
You approach the young mother, Clara, while she’s trying to sooth her son, Tommy. Maybe they saw something. Ask away!

A:“Hey son, is this your toy train? Want me to try to fix it?”

B: “Can you put a lid on your kid? We’re trying to run an investigation here!”

C: “Hey kid, did you see a really scary guy run this way?”

Choose your answer:

User ImageTommy’s Statement
User Image
Tommy nods and mutters, “When the lights went out, someone pushed me and I fell. That’s when I broke my toy. They were gone when the lights came back.”

Sounds like the culprit may have already left this car. Get goin’!

User Image

User ImageDining Car
User Image
You and Bosco make your way into the dining car, searching for clues. Come on, sleuths! You need a lead!
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

User ImageThe Sous Chef

User Image
You and Bosco split questioning duty once again. You stop a young sous chef by the name of Dwight. Time to grill the chef. Heh, heh, heh...

A:
“What's on the menu tonight, chef? MURDER?!”

B: “These gloves are covered in soot. Can you tell me more about these, sir?”

C: “So, do frogs’ legs REALLY taste like chicken?”

Choose your answer:

User ImageDwight’s Statement
User Image
Dwight takes a good look at the gloves, saying, “These aren't mine. They look a little fancy for the patrons of this car. Looks like something that a first class passenger would wear... tch, maybe something she would wear...” Hmmm... Who is this ‘SHE’? You wonder how the killer could have made it through all these cars without a hassle. Anyway, it’s time to head to first class!
User Image

User ImageFirst Class

User Image
You and Bosco have made it to first class. Nice digs. Maybe the station will spring for travel like this if you solve the case. In any case, it’s time to hunt for clues. The killer can't be too far off.
User Image

User ImageThe Femme Fatale
User Image
You immediately notice the lovely lady in red, Thorn. But, wait just a darn minute, is that the... YES IT IS! That’s the Sovereign Garnet in her hands! Confront her!

A: “Give it up, lady! We’ve got you surrounded!”

B: “Sorry toots, but I don't think red is your color.”

C: “Ma’am, return the stolen necklace and tell us what you know about the murder."

Choose your answer:

User ImageThorn's Statement
User Image
Thorn looks shocked. “Murder?! Look, you big lug, I don’t know anything about a murder.” You then press her about the necklace. She continues, “Alright, fine, you caught me! I snagged it off that tall drink of water, the conductor. He was in such a big hurry he gave me the cold shoulder, so I thought I’d take a little souvenir for my trouble. Can you blame a girl?”
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

User Image Pursuit
User Image
It couldn't be... wait, yes, all of the pieces are coming together! The broken chain links, the gloves, moving from car to car without suspicion! IT WAS THE CONDUCTOR! Quickly, catch him!

User Image

User Image The Final Confrontation

User Image
You make the perilous climb onto the top of the last train car, where you find the conductor waiting. It’s pouring down rain and the whole thing is dangerously slick. You tell him the jig is up, but he looks like he’s ready to jump! If you don’t catch him now, you’ll never have the chance!
User Image

User Image Victory

User Image
You caught him! The jewel has been returned, and a murder mystery solved. Looks like a promotion is in your future, Detective.
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

Fails

User Image Leaving without you!

User Image
WHAT? Someone unhooked the carts! You and Bosco have been left behind! Better luck next time!
User Image

User ImageNot without a Lawyer present!

User Image
Oh Mama Clara is mad at you! How dare you talk to her child without a lawyer present! Geez lady, its not like we thought the kid did it! Try your luck again sleuth.
User Image

User ImageStomach turning!
User Image
For a detective in training, you sure have a weak stomach. Crime fighting will have to wait until after you use the facilities.
User Image

User Image Real Smooth
User Image
Ugh, embarrassing! You tripped over your gumshoes. Dust yourself off, Rookie and try again.

User Image

User Image Faster than a speeding locomotive?!
User Image
In a leap of faith, the Conductor jumps off the speeding locomotive to safety, leaving you and Bosco behind. Better luck next time!
User Image

Big Member

Ooooh cool. :33

Saint Sweetheart

let's hope the fails are kept to a limit otherwise it's gonna take a bunch of tries to finish this thread sweatdrop

Demonic Lover

tysm for doing this * O* so cute~
am I the only one thinking it's got to be the Conductor with his watch? . 3.

Saint Sweetheart

fails, you're killing me >:C

@Vivi- np n^n

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
User Image The Final Confrontation

User Image
You make the perilous climb onto the top of the last train car, where you find the conductor waiting. It’s pouring down rain and the whole thing is dangerously slick. You tell him the jig is up, but he looks like he’s ready to jump! If you don’t catch him now, you’ll never have the chance!
User Image
----

User Image Faster than a speeding locomotive?!
User Image
In a leap of faith, the Conductor jumps off the speeding locomotive to safety, leaving you and Bosco behind. Better luck next time!
User Image
----

User Image Victory

User Image
You caught him! The jewel has been returned, and a murder mystery solved. Looks like a promotion is in your future, Detective.
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

Razumi Yazura

thank you so much!

p much ran outta gold and can't purchase more until they're released in the shop so sweatdrop

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
T y l e n o l.
thank you so much!

p much ran outta gold and can't purchase more until they're released in the shop so sweatdrop
No problem. I made an edit to that post. I originally opened 4 bundles I purchased with money. No victories. I bought one bundle from the MP and got two victories so far and still have left overs. Funny how that goes...

Backwoods Plague

User Image Leaving without you!

User Image
WHAT? Someone unhooked the carts! You and Bosco have been left behind! Better luck next time!
User Image

Saint Sweetheart

Razumi Yazura
No problem. I made an edit to that post. I originally opened 4 bundles I purchased with money. No victories. I bought one bundle from the MP and got two victories so far and still have left overs. Funny how that goes...

wow, 4 bundles and no victories? that's rough. At least you got some in the end though 3nodding

I opened one I got with money, sold the other one. Now I've just been using gold and have been having terrible luck. Can't win 'em all I suppose xD

&I got 'em, thanks again :3

Je mange des bebes!

thanks! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out