• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
NEVERMIND.

Demonic Wolf

8,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Can you give more deets, please? I cannot create a character without knowing the full story. If you aren't comfortable sharing it here, PM it to me. I don't mind. I'm just one of those people who basically have to be told a lot before I can truly create a character.

And when I do create one, treat him/her with the utmost care. She/he is my baby. :3 I put a lot of time and effort into my characters. I don't want you editing him/her too much...
what exactly is a character to gaia? im new and dont no alot about it
Wait, so you want us to make characters for you? I feel that that's something that the writer should do by themselves. Characters should be made completely on your own so you can call them your own. Otherwise, you didn't really make them yourself and so they wouldn't be as special, even if you only used parts of characters we give you. Besides, we're not really allowed to hand out ideas like that on here unless it's something very specific. Like helping with an already made character's development or a specific plot hole. Most people won't be so keen on making up characters for someone else when they could use those characters for their own stories, anyway.

But making characters isn't so hard! It's fun. I only make characters if I need them for something plot related. If you don't need a character, then you shouldn't make one. But if you do need one, think about what their role is going to be. Then think out what would happen if they had certain personalities. Then pick the personality you like best or that would be best for the plot. For more development, think about why they would have that personality. What are their values and how can you show that in the way they speak and act? Same with powers. Think about what the characters are going to be doing and what they wouldn't be able to do without powers. Then think about what kind of power they would make it possible for them to do that task. The gender, age, and name along with any quirks should be able to work out itself along the way. Otherwise just pick a name. Unless their name is important to the plot, it really doesn't matter what you call them and your character will grow into whatever name you pick. Or you could just change it later when you think of something better. I hope this helped at least a little.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Elemental powers are overplayed! Booooooooooooooooo!

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Hikaru-Shinrin

Personality:

This is the only thing that would develop them more and affects the rest (most of them), not the other way around.

Plus, characters don't exist in a vacuum, so you can't put a single word or even sentence as their personality. Different people act differently in different situations with different context.

Use motivation and the role they serve in the story to decide what they'd do in the story.

Demonic Wolf

8,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mortok
Elemental powers are overplayed! Booooooooooooooooo!

Eh, I have to agree on this, despite the fact I agreed to create one. I'm trying to push aside my hatred for overrated things to help a fellow author out.

Fishy Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
Seconded bro
Kairi Nightingale
Wait, so you want us to make characters for you? I feel that that's something that the writer should do by themselves. Characters should be made completely on your own so you can call them your own. Otherwise, you didn't really make them yourself and so they wouldn't be as special, even if you only used parts of characters we give you. Besides, we're not really allowed to hand out ideas like that on here unless it's something very specific. Like helping with an already made character's development or a specific plot hole. Most people won't be so keen on making up characters for someone else when they could use those characters for their own stories, anyway.

But making characters isn't so hard! It's fun. I only make characters if I need them for something plot related. If you don't need a character, then you shouldn't make one. But if you do need one, think about what their role is going to be. Then think out what would happen if they had certain personalities. Then pick the personality you like best or that would be best for the plot. For more development, think about why they would have that personality. What are their values and how can you show that in the way they speak and act? Same with powers. Think about what the characters are going to be doing and what they wouldn't be able to do without powers. Then think about what kind of power they would make it possible for them to do that task. The gender, age, and name along with any quirks should be able to work out itself along the way. Otherwise just pick a name. Unless their name is important to the plot, it really doesn't matter what you call them and your character will grow into whatever name you pick. Or you could just change it later when you think of something better. I hope this helped at least a little.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Things aren't over done, they're just poorly done. Given that you can't figure out your own characters in the slightest, you're probably still doing it wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff