to your last post, WHAT!?

in character or out of character?

in the rp.

Shy Friend

LaLaLoof
Nam-nam-Azzy
Crissy00001
Nam-nam-Azzy
In case you guys wanted to see what my elbow looks like after I fell... Right after I fell, the next day.

OMGGG HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?!??!

I fell down my back porch steps. My elbow hit a brick my mom keeps under the railing as a decoration. I ended up with a pretty bad bruise on my hip as well. XD I'm glad I didn't land on my already broken tailbone :p

did you ever find those knee and elbow bandaids at the store??

I did~

Shy Friend

iiDropKickBabies

I will reply later tonight. My mom wanted to have an impromptu pirates of the carribean marathon since she hasn't seen the last one. XD

Anxious Autobiographer

4,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

to your last post, WHAT!?

in character or out of character?

in the rp.

(@ArchMageZer0: this is for everyone okay, but you're still quoted because I want you to see this too.)

I asked several times earlier if the accent Ninette speaks with was too much and the only person that responded said they loved it and to keep it. (iidkb) So now I'm inclined to keep it (Because I've grown fond of the way she speaks and I enjoy typing the speech and thought sections out phonetically so people can clearly see her drawls and speech patterns).... but if I get too many people asking what she's saying then the way I type out her speech and thoughts is going to change, though very minimally.

Since so many people have joined since I started posting here I'm going to ask again if I should keep or alter the current form speech I use for this character.
Do you think I should keep Ninette's thick southern accent? Do you like it as a part of her character? OR would you rather I type with textbook standard English for the entirety of my posts?

I have two votes for the accent so far. One from iidropkickbabies and from myself.
If there are more votes one way or the other I will either change my posting habits or keep them. smile Really I do want people to weigh in on this. Can or can't you read the accent? Do you or don't you like it? These are things I need to know to continue my involvement in this roleplay. I won't feel comfortable posting until I have answers, ya know?

The below translation is for everyone's use so they can understand my previous posts if they need help.
I really do want everyone to be able to understand what I post which is why I've asked a few times if I should change my posting style.

I'm color coding the beginning so y'all can get an idea of the connections in what word has what meaning.
Just pronounce each word as it has been typed and remember that she has a thick southern accent because she is from Louisiana. It should fall into place rather easily as you read. At least that is my sincere hope.

If you're not from the US and aren't familiar with a Southern US accent then I am more than happy to accommodate with translation if the accent results come back positive. smile

This is what she said

"Ah need hayl-...... Ahssistence in gettin' cawt up. Alluva students bafore Ah left had sum' kind'a stones 'ey were usin' er sumin' fer 'eir po'ers right? Well Ah prob'ly need one'a them, Ah need ta catch up on all'a notes Ah missed, and Ah needa'no wha' happened after Ah left tha classroom. Issere anyway you can gimme some help with'at? Ah know Ah got no right coming in'ere demandin' alliss of ya, an' ya got evur'right ta turn me away. But Ah'd be really grateful if ya could haylp me out 'ere Miss..."

Which, typed without using local color language or any semblance of geographical vernacular habits, means:

"I need hel-...... Assistance in getting caught up. All of the students before I left had some kind of stones they were using or something for their powers, right? Well I probably need one of them, I need to catch up on all of the notes I missed, and I need to know what happened after I left the classroom. Is there any way you can give me some help with that? I know I've got no right coming in here and demanding all of this from you, and you have every right to turn me away. But I'd be really grateful if you could help me out, here, Miss."

Thank you so much for reading! smile I hope I'm not wasting everybody's time with this, but it's very important for me.

Prophet

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
LaLaLoof

i didn't understand it. nor did i see that post where you were asking about the accent thing

Anxious Autobiographer

4,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

i didn't understand it. nor did i see that post where you were asking about the accent thing

So that's a vote against the accent, right?
I posted about the accent earlier in this ooc thread on pg 121.
I've noticed you see things more often when you're quoted which is why I have a habit of quoting you in posts now, but back then I didn't know that. (i realized you didn't see it which is why i re posted the question! smile I promise I'm not mad or anything. I just used your question as an opportunity to spring the vote again hoping it'd work this time.)
I just thought everyone read it the first few times since Azzy and DropKick saw it.

Now I know otherwise so I've posted the question in document style with lots of bold and color so people will definitely see it, and I made sure to quote you at the top so you'd catch it too!
I want as many people to weigh in as possible! So I really hope this method works better.

Prophet

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
LaLaLoof
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

I've noticed you see things more often when you're quoted which is why I have a habit of quoting you in posts now, but back then I didn't know that. (i realized you didn't see it which is why i re posted the question! smile I promise I'm not mad or anything. I just used your question as an opportunity to spring the vote again hoping it'd work this time.)
I just thought everyone read it the first few times since Azzy and DropKick saw it.

Now I know otherwise so I've posted the question in document style with lots of bold and color so people will definitely see it, and I made sure to quote you at the top so you'd catch it too!
I want as many people to weigh in as possible! So I really hope this method works better.

part of me not noticing is because i sometimes drink while i post. which is completely my fault

Anxious Autobiographer

4,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

part of me not noticing is because i sometimes drink while i post. which is completely my fault

Trust me, if I had the money for it I'd def be drinking too. I don't blame you for not noticing things, I just make sure to tag ya. smile It's no big.
Like really though everyone if you can't understand the accent or if you do understand it but hate it let me know! And if you love it let me know too! smile I want to get this sorted out before I'm like 60 posts in XD

Prophet

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
LaLaLoof

Trust me, if I had the money for it I'd def be drinking too. I don't blame you for not noticing things, I just make sure to tag ya. smile It's no big.
Like really though everyone if you can't understand the accent or if you do understand it but hate it let me know! And if you love it let me know too! smile I want to get this sorted out before I'm like 60 posts in XD

Smirnoff ice?

anways, yeah i couldn't understand it one big

in fact i was kinda one the fence about. should i have rozalina talk the way she does.

a normal person
the dog ran across the road
rozalina
the dog was running across road.

yeah that should be easy to understand. but when it gets to the put where she's . . . point is it's sometimes hard to understand her posts.

Shy Friend

I vote keep it!

Anxious Autobiographer

4,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

Nah I think it's fine.
Oh, and about Roz's post. Didn't she also give the students a badge to wear to help them control their powers? A talisman? You don't have to give it to Ninette if you don't want to. (in fact that'll make future rp much more interesting.....) I was just wondering is all.

Prophet

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
LaLaLoof
ArchMageZer0
LaLaLoof

Nah I think it's fine.
Oh, and about Roz's post. Didn't the students also give the students a badge to wear to help them control their powers? A talisman? You don't have to give it to Ninette if you don't want to. (in fact that'll make future rp much more interesting.....) I was just wondering is all.

her gift isn't magical or power based. isnt' it making potions wait hold on i'll check. i actually had a hard time reading your post

no wait she can change matter ok i edited my post

Anxious Autobiographer

4,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ArchMageZer0
Thanks! smile Yeah she changes matter and this power itself is affected (enhanced or erradic according to certain times according to the large universal bodies visible through the atmosphere. Right now it's only the Sun and the Moon but soon it'll include the local planets.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff