Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I remember seeing this - I believe on Yahoo Answers, but I'm not entirely sure if the theory is plausible or not.

Opinions?

Quote:
I got this. At the end of Book 2 in the original series, Aang was killed by a lightning strike from Azula which caused Amon to be born as the new avatar since Aang died. However, Katara revived Aang with the water from the Spirit Oasis and he was all good as new. This caused Amon to lose his ability to bend the elements, but he was still connected and had the spiritual side that Korra does not. This explains why Korra does not get the spiritual side of being an avatar and how Amon actually was able to commune with the spirits to learn energy-bending.

*Edit.

Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120422091303AAe2mw9
wahmbulance you good? wahmbulance

Fashionable Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
ppaypay123
wahmbulance you good? wahmbulance

Wat?

Militant Zealot

17,915 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Person of Interest 200
So that is saying that Amon and Korra are two halves of a 'full' avatar.

But, they are forgetting something important.

Roku specifically states that dying in the Avatar state would break the cycle. that's why being in the Avatar state is when aang was 'at his most powerful, and most vulnerable.'

Aang's death at the hands of Azula was IN the Avatar state. so there would be no 'new' avatar upon that death. it's only Katara's ability to revive him with the water that Korra even exists at all.

Blessed Prophet

You just blew my mind eek

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind Shadow of Twilight made it make sense lol

Friendly Fatcat

7,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
Wouldn't that make Amon like, really old?

Fashionable Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Shadow of Twilight
So that is saying that Amon and Korra are two halves of a 'full' avatar.

But, they are forgetting something important.

Roku specifically states that dying in the Avatar state would break the cycle. that's why being in the Avatar state is when aang was 'at his most powerful, and most vulnerable.'

Aang's death at the hands of Azula was IN the Avatar state. so there would be no 'new' avatar upon that death. it's only Katara's ability to revive him with the water that Korra even exists at all.

Thank you, It's been awhile since I've seen the original series and I'm in love with Legend of Korra, also Thank you for not being a douche about the response! smile

Fashionable Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Athena_flora
You just blew my mind eek

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind Shadow of Twilight made it make sense lol

It blew my mind too. ;c

Profitable Gaian

8,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It's a good theory, but it's Twilight made a point...

Beloved Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Inquisitor 200
Whoooa... that's a pretty good theory. o:

Rainbow Saint

13,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Nudist Colony 200
not to mention if Aang wasn't apart of Korra she wouldn't have been getting those messages he sent her.

I'm guessing it's the one ex councilmen's father who's figured out how Aang can take away bending and made technology to mimic it. He did say in the vision he was going ot own the city one day.
maybe this is the reason why Korra doesn't have Airbending or can't even make a puff because Amon has that power, along with other gifts she doesn't have and the same with Amon who doesn't have the other bending gifts. so they are two halves of one avatar, strange but it works. But we shall find out in the next episode.
        Pabu is obviously Amon.

Winner

Aside from breaking several established rules of the Avatar universe, that would mean Amon was about seventy years old, so I doubt it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff