Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just downloaded a GPU temp gage thing and just on the desktop it says its averaging between 47.8-49 'C (I doubt that's good)

and the load is currently at 0%
sgt.Frosty
I just downloaded a GPU temp gage thing and just on the desktop it says its averaging between 47.8-49 'C (I doubt that's good)

That is really high for it not having any load. If that's what the temp is at at idle, I can't really imagine what the temp is at when it is loaded.

I am currently using a Radeon HD 7750 and at idle my temp is approximately 33C at idle. Loaded my temp runs at approximately 45C. I think it's safe to say that your GPU is overheating.
Darkened Shadow
sgt.Frosty

That is really high for it not having any load. If that's what the temp is at at idle, I can't really imagine what the temp is at when it is loaded.

I am currently using a Radeon HD 7750 and at idle my temp is approximately 33C at idle. Loaded my temp runs at approximately 45C. I think it's safe to say that your GPU is overheating.

yup, and is most likely the cause of my misery and woe, it also might be at that temp because of my new power supply, whether it is or not, I'm putting the old one back in. this set up would cost more to fix for such little gain as to simply play games. I did learn a little from the experience though

thankyou to everyone for the help anyway, I believe my only option is to build my own computer at some point in the near future.
sgt.Frosty
Darkened Shadow
sgt.Frosty

yup, and is most likely the cause of my misery and woe, it also might be at that temp because of my new power supply, whether it is or not, I'm putting the old one back in. this set up would cost more to fix for such little gain as to simply play games. I did learn a little from the experience though

thankyou to everyone for the help anyway, I believe my only option is to build my own computer at some point in the near future.
I highly doubt your PSU has anything to do with your GPU overheating.
Darkened Shadow
sgt.Frosty
Darkened Shadow
sgt.Frosty

I highly doubt your PSU has anything to do with your GPU overheating.

then its simply a lack of an efficient cooling system?
sgt.Frosty
then its simply a lack of an efficient cooling system?
That's usually the cause of most overheating issues.

However in your case I think it's just your GPU being old and not being able to keep up with these newer games requiring more powerful cards to run. That's just a theory though. Whether it's true or not I cannot say. My store bought computer/tower keeps my HD 7750 at the said temps I mentioned earlier.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff